GA GA - Katherine Janness & Dog Bowie Fatally Stabbed - Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 2021 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think the timeline estimates could be off and the killer might have had more time that proposed above.
The rainbow crosswalk image had the timestamp removed after first showing 12:09. Why? Is it possible that time displayed was not correct?
If it was correct, a lot of time is missing between leaving Henry's at about 11:30. Google shows that as about a 4 minute walk, even adding the dog it would likely not take almost 40 minutes unless there was another stop we don't know about.
If the timestamp is wrong, she could have crossed the crosswalk around 11:30-11:45. The add another 10-15 minutes and she could have been near the incident scene as early as 11:40 to midnight.
The times that were stated in MSM interviews or seen on camera releases have always been out of sync IMO. EC stated in 1 interview she was not sure of the 11:30pm time of KJ coming by Henry's because she was working, training someone, closing & IMO that 11:30pm would have been the time EC normally got off work on a Tues nite due to Henry's closing at 11:00pm. That lead me to consider KJ had thought about walking home with EC when she got off work & why she may have been walking around waiting for EC to leave at 12:30am. I also considered the time KJ started her walk with B possibly thinking at some point EC would meet up with them on her way home from Henry's (around 11:30) & that's why she went by there when that didn't happen.

AMOO

I thought this was interesting...it may not have any relevance but there is a Georgia Department of Corrections facility less than a mile from where Katie lived and the Charles Allen entrance. I've lived in Atlanta for more than 25 years and pass by this at least once a week and never realized it's essentially a correctional facility in the middle of the city. Last week, an escaped inmate ended up stabbing someone to death on a trail about 3 miles away. Just made me wonder who was being housed at that facility during the July 2021 murder.

Neighbors learn of nearby inmate transitional center

It would make sense that rr wld close in tandem to park hours.
I wonder if that’s always the case though—or if there are known work arounds by ppl who use them/are in the park at night. Could the door be held open by something or wld that disable it altogether?
I have passed through Piedmont Park at night, after 10 pm, and the regular restrooms are open and unlocked. However, the automated "robot" bathroom by the CA entrance locks automatically at a certain time. If the theory is that the murder happened in a bathroom, it probably wouldn't have been in the automated bathroom by the entrance, but it could have taken place in another restroom in the park.

There would have been a lot of evidence in those restrooms, but the police have not released much information, so we don't know all the areas in the park that were connected to the crime.

I’ve always felt like this murder happened by the lake or that the perp washed off in the lake after the crime.

The times that were stated in MSM interviews or seen on camera releases have always been out of sync IMO. EC stated in 1 interview she was not sure of the 11:30pm time of KJ coming by Henry's because she was working, training someone, closing & IMO that 11:30pm would have been the time EC normally got off work on a Tues nite due to Henry's closing at 11:00pm. That lead me to consider KJ had thought about walking home with EC when she got off work & why she may have been walking around waiting for EC to leave at 12:30am. I also considered the time KJ started her walk with B possibly thinking at some point EC would meet up with them on her way home from Henry's (around 11:30) & that's why she went by there when that didn't happen.

AMOO
Responding to you and Valiant's posts about the time. I have wondered about the time stamp as well. Was it accurate. But APD posted that photo and said that was the last time she was seen alive (at that time - we don't know if they have subsequently found other vid/photo evidence of her) and they have never come back and said the time stamp was wrong. Which, I feel they would do. So I am inclined (though not 100% certain) to believe the 12:09 time is correct.
As for KJ's activities. I do think EC has said she isn't certain about the 11:30 time, but I am guessing it is in the ball park. But yes, there is a lag between then and 12:09 in the Rainbow crosswalk. but in that photo, she and Bowie are crossing south to north. Henry's is on the north side. So they are not coming straight from Henry's or they would have already been on the north side of the street. So she and Bowie went somewhere after stopping to see Emma. Maybe just wondering. But then headed for the park at 12:09.

Now, that does bring up a question for me as to "why?" They had already been out on a long walk. So I also thought maybe KJ was just killing time to wait for Emma to get off so they could walk back together. But that seems odd too because she would have arrived at CA gate at 12:25-12:30, the time Emma would have been getting off work. Odd.

I thought this was interesting...it may not have any relevance but there is a Georgia Department of Corrections facility less than a mile from where Katie lived and the Charles Allen entrance. I've lived in Atlanta for more than 25 years and pass by this at least once a week and never realized it's essentially a correctional facility in the middle of the city. Last week, an escaped inmate ended up stabbing someone to death on a trail about 3 miles away. Just made me wonder who was being housed at that facility during the July 2021 murder.

