Found Deceased Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"A well-placed source said:

'The Civil Guard is not going to reply to criticism or praise it receives here.

Officers are just doing their job,
they’re
focused on the search
and they’re going to continue with the work they’re doing
without anyone taking time out to respond to the evaluations other people are making'.

'The Force is aware of some of the comments that are already out there
but are prioritising what needs to be done
which is to search for Jay.

Just imagine how much chatter there'd be
if we did publicly respond'.

Another insider added:

'If Lancashire Police have decided to make public their offer of support to the Civil Guard
that’s a decision for them.

But it doesn’t follow that the Civil Guard in Tenerife
will
be making any public statements of their own
in response
and it’s unlikely they will'.

'We have a different way of doing things
and that's not to say it's better or worse.

Just different'.

There has not yet been any police response,
official or otherwise,
to reports of a possible sighting of Jay outside a church in Santiago de Teide
around 6 pm last Monday."

Jay Slater search update as Tenerife police send two-word message | World | News | Express.co.uk
IOW, unlike Lancashire, the Civil Guard is no drama, professional, concerned about the task at hand. Contrast with Lancashire trying to make Nicola Bulley look mentally unstable by talking about her going through menopause. I know who I'd rather have looking for me.

So you're saying they could have identified what jay was wearing exactly, but they are just allowing shoddy inaccurate or incomplete descriptions of a missing person to be publicised anyway..
... someone else mentioned that mom might have done this-- but could not determine what was missing while also not necessarily knowing what he packed. We wouldn't know, if nothing was gained from her looking..

If that was him in the middle of the town at 6 pm why wouldnt he had asked for help from someone? or at least recharge his phone and tell his friend where he was. He suposedly had been walking from almost 10 hours with no water. It doesnt make any sense. I just dont think its him.
If that was him in town then all bets are off. May have got a lift/been brought there. In which case we have no idea what's going on but at least it would hold out the possibility of a better outcome.

Yes I remarked on this, reports take quotes and run with it. There was also an implication that he had said that there was ''nothing around." to which you might infer he's left the road and in the rough terrain. But that seems to have just been Lucy's assessment of the situation, and you could remark that the airbnb is in the an area with ''nothing around", a difference
As I recall, it was "the middle of nowhere" which is a perfect description of where that Airbnb is.

He cou
If that was him in town then all bets are off. May have got a lift/been brought there. In which case we have no idea what's going on but at least it would hold out the possibility of a better outcome.
He could have been hiding during those 10 hours from perceived or real danger and reappeared when he thought it was safer. Or maybe fallen asleep from exhaustion. It has been reported the person in the grainy image was seen sitting on a bench with two men. Whatever the truth yes I agree if it is him there is some hope of a better outcome and his father thinks this too. Any hopeful sighting is better than none.

If that was him in the middle of the town at 6 pm why wouldnt he had asked for help from someone? or at least recharge his phone and tell his friend where he was. He suposedly had been walking from almost 10 hours with no water. It doesnt make any sense. I just dont think its him.
In the UK police and media would have put out an appeal for this person to come forward so they could be eliminated from enquiries and the case could move on knowing it wasn't Jay.

For people that say 'even if you were drunk you would not...' and 'this or that doesn't make sense.'

It's fairly common on these sorts of party scenes that people get spiked. Someone may appear normal but be entirely suggestible and dissociated and have exactly zero memory of what happened to them during that time. It takes a long time to wear off, depending on what the poison is. It happened to me a long time ago as a teenager and I got a Bad Feeling and literally ran away before it took effect. I reached safety just as I started losing awareness, which doesn't necessarily mean a person is immobilised. I just had a gut feeling.

If someone had already been partying for days, drinking, whatever, they would be in an extra vulnerable state.

It's a horrible thing. I'm not saying that's what happened here, just that it is something that needs to be considered if someone behaves in an out of character or senseless way, especially in that setting. I taught my kids to never take their eye off a drink or accept one from someone they don't know and trust, and not to let their friends go off alone without a serious check-in.

Does anyone know, is this the road you would take from las americas to mount tiede? Ive just unlocked a memory from going on a bus tour up there when I was about 18/19. And now I think about it the roads were so narrow and you are up so HIGH. I honestly don’t know why anyone would venture off that road.

I’ve just checked it is but masca etc is a bit higher to the north west. Ooft off the beaton track for sure.

Perhaps he doesn't want his 'friend' to know where he is.

Someone may appear normal but be entirely suggestible and dissociated and have exactly zero memory of what happened to them during that time
There's also several psychedelic drugs where you can seem fairly normal from the outside, but you feel like you're in a dream, like DMT and Magic mushrooms. I have ended up in places where I have zero recollection how I got there or the people I was with. It's great fun and they often bring out the best in people, but its pot luck who you end up with. Sometimes when you come down you can have an urge to run away because everyone is coming down and back to reality. I could imagine being on them and a random Spanish woman starts speaking to me quickly and thinking what is this gibberish! Magic mushrooms in particular can also make you want to be in nature and not around people and a long bus journey could seem very unappealing. You can also just have a really bad trip which is very scary and could explain the panicky phone call.

There's also several psychedelic drugs where you can seem fairly normal from the outside, but you feel like you're in a dream, like DMT and Magic mushrooms. I have ended up in places where I have zero recollection how I got there or the people I was with. It's great fun and they often bring out the best in people, but its pot luck who you end up with. Sometimes when you come down you can have an urge to run away because everyone is coming down and back to reality. I could imagine being on them and a random Spanish woman starts speaking to me quickly and thinking what is this gibberish! Magic mushrooms in particular can also make you want to be in nature and not around people and a long bus journey could seem very unappealing. You can also just have a really bad trip which is very scary and could explain the panicky phone call.
I'd rather have a nice cup of tea and a scone myself, sundaaaay, but yep, consensual recreational drugs could also leave someone making extremely poor decisions, I'm sure, or running either from nothing or from something. They could be very disorientated and not sure what planet they were on, let alone which way was south. If reports of him having a normal conversation with a local are accurate, including remembering where his accommodation is and being able to talk about time, it seems unlikely that he was in that sort of state when he left, but perhaps they just think all extranjeros are eccentric.

The man, 20, said he was filming people dancing as he wanted to “remember the moment” of everyone having a good time.

Speaking about Mr Slater, he said he “saw a lad staggering around in front of me”.

“You could see him get up off the ground, everyone turned there to look. They looked a bit concerned,” he told The Telegraph, adding the teen looked “worse for wear”.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...duncan-tenerife-missing-updates-b2567537.html

Oh dear

The man, 20, said he was filming people dancing as he wanted to “remember the moment” of everyone having a good time.

Speaking about Mr Slater, he said he “saw a lad staggering around in front of me”.

“You could see him get up off the ground, everyone turned there to look. They looked a bit concerned,” he told The Telegraph, adding the teen looked “worse for wear”.

Oh dear
Oh dear indeed. One of the problems with these sorts of party is is that this might not stand out that much, whereas in another context it might raise concern.

I can't imagine where Jay is. I thought he would have been found by now, one way or another. His father said he hoped someone helped him off the mountain. Why would someone take him unless they were trying to help him? - a positive, we would have heard by now? but what about the negatives of Jay taken off the mountain?

I see the UK press has FINALLY decided to print the full details of his background along with some of the rumours going around suggesting that something quite different might have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1