GA GA - Katherine Janness & Dog Bowie Fatally Stabbed - Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 2021 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wondered about that, she just preferred the south side of the street for what ever reason. I would think however that if she had stopped at Campagnola's we would have heard from someone to that effect, but we havent. It is possible that that staff is just staying quiet, but I would suspect someone would have said something by now. So I am thinking she must have just walked around a bit after leaving Henry's before heading to the park. Is there anything else over in that area she might have wanted to walk by? Her phone data should show the police where she went, so I am guessing they know. Was she texting or talking to anyone during that time? Certainly the police know, but it hasn't helped.
I’m certain the police know exactly where KJ walked that night and at what time intervals. They may also have CCTV footage of her and Bowie just before they entered PP at the Charles Allen gate. Probably they have footage of Emma just as she was crossing 10th St. going into the park. They likely know if anyone followed her on her walk or followed her into PP. If so, then they will know the murderer was already inside PP. I agree that it just doesn’t make any sense for KJ and Bowie to turn left into PP when the could have turned right and been home about the same time as Emma. A question @ PrairieWind, why do you think KJ preferred the south side of the street?

I’m certain the police know exactly where KJ walked that night and at what time intervals. They may also have CCTV footage of her and Bowie just before they entered PP at the Charles Allen gate. Probably they have footage of Emma just as she was crossing 10th St. going into the park. They likely know if anyone followed her on her walk or followed her into PP. If so, then they will know the murderer was already inside PP. I agree that it just doesn’t make any sense for KJ and Bowie to turn left into PP when the could have turned right and been home about the same time as Emma. A question @ PrairieWind, why do you think KJ preferred the south side of the street?
I don't know that she actually did, just trying to think of why she was crossing south to north at the crosswalk. It could be as simple as she came out of Henry's and looked up the street and saw someone up there that she got a bad feeling about and decided to just walk across to the south side. And then crossed back. Maybe she crossed to the south intending to start for home, and then when she got to the crosswalk at Piedmont, changed her mind and decided to go to the park.

Yes, that is the very curious part, isn’t it. That she decided to go into the park at that point in her walk. Incredibly curious.

Not entirely clear. She didn’t drive, but I’ve seen conflicting reports about whether she walked or biked.
I'm not finding anything either. I have occasionally thought that maybe KJ was just sort of waiting for Emma to get off work and they could all walk back together.

I may be mistaken but I think Emma said that when she later went to the park to look for KJ, she drove, am I remembering that right?

I'm not finding anything either. I have occasionally thought that maybe KJ was just sort of waiting for Emma to get off work and they could all walk back together.

I may be mistaken but I think Emma said that when she later went to the park to look for KJ, she drove, am I remembering that right?
EC rode a red bike to find KJ & B. I had a pic of it laying on the ground inside PP with LE standing next to it taken around 3:00am Wed., 07/28/21 by fox5atlantanews. It is posted on Thread 2 around Sept 2021.

EC rode a red bike to find KJ & B. I had a pic of it laying on the ground inside PP with LE standing next to it taken around 3:00am Wed., 07/28/21 by fox5atlantanews. It is posted on Thread 2 around Sept 2021.
Thank you. I'll see if I can find that. There should be video/photo of her entering the CA gate. I assume APD has that and hasn't released it. How she got there really isn't relevant, I was just curious. I seem to recall she stated that as soon as she entered the gate she saw Bowie.

Thank you. I'll see if I can find that. There should be video/photo of her entering the CA gate. I assume APD has that and hasn't released it. How she got there really isn't relevant, I was just curious. I seem to recall she stated that as soon as she entered the gate she saw Bowie.
I located my post with the first MSM release Wed 07/28/21 morning attached. IIRC the bike is in that video. Thread #3 pg 22 11/18/2021 msg #429. I am unable to get the video to open or I would re-post it. IIRC the bike was on a downward slope/path. IMO EC entered PP near the top of the hill at a smaller entrance. Across from Argonne Ave NE. This would be the 1st path into PP if you were coming down 10th from Piedmont Ave (rainbow crosswalk) IMO.

