FL - Former President Donald Trump indicted, 40 counts, classified documents and obstruction of justice, June 2023, Trial May 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Don't they say that a messy desk/room/whatever is indicative of the owner's mind?
So a cleared desk means an empty mind? :)

jmo

LOL I’m a cluttered desk type. During my teaching career, I used to have a picture of Einstein at his cluttered desk posted on the blackboard, captioned with a quote attributed to him—paraphrasing now:

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?”

ETA: found it!
Also, IMO Trump’s admixture of classified documents with ordinary detritus points to a complete nonchalance and ignorance regarding vital presidential issues.

IMG_9367.jpeg

Last edited:
I must have a tidy mind.
I like my desk, nice and neat with everything in it's place.

Actually I think my mind is much less tidy than my desk :)
I think we have many wonderful people with a 'tidy' mind and many with a 'messy' mind. So many great people with different natures and personalities. So in the end what matters is if they care about others. Do they care about community? Do they care about humanity?
I think I know the answer to these questions regarding DT. But I will hold my tongue. I don't think I'm allowed to state my opinion, despite the evidence every day regarding who this man is. He shows us who he is by his actions.

Document Updates:
# Date Description
647 06/26/2024 TRANSCRIPT of Motions as to Donald J. Trump, Waltine Nauta, Carlos De Oliveira held on 6/21/2024 before Judge Aileen M. Cannon, 1-197 pages, Court Reporter: Laura Melton, 772-467-2327 / Laura_Melton@flsd.uscourts.gov. Transcript may be viewed at the court public terminal or purchased by contacting the Court Reporter/Transcriber before the deadline for Release of Transcript Restriction. After that date it may be obtained through PACER. Redaction Request due 7/17/2024. Redacted Transcript Deadline set for 7/29/2024. Release of Transcript Restriction set for 9/24/2024. (filed: 06/26/2024)

648 06/26/2024 TRANSCRIPT of Motions - morning session as to Donald J. Trump, Waltine Nauta, Carlos De Oliveira held on 6/24/2024 before Judge Aileen M. Cannon, 1-90 pages, Court Reporter: Laura Melton, 772-467-2327 / Laura_Melton@flsd.uscourts.gov. Transcript may be viewed at the court public terminal or purchased by contacting the Court Reporter/Transcriber before the deadline for Release of Transcript Restriction. After that date it may be obtained through PACER. Redaction Request due 7/17/2024. Redacted Transcript Deadline set for 7/29/2024. Release of Transcript Restriction set for 9/24/2024. (filed: 06/26/2024)

649 06/26/2024 TRANSCRIPT of Motions - afternoon session as to Donald J. Trump, Waltine Nauta, Carlos De Oliveira held on 6/24/2024 before Judge Aileen M. Cannon, 1-77 pages, Court Reporter: Laura Melton, 772-467-2327 / Laura_Melton@flsd.uscourts.gov. Transcript may be viewed at the court public terminal or purchased by contacting the Court Reporter/Transcriber before the deadline for Release of Transcript Restriction. After that date it may be obtained through PACER. Redaction Request due 7/17/2024. Redacted Transcript Deadline set for 7/29/2024. Release of Transcript Restriction set for 9/24/2024. (filed: 06/26/2024)

650 06/26/2024 TRANSCRIPT of Motions - afternoon session as to Donald J. Trump, Waltine Nauta, Carlos De Oliveira held on 6/25/2024 before Judge Aileen M. Cannon, 1-81 pages, Court Reporter: Laura Melton, 772-467-2327 / Laura_Melton@flsd.uscourts.gov. Transcript may be viewed at the court public terminal or purchased by contacting the Court Reporter/Transcriber before the deadline for Release of Transcript Restriction. After that date it may be obtained through PACER. Redaction Request due 7/17/2024. Redacted Transcript Deadline set for 7/29/2024. Release of Transcript Restriction set for 9/24/2024. (filed: 06/26/2024)

651 06/26/2024 NOTICE of Filing in Opposition to Motion 592 by Donald J. Trump (filed: 06/26/2024)
1. Exhibit 1
2. Exhibit 2
3. Exhibit 3
4. Exhibit 4
5. Exhibit 5
6. Exhibit 6
7. Exhibit 7
8. Exhibit 8
9. Exhibit 9
10. Exhibit 10
11. Exhibit 11

652 06/26/2024 NOTICE of Filing by USA as to Donald J. Trump, Waltine Nauta, Carlos De Oliveira re [638] Reply to Response, [592] MOTION to Modify Conditions of Release (filed: 06/26/2024)
1. Exhibit 1
2. Exhibit 2
3. Exhibit 3
4. Exhibit 4
5. Exhibit 5
6. Exhibit 6
7. Exhibit 7
8. Exhibit 8
9. Exhibit 9
10. Exhibit 10
11. Exhibit 11

link: https://www.docketbird.com/court-cases/USA-v-Sealed/flsd-9:2023-cr-80101-648652re

The debate will be getting wide coverage here, in Australia
Seems most of our free to air channels are covering it, plus paytv channels

For other Aussies, I'm going to watch it Live on SBS Online. 11am to 1pm.
Need to register these days to watch online.

Last edited:
I don't know where else to post this.
I'm all set up to watch the debate. Will be 11am here in Australia.
It will be 6:00 pm on the west coast. We have to be somewhere from 7:00-9:00 so we’ll record the rest to watch when we get home.

I think maybe the muted mic and no audience will benefit Trump by forcing him to be more coherent. We shall see.

Document Updates:
# Date Description
653 06/27/2024 SYSTEM ENTRY - Docket Entry 653 restricted/sealed until further notice. (filed: 06/27/2024)

654 06/27/2024 Government's Opposition to Request for Response by USA as to Donald J. Trump (filed: 06/27/2024)

655 06/27/2024 ORDER Denying Motion for Franks Hearing and Reserving Ruling on Balance of Motion Pending Necessary Factual Development [566]. Signed by Judge Aileen M. Cannon on 6/27/2024. See attached document for full details. (jf01) (filed: 06/27/2024)

link: https://www.docketbird.com/court-cases/USA-v-Sealed/flsd-9:2023-cr-80101-648652re

Judge to Revisit Key Legal Finding in Trump Classified Documents Case​

Even though another federal court has ruled on the matter, Judge Aileen Cannon said she would hold a hearing to determine whether prosecutors can use information from one of the former president’s lawyers.

Judge Aileen Cannon pushes back on idea that more hearings will delay Trump classified documents case​

Cannon has been widely criticized for dragging out the case over multiple hearings, and a prosecutor at the hearing earlier this week told her he believed the Trump team was trying to hijack the proceedings as a way to spread conspiracies about the work of federal investigators on this case.

In her 11-page order Thursday, Cannon seemed to push back on her critics.

“There is a difference between a resource-wasting and delay-producing ‘mini-trial,’ on the one hand, and an evidentiary hearing geared to adjudicating the contested factual and legal issues on a given pre-trial motion to suppress,” Cannon wrote.

Judge Aileen Cannon pushes back on idea that more hearings will delay Trump classified documents case​

Cannon has been widely criticized for dragging out the case over multiple hearings, and a prosecutor at the hearing earlier this week told her he believed the Trump team was trying to hijack the proceedings as a way to spread conspiracies about the work of federal investigators on this case.

In her 11-page order Thursday, Cannon seemed to push back on her critics.

“There is a difference between a resource-wasting and delay-producing ‘mini-trial,’ on the one hand, and an evidentiary hearing geared to adjudicating the contested factual and legal issues on a given pre-trial motion to suppress,” Cannon wrote.

This is entirely for the delays, imo.

jmo

Cannon hasn't even set a trial date. Perhaps she doesn't care how inane her "reasoning" sounds.

I have read of other judges and lawyers saying that she doesn't have to hold hearings to take care of motions. She can actually decide them all by herself, by looking at precedent and the law. Or by handing them off to a magistrate.

“The decisions aren’t coming quick enough. She’s asking too many other people to come in and give their opinions,” Michael van der Veen, who defended Trump during his second impeachment ...

