4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #95

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
RSBM.

Isn't it true that the defense would also need to show that Boise HASN'T been subjected to the same extensive publicity and misinformation?

Also, if the trial were moved, does it mean same judge, same prosecutors, just different jury pool? Or does the judge and/or prosecutor change too?
Same Judge and same prosecutors.

The defense evidently polled residents of Boise with their phone survey and believe they can get a non biased jury from Boise. And I am sure the Judge will move the trial to Boise.

Same Judge and same prosecutors.

The defense evidently polled residents of Boise with their phone survey and believe they can get a non biased jury from Boise. And I am sure the Judge will move the trial to Boise.
I agree, Sassy. I believe, in order to avoid one reason for potential appeal, the judge will order the trial moved to Boise. I do believe that jurors, even if they've heard of some details of the crime, are able to remain unbiased and strive to do the right thing. I think there will be an enormous amount of publicity surrounding this trial, and it's difficult to avoid all forms of media. And so I hope that there is no talk of sequestration.

I think what is important in D's account is that it does not include that she heard people running past her door.

Somewhere back in the wilderness of old threads, I think it was related that a previous resident of the home said that you could hear people moving through the home. That it wasn't a quiet house. I think the fact that throughout it was floored with modern lino, not carpet, would mean that the conjecture that people running urgently thought the home would be loud is a probability.

A pursuit would also give someone a chance to scream for help or in alarm... and we know that didn't happen.

MOO
A student named Ashlin Couch originally joined Kaylee, Xena... and the rest on the lease at 1122 Kings Road. She only lived there a few days on the first floor and moved out. I think the noise was too much for her. I wonder if she will be part of the trial?

I agree, Sassy. I believe, in order to avoid one reason for potential appeal, the judge will order the trial moved to Boise. I do believe that jurors, even if they've heard of some details of the crime, are able to remain unbiased and strive to do the right thing. I think there will be an enormous amount of publicity surrounding this trial, and it's difficult to avoid all forms of media. And so I hope that there is no talk of sequestration.
All of that is true...unless I get called for jury duty...bring it on at that point. Unbiased I am not. ;)

100 percent ✅. I’m anxiously awaiting the trial and the release of additional details and critical info from the defense. If they don’t produce more, they face a genuine uphill battle for a conviction. JMOO
IMO it’s more than enough when you consider the lack of a solid alibi and other pieces of evidence they have against him.

Unless the jury has another reasonable alternative explanation for the events we know about that night….BK is going to be found guilty. And it won’t even be close.

This case is SOLID.

MOO

A student named Ashlin Couch originally joined Kaylee, Xena... and the rest on the lease at 1122 Kings Road. She only lived there a few days on the first floor and moved out. I think the noise was too much for her. I wonder if she will be part of the trial?
According to Howard Blum (I read the book) the defense desperately (my characterization of what I read) tried to connect Bryan to the roommate who never fully moved in and illegal substances.

Sadly, they were not able to do so because he murdered complete strangers (JMO) and has no connections to any of them at all. I guess they’ll have to move on to the next completely unsubstantiated conspiracy theory.

MOO

According to Howard Blum (I read the book) the defense desperately (my characterization of what I read) tried to connect Bryan to the roommate who never fully moved in and illegal substances.

Sadly, they were not able to do so because he murdered complete strangers (JMO) and has no connections to any of them at all. I guess they’ll have to move on to the next completely unsubstantiated conspiracy theory.

MOO
Unsubstantiated…theories, like the star gazing. Maybe the next one will involve aliens and an abduction!!!

They can “want” all they like. I seriously do not see this trial moving anywhere. All these pre-trial moves and theatrics are an attempt by the defense to portray their client as the victim. Poor BK. Out stargazing from the window of his drivers
Seat - in the same precise Vicinity and time four students are brutally murdered. Poor BK won’t ever get justice in the same town where these students were killed. Poor Bk….etc.

I call BS on it - and I hope the request is denied. Even in Boise, it wouldn't make a difference. Most people in the USA are aware of the case. They’d have to move the trial to MARS to obtain what they seek in the change of venue request. Then again, even the hypothetical MARTIANS have heard of this event, and him.

So…yeah. Good luck with that BK and team.
I hope JJJ doesn't order a COV. I think AT purposely did the telephone screening without approval from the Judge or even notifying the State just to be able to drum up these numbers of Moscow bias by her 'expert'.

Unfortunately, I do think there is a chance he might grant one just because of the high profile and it being a DP case. The last thing the State wants is this specific item as a big ole' appellate issue after all the time and $$$ it's already cost. (beyond the standard appeals of a DP case)

I'd hate to see it happen, but I have no doubt BT and Company have a solid case against BK, so he's going to be found guilty no matter where he's tried at.

