VERDICT WATCH MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@BienickWCVB

The juror has a detemined look on her face. She's standing with her arms crossed and her back against the wall as the judge and the lawyers talk. One of the court officers just led her out of the courtroom.

The judge leaves the courtroom. The lawyers return to their tables. Read and her attorneys are standing in a huddle. ADA Lally is sitting at the table reviewing notes.
Is this unusual? (I'm new to this)

@KristinaRex

Breaking -- Jen McCabe, Colin Albert, Kerry Roberts, and Brian Albert are all here sitting with the O'Keefe family for closing arguments.

I don't know whose decision this was but I think this is absolutely shameful. But not in the least bit surprising.

In the absence of scientific evidence which matches JO'K's injuries to damage on KR's car (instead it proves that it is impossible) they have opted to manipulate the jury by placing these people among JO'K's relatives as if to say that if you vote NG you are going against this grieving family's wishes.

JMO

@JHall7news

Good morning from Norfolk Superior Ct in Dedham. I'm in place in courtroom 25, ready for closing arguments in the #karenread You can see ir live on @7News - they should begin shortly after 9 am. The defense will go first with Alan Jackson getting an hour.

Jackson told me yesterday you will see a "motor mouth" act so he can get all of his comments in. He will use some visuals for the jury including photos of Karen Read's black Lexus, and the damage to the tail light.

View attachment 513044

Prosecutor Adam Lally will get the final say. He will also have 60 minutes for his closing. The Commonwealth also plans to use photos during this argument and a timeline of events in the days leading up to Jan 28-29 2022.

Then Judge Cannone will give the panel its instructions. There are 15 jurors (we started with 17, two women were dismissed from the panel.) 12 will be deliberating jurors. The judge already selected a jury foreperson at the start of this trial.

The jury does not yet know which 11 others will be deliberating - The jury will be chosen during the jury instructions, Cannone indicated yesterday. There are 9 women and six men on the jury. I expect deliberations to begin around 1.

They must find whether the state has proven three criminal charges beyond a reasonable doubt. The first is second degree murder. The second is manslaughter while drunk driving. The third is leaving the scene of a MV crash after serious injury or death.

sorry for typos!
I’ve never seen a trial where the judge picks the foreperson but I’ve learned it happens sometimes. In this case, and I’m just going to say it… in my opinion judge C <modsnip - name variations> is clearly bias towards the cw… so she’ll pick a foreperson who she has observed favoring the cw, I would think. Or, what’s her criteria I wonder. Someone she’s observed paying attention (and accepting of cw’s preposterous theory). How’s that fair? Totally MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Soun to me like another juror is getting axed.

This has been the most visibly and obviously NG juror according to news accounts in courtroom assessing juror reactions to testimony.
wonder if jurors are reporting other jurors and on what basis. I don't wanna believe that someone in the know outside the jury is keeping notes on them and reporting to cw or judge accordingly and on no real or viable grounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper