FL - Sarah Boone, 42, charged with murdering boyfriend Jorge Torres, 42, by leaving him locked in suitcase, Winter Park, Feb 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh, and one more thing about lesser included offense possibilities: Sarah continues to refuse to admit she was drunk. She first told the police she’d hadn’t drank anything, though later she admits to drinking a bit, but she is wildly inconsistent. She’s doggedly determined to shape everyone’s perception of her and the drinking is something she doesn’t want to own. She claims to have passed it upstairs leading to George’s demise, but claims it was simply “an accident,” just like that time last week when I fell asleep after leaving my wife locked in the washing machine. “Just conked out, ya know? Sleepy day.” I think the drinking has been a problem on with the videos as far as her attorneys are concerned, because she just won’t accept the reality of either one.

My theory is that the reason she’s gone through eight attorneys (other than her myriad of personality disorders MOO) is that every one of then had told her that they cannot mount a serious challenge to that video evidence. She is very clearly aware that he is begging to be let out and she repeatedly mocks and curses him. She even claims at one point that it is a “tit-for-tat” because of his cheating.
I think they just explained to her that they need to try to ameliorate the sentencing, but she’s just stuck in this delusion that she can somehow find an attorney who will get that evidence thrown out. But her consent to the interview and to surrendering her phone to the police is all on video and she was entirely cooperative with the process. The bottom line is these attorneys have to have told her that she needs to abandon any hope of bail or acquittal, and she doesn’t like that, so she’s just trying to find someone who will board the crazy train with her at the helm.

I also suspect that they may have said to her at some point, “this is all because you forgot you took the video.” I’m sure that frosted her flakes.

Agreed, I'm not sure she's ever seen the video! She refused to watch it during police interrogation. Her most recent attorney said she kept leaving the meetings when being presented with full discovery. Has she ever actually seen the footage?

Also IIRC she had tried to delete it from her phone but the detectives recovered it immediately so it must have been in the deletions folder or some such? Maybe I'm wrong but if she had tried to delete it, that's condemning again.

Oh, and one more thing about lesser included offense possibilities: Sarah continues to refuse to admit she was drunk. She first told the police she’d hadn’t drank anything, though later she admits to drinking a bit, but she is wildly inconsistent. She’s doggedly determined to shape everyone’s perception of her and the drinking is something she doesn’t want to own. She claims to have passed it upstairs leading to George’s demise, but claims it was simply “an accident,” just like that time last week when I fell asleep after leaving my wife locked in the washing machine. “Just conked out, ya know? Sleepy day.” I think the drinking has been a problem on with the videos as far as her attorneys are concerned, because she just won’t accept the reality of either one.
I don’t think she’d recognize reality if it bit her on the proverbial azz.

jmo

Agreed, I'm not sure she's ever seen the video! She refused to watch it during police interrogation. Her most recent attorney said she kept leaving the meetings when being presented with full discovery. Has she ever actually seen the footage?

Also IIRC she had tried to delete it from her phone but the detectives recovered it immediately so it must have been in the deletions folder or some such? Maybe I'm wrong but if she had tried to delete it, that's condemning again.

She did not know she recorded it so couldn't delete.

She emphasized alot that she was lucid...never got drunk...Didn't like to get drunk. Then changed her story that it was alcohol that caused her to go upstairs. "Of course" he could put his finger in a hole to unzip himself and would join her.

I did not know she had moved the suitcase around with him in....this looks especially bad also.

I am watching the interrogation.

"I did not do this intentionally"

" All fun and happy that night. "

"Always took care of him."

Then....well...here's your phone .......take a look......WOW dramatic

She emphasized alot that she was lucid...never got drunk...Didn't like to get drunk. Then changed her story that it was alcohol that caused her to go upstairs. "Of course" he could put his finger in a hole to unzip himself and would join her.

I did not know she had moved the suitcase around with him in....this looks especially bad also.

NOT INTENTIONAL!!!!!!

Her dramatically successful psychoanalysis of Jorge and subsequent treatment plan will no doubt make the next edition of the DSM.

Didn’t she push the suitcase down the steps with him in it? Or am i misremembering?

Didn’t she push the suitcase down the steps with him in it? Or am i misremembering?

I think it's suspected she zipped him inside upstairs and at some point knocked him down the stairs, possibly due to his injuries. Also certainly at some point there's references by detectives to the suitcase being in a different location and the other way up than it started off in the video or something, not clear. I guess this will come out factually with evidence in court.