MOO

Hard to see why unless it was to say people were coming and going and the party culture was interfering with her school work.

I hope JJJ doesn't order a COV. I think AT purposely did the telephone screening without approval from the Judge or even notifying the State just to be able to drum up these numbers of Moscow bias by her 'expert'.

Unfortunately, I do think there is a chance he might grant one just because of the high profile and it being a DP case. The last thing the State wants is this specific item as a big ole' appellate issue after all the time and $$$ it's already cost. (beyond the standard appeals of a DP case)

I'd hate to see it happen, but I have no doubt BT and Company have a solid case against BK, so he's going to be found guilty no matter where he's tried at.

MOO

I could agree with you, if I didn't live in Moscow. It's been very challenging since the murders and a change of venue would be great for morale, not to mention my own perspective. People don't believe that they are biased, but I believe that I am and it would be very difficult to be impartial knowing what we experienced as a community.

Others might assert they can be unbiased. However, when I have seen change of venue situations elsewhere, I always have figured that the judge knows the impacts and it was the best decision for the situation and to avoid appeals. I can look at it from the reverse side of the situation, but it takes more work mentally to be comfortable. JMOO.

Question for legal experts. The advisory in support of motion to change venue is repeat with references to "inadmissible information" that has, one way or another, found its way into the public domain

"otherwise inadmissible material", "potentially inadmissible media", "inadmissible content or disputed facts", "potentially inadmissible allegations"

Where do Kohberger's old ezBoard/Yuku forum posts fit in this equation? (later migrated to tapatalk)

He considers himself "an organic sack of meat with no self worth," but more alarmingly, "I am starting to view everyone as this." He feels "no emotion" and "can say and do whatever I want with little remorse." He lists "crazy thoughts" alongside "nothing has a point" and "thought of suicide", mindful to not expand on what those disturbed thoughts are; perhaps not wanting to end up on a physic ward.

Let's say there is other troubling evidence of a similar or worse nature not discussed yet. Can the prosecution argue successfully that Kohberger's actions are rooted in mental disorder and/or drug abuse during his teenage years/early twenties, and such evidence is pertinent to the crime, or will this older material be considered prejudicial?

Question for legal experts. The advisory in support of motion to change venue is repeat with references to "inadmissible information" that has, one way or another, found its way into the public domain

Where do Kohberger's old ezBoard/Yuku forum posts fit in this equation? (later migrated to tapatalk)

He considers himself "an organic sack of meat with no self worth," but more alarmingly, "I am starting to view everyone as this." He feels "no emotion" and "can say and do whatever I want with little remorse." He lists "crazy thoughts" alongside "nothing has a point" and "thought of suicide", mindful to not expand on what those disturbed thoughts are; perhaps not wanting to end up on a physic ward.

Let's say there is other troubling evidence of a similar or worse nature not discussed yet. Can the prosecution argue successfully that Kohberger's actions are rooted in mental disorder and/or drug abuse during his teenage years/early twenties, and such evidence is pertinent to the crime, or will this older material be considered prejudicial?
INAl so just guessing here: I'd say prejudicial, with P having a hard time arguing the relevance in evidentiary/legal terms of posts ostentiously made privately 10 years plus prior to the crime. Moo

Having not thought much about it until now, my thinking is the P is unlikely to make any attempt to enter the Tapatalk posts into evidence. That's not to say they don't present a disturbing window into BK's emotional state at the time and lead to many questions re what may have turned out differently had he somehow been able to access effective help.jmo. Then again, who knows, which is imo precisely why the posts likely cannot be legally construed as evidence in the trial. Possibly may be useful for the D during sentence mitigation arguments though. Imoo.

ETA In regards to COV am not sure where Tapatalk and similar material might come into play. I think it would be more pertinent that those matters are posed directly as questions at Voir Dire to eliminate potential jurors who have read them from sitting on the trial jury. Possible that Boise jury pool would have more citizens in that category and I guess that is what the D must be arguing in general (have yet to read the docs).

Last edited:
INAl so just guessing here: I'd say prejudicial, with P having a hard time arguing the relevance in evidentiary/legal terms of posts ostentiously made privately 10 years plus prior to the crime. Moo

Having not thought much about it until now, my thinking is the P is unlikely to make any attempt to enter the Tapatalk posts into evidence. That's not to say they don't present a disturbing window into BK's emotional state at the time and lead to many questions re what may have turned out differently had he somehow been able to access effective help.jmo. Then again, who knows, which is imo precisely why the posts likely cannot be legally construed as evidence in the trial. Possibly may be useful for the D during sentence mitigation arguments though. Imoo.

