Found Deceased Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I just referenced crime ring without any nationality. (I don't know the nationality of the AirBnB people.)

jmo

No, you didn't mention nationality, and I'm sorry if my comments have caused offence. I responded to your comment because you were the first person I saw mention a "crime ring."

The probable nationality of the man Jay was with (whom we now know is a convicted drug dealer and leader of a crime ring) has been discussed at length on the thread. The articles about Jay being attacked when he was 12 years old also indicated the attackers were "asian," which is a very broad descriptor.

If it were to turn out that the men who attacked Jay seven years ago were Somalian gang members, and the men he was last seen with were also Somalian gang members, wouldn't that link potentially be relevant?

The nationality of the men means nothing in and of itself. They could be of any ethnicity or nationality, and I certainly didn't intend my references to their nationality to upset anyone. But in the context of Jay potentially being involved with this "crime ring" for a long time, it could be an important detail.

Again, in terms of someone posting on Jay’s Snapchat “pretending” to be him, if you’re posting a photo on Snapchat which has been taken from your camera roll, or any other app, and so it hasn’t been taken using the Snapchat camera in the moment, it will say (at the top) “taken from camera roll” or something like that. You can always tell when someone has NOT taken that picture “recently.” For example, I could go on Snapchat and take a selfie and post it immediately, nothing would come up (like Jay’s Snapchat video was). However, if I went on Snapchat and chose a selfie from my camera roll taken five minutes ago, it would say “posted from camera roll”.

Basically, if Jay didn’t take & post that video himself, then the poster would have to know Jay’s iPhone password, take that video ON the Snapchat app, and post it / send it to his contacts from there.

This is based on my experience.

Hours before the 19-year-old Brit went missing in the Masca area of Tenerife, 31-year-old Ayub Qassim had invited him back to the holiday rental where he was staying with another man, only known by the pseudonym 'Johnny Vegas', reports the Daily Mail.

Qassim, who has previously served nine years in prison for dealing Class A drugs, shed light on one of the key mysteries in the case - Why did Jay end up so far from his friends and where he was staying in Tenerife?

Jay accompanied the two men back to their £40-a-night AirBnB because "he had nowhere else to go", Qassim told MailOnline. Adding to confusion over Jay's motivation on the day he went missing, June 17, said he put the 19-year-old up after "his friends had all left him."

"I let the geezer stay at mine because he had nowhere else to go, his friends had all left him."

Following questions over why Jay left with the pair, the 31-year-old said they were old acquaintances. Continuing: "I know Jay, through friends, I'm not going to bring someone back to mine if I don't know them.

"I'm doing the geezer a favour and now my face is all over the news. It's a bit mental. I haven't even done anything

Are there any photos of the stolen watch?
No. At least not public. The private investigator said in the video that his friends told him that Jay would never lie about stealing the watch so he believes them. But so far the only thing floating around is an alleged Snapchat Jay sent, but there is no watch visible on the image (screenshot?), just a text that mention stealing a watch.

A criminal protesting that they "haven't even done anything" is almost certain to have done something.
Not necessarily. His crime was 11 years ago.
Spanish police checked them out..
they gave them the all clear.
Also Lancashire Police had been in contact and offered their services so it's likely they had that information too..

MOO is Jay was up to unsavoury activities in Tenerife but it is still a stretch to think he was murdered for it. It’s still a big deal to kill people off, especially youngsters on a holiday island, and will attract too much attention to be the go to for the first offence.
Does anyone remember the Drogba case in Ireland of a gang kid getting killed? It offended even the gangs.

People truly and utterly don’t seem to understand that dehydrated, still with alcohol and potentially drugs in his system, his first time on holiday alone, Jay isn’t going to be making the most sense. The evidence we have is him saying he is in need of a drink and is lost. After he is filmed in a drug looking inebriated and falling over.

The rest is utter speculation at this point IMO. Mark Williams or whatever went out there claiming to fix it in three days. He’s a braggart and a stirrer and plays to social media fame rather than getting answers for the family. His motives are primarily to create drama and speculate.

Are there any photos of the stolen watch?

I ask because someone on the thread mentioned that 'Rolex' was code for the drug Ecstasy. Given that the two men in the rental had a background in drugs, is it possible that it wasn't a watch that he stole?
This was discussed previously but it specifies in the article that a man had his rolex watch stolen at the club and Jay admitted to his friends he had it. 'Burly' Rolex owner could hold key to Jay case after teen 'stole £12k watch'

I dont believe Jay stole it from the club. I believe the 2 men did then Jay stole it from them the next morning and ran.

This is bothering me too! There's been a lot made of the two men staying an extra day, apparently to assist with the police investigation. But the two men had extended their stay before the police had even contacted them! Lucy said they were shocked when she turned up.. this was the first they knew of jays disappearance. And it was after the 11am checkout time.
Has everyone else truly always been out by checkout on the dot?! Total 50:50 for me

No. At least not public. The private investigator said in the video that his friends told him that Jay would never lie about stealing the watch so he believes them. But so far the only thing floating around is an alleged Snapchat Jay sent, but there is no watch visible on the image (screenshot?), just a text that mention stealing a watch.

This was discussed previously but it specifies in the article that a man had his rolex watch stolen at the club and Jay admitted to his friends he had it. 'Burly' Rolex owner could hold key to Jay case after teen 'stole £12k watch'

I dont believe Jay stole it from the club. I believe the 2 men did then Jay stole it from them the next morning and ran.
I know it's already been discussed, but it would be easier for a bag of drugs to be stolen, rather than a watch on some burly guys wrist, IMO.

In the alleged Snapchat (which I can't post here due to forum rules - it's easy enough to find), quotes Jay as saying:

He also appears to be holding up his wrist to show off the watch, although it's out of shot in the image. It certainly looks legitimate to me, and has been verified by MWT who has apparently seen the Snapchat first-hand.

'Rolex' isn't mentioned and it appears that 'Rolex' has become synonymous in many circles for any luxury watch, much like many people refer to their vacuum cleaner as a 'Hoover'.

Some other younger folk on social media have also suggested that AP could refer to 'arm piece', which is supposedly slang for watch, but I'm too old to know anything about that. If not, it's likely the abbreviation of Audemars Piguet, a luxury watch brand.
I've seen that photo and the watch isn't visible.

Not necessarily. His crime was 11 years ago.
Spanish police checked them out..
they gave them the all clear.
Also Lancashire Police had been in contact and offered their services so it's likely they had that information too..

Spanish LE likely had no idea who this bloke was when they took his statement. He had checked into the AirBnB under a false name and the LE were looking for a missing person, not investigating a crime.
I'd be incredibly surprised if Spanish LE were sharing any information with Lancashire Police that early into the investigation.

His crime might have been 11 years ago and he's not a POI so I have to choose my words carefully, but nothing about his statement adds up. Particularly the:
'I let the geezer stay at mine because he had nowhere else to go'
Really? He was 10 minutes away from his apartment, which was paid for.

Don't know how to attach two files in one post yet but in the above articles it shows differences in Lucy's timelines in first one it says Lucy arrives at AirBnB at 11am in second article from much earlier June 18th it states she was contacted by an American woman and they drove around all day looking in all nooks and cranys to find ..my question is if Jay was on phone at 8.50 to her reports to police at 9.06am goes to police station files a report and drives 60 mins or more to mesca how did she reach AirBnB at 11am if she didn't know where it was in first place

It isn't, but it very much seems like he's holding up his wrist to show something. It's not a very natural position for his arm to be in otherwise.
He's hanging onto the handle above the car window, likely because they were traveling at speed on a winding road. That's why his arm is raised. No watch to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper