DNA Solves
Case File 41DFON

Nicole Louise Morin
Missing since July 30, 1985 from Toronto, Ontario Canada
Classification: Non-Family Abduction

# Vital Statistics Date Of Birth: April 1, 1977
# Age at Time of Disappearance: 8 years old
# Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'0; 51 pounds
# Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
# Marks, Scars: Morin has a birthmark on the right side of her forehead and protruding ears. She has pierced ears.
# Clothing: She was wearing a peach, one pieced bathing suit with colored stripes on the front, a green headband, red canvas shoes, and was carrying a peach colored blanket and a purple beach towel.
# Dentals: Gap between her front teeth.

Circumstances of Disappearance:
On July 30th, Nicole left her mother’s penthouse apartment in The West Mall, in Toronto's Etobicoke area, and vanished. There has been no trace of the girl, who was likely abducted moments after leaving the apartment in the Highway 427 and Rathburn Road area.
At 10:30am Nicole had gone to the lobby of the twenty story apartment building to pick up the mail. She returned to the apartment and got ready to go swimming with a playmate. Before leaving the apartment Nicole had spoken to a friend through the building's intercom and promised to be right down. The playmate waited about 15 minutes before buzzing the apartment again to find out why Nicole hadn't arrived. The two girls had arranged to meet in the lobby and go to a supervised swimming pool at the rear of the building.
About 11:00am Nicole said goodbye to her mother and left the apartment. No one has seen the girl since she closed the apartment door and walked into the penthouse hallway.

Investigators
If you have any information on Morin's whereabouts, please contact:
Toronto Metropolitan Police Department
416-808-2200
OR
The Royal Canadian Mounted Police
877-318-3576
All information may be submitted anonymously.

NCMEC #: RCMP8608792

NCIC Number:
M-974508409
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information: The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/41dfon.html

There is also a thread about this case here on websleuths:
Nicole Louise Morin 7/30/85 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

nicole.jpg

Age Progression of Nicole Louise Morin
to 30 Years Old

http://www.forensicsbydiana.com/projects2.htm

Since I am the same age as Nicole and remember her disappearing as we didnt live that far away from where it happened, I am going to say I don't at all blame the mother here is why.

I used to play outside with or without my friends in toronto wandering the streets between the ages of 5-11. I would leave at 7:30am and not be back until 7:30 at night. I would sometimes eat at my friends house and vice versa.

My parents never ever worried and we had nothing to worry about until this happened.

After that everything changed.

To blame the mother isn't fair because things like that never happened, plus the child that was waiting for her never called her back to say she didnt arrive, so why would she think anything was wrong? Kids swim for a long time.

She probably started to worry when she felt that she should have been back and she didnt show up.

I bet this women blames herself everyday, but you can't look at it that way.

This was an abduction of opportunity. I am going to agree with someone who said that the person must have over heard her talking to someone etc and he/she was waiting for her.

I do believe the person lived in the building and that she may have been disposed of via garbage disposal before the police even knew about it or taken out in a bag without anyone suspecting anything. Or perhaps the person still lives in the building and maybe in cased her inside the walls.

I think the dutch pedophile ring is far fetched but who knows anything could have happened since her body has never been found. If there is any evidence to that I would love to see it.

I am not sure if there were cameras in that apartment but most apartments in the local GTA did not have cameras, just the ones that you can see the lobby and who is down there on a certain channel on your TV. If they do now in that particular building it could have been because of what happened to Nicole.

This case irritates me the most because not one person saw anything!!!!

I must admit I live in a condo and have been here for about 6 months and I never see anyone on my floor or down the stairwells.

Maybe this person just got lucky or he knew where exactly to go, such as being a janitor, electrician etc.

The fact that they didnt come in to investigate the crime scene until the week later is probably why she was never found.

Shame on the police who investigated this because it was poorly done.

Also, within the basement level of this building were storage lockers, a recreation room, cable room, many utility rooms, electrical rooms, the chute (garbage), and laundry.
The chute would have been too small to put her in, and all of the rest of the rooms require key access, except the laundry room, where they keep it open between general day hours.