Neighbors learn of nearby inmate transitional center
The facility looks like an apartment building, and the inmates are under minimum security. In my opinion, it would be very easy for an inmate to leave this building in the middle of the night. While they do take a headcount, there are usually several hours between counts. As long as the person is back before the next count, their brief absence would go unnoticed. Several inmates have "walked away" from this facility and were only noticed because they didn't come back for count. The security is so lax here because they're supposed to vet these inmates and only accept those capable of living among others in society. However, sometimes they get a bad apple or two.

Untitled.png
Untitled1.png

The facility looks like an apartment building, and the inmates are under minimum security. In my opinion, it would be very easy for an inmate to leave this building in the middle of the night. While they do take a headcount, there are usually several hours between counts. As long as the person is back before the next count, their brief absence would go unnoticed. Several inmates have "walked away" from this facility and were only noticed because they didn't come back for count. The security is so lax here because they're supposed to vet these inmates and only accept those capable of living among others in society. However, sometimes they get a bad apple or two.

View attachment 516722
View attachment 516723
Yes. I know this place. It's on Ponce de Leon Ave very close to the other end of Charles Allen (CA). I know it as a half-way house to assist male inmates just released from prison to transition back into society with job assistance & counseling, etc. Great observation.
JMOO

Responding to you and Valiant's posts about the time. I have wondered about the time stamp as well. Was it accurate. But APD posted that photo and said that was the last time she was seen alive (at that time - we don't know if they have subsequently found other vid/photo evidence of her) and they have never come back and said the time stamp was wrong. Which, I feel they would do. So I am inclined (though not 100% certain) to believe the 12:09 time is correct.
As for KJ's activities. I do think EC has said she isn't certain about the 11:30 time, but I am guessing it is in the ball park. But yes, there is a lag between then and 12:09 in the Rainbow crosswalk. but in that photo, she and Bowie are crossing south to north. Henry's is on the north side. So they are not coming straight from Henry's or they would have already been on the north side of the street. So she and Bowie went somewhere after stopping to see Emma. Maybe just wondering. But then headed for the park at 12:09.

Now, that does bring up a question for me as to "why?" They had already been out on a long walk. So I also thought maybe KJ was just killing time to wait for Emma to get off so they could walk back together. But that seems odd too because she would have arrived at CA gate at 12:25-12:30, the time Emma would have been getting off work. Odd.
IMO KJ & B might have crossed 10th St in front of Henry's, when they left, at the corner of Juniper & 10th because it's safer looking on that South side, more street lights, wider sidewalk, avoid the large parking lot & closed businesses where people sleep in the shadows. Campagnola's is also on that side of the street near the rainbow crosswalk & Piedmont Ave.
But IMO the reason she & Bowie ended up where they did makes no sense.
AMOO

IMO KJ & B might have crossed 10th St in front of Henry's, when they left, at the corner of Juniper & 10th because it's safer looking on that South side, more street lights, wider sidewalk, avoid the large parking lot & closed businesses where people sleep in the shadows. Campagnola's is also on that side of the street near the rainbow crosswalk & Piedmont Ave.
But IMO the reason she & Bowie ended up where they did makes no sense.
AMOO
I wondered about that, she just preferred the south side of the street for what ever reason. I would think however that if she had stopped at Campagnola's we would have heard from someone to that effect, but we havent. It is possible that that staff is just staying quiet, but I would suspect someone would have said something by now. So I am thinking she must have just walked around a bit after leaving Henry's before heading to the park. Is there anything else over in that area she might have wanted to walk by? Her phone data should show the police where she went, so I am guessing they know. Was she texting or talking to anyone during that time? Certainly the police know, but it hasn't helped.

I wondered about that, she just preferred the south side of the street for what ever reason. I would think however that if she had stopped at Campagnola's we would have heard from someone to that effect, but we havent. It is possible that that staff is just staying quiet, but I would suspect someone would have said something by now. So I am thinking she must have just walked around a bit after leaving Henry's before heading to the park. Is there anything else over in that area she might have wanted to walk by? Her phone data should show the police where she went, so I am guessing they know. Was she texting or talking to anyone during that time? Certainly the police know, but it hasn't helped.
I've always felt that the time Emma provided might be inaccurate. If you asked me what time I left a restaurant last night, I couldn't give you an exact answer either. I'm not suggesting she intentionally gave the wrong time, but I often need to check text messages to recall the timing of events. If Katie left the restaurant closer to 11:45 pm or 11:50 pm, it would make sense for her to be at the crosswalk by 12:09 am.