ETA In regards to COV am not sure where Tapatalk and similar material might come into play. I think it would be more pertinent that those matters are posed directly as questions at Voir Dire to eliminate potential jurors who have read them from sitting on the trial jury. Possible that Boise jury pool would have more citizens in that category and I guess that is what the D must be arguing in general (have yet to read the docs).
Has it ever been confirmed officially that BK is, in fact, the author of the Tapatalk posts? I don't remember ever having that confirmed by LE.

That's not to say they don't present a disturbing window into BK's emotional state at the time and lead to many questions re what may have turned out differently had he somehow been able to access effective help.

I would venture to guess that there are many things in BK’s past and history which would/could present a disturbing window into BK’s emotional state (not merely this time, but MANY times over). I would further surmise that the P’s investigatory team unearthed more than sufficient evidence of possible trauma suffered throughout his life and possible evidence of more nefarious acts committed by the suspect. This sets the basis, foundation, and ground rules for the case.

Most all people deal with issues in life, which invariable include similar circumstances. It’s part of the normal human condition. Yet, they do not proceed to stalk, plan, and kill any human beings. Everyone is physiologically and biologically different. Therefore, everyone processes life differently, based on seemingly infinite factors. Somehow, along the journey, BK suffered a critical breakdown resulting in a life changing period. He masked it very well, and appeared to overcome any issues which were noticeable to friends and family (No one else can discern the cracks in his veneer, save for him). In successfully FOOLING them, he grew much more confident and shocking bold in the time leading up to the murders. He celebrated any cunning acts of prowess and capability, no matter how insignificant. That is what sociopaths do best. Fool the masses. Give them an inch…

He will be in full “acting - mode” during the trial for the most part. Feigning great personal suffering and injustice, but NOT in regards to the homicides. Au contraire. He will continue to profess his innocence (another socio trait), until his dying breath. No, he won’t link or associate anything which may implicate him concerning these homicides. The four he continually, vehemently, and emphatically maintains he didn’t and couldn’t have committed (after all, he was STAR-GAZING Y’ALL ⭐️ ). He believes everyone else just fell off the turnip truck. He will be playing the full victim (to the point of over-acting) a broken justice system, over-zealous, under-qualified law enforcement, and a city intent on convicting someone for the crimes. None of this is TRUE nor FACTUAL. The opportunity to defend himself is only by proxy of fate and circumstance, as the victims can no longer speak on their own behalf. He made sure of that. But that will not stop him from following his own script and effectively beating the dead horse into the ground.

This is all just my own hypothetical opinion, but everytime I watch the clip of him entering the courtroom - shoulders slouched, trying his best to make himself smaller to the point of invisible — I want to throw up. It’s not working dude, we SEE you. He continually strives to appear more vulnerable, passive, and meek to the point of incapable of committing such acts. He plays the innocent lamb being paraded across the media and marked for slaughter. That is the narcissist in him. He still believes he is the most clever person in the room, and will “play” everyone to the HILT to win his endgame. I believe the 12 people chosen to carry this through will be MUCH smarter than he understands. They will see through the facade and come to the right conclusion based upon the evidence. Justice will be served (cold, as it always should be!).

Has it ever been confirmed officially that BK is, in fact, the author of the Tapatalk posts? I don't remember ever having that confirmed by LE.
I'm wondering the same thing too. I heard that it's not Bk's and that it's someone else and that they are not the same age as BK. But I agree, I don't remember ever having that confirmed by LE that those Tapatalk posts really are BK's

I could agree with you, if I didn't live in Moscow. It's been very challenging since the murders and a change of venue would be great for morale, not to mention my own perspective. People don't believe that they are biased, but I believe that I am and it would be very difficult to be impartial knowing what we experienced as a community.

Others might assert they can be unbiased. However, when I have seen change of venue situations elsewhere, I always have figured that the judge knows the impacts and it was the best decision for the situation and to avoid appeals. I can look at it from the reverse side of the situation, but it takes more work mentally to be comfortable. JMOO.
Thanks for your post @Chloegirl I always enjoy hearing another perspective. :)

LE have not commented that I remember. It's 100% the defendant. He has two accounts there. His other registered account has a single post.

web.archive.org/web/20060601000000*/VisualSnow.com

Interesting to read the Research page and consider the views of other forum members who felt hallucinogenic drugs may have played a role in their condition.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back