Found Deceased Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's also several psychedelic drugs where you can seem fairly normal from the outside, but you feel like you're in a dream, like DMT and Magic mushrooms. I have ended up in places where I have zero recollection how I got there or the people I was with. It's great fun and they often bring out the best in people, but its pot luck who you end up with. Sometimes when you come down you can have an urge to run away because everyone is coming down and back to reality. I could imagine being on them and a random Spanish woman starts speaking to me quickly and thinking what is this gibberish! Magic mushrooms in particular can also make you want to be in nature and not around people and a long bus journey could seem very unappealing. You can also just have a really bad trip which is very scary and could explain the panicky phone call.
Back in the 70s, I knew a couple of guys who went to the Canaries (not sure which island) and took some morning glory seeds, tripping their brains out for two days. One was certain he'd spent the day with his grandparents, at their camper (they were in the US) and the other carried around a rock in his back pocket, believing it to be his ID. Point being, they got around, all over the island, but may as well have been on another planet mentally. Moral of story: plant your morning glory seeds, don't eat them.

Did the police really say that they sent a helicopter out? Even allowing for translation difficulties (perhaps they actually said WOULD or WILL send a helicopter out), I find that a bit of a stretch so early in a missing person enquiry. The pin showed Jay to be only around 100 metres from the road. Perhaps the police were fobbing her off.
A helicopter went out. There is a video showing it in their search to date, I think its on the SAR official page or similar IIRC

It's definitely one option if he was walking up the road in a disoriented state - a hit and run sort of situation but they've gone the extra mile and hidden him?
It kinda had to be quick to not leave any clues, someone local or someone who lived very close by who's familiar with a hiding place or maybe ended up in the trunk of a vehicle. :(

I guess he could have been run over, then hidden/dumped somewhere by a random person.
I dunno.

JMO
And the driver could have driven back to see whether he was still lying in the same position dead or unconscious or had managed to get to his feet and walk away. A white car kept returning to the last known place where Jay's phone pinged according to some webcam footage shared on social media. Strange that noone saw him on that road after the air bnb's owner's sister said she saw him the one he asked about bus times. He just seemed to disappear after that sighting she said so herself she didn't see him again.

She said: 'What happened in court is irrelevant, he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. What matters more than anything is that my son is missing and we need to find him.'

She said: 'I really am saddened by all your comments. You seem to be so bothered about this G F M page. I really hope I am not taking my son home in a body bag.

'The funds are not released and won't be if not needed. I really cannot believe the British public are not supporting me in trying to find Jay.

'This may happen to any of you one day. Very let down by you all.'

She later updated the post and said: 'Update!! Sorry that you have taken this the wrong way. I am overwhelmed with the generosity.

'What I meant was VERBAL support. I really hope I don't need this money. If it's not needed it all gets refunded to the people who really did care.'
I think potentially his background is important tbh

Details of his criminal past were reported by El Dia, a local newspaper for the Canary Islands.

The headline read 'The past of the young British man who disappeared in Tenerife. Slater beat up a teenager along with seven other people.'

They went on to describe in detail the court case adding that he had a 'black mark in his past'.

Without speaking Spanish and therefor not fully understanding the context, if it has been reported as above I feel rather uncomfortable with that style. It feels like the family don’t have a lot of good things to say about the investigation and I’m not sure with all the other noise going on this will help relations. (I’m not suggesting that the local police aren’t going a good job.)
Can’t put my finger on it but today feels very intense could just be the time that has elapsed, and therefore a sense of desperation has hit for all parties.

It sure is relevant to what kind of person he is (!!!) but I don't see how it could be connected to his going missing in Spain. I mean, what would that entail - someone with a grudge back in England followed him to Tenerife and to the Airbnb and took revenge on him while out walking?

It sure is relevant to what kind of person he is (!!!) but I don't see how it could be connected to his going missing in Spain. I mean, what would that entail - someone with a grudge back in England followed him to Tenerife and to the Airbnb and took revenge on him while out walking?
no not necessarily

Same, how else could LE analysts or search team managers recommend alternative location choices based on Jay's patterns of behavior when routine searches don't pan out? Obviously, as he's not yet been located, Jay won't be found unless/until they consider all victim behavior as well as indicators or absence of any local predatory humans or wildlife.

The issue with all these screenshots going around is that they can very easily be altered or faked completely. Don't take anything you see as gospel!
*Quoted with permission:

The actor(s) & their confederates have on occasion, inserted themselves into cases, into social media, into search parties and passed themselves off as "interested parties" for the sole purpose of keeping an eye on the progression of the case, evidence gathered and to spread dis-information to the media, other searchers and LE. Do not assume for one second that we operate here in some insulated environment where what we post is not watched equally by elements of LE, attention seekers, profiteers and the actors themselves. ~ @Trackergd
SAR Search Manager & Footprint Tracker

Does anyone know, is this the road you would take from las americas to mount tiede? Ive just unlocked a memory from going on a bus tour up there when I was about 18/19. And now I think about it the roads were so narrow and you are up so HIGH. I honestly don’t know why anyone would venture off that road.

I’ve just checked it is but masca etc is a bit higher to the north west. Ooft off the beaton track for sure.
I took a coach tour a few years ago up mount Tiede that then went on to Masca via Santiago del Tiede. Although its not anything like the tourist resort areas on the coast, it is very much on the tourist tour route. I remember the visitor centre at Masca being so busy in the early afternoon that there was nowhere to sit down. Tenerife is a year round destination too so there is not really an off season. Not many people walking along the roads though, all in vehicles.

The Papagayo beach club where Jay Slater partied before he went missing.
The Papagayo beach club where Jay Slater partied before he went missing.

"Yesterday I was off and we were speaking the whole day about him. It's all we are talking about, the local people. It's everywhere in the media, it's so sad."

Notably, Monica mentioned that tourists seeking enjoyment often indulge in drinks to an extreme limit and the area suffers from drug-related issues, specifically cannabis and cocaine. During their visit, reporters were offered these drugs multiple times by individuals standing on street corners carrying business cards.

She said: "Everybody here is looking for fun and drinks. People could go out partying and get lost here, in the nighttime it can be dangerous."

In this article: "Jay Slater cops probe if his background 'relevant' to disappearance" it does say he was sentenced to "18-month community order with 25 days rehabilitation activities and 150 hours unpaid work for violent disorder", the rehabilitation activities suggest drug/alcohol misuse.
That's not necessarily true.

"A RAR could be used to address someone’s needs in the following areas:
  • accommodation
  • education, training and employment
  • relationships
  • lifestyle and associates
  • non-dependent alcohol misuse (ATRs are intended for those who are alcohol dependent and DRRs for those who misuse illegal drugs)
  • emotional management (MHTRs are intended for all diagnosed mental health conditions, apart from those that require a hospital or guardianship order)
  • attitudes, thinking and behaviour
  • finance, benefits and debt"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members