Found Deceased Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the webcam the screenshot was taken from, it was possibly taken from the time lapse video the day after he went missing. It’s the same situation I think as the road- it records 24 hours a day, makes a time lapse to be shown the following day and then must delete. I was watching earlier and it looked like a man was stopping every passer by and talking to them. The roads are also incredibly busy- if he was there someone else will have seen him, but it’s getting the message out to the locals.

Jay Slater's family have released a blurry image of a figure they believe could be the missing teenager

The family of Jay Slater have released a CCTV image which they believe could be the last known sighting of the missing teenager

The footage of a potential unconfirmed sighting of Jay Slater

His family and friends said the image seemed to depict a male walking past a church in the village around 6pm on Monday – roughly 10 hours after he was reportedly last contacted. They believe the blurry image could potentially resemble Jay, reports the Manchester Evening News. The Civil Guard has not directly confirmed whether or not the possible sighting is being investigated.

Family friend Rachel Hargreaves said police were investigating "every lead". Speaking from the village of Santiago del Teide on Sunday Warren, Jay's father, shared his concerns about the disappearance: "You think: 'Has somebody got him?' Because no matter if you were drunk or whatever, you don't go off that road up there... And there are people up there.... You don't go along that road for more than 20 minutes without somebody stopping you or passing you.

Jay Slater's family have released a blurry image of a figure they believe could be the missing teenager's family have released a blurry image of a figure they believe could be the missing teenager

The family of Jay Slater have released a CCTV image which they believe could be the last known sighting of the missing teenager

The footage of a potential unconfirmed sighting of Jay Slater

His family and friends said the image seemed to depict a male walking past a church in the village around 6pm on Monday – roughly 10 hours after he was reportedly last contacted. They believe the blurry image could potentially resemble Jay, reports the Manchester Evening News. The Civil Guard has not directly confirmed whether or not the possible sighting is being investigated.

Family friend Rachel Hargreaves said police were investigating "every lead". Speaking from the village of Santiago del Teide on Sunday Warren, Jay's father, shared his concerns about the disappearance: "You think: 'Has somebody got him?' Because no matter if you were drunk or whatever, you don't go off that road up there... And there are people up there.... You don't go along that road for more than 20 minutes without somebody stopping you or passing you.
IMO this photo looks like a shirtless male with a black cross body bag on which would make sense JMO

You mean of the cigararette? That was, allegedly, before he left the house. This from the Sun:

7.30am - Jay posts a Snapchat of a hand holding a cigarette in the area where the accommodation was - near the rural de Teno Park on the north of the island

8.30am - Jay calls his friend Lucy Law and tells her he missed a bus, had one per cent of battery left on his phone and was stuck in the “middle of nowhere”

Who knows if that's accurate because I distinctly remember the mention of 8:50 being the time Jay called Lucy ("I need a drink; cut my leg on a cactus; middle of nowhere").

How is it he'd just left the house and was so thirsty? He could have had water at the house. When he said he needed a drink was he talking about water or booze? In this span of time, he also (allegedly) missed a bus (bus stop right in front of the house) and still had the opportunity to go back inside for a drink of water. He was also seen walking up the road by the rental owner's sister. So, according to this timeline, in one hour, he went out on the step, smoked a cig, stood at the bus stop, walked up the road and phoned Lucy needing a drink.
Hi Artis. No, I was referring to the Snapchat photo as posted in post 193 of this thread. Was this taken by JS and at what time?

View attachment 512758

To me it looks like dark shoes, possibly long pale socks, khaki or grey shorts, a dark t-shirt and a paler long-sleeved shirt. It doesn't really seem to match what Jay was supposedly wearing, does it?

I agree.
A light coloured long sleeve shirt,
and dark both a t-shirt and shoes.

I don't think it is Jay.

But I can understand that family is hoping.

After all,
Hope dies last.

JMO

Obviously it's not a huge help ...but I can't think of any good reason for it to absolutely not be him.
It has the stance of a young man in shorts with dark hair ...but Obviously that's based on a poor quality image.
Having seen lots of cctv images colours of clothing often looks "off" I feel.
Does it fit with the same area as the earlier mentioned possible sighting of someone with two men on a bench?

