Found Deceased Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s the angle the sun is hitting the square at as well from just above the hills, as well as the fact the body is part of the colour distortion. I will try and remember to take some screenshots later- hopefully I can get one around 6.00 and one around 7.00 with people walking in a similar location for a compari
Great, thanks!

It’s worth noting that the CCTV clip has been released by the family and not the Spanish police.

I think if the Spanish police were convinced that it is Jay they’d have been the ones to publish the CCTV.
Of course. The family desperately wants it to be him, as that would mean there’s hope that he’s still alive. It’s pretty standard behavior to cling to hope when there really isn’t any. Obviously police don’t believe it is him.

It’s worth noting that the CCTV clip has been released by the family and not the Spanish police.

I think if the Spanish police were convinced that it is Jay they’d have been the ones to publish the CCTV.
They have published nothing and it’s now been reported that they won’t be publishing anything either.

And today the Civil Guard confirmed that now forest trails and tracks north of the gorge in Teno Rural Park were also being looked at as the ongoing search expanded to other areas.

A well-placed source said: 'The Civil Guard is not going to reply to criticism or praise it receives here

'Officers are just doing their job, they're focused on the search and they're going to continue with the work they're doing without anyone taking time out to respond to the evaluations other people are making.

'The force is aware of some of the comments that are already out there but are prioritising what needs to be done which is to search for Jay. Just imagine how much chatter there'd be if we did publicly respond.'

Another insider added: 'If Lancashire Police have decided to make public their offer of support to the Civil Guard that's a decision for them.

'But it doesn't follow that the Civil Guard in Tenerife will be making any public statements of their own in response and it's unlikely they will. We have a different way of doing things and that's not to say it's better or worse, just different.'

Took a shot- this is not a screenshot of Jay- it’s just to show the square at 6pm and the quality when zoomed in on someone walking in a similar location. What I did notice is that the red cafe is open on the right and there are a small but frequent number of people walking around, the traffic on the back road is constant and so busy.

Attachments

• IMG_1473.jpeg
    IMG_1473.jpeg
    454.4 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1472.jpeg
    IMG_1472.jpeg
    100.9 KB · Views: 91
Took a shot- this is not a screenshot of Jay- it’s just to show the square at 6pm and the quality when zoomed in on someone walking in a similar location. What I did notice is that the red cafe is open on the right and there are a small but frequent number of people walking around, the traffic on the back road is constant and so busy.
Really interesting as would assume last Monday would have been equally as busy. Wonder if this is big news out there like over here or whether many locals are not aware of Jay being missing

If JS asked the woman at around 8am about the time of the bus, he would have surely have had to tell her where he was going or she would have asked (as she wouldn’t have known what to tell him otherwise). If she then saw him walking on the road a bit later apparently going in the wrong direction, why did she not stop and tell him? Does anyone else think that it is odd that no one else saw him?
Is it possible she responded based on the bus stop he was standing at?

Look at the shadow cast by the church and compare it to the shadow in the 'Jay' CCTV screenshot. The church seems to be casting much more of a shadow in the 'Jay' picture, so it would seem to be later than 6pm.

Post in thread 'Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #2' Spain - Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #2

Do we have accurate timings? It was the 8am bus he missed and then spoke to the neighbour who then left shortly after and drove past him heading up the road? Sky says the Lucy call was at 8.15, some say 8.30, BBC 8.30-9? That's not a long period of time to get lost, we know he was on the road so even if he turned off and then the call happened he could have returned to the road if he was thinking clearly

- 'Needing a drink' shortly after leaving the airbnb (where he could have got water)
- Suggesting he was walking 10 hours home
- Heading the wrong way
- Cut himself

JMO but i don't think he was in a coherent frame of mind (beyond just dehydration/tiredness). Would be really interesting to get the neighbours assessment of how he seemed and if anything was taken back at the airbnb with the two guys
I recall in one article the lady he spoke to said he didnt seem to be in distress (or something similar) Basically he appeared to be acting normal is what i took.

Sorry to go off subject but how did Jay’s Mum receive a text warning her she wouldn’t see her son again just as she landed in Tenerife? I know this was an early topic of discussion but how do they know it was ‘trolls’? She hadn’t put up any posters with her number on or anything as had only known for a few hours he was missing. For all we know, Jay is out there repaying a debt in some way. Mum of missing Brit gets chilling five-word message on her phone

And besides hope- maybe this is why the family is sharing that cctv footage IMO they don't know whether it has been discounted or even looked in to. I can imagine that this would be so frustrating for the family.... and also makes me question why they wouldn't keep the family informed...

Sorry to go off subject but how did Jay’s Mum receive a text warning her she wouldn’t see her son again just as she landed in Tenerife? I know this was an early topic of discussion but how do they know it was ‘trolls’? She hadn’t put up any posters with her number on or anything as had only known for a few hours he was missing. For all we know, Jay is out there repaying a debt in some way. Mum of missing Brit gets chilling five-word message on her phone

It came through on Snapchat. Her mobile number was shared widely in the start of his disappearance on posters and on the FB group.

It came through on Snapchat. Her mobile number was shared widely in the start of his disappearance on posters and on the FB group.
Do you need to be registered on Snapchat to receive a message though? Surely if you don’t have the app downloaded or an account people can’t randomly message you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1