VERDICT WATCH MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@TedDanielnews

Good morning from inside courtroom in the Commonwealth vs. Read.
We have reached closing arguments.
Alan Jackson is expected to go first followed by ADA Adam Lally.

-Some witnesses are in the courtroom today including Brian Albert, Colin Albert, and Jennifer McCabe. They all previously testified for the Commonwealth.

-Read is charged with 2nd degree murder, manslaughter OUI, and leaving the scene of a fatal.

-I'm still waiting to hear the instructions on what lesser included charges are available

-2 more media spaces were added to bring the number to 12

#Boston25
is here for the duration

9:06 AM · Jun 25, 2024

I know this is a very inopportune time to ask this, but, where did they find all the taillight pieces in the A’s front yard. On or in the snow? Kerry Roberts testified that when the paramedics moved JOK there was grass underneath him. I listened to part of her testimony yesterday and that stuck out to me. If his arm was cut up from the tailight pieces (at least partly) at the time he was supposedly struck then wouldn’t the tailight pieces be on the grass? I thought they eventually “discovered” them later on the snow. Not buried underneath the snow. Moo and tia!

@SueNBCBoston

Very somber, heavy feeling as we wait for the start of court.
Jurors haven’t entered yet.
Many mornings there’s a lot of chatter, on both sides but mostly among Karen, her team, and her supporters.
Not today.

Kerry Roberts is here too.

The crowd outside the courthouse appears larger than ever.
Talked to a couple of teachers yesterday who were able to attend because their school year ended.

I see only one bit of pink, a tie, in the Read spectator benches.

@BienickWCVB

The crowd outside the courthouse is bigger than it has been throughout the trial. Plenty of Read supporters but also some new people. I met a woman who came with her son because he's been following the case.

O'Keefe's family begins to enter the courtroom. His brother Paul and his mother are among them. Also with the O'Keefe's: Colin Albert, Jen McCabe and Brian Albert. One woman with the O'Keefe's is crying and handing out tissues.
That is for sure a strategy. Facing right at the jurors.

@BienickWCVB

The court staff has allowed 12 media representatives into the courtroom today, instead of the 10 allowed until now. We're even more crowded. One court officer has reminded us to make way for the judge when she enters.

Reminder: The jury started out with 17 members. Two jurors were excused during testimony for what the judge called "personal" reasons. The current jury includes nine women and six men.

With the planting of the Albert and McCabe families up front and center, it makes me wonder if Lally is planning on defending them ( again ) instead of pursuing Karen Read during his closing. WHY do they have to be at the center of everything???
all I can say is them there just reminds the jury of two of the players that got on the stand and lied to them. I do think this was done for a reason.

@BienickWCVB

The judge enters the courtroom and tells the lawyers she needs to see them at the bench for a sidebar. The courtroom camera is now turned on. Read is looking at the lawyers.

1719321988984.png

One of the jurors has just been brought into the courtroom. She enters with her hands on her hips and walks up to the bench. The judge is speaking with her.

This is one of the jurors that was previously questioned by the judge prior to another juror being dismissed. She's standing with her arms crossed.

The juror just shrugged her shoulders as the judge said something to her. Now she steps away from the bench. The judge and the lawyers are talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member