“There’s nothing — nothing — about the way she has handled the case that is normal, that is usual, and that makes a degree of sense ... Nancy Gertner, a retired federal district court judge told The Hill.

Cannon has bucked the practice of allowing a magistrate judge to weigh some of the pretrial motions in the case, something often done by district court judges to free their attention.

Cannon comes under scrutiny for plodding pace of Trump documents case

Cannon hasn't even set a trial date. Perhaps she doesn't care how inane her "reasoning" sounds.

I have read of other judges and lawyers saying that she doesn't have to hold hearings to take care of motions. She can actually decide them all by herself, by looking at precedent and the law. Or by handing them off to a magistrate.

“The decisions aren’t coming quick enough. She’s asking too many other people to come in and give their opinions,” Michael van der Veen, who defended Trump during his second impeachment ...

“There’s nothing — nothing — about the way she has handled the case that is normal, that is usual, and that makes a degree of sense ... Nancy Gertner, a retired federal district court judge told The Hill.

Cannon has bucked the practice of allowing a magistrate judge to weigh some of the pretrial motions in the case, something often done by district court judges to free their attention.

Cannon comes under scrutiny for plodding pace of Trump documents case
She is dancing to Trump's tune- this case will eventually wind up on appeal with the 11th circuit--- I guess she doesn't care- she is, shall we say, motivated -------

If one more person brings up the debate, which is off-topic, my head will explode, and I have no one to clean up the mess.
Discussing the debate will lead to nothing but arguments and name-calling. Stay on topic, please.
Tricia

Document Updates:
# Date Description
656 06/27/2024 PAPERLESS MINUTE ENTRY for Hearing held before Judge Aileen M. Cannon on June 25, 2024. The Court heard argument on Defendant Trump's "Motion for Relief Related to Mar-A-Lago Raid and Unlawful Piercing of Attorney-Client Privilege" [566]. Morning session conducted under seal to protect materials as to which grand jury secrecy applies and/or as to which Defendant Trump asserts attorney-client privilege or work product protection. Afternoon session reopened to the public. Total time in court: 4 hours. Attorney Appearances: Jay I. Bratt, David Harbach, John M. Pellettieri, Michael Thakur, Todd Blanche, Emil Bove, Lazaro Fields, Kendra Wharton, Stanley Woodward, Sasha Dadan, Larry Donald Murrell, Jr., John S. Irving. Court Reporter: Laura Melton, Laura_Melton@flsd.uscourts.gov. (jf01) (filed: 06/27/2024)

657 06/27/2024 PAPERLESS ORDER: In light of the extensive, newly submitted materials filed by the Special Counsel and Defendant Trump in support of and/or in opposition to the Special Counsel's Motion to Modify Conditions of Release [592], the Court will permit the parties to file one final supplemental brief in response to those newly submitted materials, not to exceed 10 double-spaced pages, on or before July 5, 2024. The Court takes note of the additional court orders included in composite exhibit 11 to the Special Counsel's recently filed Notice [652]. Consistent with the Court's statements during the July 25, 2024 [I believe this should be June 25, 2024], afternoon hearing [649], the Court will consider such orders as cited legal authority on the Motion, not as part of the developed evidentiary record in this proceeding, and not for the factual findings set forth in those separate proceedings. The evidentiary record on the Motion is closed. Absent leave of Court, no further exhibits shall be attached to the authorized final supplemental briefs. Signed by Judge Aileen M. Cannon on 6/27/2024. (jf01) (filed: 06/27/2024)

Document Updates:
# Date Description
658 06/28/2024 SYSTEM ENTRY - Docket Entry 658 restricted/sealed until further notice. (filed: 06/28/2024)

659 06/28/2024 Consent MOTION for Extension of Time to File Supplemental Expert Disclosures by USA as to Donald J. Trump, Waltine Nauta, Carlos De Oliveira. Responses due by 7/12/2024. (filed: 06/28/2024)

Okay - I am in trouble... I can no longer access the court site for updates. I used to have an Alert - and not getting any from the last few days - & link I have now says page not found....

Anyone here reading - can you access the site? See above posts for links.

Last update I have is #659 from 6/28/24.

TIA if anyone can help! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.Peel
Back