DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The men offered him a lift to the hotel
but
LATER in the day.

As was reported.
If these two much older “anonymous” men are telling the whole story.
Which I’m not sure they are.
I think the exact reason(s) why two men twice his age took 19 year old Jay back to their secluded Air B&B comes into play here.
Why did they invite him?
Why did he accept?
I don’t think they had anything directly to do with his disappearance but obviously Jay wouldn’t be missing in the wilderness if he didn’t go back with these two ‘anonymous” Brits who were both old enough to be his daddy to spend the night at their remote Air B&B.
Also, how did Lucy know who they were and how to find them/ their abode so quickly after Jay’s distress call to her?
Were there drugs/ money exchanged or even prostitution involved?
It’s just very strange and might explain a bit more about Jay’s fateful decision to take off into the wilderness on foot without water or phone power etc.
IMHO

Well one would imagine. However, back in dysfunctional reality... do you have any facts that there was a sign with the bus schedule attached to the nearby bus stop? And if so, why did the neighbour, in her own words 'stick ten fingers up' at him?

Personally if someone flashed me '10 fingers' I'd be more inclined to think 'in 10 minutes' or even some other alternate ideas not related to buses or timetables LOL
Somebody in this thread sent a photo.
I remember a green frame.

Speaking from the village of Santiago del Teide, dad Warren said: "You think, has somebody got him? Because no matter if you were drunk or whatever, you don't go off that road up there.
And there are people up there... you don't go along that road for more than 20 minutes without somebody stopping you or passing you.

"I knew right from when I went up there that he wouldn't have gone [off that road]. He isn't stupid. When I saw the police I asked them, seriously, 'would you go off that road?' and I think it woke them up a bit.

The cctv image which Jay's family have shared and which is in the Manchester Evening News does seem to show a lad wearing similar clothes to those Jay was last known to be wearing and the hair style seems similar. The person also seems to be walking quickly from the angle of the legs. This cctv image needs to be investigated and the person traced so as either to be ruled out or be further investigated as a possible later sighting of Jay. Appeals from police would be going out to identify this person now if this was in the UK.

I think the exact reason(s) why two men twice his age took 19 year old Jay back to their secluded Air B&B comes into play here.
Why did they invite him?
Why did he accept?
I don’t think they had anything directly to do with his disappearance but obviously Jay wouldn’t be missing in the wilderness if he didn’t go back with these two ‘anonymous” Brits who were both old enough to be his daddy to spend the night at their remote Air B&B.
Also, how did Lucy know who they were and how to find them/ their abode so quickly after Jay’s distress call to her?
It’s just very strange and might explain a bit more about Jay’s fateful decision to take off into the wilderness on foot without water or phone power etc.
IMHO

This is a job for Police to answer these questions.

I trust LE in Spain.
They are professionals after all.
Spain is EU country.

Why did they invite him?
Why did he accept?
IMHO
Maybe they were being responsible. Maybe because they are older, they were trying to look after him. Rather than leaving him to wander around the dangerous steets after the rave - since all his friends had left and he may have had no idea where he was staying.

<modsnip: Unnecessary questioning of another member's opinion>

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow thanks for the info. Then it becomes more baffling as to why he didn't stay at the bus stop.

IF and I'm not saying JS had been taking substances over the course of the festival, one should consider the effects of substances and more importantly the comedown and how that effects mood and decision making processes. IF this was the case we can't really apply logic or rationality as to why JS chose not to wait for the bus.

JMO

Last edited:
Maybe they were being responsible. Maybe because they are older, they were trying to look after him. Rather than leaving him to wander around the dangerous steets after the rave - since all his friends had left and he may have had no idea where he was staying.

JMO

I can see it both ways; that they were sort of left with him at the end of the night and didn’t feel it right to leave him trying to get back to his accommodation alone. But in that case why not take his phone and ring his friends to help?

It doesn’t help someone drunk to take them so far away from where they’re staying? But however his state, he was seemingly able to smoke and take and post photos (if deffo him) so he was hardly passed out drunk, therefore surely not needing the help in the first place? I’m going round in circles it’s so confusing.

I think it’s normal to question what they gained by taking him with them, and what they might have had in common. Doesn’t mean they committed a crime. jmo

The men offered him a lift to the hotel
but
LATER in the day.

As was reported.

On their way back to Tenerife South airport, presumably, as they were meant to be flying home that day. Still can’t get my head round their accommodation location; it’s just not logical for a weekend festival break.

Attachments

• IMG_5719.jpeg
    IMG_5719.jpeg
    117.1 KB · Views: 14
On their way back to Tenerife South airport, presumably, as they were meant to be flying home that day. Still can’t get my head round their accommodation location; it’s just not logical for a weekend festival break.

Maybe there was only this desolate accommodation available during this rave festival?

Masses of fans descended on the Island to take part in it.

And it was cheap.

