Found Deceased Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've removed the text from the photo which was posted earlier.

View attachment 512752
That's a different pair of shoes (to the white ones he was supposed to have been wearing). Feet don't look that shape in socks, so they're not just socks. And slippers do tend to be wider than that.

Last edited:
You might have something there.

I can't understand why he went in the wrong direction. Even without a map, I'd think the direction of the sun and the terrain heading towards the ocean, with the higher peaks to the east, all would have told him to go south to get back.

Instead he appears to have turned towards the north.
Plus if I remember correctly the next bus was coming in 2hours, so maybe he thought "Ill already be back at the resort by the time the bus arrives if I leave now"

That's a different pair of shoes (to the white ones he was supposed to have been wearing). Feet don't look that shape in socks, so they're not just socks. And slippers do tend to be wider than that.
I don’t think we know what colour shoes he was wearing. There was a lot of confusion and updating posters the first few days- this was the last official post with a decription

Attachments

• IMG_0618.jpeg
    IMG_0618.jpeg
    121 KB · Views: 71
In Tenerife in summer most people will be wearing shorts and a t shirt and vast numbers will be young men, not saying it isn’t him, but there will be hundreds of thousands his sort of age who will also be wearing similar clothing

I cant really disagree..the only thing I would say is there wouldn't be too many "young" men In that particular area.

For me it all depends if it is from the same area the "reported" possible sighting of a similar young man with 2 men on a bench

I keep reading/hearing recent summaries by various MSM that Jay told Lucy he didn't have any water in his last phone call, whereas what he actually said, if the older, more contemporary reports can be relied on, is that he "needed a drink". To my mind those are two quite different statements and suggest very different states of mind.

JMOO

Jay Slater 'cut his leg on cactus' and 'needed a drink' before vanishing

I don’t think we know what colour shoes he was wearing. There was a lot of confusion and updating posters the first few days- this was the last official post with a decription
I'm surprised for a missing person, they haven't gone through his luggage with his mum to established which shoes he was wearing. What if a shoe is found? It's important.

Looking on Google Maps at the location of the AirBnB I noticed that the same building also has a cafe/restaurant with a small shop selling groceries. However, reading the Google reviews of this shop/cafe, it says that they only take cash. I would have thought that the shop would be open at 8am on a Monday morning, but perhaps not. If it was, and JS had no cash, perhaps he would have looked at the map on his phone before the battery died and seen that the closest place for food/water/civilisation was the Mirador, which is uphill. It may not have looked too far away. I also note, from StreetView that there is an off road footpath heading towards a place called Sweet Home Masca, which may have looked like a shortcut to the Mirador. If you follow StreetView along this path it becomes very difficult to navigate/see where the path is and is absolutely full of cacti. It is easy to understand how you could very quickly become lost and disorientated in this place without GPS help.
Yes there is also a little sign that states Las Portelas and Mirador pointing up that footpath opposite the Airbnb. I hope they have checked up in this general direction.

I'm surprised for a missing person, they haven't gone through his luggage with his mum to established which shoes he was wearing. What if a shoe is found? It's important.
He may have been shopping whilst out there, a lot of cheap knock offs that people like to pick up- this maybe why they aren’t sure. Either that or it’s a mix of colours and they can’t remember exactly what they looked like. Depends on how many trainers he has. I have one of each type of child- one I could identify every pair and tell you what was missing, the other has so many I wouldn’t have a clue as there always seems to be a new pair.

I keep reading/hearing recent summaries by various MSM that Jay told Lucy he didn't have any water in his last phone call, whereas what he actually said, if the older, more contemporary reports can be relied on, is that he "needed a drink". To my mind those are two quite different statements and suggest very different states of mind.

JMOO

Jay Slater 'cut his leg on cactus' and 'needed a drink' before vanishing
Yes I remarked on this, reports take quotes and run with it. There was also an implication that he had said that there was ''nothing around." to which you might infer he's left the road and in the rough terrain. But that seems to have just been Lucy's assessment of the situation, and you could remark that the airbnb is in the an area with ''nothing around", a difference

Just took a random screenshot from the webcam with people in a similar location to where jay was. You can see the colour distortion when you zoom in it looks very grey the clothing, but the actual video is in colour as you can see by the flags they put up recently.

Attachments

• IMG_1471.jpeg
    IMG_1471.jpeg
    128.8 KB · Views: 120
Do we have accurate timings? It was the 8am bus he missed and then spoke to the neighbour who then left shortly after and drove past him heading up the road? Sky says the Lucy call was at 8.15, some say 8.30, BBC 8.30-9? That's not a long period of time to get lost, we know he was on the road so even if he turned off and then the call happened he could have returned to the road if he was thinking clearly

- 'Needing a drink' shortly after leaving the airbnb (where he could have got water)
- Suggesting he was walking 10 hours home
- Heading the wrong way
- Cut himself

JMO but i don't think he was in a coherent frame of mind (beyond just dehydration/tiredness). Would be really interesting to get the neighbours assessment of how he seemed and if anything was taken back at the airbnb with the two guys

Just took a random screenshot from the webcam with people in a similar location to where jay was. You can see the colour distortion when you zoom in it looks very grey the clothing, but the actual video is in colour as you can see by the flags they put up recently.

Makes you wonder if it was later than 6pm as the still looks like it was dark. Maybe it is just the zoom feature that distorts and makes it look darker.

Is this the slope they have been searching around the apartment I wonder? And if he went the route you suggest, would he have been then seen 1-1.5 km up the road?
The path would pop out onto the road about that distance up, yes.
Yes, it's possible that this is where he popped out if he took the footpath. Equally he could have taken the road but the lady driving in that direction was certain that she saw him up there. The other sightings after this do not seem to be concrete enough to warrant as much attention, as it would be highly unlikely that he could cover that distance in the heat on foot and without being seen by more people when surely the whole of Tenerife must be aware of the situation. If he had managed to catch a bus or get a lift to get so far away then you would think someone would have reported the sighting.
I would be focusing the search in a fairly close radius from the AirBnB.

Makes you wonder if it was later than 6pm as the still looks like it was dark. Maybe it is just the zoom feature that distorts and makes it look darker.
I think it’s the angle the sun is hitting the square at as well from just above the hills, as well as the fact the body is part of the colour distortion. I will try and remember to take some screenshots later- hopefully I can get one around 6.00 and one around 7.00 with people walking in a similar location for a comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1