Found Deceased Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crikey that does not look like a place I'd want to walk or drive! I can see why it could be difficult to find someone injured or worse in that terrain
If you were sane, would you go off the road? I would say no- but hung over, confused, whatever... not good. I think he misunderstood about the bus and thought he could "walk toward it." Just a guess. IMO

Hey I have been thinking of logical reasons why Jay was in his last location, I thought maybe he could've accidentally put Los Carrizales instead of Los Cristianos in the maps as it may have come up before Los Cristianos as it would've been closer. Maybe he was drunk enough that he didn't read it right? And saw a 1hr 22min walk and thought it sounded about right. View attachment 512614
You might have something there.

I can't understand why he went in the wrong direction. Even without a map, I'd think the direction of the sun and the terrain heading towards the ocean, with the higher peaks to the east, all would have told him to go south to get back.

Instead he appears to have turned towards the north.

The cctv image which Jay's family have shared and which is in the Manchester Evening News does seem to show a lad wearing similar clothes to those Jay was last known to be wearing and the hair style seems similar. The person also seems to be walking quickly from the angle of the legs. This cctv image needs to be investigated and the person traced so as either to be ruled out or be further investigated as a possible later sighting of Jay. Appeals from police would be going out to identify this person now if this was in the UK.
Link?

A lot of questions around the 2 men and their ages again. As someone else posted earlier - Lucy (I think?) referred to them again as ‘the 2 boys’ when she suggested that English police speak to them. It doesn’t sound like they are 30/40 to me, as suggested by the local lady.

I just wonder why Jay didn't go back into the air bnb when he found out there would be a bus at 10am and ask one of these 2 men to alert Lucy that he was OK and would be back on the bus. Or why didn't one of the men drive him back knowing how far it was from his accommodation. It just seems Jay didn't want to go back into that house and wanted to get away from there as quickly as possible. The reason why he may have left the road could be that he was concerned the men might come looking for him in their car.
Did he actually find out that the bus wasn't until 10? Maybe he still believed a bus was coming any minute. And wanted to walk along the road rather than sitting there, and flag it down when it came. But yeah, he had an incredible amount of energy for someone who just danced all night without sleeping. I don't understand how.. unless there were drugs he'd freshly just taken. Or fear.

Re the bus schedule

I found the photo
It is in thread 1 on page 31
Post 603

Well,
It is a route of the bus
but from Google :(

So,
it was not from the actual bus stop.
My bad!!!

But, it should be presented at each bus stop to inform the passengers.

Re the bus schedule

I found the photo
It is in thread 1 on page 31
Post 603

Well,
It is a route of the bus
but from Google :(

So,
it was not from the actual bus stop.
My bad!!!

But, it should be presented at each bus stop to inform the passengers.

To add

A bus stop on the left

I think I see a schedule

(behind a waiting passenger.
Stuck on the glass)

1719192978890.png

Maybe they were being responsible. Maybe because they are older, they were trying to look after him. Rather than leaving him to wander around the dangerous steets after the rave - since all his friends had left and he may have had no idea where he was staying.

<modsnip: Unnecessary questioning of another member's opinion>

JMO
This cannot be. Because Brad's mum, in the audio note uploaded to the Facebook missing jay page, whoch she admined, described how Jay and the group spoke about him leaving with those guys and Jay promised to stay in touch while he was there.
Go and watch the video of those voice messages. It's being uploaded everywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember when he went missing but didn't follow the deatils. Found this article about him and it mentions something that all of the hikers here might be interested in:

Sands had his cellphone — it was perched on a rock beneath a tree. But most of Mt. Baldy gets no reception, and the hikers could not find a signal in the area where they found Sands’ remains. They didn’t see any evidence that Sands, who was traveling alone, had another way to summon help.

After finding the remains, Dwyer used his Garmin InReach — a $400 pocket-size satellite-messaging device — to send an SOS with their exact location to authorities. They responded in eight minutes.