I located my post with the first MSM release Wed 07/28/21 morning attached. IIRC the bike is in that video. Thread #3 pg 22 11/18/2021 msg #429. I am unable to get the video to open or I would re-post it. IIRC the bike was on a downward slope/path. IMO EC entered PP near the top of the hill at a smaller entrance. Across from Argonne Ave NE. This would be the 1st path into PP if you were coming down 10th from Piedmont Ave (rainbow crosswalk) IMO.
That’s interesting because I would think EC would turn north onto Charles Allen Dr from the street they lived on and that she entered PP through the CA & 10th St entrance.

That’s interesting because I would think EC would turn north onto Charles Allen Dr from the street they lived on and that she entered PP through the CA & 10th St entrance.
I've never even considered that route. Definitely a possibility. Now I'm wondering if that was the route KJ & B were taking as well.
JMOO

I've never even considered that route. Definitely a possibility. Now I'm wondering if that was the route KJ & B were taking as well.
JMOO
That’s what I’ve always assumed: that KJ & B entered through the main entrance at CA & 10th St. I was able to view the video you posted with the red bike in it. It seems to me that Bowie was found near the restrooms partly on the grass and partly on the road. That video seems to show the bike just before the restroom which fits EC description of where she saw Bowie and got off her bike. I wasn’t able to tell if that was on a slope or hill as I think that area going into the park is pretty flat, but I’ve never seen it in person, just google map photos. Very interesting video though.

Yes, that is the very curious part, isn’t it. That she decided to go into the park at that point in her walk. Incredibly curious.
Unless she was pulled in or maybe was asked for assistance from someone?

Early on, an article in the AJC
said KJ stopped by Henry’s so she and EC cld go home together.
And EC wasn’t ready just yet so KJ walked around the area and was to circle back to Henry’s so, again, they wld go home together.
I don’t have a link as it’s paywalled but that was def stated in the article.

Subsequently, EC stated that KJ was to meet her back *home;* Which conflicts with the early-days AJC story.

EC rode her bike to PP. @AtlantaBourne your op of the video showed the bike in it.

I have thought it’s remarkable how little folks who worked in those establishments have talked about this case…online, irl etc. It’s like they are all sworn to silence or something. Or freaked theF out or both.

I worked at two different establishments at 10th and Piedmont back in the day and I cldnt imagine any of us staying so mum if one of our own were killed this way (I say one of our own because that area is/was like a gay-bery imo…a little gay small town where everybody knows everybody).

Of course a crime like this hideous scene changes everything.

Justice for Katie and Bowie!

So I was wondering if the jogger guy was looking for a water fountain. So I googled water fountains and Atlanta, and there is a Reddit page that some guy made up, of a map of the water fountains in Atlanta. It looks like there's one at that circle there, right near the gate. So maybe the jogger went up to the water fountain at the circle, took a drink, and went back.

I believe that picture of Katie crossing the crosswalk is the last known picture of her. That's why it makes sense, that she did not walk thru the CA Gate. I believe my theory makes the most sense. She crossed at the rainbow crosswalk, walked on the north side of 10th Street. And the reason she probably did that, was to give her dog access to the bushes lining 10th Street. Give the dog some nature to enjoy. At some point, she used one of the cut thrus there, to get onto the path in the park that runs very closely parallel to 10th Street. And then walks there to the bathroom area. The other reason this makes sense is, when Katie ran, she did not run out of the park, but into the park. So that must have meant that she was on the north side of the perp.

I believe it's possible, that she on purpose did not go through the Charles Allen gate, because she did not want to be caught on camera. Which might shed light on what she was doing there.

EC probably followed the path that Katie took, as shown on the phone. And of course that makes sense with my theory, the Katie entered the park on one of those cut throughs on 10th Street.

I actually meant to reply to your comment above. Yes I believe she walked all or at least part of the way on that path, next to 10th Street in the park. Because she was not caught on camera at Charles Allen gate or they would have released it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico
Back