I hope this is al
Obviously it's not a huge help ...but I can't think of any good reason for it to absolutely not be him.
It has the stance of a young man in shorts with dark hair ...but Obviously that's based on a poor quality image.
Does it fit with the same area as the earlier mentioned possible sighting of someone with two men on a bench?
I hope this is allowed as you can clearly see it’s the same figure that has been zoomed in on, but this is a slightly wider angle, although still not the entire image hence the fuzziness. If nothing else, this will help you appreciate why the picture is so poor

Attachments

• IMG_0617.jpeg
    IMG_0617.jpeg
    84.2 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_0616.jpeg
    IMG_0616.jpeg
    45.7 KB · Views: 213
If JS asked the woman at around 8am about the time of the bus, he would have surely have had to tell her where he was going or she would have asked (as she wouldn’t have known what to tell him otherwise). If she then saw him walking on the road a bit later apparently going in the wrong direction, why did she not stop and tell him? Does anyone else think that it is odd that no one else saw him?

Last edited:

In Tenerife in summer most people will be wearing shorts and a t shirt and vast numbers will be young men, not saying it isn’t him, but there will be hundreds of thousands his sort of age who will also be wearing similar clothing

Looking on Google Maps at the location of the AirBnB I noticed that the same building also has a cafe/restaurant with a small shop selling groceries. However, reading the Google reviews of this shop/cafe, it says that they only take cash. I would have thought that the shop would be open at 8am on a Monday morning, but perhaps not. If it was, and JS had no cash, perhaps he would have looked at the map on his phone before the battery died and seen that the closest place for food/water/civilisation was the Mirador, which is uphill. It may not have looked too far away. I also note, from StreetView that there is an off road footpath heading towards a place called Sweet Home Masca, which may have looked like a shortcut to the Mirador. If you follow StreetView along this path it becomes very difficult to navigate/see where the path is and is absolutely full of cacti. It is easy to understand how you could very quickly become lost and disorientated in this place without GPS help.

Attachments

• airbnb.jpg
    airbnb.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 68
  • towards mirador.jpg
    towards mirador.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 68
"A well-placed source said:

'The Civil Guard is not going to reply to criticism or praise it receives here.

Officers are just doing their job,
they’re
focused on the search
and they’re going to continue with the work they’re doing
without anyone taking time out to respond to the evaluations other people are making'.

'The Force is aware of some of the comments that are already out there
but are prioritising what needs to be done
which is to search for Jay.

Just imagine how much chatter there'd be
if we did publicly respond'.

Another insider added:

'If Lancashire Police have decided to make public their offer of support to the Civil Guard
that’s a decision for them.

But it doesn’t follow that the Civil Guard in Tenerife
will
be making any public statements of their own
in response
and it’s unlikely they will'.

'We have a different way of doing things
and that's not to say it's better or worse.

Just different'.

There has not yet been any police response,
official or otherwise,
to reports of a possible sighting of Jay outside a church in Santiago de Teide
around 6 pm last Monday."

Jay Slater search update as Tenerife police send two-word message | World | News | Express.co.uk

Last edited:
I agree.
A light coloured long sleeve shirt,
and dark both a t-shirt and shoes.

I don't think it is Jay.

But I can understand that family is hoping.

After all,
Hope dies last.

JMO
“Hope is the thing with feathers

That perches in the soul

And sings the tune without the words

And never stops at all.”

~ Emily Dickinson

Looking on Google Maps at the location of the AirBnB I noticed that the same building also has a cafe/restaurant with a small shop selling groceries. However, reading the Google reviews of this shop/cafe, it says that they only take cash. I would have thought that the shop would be open at 8am on a Monday morning, but perhaps not. If it was, and JS had no cash, perhaps he would have looked at the map on his phone before the battery died and seen that the closest place for food/water/civilisation was the Mirador, which is uphill. It may not have looked too far away. I also note, from StreetView that there is an off road footpath heading towards a place called Sweet Home Masca, which may have looked like a shortcut to the Mirador. If you follow StreetView along this path it becomes very difficult to navigate/see where the path is and is absolutely full of cacti. It is easy to understand how you could very quickly become lost and disorientated in this place without GPS help.
Is this the slope they have been searching around the apartment I wonder? And if he went the route you suggest, would he have been then seen 1-1.5 km up the road?

-/I hope this is al

I hope this is allowed as you can clearly see it’s the same figure that has been zoomed in on, but this is a slightly wider angle, although still not the entire image hence the fuzziness. If nothing else, this will help you appreciate why the picture is so poor
Thanks for this. Personally, I can't see how it could be him: surely he'd of been seen by someone else in the preceding 9-10 hours?

He called Lucy, in what sounds like some form of distress. He's turnaround on himself and succumb to the elements - the most likely and plausible explanation - given his own admissions of being lost and without water.

As always, hope to be proven wrong. And a big thanks to the moderators for clearing up all the ridiculous and fantastical speculation and pseudo-victim blaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1