If this goes to trial, will the jury be given the opportunity of finding her guilty of a lesser charge?
No need for any lessor compromise charge after the jury sees that horrible video of Jorge struggling in the suitcase, begging her to let him out, while she laughs at him. IMO they should have charge her with first degree murder--

I think it's suspected she zipped him inside upstairs and at some point knocked him down the stairs, possibly due to his injuries. Also certainly at some point there's references by detectives to the suitcase being in a different location and the other way up than it started off in the video or something, not clear. I guess this will come out factually with evidence in court.

In the interrogation .... 38 minute mark ... Law and Crime Channel

Detective:
Last time we talked to you you said you had 2 fingers hanging out.

Sarah:
I flipped him over, I flipped him over and that's where it was.

Detective:
There's 2 different videos and a still picture where yah sure she's flipping him in different positions and him saying he can't breath and you saying F you.

(Sarah is not seen on video actually flipping the suitcase but the Detective knows she did due to the obvious video evidence)

Detective (looking at and pointing to computer screen)
So this is upside down so in order for him to have gotten into it ....

Sarah:
It was flipped up.

Detective:
Right, it was flipped up normal as if your packing something so this is upside down.

Sarah:
This is killing me right now.

Detective:
So this image is upside down and then this video that occurred 11 minutes later, it's flipped the other way closer to your dining room table.

Sarah:
OK

Detective:
Now he's obviously still in there so he didn't - how did that - how did it go from the back to the front?

Sarah:
I flipped it.

Detective:
OK.

Last edited:
"It has become apparent to the Court that Defendant will not permit herself to be represented by anyone," Orange County Circuit Judge Michael S. Kraynick wrote in a court order.

Boone's first attorney was court-appointed. She replaced them with Mauricio Padilla in March of 2020. Padilla quit in 2022 due to "irreconcilable differences" and an "adversarial" relationship.

Since Padilla, Boone has not been able to keep one lawyer for a long period of time. Kraynick alleged that Boone is changing lawyers frequently to help delay her trial.

"As of June 26, 2024, this case has been pending 4 years, 3 months, 5 days from the date of the filing of the information on March 23, 2020," Kraynick wrote. "Actions speak louder than words. Although the defendant's words seemingly reveal a desire to go to trial, however, as set forth herein, her actions and inability to work with court-appointed counsel, are repeated over and over."

JUL 2

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. - Sarah Boone, the Florida woman accused of killing her boyfriend by locking him inside a suitcase at their Winter Park home during an alleged game of hide-and-seek, has forfeited her right to any more court-appointed defense lawyers – and will now have to represent herself at her trial, according to the judge overseeing her case.

More at Sarah Boone loses 8th lawyer, must now represent herself in Florida murder trial, judge rules

Not sure how I feel about this as Sarah would most likely be appealing later on (after the trial) that she was forced to represent herself on a very serious charge and had no defense attorney to help her out. Could this cause legal jeopardy later on?

I'm watching her interview again.

"I'm excellent at everything".

"Understand this".

"And again, it's not fair..."

"I'm not that kind of person".

"I did not do this intentionally... understand that".

"I didn't even sleep".

"Alcohol does a lot to people".

"This is not cool, that you think I did it intentionally".

"This has changed my life".

Exhausting.

JMO

This woman is the human epitome of the term ‘word salad’, if said salad was at the world’s largest all-you-can-eat salad bar. She’s a tornado of righteousness, victimhood, and verbosity and must be an absolute nightmare to have lived with, or worked with, or really, spent more than 2 seconds of your life with.

Glad the judge shut this nonsense down. But they might need to clear the court calendar for at least a year for her trial! Oh I can hear her blathering already!

This woman is the human epitome of the term ‘word salad’, if said salad was at the world’s largest all-you-can-eat salad bar. She’s a tornado of righteousness, victimhood, and verbosity and must be an absolute nightmare to have lived with, or worked with, or really, spent more than 2 seconds of your life with.

Glad the judge shut this nonsense down. But they might need to clear the court calendar for at least a year for her trial! Oh I can hear her blathering already!

She says in her interrogation ....

"I excell at every aspect of life" "Exemplary mother to my son" .... Etc...

I just became aware of this case bc a YouTuber I watch is going to cover this case. I watched the interrogation and all I can say is she should have shut her mouth and gotten a lawyer. Why do people think they can talk with police & deal with their trained tactics? GET A LAWYER, people. Never blab on and on bc it will come back to bite you in the a$$.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mae_uk
Back