Last edited:
I've been to Tenerife a few times and in fact I'm back this weekend with the intention of hiking in the very area Jay has disappeared. However I'll admit to not being entirely clued up on the area despite being an experienced walker/climber. I am surprised though that with the level of media attention, drones, fire brigade, dogs and experienced search crews that the lad hasn't been found. The area is vast yet but by no means out of the reach of the resources that have been given to the operation.
I really doubt he got lost on a trail. It just makes no sense that knowing the road south would get him back to where he came from that he would leave that road and go off on wild terrain. I think his dad made the same point. I could see someone turning on a wrong road but not leaving the road. He was there to party, not hike or mountain climb and wasn't even familiar with the area. If he did leave the road, I don't see that he would have made it very far. Anyway, have fun and be careful when you go hiking. Read some reviews and take the advice:

Maybe there was only this desolate accommodation available during this rave festival?

Masses of fans descended on the Islands to take part in it.

Yeah possible, I’d be very surprised if there weren’t any other hotels available in the main resorts or even near the airport, though. No way of checking now! Hoping they do a Daily Mail sad face article and at least clarify re the blanket / curtains / harem pants.

I can see it both ways; that they were sort of left with him at the end of the night and didn’t feel it right to leave him trying to get back to his accommodation alone. But in that case why not take his phone and ring his friends to help?

It doesn’t help someone drunk to take them so far away from where they’re staying? But however his state, he was seemingly able to smoke and take and post photos (if deffo him) so he was hardly passed out drunk, therefore surely not needing the help in the first place? I’m going round in circles it’s so confusing.

I think it’s normal to question what they gained by taking him with them, and what they might have had in common. Doesn’t mean they committed a crime. jmo
IMO, they didn't want to take any trouble over searching for where to take him. Just take him along was the easiest option, let him sleep it off, crash at their place.

I used to live near the bars and sometimes had very young drunks continually knocking on my door after closing (believing it was where they were staying). If they were men I'd (female) call the cops, but twice they were women, and rather than let them wander blind drunk and ill-dressed around town, or send them to the drunk tank, or try to get any sense out of them about where they belonged, I'd let them in, pull down the couch and they'd literally pass out.

JMO

ETA I lived in a resort area, these were very young women come there to work or visit, not old experienced alcoholics.

Yeah possible, I’d be very surprised if there weren’t any other hotels available in the main resorts or even near the airport, though. No way of checking now! Hoping they do a Daily Mail sad face article and at least clarify re the blanket / curtains / harem pants.
Maybe it was the cheapest option available.

JMO

The photo and the actual steps

Really helpful to see these two pictures side by side.

I think the person with the cigarette (presumably Jay) was leaning over the parapet of the sun terrace above the door.

The person (or people) dressed/wrapped/covered in the orange thing is/are standing or sitting on the steps.

It explains the different proportions (large hand compared with petite feet imo).

So perhaps there was someone else at that house as well as Jay and the two men he supposedly went there with - perhaps someone female.

JMOO

ETA pics

Attachments

• Jay Slater airbnb 1.jpeg
    Jay Slater airbnb 1.jpeg
    70.6 KB · Views: 94
  • Jay Slater airbnb 2.jpeg
    Jay Slater airbnb 2.jpeg
    105.7 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Not sure the age difference is that strange. Its not rare on holiday, festivals, football etc for age groups to mix.

Being from the same place / speaking the same language is something in common! Given his profession you would imagine he is around this age range on a day to day basis.

JMO
They took him from civilization to the wilderness with his obvious consent.
Jay just likely wasn’t thinking clearly or he went there - a long drive away- for a specific intent.
I would like to know what that intent was and those two older men and Lucy and others likely know exactly why he went.

There is a lot that is known that’s not being revealed.

They could have dropped him somewhere safe in town if they were worried about him and trying to take care of him- they didn’t need to drive him 45 minutes away.
Also, nobody wants to drive an obviously overserved person needing care 45 minutes away on winding roads as he could well throw up all over your rented car. Thats just dumb.

Why think that this was a regular thing?

They were twice his age - and two of them driving a rented car, staying at a very reasonable accommodation very far away.
IMHO it makes it odd.

If it was one guy or if they were closer the Jay’s age it would make more sense to me.
If their accommodation was close to the Papagayo night club where they were partying it would make more sense.

<modsnip>

Well one would imagine. However, back in dysfunctional reality... do you have any facts that there was a sign with the bus schedule attached to the nearby bus stop? And if so, why did the neighbour, in her own words 'stick ten fingers up' at him?

Personally if someone flashed me '10 fingers' I'd be more inclined to think 'in 10 minutes' or even some other alternate ideas not related to buses or timetables LOL
I can see both sides of 10 minutes or 10:00

Some basic fumbling of language or using a watch face or a drawing a watch dial can clarify the issue, or pointing towards the posted bus schedule could have been done.

I'm reading the guys who have him the rids offered to drive him back to his hotel, but later. He could have had some coffee and something for breakfast and gotten his head together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member