Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The photo on the steps is odd as it appears to have 3 'feet' in it; one above the word Parque, one above Rural and one under the hand.

Also, the material looks more like the harem trousers someone suggested, because there's a gap just below the word 'del'; it appears to be the grey of the concrete and, at the top, a bit of the stonework on the steps. It's a weird way for heavy material like a blanket or curtain to drape, wrapped round someone.

Don't know why I'm discussing this in detail, but all the posting to social media wouldn't have helped with phone battery life even before/if he used an app to find a route out of the village.

He also pledged to "track down" the two men, believed to be British, with whom Jay reportedly stayed in the Airbnb rental the night before he disappeared. Offering his services to the family for free, he claimed to have already made contact with them.

"I would quickly be able to do establish whether or not there are suspicious circumstances - but I'd need total access to everything and to speak to all the witnesses involved," he declared.

"Having feet on the ground and looking at the scenario and circumstances, I know I will get to the bottom of this in three days.

Debbie told the PA news agency she has “not slept” since the 19-year-old disappeared.

She said she did not know whether the Spanish authorities turning down an offer of help from the UK was because they viewed it as “an insult”.

Does anyone think that Jay was so drunk/intoxicated when he got in the car with the two men at 5am (I think that was the time stated), that he didn’t realise the distance they were going? Could he have thought it was more local to where they were or could he have thought they would drop him off where he was staying? <modsnip - no source> Is it possible that when they arrived there, he didn’t want to be there and had possibly been sleeping in the car on the way? Does anyone know if the owners live nearby their holiday let?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's more like Peru. You fall and it could be hundreds of feet. The whole area up there is all switchback roads. I can't see anyone who isn't there to hike or mountain climb going off the road but anything is possible.
I've been to Tenerife a few times and in fact I'm back this weekend with the intention of hiking in the very area Jay has disappeared. However I'll admit to not being entirely clued up on the area despite being an experienced walker/climber. I am surprised though that with the level of media attention, drones, fire brigade, dogs and experienced search crews that the lad hasn't been found. The area is vast yet but by no means out of the reach of the resources that have been given to the operation.

I've only just really thought how strange it is to go uphill, why would you do that? And it was light he would of seen
what the surrounding area is like. And the higher you go up , the colder it gets.

I hope this boy wasn’t pranked by his friends, a prank that went wrong. I am not sure why this thought came to my mind, but when I read your comment it made me think that.

I wonder whether he started by following directions on his phone on how to walk back?

The map function might send him uphill onto a trail.

Also, I've no idea what he'd have seen if he looked around in the village, but perhaps (as is true of many lost people) he thought he'd get a better view higher up of where he was, where the resort was, etc.

All this is assuming he was feeling extremely confused and lost, and was looking for clarity.

For eg, he might have been fearful of catching the wrong bus and going the wrong way.

Also, wouldn't people have been speaking Spanish to him? Or were they automatically speaking English? He might have been even more confused by the language and accents.

JMO
The thing with the maps and the times is we can’t have it both ways- he was either on car mode and thought it was a short distance and it would direct him via road, or he put in walking and got the longer distance ( but it still directs you by road at that point.)- the reality is he didn’t put it in maps as otherwise he would have sent a screenshot of that to Lucy and it would have had markings showing a route.

The ravine where search workers are focusing on. Picture: The Sun

Locals and experts have warned of the treacherous conditions in the area – where the air is “thin”, temperatures change rapidly and the mountains drop sharply to the water below

Jay’s mum Debbie today slammed the investigation into her son’s disappearance for not allowing British cops to contribute.

She added: “All I know is that I am going to stay here for as long as it takes, I’m not going home unless it’s with Jay. I’m not going anywhere until they find him.”

The photo on the steps is odd as it appears to have 3 'feet' in it; one above the word Parque, one above Rural and one under the hand.

Also, the material looks more like the harem trousers someone suggested, because there's a gap just below the word 'del'; it appears to be the grey of the concrete and, at the top, a bit of the stonework on the steps. It's a weird way for heavy material like a blanket or curtain to drape, wrapped round someone.

Don't know why I'm discussing this in detail, but all the posting to social media wouldn't have helped with phone battery life even before/if he used an app to find a route out of the village.
I thought that with pic on the steps too!
If you turn it upside down though it looks like a dogs nose!
That might be eyesight however

*thanks for bringing this up. posting for reference:
View attachment 512538
Is there a balcony where that picture was taken? It kind of looks like smoking over a rail or window.

Shoes on the top step outside a door & towel / blanket / curtain hanging.

Rescuers search for Jay in the areas he attempt to walk back to his accommodation

Rescuers search for Jay in the areas he attempt to walk back to his accommodation

Jay's mother, Debbie Duncan, who is also on the island, said she "has not slept" since her son disappeared. She added: "I'm not coping very well at all. I've not slept, I'm exhausted. It's been awful. I can't give up on him, I just can't."
*of course she can't give up on her son. I'm really starting to feel her pain and frustration coming out. Grrr. Sorry but I'm aggravated at Spanish authorities. Pride getting in the way? Or protection? Or territorial?

To me, the two rounded closed toe cap looks like something similar to an 'Ugg' style boot and it looks to be at least three feet! The third looking foot to middle right could be a different footwear as can only see the tip.

If I had no context and had to guess, I'd say it looks like two people, probably women, sitting on a doorstep with a blankie thrown over their knees. Although the hand with cigarette and lighter definitely looks more masculine. Did he take this pic leaning over some other people or one other person ? JMO MOO

To me, the two rounded closed toe cap looks like something similar to an 'Ugg' style boot and it looks to be at least three feet! The third looking foot to middle right could be a different footwear as can only see the tip.

If I had no context and had to guess, I'd say it looks like two people, probably women, sitting on a doorstep with a blankie thrown over their knees. Although the hand with cigarette and lighter definitely looks more masculine. Did he take this pic leaning over some other people or one other person ? JMO MOO
I wonder if someone can use software to remove the writing from the picture? I thought there was a gap between the legs and it was the step visible, but it’s hard to tell as the writing confuses the clarity.

Jay's mother, Debbie Duncan, who is also on the island, said she "has not slept" since her son disappeared. She added: "I'm not coping very well at all. I've not slept, I'm exhausted. It's been awful. I can't give up on him, I just can't."
*of course she can't give up on her son. I'm really starting to feel her pain and frustration coming out. Grrr. Sorry but I'm aggravated at Spanish authorities. Pride getting in the way? Or protection? Or territorial?
Crikey that does not look like a place I'd want to walk or drive! I can see why it could be difficult to find someone injured or worse in that terrain

Crikey that does not look like a place I'd want to walk or drive! I can see why it could be difficult to find someone injured or worse in that terrain

It seems hopeless to find someone there.

The area is massive!
The bushes so thick.
Plus the cacti.

It reminds me of searching for little Emile in France.
It was a hiker who eventually found his little skull in the middle of the road :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member