VERDICT WATCH MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
that is flat out silly.
simply ridiculous right? what in God's name does it have to do with evidence of murder when there is an alternate and reasonable explanation; she simply didn't bother cos looking for missing bf and panic? Seriously. it's like an alternative reality, him thinking that was worthy of inclusion in closing argument or anywhere in his case actually.

Ah what do I do? My nation’s football* team has an important match against Slovenia which starts in two hours, but if I watch it I might miss the verdict!

* the type of football where the ball is played mainly with the player’s feet :cool:
I can relate. Have something in a few, but it's flexible, however, tomorrow afternoon I will be out of commission. Oh, no what to do. I'm already obligated to prior commitment. So will probably miss the verdict live, in real time. Oh, well. :)

@BienickWCVB

Vehicular manslaughter includes a lesser charge of involuntarily manslaughter 1/ caused death 2/ intended conduct that caused death (for this they may consider alcohol level) 3/ wanton or reckless conduct (more than negligence).

Vehicular manslaughter while OUI includes the lesser charge of motor vehicular homicide 1/ operated motor vehicle 2/ drove on public roads 3/ was under the influence 4/ operated in negligent manner 5 / caused death. (Note negligent vs reckless).

simply ridiculous right? what in God's name does it have to do with evidence of murder when there is an alternate and reasonable explanation; she simply didn't bother cos looking for missing bf and panic? Seriously. it's like an alternative reality, him thinking that was worthy of inclusion in closing argument or anywhere in his case actually.
A continuation of how things went during the trial. He can eat up more time talking about nothing than anyone I've ever listened to! It frankly gets on my nerves so much, I frequently had to mute him.

@BienickWCVB

Vehicular manslaughter includes a lesser charge of involuntarily manslaughter 1/ caused death 2/ intended conduct that caused death (for this they may consider alcohol level) 3/ wanton or reckless conduct (more than negligence).

Vehicular manslaughter while OUI includes the lesser charge of motor vehicular homicide 1/ operated motor vehicle 2/ drove on public roads 3/ was under the influence 4/ operated in negligent manner 5 / caused death. (Note negligent vs reckless).
What is the “ O “ in OUI?

He would not stop fidgeting and jutting his neck in different directions during defense closing. He was also rolling his eyes. It was incredibly distracting.
I couldn't take my eyes off of him. His discomfort having to sit through what sounds like an extremely accurate and damning description of what went on at his house that night must be mammoth. I hope that he experiences more consequences than just discomfort,though...

Judge explains second-degree murder: 1/ defendant caused a death 2/ intended to do so, intended to serious harm, or did something that a reasonable person would know created strong likelihood of death. (This is more than negligence.)

Vehicular manslaughter while under the influence: 1/ operated motor vehicle 2/ drove on public roads 3/ under the influence of alcohol with BAC of 0.08% or greater 4 / drove wantonly or recklessly 5/ caused death.

Leaving scene of accident resulting in death 1/ operated motor vehicle 2/ drove on public roads 3/ knowingly collided with victim 4/ caused injury 5 / failed to stop 6 / sought to avoid prosecution.

@BienickWCVB

I can relate. Have something in a few, but it's flexible, however, tomorrow afternoon I will be out of commission. Oh, no what to do. I'm already obligated to prior commitment. So will probably miss the verdict live, in real time. Oh, well. :)

we still call it soccer in my parts

eta footie is spelt footy?
From my Welsh friend, how she refers to it and don't go by MY spelling of it ;) She is in Cardiff by the big place they play, wild times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak