• IMG_5716.jpeg
    IMG_5716.jpeg
    70.6 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_5715.jpeg
    IMG_5715.jpeg
    105.7 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Jay Slater remains missing

New information has now come to light about the two men he was with on Sunday night, as images surface of the rental property, Casa Abuela Tina, where he is believed to have been, the Manchester Evening News reports. A woman identified only as Araceli, who works in the business next to the rental property, stated: "I never saw the missing boy, but I know people saw him walking on his own. I saw the two British men who stayed here."

"They came in for cafe con leche a couple of times. One was aged about 40. The other one was slightly younger.", reports the Manchester Evening News.

She added: "The police have spoken to them both. They arrived on Saturday and we're due to stay until Monday, but they left on Tuesday." When asked if they had to remain to be interviewed by the police, she responded: "I don't know".

The property, advertised online as a holiday home, is believed to have been rented by the two men accompanying Jay on the night prior to his disappearance. It's understood they checked out and returned to Britain yesterday.

Before he went missing, Jay shared a photo of himself, cigarette in hand, standing on the steps of the property. Lucy Mae Law, a friend of Jay's, raised the alarm after receiving a call from him around 8am on Monday.
Missing Jay Slater partied with two men in Tenerife before disappearance

So I have just had another look at the picture the feet are in the doorway (not on the steps outside)- one of the news reports commented that door had 2 1/2 steps and pointed out how the lowest step was a half step which made me remember what he was saying- so the feet are in the doorway looking out

Hey I have been thinking of logical reasons why Jay was in his last location, I thought maybe he could've accidentally put Los Carrizales instead of Los Cristianos in the maps as it may have come up before Los Cristianos as it would've been closer. Maybe he was drunk enough that he didn't read it right? And saw a 1hr 22min walk and thought it sounded about right. 1719181283967.png

I wonder if the two men had rented the holiday let before. It seems a short period of time arriving Saturday and their intended checking out on Monday. I wonder if there is any footage of them in the club? I read that the Police had been called to an incident at the club but there was no suggestion that JS was involved but I do wonder if there is more information on this.

When was this Snapchat photo taken? After he had left the house presumably? Was it at the time he rang Lucy?
You mean of the cigararette? That was, allegedly, before he left the house. This from the Sun:

7.30am - Jay posts a Snapchat of a hand holding a cigarette in the area where the accommodation was - near the rural de Teno Park on the north of the island

8.30am - Jay calls his friend Lucy Law and tells her he missed a bus, had one per cent of battery left on his phone and was stuck in the “middle of nowhere”

Who knows if that's accurate because I distinctly remember the mention of 8:50 being the time Jay called Lucy ("I need a drink; cut my leg on a cactus; middle of nowhere").

How is it he'd just left the house and was so thirsty? He could have had water at the house. When he said he needed a drink was he talking about water or booze? In this span of time, he also (allegedly) missed a bus (bus stop right in front of the house) and still had the opportunity to go back inside for a drink of water. He was also seen walking up the road by the rental owner's sister. So, according to this timeline, in one hour, he went out on the step, smoked a cig, stood at the bus stop, walked up the road and phoned Lucy needing a drink.

Did the video released today of Jay undressed, in his final hours in the club, make anyone else question again, the intent of the guys he went with?

Then again, there is a video circulating in the missing jay Facebook group of a screen recording with Jay's friend's mum speaking and she states they all knew the guys he went back with..
I think that crossed a lot of peoples' minds because the guys were said to be a lot older. I don't think being without his shirt, at the rave, means much other than he was hot. Here's another pic of him with his shirt (different from that night) hanging around his neck:

No wonder LE are trying to lock the time line down

0730 Posted Snapchat pic of hand / orange fabric / steps

???? Took advice from neighbour who stuck 10 fingers up at him

???? Left house to go get bus from adjacent bus stop

???? Walked up road, at a quick pace, spotted by same neighbour

???? Last known phone ping higher up road (in wrong direction)

0850 Rang Lucy

???? Lucy enlisted help from an American who drove her around in car

???? Lucy located house and spoke to two males who told her Jay believed the bus was coming every 10 minutes and had left much earlier

Looking at the photo of the landscape with road traversing through it and it strikes me that a current me would follow the road religiously, but a 19 year old me would have cut through sections of the terrain between the looping road to try save time and Jay may well have thought similarly, so even if he was following the road he may be discovered quite a distance from it.
Stating the obvious, but picking accommodation away from the tourist areas, hiring a car and using it to attend raves isn't typical Brits on the piss behaviour.
It's quite Possible that there wasn't a compatible phone charger at the apartment, but there will have been bottled water, probably as much as Jay was prepared to carry, he made some sort of decision on the amount to take with him based on his expectation of the journey back, but a short time later he'd already ran low, bottled water is very cumbersome to carry by hand, but didn't I read that he had a man bag with him?

I just wonder why Jay didn't go back into the air bnb when he found out there would be a bus at 10am and ask one of these 2 men to alert Lucy that he was OK and would be back on the bus. Or why didn't one of the men drive him back knowing how far it was from his accommodation. It just seems Jay didn't want to go back into that house and wanted to get away from there as quickly as possible. The reason why he may have left the road could be that he was concerned the men might come looking for him in their car.

I just wonder why Jay didn't go back into the air bnb when he found out there would be a bus at 10am and ask one of these 2 men to alert Lucy that he was OK and would be back on the bus. Or why didn't one of the men drive him back knowing how far it was from his accommodation. It just seems Jay didn't want to go back into that house and wanted to get away from there as quickly as possible. The reason why he may have left the road could be that he was concerned the men might come looking for him in their car.

The men offered him a lift to the hotel
but
LATER in the day.

As was reported.

In one report of what Lucy said, I read that all the men believed the bus came every 10 minutes after the neighbour stuck 10 fingers up. Now even in Central London the bus doesn't come every 10 minutes but who knows what people believe when they're a) under the influence; b) keen to get a bus;

In one report of what Lucy said, I read that all the men believed the bus came every 10 minutes after the neighbour stuck 10 fingers up. Now even in Central London the bus doesn't come every 10 minutes but who knows what people believe when they're a) under the influence; b) keen to get a bus;

At the bus stop
there is a framed note with hours/times of the buses and their destination.

As in every civilised country ;)

One simply has to check.

At the bus stop
there is a framed note with hours/times of the buses and their destination.

As in every civilised country ;)

One simply has to check.

Well one would imagine. However, back in dysfunctional reality... do you have any facts that there was a sign with the bus schedule attached to the nearby bus stop? And if so, why did the neighbour, in her own words 'stick ten fingers up' at him?

Personally if someone flashed me '10 fingers' I'd be more inclined to think 'in 10 minutes' or even some other alternate ideas not related to buses or timetables LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!