My dog loves to sniff around and explore and I'm able to walk at a much faster pace when he's not with me. It's possible Katie was letting Bowie explore, use the bathroom, etc. on their walk to kill time. I still think she was lingering in the area for some reason. I'm really surprised she wasn't captured on the camera outside of 150 Tenth Street. There are two camera's on the outside of that building and yes they were there in 2021.

There is also a camera in front of the fire station. IMO if she walked straight down 10th street to the crosswalk, she is on camera prior to getting to the crosswalk. But, she might have left Henry's and went down Juniper, turned right on 11th Street, turned right on Piedmont and then used the Rainbow crosswalk. That route would've taken longer than simply walking a block down 10th to the crosswalk. Also, just by using Google maps, I don't see any cameras on that route either. Not saying there aren't any but I didn't see any pointed at the street like the ones on 10th street.

I’m certain the police know exactly where KJ walked that night and at what time intervals. They may also have CCTV footage of her and Bowie just before they entered PP at the Charles Allen gate. Probably they have footage of Emma just as she was crossing 10th St. going into the park. They likely know if anyone followed her on her walk or followed her into PP. If so, then they will know the murderer was already inside PP. I agree that it just doesn’t make any sense for KJ and Bowie to turn left into PP when the could have turned right and been home about the same time as Emma. A question @ PrairieWind, why do you think KJ preferred the south side of the street?

I’m certain the police know exactly where KJ walked that night and at what time intervals. They may also have CCTV footage of her and Bowie just before they entered PP at the Charles Allen gate. Probably they have footage of Emma just as she was crossing 10th St. going into the park. They likely know if anyone followed her on her walk or followed her into PP. If so, then they will know the murderer was already inside PP. I agree that it just doesn’t make any sense for KJ and Bowie to turn left into PP when the could have turned right and been home about the same time as Emma. A question @ PrairieWind, why do you think KJ preferred the south side of the street?
I don't know that she actually did, just trying to think of why she was crossing south to north at the crosswalk. It could be as simple as she came out of Henry's and looked up the street and saw someone up there that she got a bad feeling about and decided to just walk across to the south side. And then crossed back. Maybe she crossed to the south intending to start for home, and then when she got to the crosswalk at Piedmont, changed her mind and decided to go to the park.

Yes, that is the very curious part, isn’t it. That she decided to go into the park at that point in her walk. Incredibly curious.

Not entirely clear. She didn’t drive, but I’ve seen conflicting reports about whether she walked or biked.
I'm not finding anything either. I have occasionally thought that maybe KJ was just sort of waiting for Emma to get off work and they could all walk back together.

I may be mistaken but I think Emma said that when she later went to the park to look for KJ, she drove, am I remembering that right?

I'm not finding anything either. I have occasionally thought that maybe KJ was just sort of waiting for Emma to get off work and they could all walk back together.

I may be mistaken but I think Emma said that when she later went to the park to look for KJ, she drove, am I remembering that right?
EC rode a red bike to find KJ & B. I had a pic of it laying on the ground inside PP with LE standing next to it taken around 3:00am Wed., 07/28/21 by fox5atlantanews. It is posted on Thread 2 around Sept 2021.

EC rode a red bike to find KJ & B. I had a pic of it laying on the ground inside PP with LE standing next to it taken around 3:00am Wed., 07/28/21 by fox5atlantanews. It is posted on Thread 2 around Sept 2021.
Thank you. I'll see if I can find that. There should be video/photo of her entering the CA gate. I assume APD has that and hasn't released it. How she got there really isn't relevant, I was just curious. I seem to recall she stated that as soon as she entered the gate she saw Bowie.

Thank you. I'll see if I can find that. There should be video/photo of her entering the CA gate. I assume APD has that and hasn't released it. How she got there really isn't relevant, I was just curious. I seem to recall she stated that as soon as she entered the gate she saw Bowie.
I located my post with the first MSM release Wed 07/28/21 morning attached. IIRC the bike is in that video. Thread #3 pg 22 11/18/2021 msg #429. I am unable to get the video to open or I would re-post it. IIRC the bike was on a downward slope/path. IMO EC entered PP near the top of the hill at a smaller entrance. Across from Argonne Ave NE. This would be the 1st path into PP if you were coming down 10th from Piedmont Ave (rainbow crosswalk) IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agirlnamedbob
Back