Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #190

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't even find it fascinating, to be honest.

It's the satanic panic in a horned helmet.

And the satanic panic was just the Salem witch trials with fewer bonnets.

Transparent, fake, boring, and nothing but a poor attempt to derail justice by playing on people's fears.

MOO

The paranoia it created destroyed lives. Now that the D is attempting to ride on that same scheme while testing it out on a whole new generation, IMO is the most sickening means of attempting to defend their client that I can possibly imagine. Especially because it’s based on nothing other than speculation and imagination. MOO

JP received an official government apology and a $1.3 million settlement for malicious prosecution in the '92 Satanic child sex abuse case. Yet, the former police officer says, the heinous false accusations originally made against him will be 'associated with me until I go to my grave.'

I don't even find it fascinating, to be honest.

It's the satanic panic in a horned helmet.

And the satanic panic was just the Salem witch trials with fewer bonnets.

Transparent, fake, boring, and nothing but a poor attempt to derail justice by playing on people's fears.

MOO
I hear ya, but in general, culty things tend to fascinate people. Maybe sensational would've been a better word.

I recall the santanic panic in the 1980s and ever since then, these types of theories stand out as bunk to me.

jmo

So, I am curious about the video.
It is supposed to be 43 seconds long ( I think)
We have only been allowed to see about 2 seconds, at most.
The defense doesn't want the video to be presented to the jury.
Is there something on the video, perhaps BG's hand, a view of the gun, etc. And whatever tha could be, is directly associated with Richard Allen.
Maybe his hand has a scar or a finger once broken that shows predominantly... maybe the gun has something unique?

If that is possible, would it change anyone's mind about him being on the bridge with the girls?

If it's not anything like that, does anyone have a theory about why we haven't seen it, or why the defense doesn't want the jury to see it?
I think it might be the girls, their words, getting scared, reacting to the gun and him? It was once theorized that maybe BG had a badge he flashed to get them obedient? Just a thought.

Realistically - if a juror starts to think on their own that some other guy may have done the crime, regardless of the evidence, what stops them from voting that RA is not guilty? I know it is not supposed to work this way, but what would stop someone arguing to the rest of the jury that it *could* have been someone else? I understand they're told instructions by the judge, but again, what stops them?
You might enjoy watching the movie 12 Angry Men...the original. A lot of arguing can go on in the jury room and minds can be swayed.

That’s totally OK! We are all here to discuss the case and share our opinions so I totally understand and appreciate that there are people that will have a different opinion than me. I absolutely reserve the right to be wrong LOL

It’s nice to see others thoughtful opinions on different aspects of the case and filings because it can give more food for thought and a lot more to talk about.

I’m an “on the fencer”. I just know that I personally need far more than what is publicly available in order to form any sort of opinion. There are too many coincidences for it not to be on purpose. There’s also soooo many unknowns, I can’t hitch my wagon to any one theory at this point!

MOO

I'm the type of person that likes to see two sides of a story, if possible, and when it comes to a court trial although I haven't watched many - what is presented in the way of convincing evidence and solid witnesses. Must be a fair trial and based on facts.

Maybe I'm on the fence as well as I need to be convinced beyond a doubt that the person on trial is the right one.

I assume he could just do this himself without need of his lawyers? Like, what would stop him standing up in court and just blurting out what he wants to?
If it was in front of the jury, that would be the end of that trial. If he stuck to it, then the plea gets changed. If his lawyers family talked him back down. New trial.

I'm curious as to what his relationship with "god" (whichever he subscribes to) may be at present? Has his faith always been a consistent factor in his life or did this just randomly appear one day in prison? How's his faith been since having made the "confessions"? I know we don't know - I'm just curious is all.
I think they ask that question when they do the induction interview to the prison.

I actually don't know - has he? For that matter, has he denied that he was the guy in LG's video or acknowledged it was him? Perhaps I've missed something - I've been following as and when I can, but its a ton to catch up on!
Has RA ever provided an alibi? Never have heard one mentioned by his lawyers.

Yeah, I suppose we just have to really hope that they have insurmountable evidence that it was indeed RA who marched them off that bridge. I wonder how they present this significant bit to the jury and how the D might argue against it...
Listening to RA's words of confession with all context and details ought to be pretty persuasive. MO

The paranoia it created destroyed lives. Now that the D is attempting to ride on that same scheme while testing it out on a whole new generation, IMO is the most sickening means of attempting to defend their client that I can possibly imagine. Especially because it’s based on nothing other than speculation and imagination. MOO

JP received an official government apology and a $1.3 million settlement for malicious prosecution in the '92 Satanic child sex abuse case. Yet, the former police officer says, the heinous false accusations originally made against him will be 'associated with me until I go to my grave.'
I can appreciate the sentiment behind your concerns when it comes to falsely accusing someone of a crime, and I do think that there will be a lawsuit with respect to that topic in some capacity.

With the 3rd parties, the original investigators, FBI and special task force and experts are testifying to their own work, providing reports and evidence they collected in the first years of the investigation.

We would have to defer to one of our legal experts regarding this, as they’re not making an accusation that these people are responsible. They’re highlighting the loose ends and poor quality of investigation surrounding these subjects, suggesting we can’t rule them out as an option especially since there is so much destroyed evidence and they fit the profile of the crime better. IMO

It wouldn't just be for appearing in the back of a video.

I think the state will be able to show definitively that the man in the video was the one that forced the girls off the bridge at gunpoint.

They can convict him of murder if they can prove he was Bridge Guy. If they can show that he was the one that used a gun to frighten them and take them down the hill, then it will be beyond a reasonable doubt that he was responsible for their deaths. IMO

The footage shown publically of the cell phone video - is it at the end of what Libby German was filming or the very start.

Does anyone know?

The footage shown publically of the cell phone video - is it at the end of what Libby German was filming or the very start.

Does anyone know?
We know that there was what was referred to as 'girl talk' and mention of a man, presumably the one following them, earlier, but I don't know if it was part of the same video file. The full audio was played for the families.

MOO

Does anyone know?
I am pretty sure it is close to the start. Because the next thing that happens is he says Down The Hill....but we don't know what happens next except one 'leak' seems to be that one of the girls says GUN....

I didn't say that it would make him not guilty, or even less guilty at any point? I'm only pointing out, that while a single man who may be RA is on LG's video on the bridge, it doesn't mean that this single male is the only one who was there. :) Sorry if I was unclear in any way.
Unless of course he confesses with details that he was the only one there. If he has done that, should we not believe him?

I definitely don’t know nearly enough about the laws to say what the judge will or should allow in, But I have a hard time understanding how they wouldn’t be able to talk about an investigation that spanned the first 2.5 years of the case.

It will definitely be interesting to see how the judge rules. Would a judge actually not allow the FBI agents to testify at the trial about their participation in the case?
Because RA is the man on trial, not 4 or 5 other guys that thorough investigations have cleared from being involved in the murders of Abby and Libby. It's elemental, MO

We know that there was what was referred to as 'girl talk' and mention of a man, presumably the one following them, earlier, but I don't know if it was part of the same video file. The full audio was played for the families.

MOO

It could be girls talking girls talk then noticing him followed up by Libby German swinging around to film him as he gets closer before putting the phone in her pocket, if she did.

If there is more footage and the phone isn't out in the open - audio only really.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth
Back