I would definitely want this thing if I were a hiker/climber.

I want one and I don't hike!

"Rave

where Jay Slater partied night before going missing in Tenerife

breaks silence.

The organisers of a rave that Jay Slater attended the night before he disappeared

have released a statement on Instagram.

They expressed their devastation over his disappearance
and have offered
'practical' support to his family,
who have travelled to the island in search of him.

'Firstly,
thank you to everyone who came to our NRG event in Tenerife last weekend',

read the statement shared on Instagram.

'As you'll be aware,
among the attendees was 19-year-old Jay Slater who,
after leaving the event,
was reported missing in the north of the island on Monday.

We are grateful for the many thousands who have engaged with and shared the appeals from our own and many other channels over the days since',

the statement continued.

'Despite the widespread coverage and hard work of the local authorities and volunteers involved in the search,
at the time of posting Jay has not yet been found.

That such a devastating situation has arisen has deeply affected us all.

We have been able to give some practical support to the members of Jay's family
who have come to Tenerife
in such difficult circumstances,
and we are inspired by their resilience and determination.

Like them, and you,
we continue to hope for Jay's safe return.

The authorities in Tenerife can be contacted with any information which may be of help on local numbers...

Thanks for your support'."

Last edited:
You might have something there.

I can't understand why he went in the wrong direction. Even without a map, I'd think the direction of the sun and the terrain heading towards the ocean, with the higher peaks to the east, all would have told him to go south to get back.

Instead he appears to have turned towards the north.

I wouldn't have a clue how to read the direction of the sun. I doubt he would either.

Debbie previously told reporters there had been a possible sighting that was being investigated, of somebody who looked like missing Jay, walking past a church in the nearby village of Santiago del Teide, around 7km away from the Masca village.

This potential sighting is yet to be confirmed by the Civil Guard, however Jay's friends and family claimed they have informed police and that CCTV is now being looked into.

As they gave out printed posters to passers-by and stuck them on buildings in the area, they also shared a still image of someone who they believe matches Jay's appearance.

(still photo from video at link - it's just a shadow really)

Just a few thoughts and opinions...

The pic of the steps looks like it's Jay himself holding the cigarette with his own clothes/feet below imo. I can't imagine what position you'd be in for either one of those things to be someone else, or why/how you'd comfortably take that sort of picture.

The guys being older than Jay isn't that strange to me, if you're abroad and there are other English people there I think it's natural you might be drawn to them. I've experienced this so many times even just in London. There's an element of 'safety' in it so he might have trusted them and just felt a connection to them. Equally though, it can be weird. This is all dependant on what the guys' intentions were with Jay, but as of now we don't know that.

I think it's quite possible that if Jay had been drinking, it maybe gave him more confidence and he was sure he could find his way back pretty easily. He might even have been too embarrassed to turn around and go back and ask for help esp since the guys were older. If his phone battery was low, it's possible he wasn't looking at it too much for directions to try and save the battery, or if it died completely then he wouldn't have much chance either depending on how far into the walk he'd gotten. If he was dehydrated from drinking alcohol that night then the effects would have hit him much sooner and he could have easily just passed out from heat exhaustion and his body could be anywhere out there.

A lot of possibilities to consider and not much real info tbh.

Quoting self but can we just discuss this “outfit”. Are they shoes? He was wearing white trainers earlier in the night I get borrowing a blanket or joggers or whatever, but footwear? Is it definitely him?
First thoughts for me was weird, shoes struck me as odd also. Definitely looks like a sarong around his waist-you get things like this style at local outdoor markets.

I'm not so sure tbh. This is hardly the Australian outback. I'm quite surprised they haven't found him yet tbh which does add fuel to the fire that something more sinister may have happened.
No but 24hrs+ to wander it seems. He could have gotten pretty far and who knows how close they could already have come to finding him :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CaminMetairie