VERDICT WATCH MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@BienickWCVB

The juror who was questioned this morning has been one of the most visibly engaged with the testimony. She often seemed to be actively listening and at times biting her nails throughout the trial.

The judge re-enters the courtroom and calls the attorneys to the bench again.

During the recess, the court clerk told us that the judge will chose a foreperson (if they're willing) before the other 11 jurors are randomly selected.

I’ve never seen a trial where the judge picks the foreperson but I’ve learned it happens sometimes. In this case, and I’m just going to say it… in my opinion judge C <modsnip - name variations aren't allowed> is clearly bias towards the cw… so she’ll pick a foreperson who she has observed favoring the cw, I would think. Or, what’s her criteria I wonder. Someone she’s observed paying attention (and accepting of cw’s preposterous theory). How’s that fair? Totally MOO
agreed, overall I've come to the conclusion judge is bias. at first I thought she just wasn't a very good judge and a bit slack but not anymore. it's sad to feel this way.

Last edited by a moderator:
@SueNBCBoston

In case you’re just joining, I did make it into the courtroom.
The court expanded the press pool number to 12 from 10.
It’s tight, but as long as we keep the judge’s path clear we can stay at 12.
How we get in, and how we line up is still in flux.

Judge had entered.
Back to the sidebar.

@JHall7news

Judge Cannone has just entered the courtroom and is speaking to the lawyers privately at sidebar.

The juror they are discussing is one of the women questioned by the judge when she previously dismissed a juror. I'm told this situation - whatever it is - is unrelated to that one.

@KristinaRex

A reminder: there will be closings. Then there will be jury instructions. THEN, the judge will pick a foreperson out of the 15. Then the remaining deliberating jurors (likely 11 + foreperson total) would be chosen at RANDOM by clerk. The rest are alternates.

9:53 AM · Jun 25, 2024

Clear JO's family wants Brian Albert et al sitting there. Frankly surprised that they are still speaking thru all of this...there has to be times when JO's family is thinking that it is possible that he was beat up in the house.

@SueNBCBoston

Camera has been moved to the fan.
I expect a juror, or the juror to come back in.

The same juror returns.

Judge Cannone isn’t speaking to her, counsel remains.
The juror stands with her hands on her hips.

The juror leaves.
Sidebar continues.
Yannetti is saying something that makes the judge laugh.

The judge returns to her chamber.
We are in recess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members