Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe another lucrative documentary in the making for the celebrity TV copper. I'm waiting in earnest for the usual camera shot, pensive, looking out to sea gaze.
Has he ever solved a crime? :rolleyes:
nope..

"Internet sleuths fly to Tenerife

to join Jay Slater hunt:

TikTokers film themselves trekking through mountain scrubland

looking for 19-year-old -

as wild conspiracy theories spread

in chilling echo of Nicola Bulley case."

:oops:

1719346278938.png

to join Jay Slater hunt:

View attachment 513175

Was Dog the Bounty Hunter too busy?

to join Jay Slater hunt:

View attachment 513175

Pray the Civil Guard doesn’t have to find them too when they get lost.

to join Jay Slater hunt:

View attachment 513175

I have an issue with these people who go somewhere a crime has happened and muddy the investigative waters and possibly hinder a case forever, or in this case possibly end up getting lost and injured as well. Just for attention and likes on social media...eye roll.

to join Jay Slater hunt:

View attachment 513175

Can they really be called internet sleuths if they need to fly there to help out?

Us, on the other hand, now we've got a very particular set of skills... ;)

The only members of the public who are useful at this stage are experienced hikers or SAR, or those skilled with decent drones.

Teenagers in flip flops are more likely to create extra problems.
I couldn’t agree more.

I’ve seen quite a lot of his friends heading out there to help in the search.. I get they are trying to help but the reality is they will just be getting in the way.

The only members of the public who are useful at this stage are experienced hikers or SAR, or those skilled with decent drones.

Teenagers in flip flops are more likely to create extra problems.

Certainly true if they intend to apply some of the ludicrous suggestions that have been raised online, such as throwing water bottles down the ravines in case Jay is down there!

Pray the Civil Guard doesn’t have to find them too when they get lost.
The one on the right has been going out with the SAR all week, and was supposed to be doing a sponsored walk around Scotland to raise funds for Scottish mountain rescue- but has postponed it to fly out. he is a very experienced hiker. He was interviewed by sky news yesterday. The one on the left Andrew Knight is the Knightsrider and has lived in Tenerife- For years and offered up cars from his rental company for searchers in the first few days- honestly these papers could do with some fact checking- links to evidence both below

This whole situation is so sad and awful for the family. Having your grief played out internationally and the social media hell - I think they will be very traumatised by it all as though losing a teenage son isn’t enough.

Any chance of him being alive at this stage are remote unfortunately. I’m sure they will find him, and I do wonder if he has fallen into a ravine sadly :(

I really hope it is him, atleast we would know he is alive, but what 19 year old kid just decides to take themselves to a place they don’t know and just come off social media and have no contact with friends and family . Where would he be staying and where would the money be coming from ? All the while just sitting quite the thing watching the football with not a worry in the world while a massive search is going on for him ? You’re right, stranger things have happened but imo I just don’t see it.
Unless he’s had some sort of mental health crisis and is like wandering around. I would doubt it but I guess being dehydrated, sleep deprived, lost, and potentially coming off the influence of whatever may have been taken during the rave could have kicked him into some weird alternate state of mind.

Fugue states do technically exist - often a major psychological trauma on a background of recurrent traumas eg childhood abuse (not remotely suggesting that’s the case here just quoting an example!) Dissociative fugue - Wikipedia

I remember working with people who mentioned they’d had a homeless man without any memories of his child hood or early adult hood or his name etc but he’d been recognised by his own twin twenty years after he’d gone missing - he always retained his ability to carve (he had been a furniture maker etc) however throughout the fugue. It was sad though as he had left a wife and two young children in Ireland when he’d disappeared who of course had long moved on.

I would tend to agree with other posters in earlier threads about Occam’s razor - go missing near a large body of water - high probability of drowning, go missing by a large arid and dangerous mountainous national park without water, high probability of death by misadventure or heat stroke.

I have been going back over what his family and Lucy said about him being a savvy type of person with “some nous” about him - but that doesn’t fit with how drunk / out of it he looks in the clubbing videos OR leaving his friends to go back with two other guys one of whom is substantially older, on his first time away, at god knows what time in the morning , to a location he had never been to. Then not charging his phone or buying more water. So we know he isn’t savvy at all times - who is - so logical things like not leaving the road cannot apply. Realistically if it was what 7/8 in the morning he was still drunk?

In such an inhospitable terrain, I would have thought bird activity might be key. Sorry to say that but …7 Birds of Prey Tenerife - Birdwatching Tenerife

Yes I was half expecting this to be the case, but nada.

I just cannot comprehend why he’d have voluntarily gone into the mountains. His mum said he wouldn’t, Lucy said he wouldn’t, his dad said he’s a lazy sod who needs driving to the barbers 200 meters from home. Even off your face on drink or whatever I can’t see looking up at a desolate mountain on a hot day and thinking that’s the best plan. Is there video of that exact area?

Isn’t it more likely he’s fallen off the side of the road? It looks to have steep banks and no pavement. Has that been searched?

So this woman that was the last person to see Jay, the woman he asked about the buses... She's Spanish and I'm going to assume Jay asked her in English. She replied in Spanish(?) but Jay didn't understand so she held up 10 fingers. What I don't get is that if she understands enough English to have understood his question, why didn't she know the English word for ten? Just feels a lot easier to count to 10 in another language than to be able to understand questions in another language but maybe that's just me. Or maybe I'm wrong to assume Jay didn't attempt to ask her in Spanish! Knowing either way might help us ascertain his frame of mind at the time, because if she had actually responded in English and he didn't understand then that really tells us something (or if he managed to ask her a question in good enough Spanish for her to understand then that suggests he was able to make some pretty coherent thoughts!)

Yes I was half expecting this to be the case, but nada.

I just cannot comprehend why he’d have voluntarily gone into the mountains. His mum said he wouldn’t, Lucy said he wouldn’t, his dad said he’s a lazy sod who needs driving to the barbers 200 meters from home. Even off your face on drink or whatever I can’t see looking up at a desolate mountain on a hot day and thinking that’s the best plan. Is there video of that exact area?

Isn’t it more likely he’s fallen off the side of the road? It looks to have steep banks and no pavement. Has that been searched?
Happy to be corrected as I cannot remember Lucy’s initial statement about the phone call, but didn’t he say he was in the middle of nowhere and didn’t know where to go - also that he had cut himself on a cactus? All of this to me insinuated he very much had gone off piste.

Apologies if this has already been stated (I can’t find the details if it indeed has) - the initial Snapchat images that led Lucy to find the Airbnb, were they sent from Jay to just her ie. as a private Snapchat message, or were they on his Snapchat story for any of his friends/followers to see?

Only as, if the former is true and they were just sent to Lucy - why did she have the foresight to screenshot them (and therefore save them to be seen again later) when presumably at the time of being sent them she had no real cause for concern? I’m guessing that this is because they were on his story and not a private message, hence being able to replay and screenshot them (unlike Snapchat messages between two people which disappear once viewed one time)… just wondering!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member