Found Safe WA - Seraya Aung Harmon, 2, Pullman, 29 May 2024 *father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
One thing that bothers me about NC's leaving her parents at the airport is that it seems impulsive.

If she was planning to go on the run with AA, why not do it in a way that wouldn't immediately trigger attention? Why do something that would instantly alert the authorities?

That's where I'm drawing a blank. I can't imagine them sitting around and planning how they'll run and intentionally planning for her to take off in a way that would bring her disappearance to light within a couple of hours.

That makes me think there's something else we don't yet know about here. And I don't feel good about it.

One thing that bothers me about NC's leaving her parents at the airport is that it seems impulsive.

If she was planning to go on the run with AA, why not do it in a way that wouldn't immediately trigger attention? Why do something that would instantly alert the authorities?

That's where I'm drawing a blank. I can't imagine them sitting around and planning how they'll run and intentionally planning for her to take off in a way that would bring her disappearance to light within a couple of hours.

That makes me think there's something else we don't yet know about here. And I don't feel good about it.

I agree. To me the most obvious (Occam's razor) conclusion is that this was an unplanned “emergency” situation for NC. Possibly a message from AA was so urgent that she had to go to him rather than to Italy. I would expect her to delete the message and leave immediately. For that reason, I don’t have a good feeling about this either. I hope to be wrong with all my heart.

JMO

I agree. To me the most obvious (Occam's razor) conclusion is that this was an unplanned “emergency” situation for NC. Possibly a message from AA was so urgent that she had to go to him rather than to Italy. I would expect her to delete the message and leave immediately. For that reason, I don’t have a good feeling about this either. I hope to be wrong with all my heart.

JMO
Ugh, I got a lump in my gut reading this.

I hope this case remains what it seems - impulsive immaturity and not something grim.

I want this little girl found - I check on this thread all the time hoping someone posted "Found!"

jmo

JMO

This is the detail that bothers me as well and gives me pause on the whole situation. I too hope they are all alive and safe, but my bad juju hairs are standing up. All because of how she left the airport.

Perhaps NC thought that her parents would go ahead and board the plane, and then having spent all that money, travel on ahead, giving her three weeks to get away. No matter how we look at it, it was a horrible plan. Scaring her parents, jeopardizing travel for a full planeload, drawing LE resources to find her.

That's thinking might highly of herself.

JMO

Perhaps NC thought that her parents would go ahead and board the plane, and then having spent all that money, travel on ahead, giving her three weeks to get away. No matter how we look at it, it was a horrible plan. Scaring her parents, jeopardizing travel for a full planeload, drawing LE resources to find her.

JMO
I hope it was poor planning, I wish I was confident it was poor planning but praying it was poor planning and all are safe.

To me it would seem too coincidental that the day AA chooses to take off just so happens to be the same day NC is set to fly out. I think these two things were coordinated very deliberately.

I’ve been wondering if l they chose that day because NC would already be at the airport . . . maybe they planned to meet there and fly somewhere together. Then something fell apart, and they had to resort to a hasty plan B instead.

To me it would seem too coincidental that the day AA chooses to take off just so happens to be the same day NC is set to fly out. I think these two things were coordinated very deliberately.

I’ve been wondering if l they chose that day because NC would already be at the airport . . . maybe they planned to meet there and fly somewhere together. Then something fell apart, and they had to resort to a hasty plan B instead.

Do we know when the shared custody agreement was settled? And what it was? Week on, week off? Flexible and by request? Planned out or not?

Do we know when AA scheduled his time for "Montana"?

It looks like they may have chosen THEN because AA would have five days to get all the way gone and NC would have time to. On paper, I think she thought her parents would carry on, think she missed the flight and figure she'd get on the next one.

Maybe in the original plan, she was going to call them and say oopsies, I'll just stay home, which would give her a three week buffer.

I really don't care what happened or how it happened though. I just need Seraya to be safe.

JMO

JMO
I do agree with your first bit.
Something must have happened to change the plans.
Unfortunately, we cannot dismiss your final thoughts either
Moo

JMO
We do have to consider this thought too.

I agree. I can see Aaron and the parents sitting around the kitchen table planning the getaway. Totally believe it was planned. But I can't quite figure out how NC's airport stunt figured into those plans. Seems really really stupid.

I agree. I can see Aaron and the parents sitting around the kitchen table planning the getaway. Totally believe it was planned. But I can't quite figure out how NC's airport stunt figured into those plans. Seems really really stupid.
I'm on the fence about NC stunt being planned,because it bugs me her luggage was left behind ,if it was planned she wouldn't leave her luggage. Jmoo

Well, the Aung family testified to her great moral character, how she was suited to mothering Seraya and how she had been (I noticed the change of tense) on track to be a lawyer.... but... I think NC is a tad full of herself and didn't consider what parental love looks like, and that her parents would drop everything to find her, not unlike Seraya's mommy. I think she was so busy airbrushibg Seraya's mom out of the picture, she forgot that love involves way more than fantasy.

JMO

Do you suppose AA notified her of his plan to disappear with Seraya when NC was at the airport and she said “Wait! I’m coming too!”

Given that Nadia was last seen at University and 3rd, walking towards the waterfront, I can’t help but feel like she really could have gone anywhere once she got off of the light rail. There are bus stops located around there and parking garages as well. There are also surface lots down towards to the water and if I recall correctly, the ferries are nearby as well. It makes for a great area to meet up for those taking public transportation. If burner phones were not involved, maybe they both just planned in advance to meet up at certain time in nearby parking garage where Aaron’s family stashed a vehicle, disguises and other supplies for them. Or maybe someone in his family picked them up and took them somewhere? I have no idea, just spitballing here…
Great insight Tired Professor…… and I also hope that LE are looking at every car rental agency and location nearby and around family and friends locations. And let’s hope that authorities have at least one good lead on a cell phone, computer, and / or burner phone. This is IMO much too preplanned to have been entirely a spur of the moment thing. And hard to think that both AA and NC weren’t heavily involved and aware of it IMO. And unlikely all tracks are well covered. Not entirely anyway. MOO

Do we know when the shared custody agreement was settled? And what it was? Week on, week off? Flexible and by request? Planned out or not?

Do we know when AA scheduled his time for "Montana"?

It looks like they may have chosen THEN because AA would have five days to get all the way gone and NC would have time to. On paper, I think she thought her parents would carry on, think she missed the flight and figure she'd get on the next one.

Maybe in the original plan, she was going to call them and say oopsies, I'll just stay home, which would give her a three week buffer.

I really don't care what happened or how it happened though. I just need Seraya to be safe.

JMO
The case was opened, filed by AA in February last year, and closed in September after both parties stipulated to a mediation hearing (essentially, agreed without needing the hearing).
All of that info is available here: Smart Search - iCourt Portal - Online records & payments for the Idaho courts

The details of days of custody, etc., are not available to the public.

I'm on the fence about NC stunt being planned,because it bugs me her luggage was left behind ,if it was planned she wouldn't leave her luggage. Jmoo
Having packing luggage (at least the carry-on) would make sense as a back-up plan. What if she couldn't run away from her parents - then she would've had to board the plane and would've needed her luggage on the trip.

jmo

I think even if it was planned she knew her parents would have her luggage. Chances are she had a different bag packed with Aaron. However I am not sold on any of this being planned. I feel like something bad happened and the Aungs are in protective mode and NC rushed out in fear and trying to stop a bad situation. JMO

Where is the NC family home? In Seattle or somewhere near WSU where she just graduated? Just wondering if the parents had to travel a ways to get to the airport or if they live close in or close to Seattle. I don’t know why or that it matters but maybe their proximity had somehow figured into AA and NC plan (if there was one). Moo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back