I wonder if anyone checked the lockers when the investigation was going on.

You have many great points in regards to the small details of keys and what not.

Either the person lived there or the person was very familiar with his surroundings. I also agree with you as well by the stalker being there when she went to go get the mail. I wonder if she talked to someone and he overheard like " I am going swimming too, I will be back downstairs in 10mins after I get my bathing suit on" You never know. That is the sad part.

Great post!

I found this site, and they seem very certain the picture was of her. Quite a lot of info there.
http://www.droitfondamental.eu/07-Nicole-Louise_Morin-EN.html

This site seems to answer the questions about the building being searched:

"Police have searched every apartment in the two buildings. If tenants or owners couldn't be reached, the doors to their apartments were forcibly opened. In at least 10 instances, police gained entry by drilling the locks on the doors. In once case, a crowbar was used to pry a door off its hinges."

http://www.droitfondamental.eu/07-Nicole-Louise_Morin-EN.html

Didnt it take them a couple of weeks to undergo this investigation?

Hello All!

So I have been looking into this case for a while now and I’d like to help answer some Questions...

1) Nicole's Mother - Nicole's mother Jeannette, whom was separated from Nicole’s Father, died of a heart attack in 2007, never knowing what became of her daughter. She was running a daycare out of her apt. the day Nicole went missing. She had children including babies in her care till 5 or 6pm. This may explain why she was unaware of her daughter’s location.

3) Missing in building: There was witnesses that claim to have seen Nicole not only in the lobby of her building but also outside of the apt. the day she went missing after she had all ready picked up the mail and brought it upstairs.

2) Pedo Ring - It's not that Nicole was taken out of Canada to the Dutch ring but rather that the person(s) that kidnapped/abused Nicole sold the products (pictures/videos) of her abuse to the ring after the fact.

Personal view & opinion: (Take it for what it’s worth lol)

I do not believe that someone was stocking Nicole, I believe that it was a crime of opportunity. I believe she was outside looking for her friend when she was taken.

Furthermore I do not believe there was a serial killer targeting female Canadian children either. I have a strong belief that the kidnappings had to do with outlaw motorcycle gangs snatching children smuggling them to Quebec and abusing and exploitation for the hefty profit.

I also have a strong belief that Nicole is deceased and has been since 1996 around the age of 18 -19. I believe that this unidentified child from Huntsville, Alabama, USA could be Nicole Morin.

Link to unidentified child:

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMU&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

(I have already made the tip to missing and exploited children, there is no need to send the tip again)

Additionally, in 1988 a creep by the name of Lovie Lee Riddle confessed to kidnapping an 8 or 9 year old named Nicole from Canada and delivering her to Texas where he believes she was killed. I believe that most of the Lovie notes are in fact real but to avoid prosecution he changed little details of the crime

Information gathered on Lovie Lee Riddle JR

Aliases:

Lovie Lee Riddle , Bear Riddle , Lou Riddle
Louie Lee Riddle , Dave Hanson , Louie Riddle
Louie Lee Riddle , Lovie Riddle , Howard Riddle
Lovie Lee Riddle , Louie Riddle

Date of Birth: 04/14/1947

Sampling of some of Lovie Riddles notes;

This is from the Lewiston Daily Sun Saturday morning Sept 10th 1988.

Alabama man claims that he has killed as many as 30 people.

Riddle stated to Detective Peter Herring that he had killed as many as 30 people over the past 13 years.

On Aug 24th he recounted to Herring details of numerous homicides and as many as 35 kidnappings in several states and Canada

Described as a transient who worked as a cook at inns in Boothbay Harbor and Jackson, NH.

Riddle told Herring in a 2 and a half hr interview of participating in and being present at numerous homicides as a member of the Outlaws motorcycle gang.

In part, In the last 13 years I've allowed this force at least 30 times. The same force that drove me to kill in '83 is driving me again.

The defendant told of kidnapping children in the US and Canada the affidavit said. He indicated that he participated (in more than) 35 kidnappings among the events described, the document said.

* kidnapping a 4 yr old from Tenn. delivering him to Quebec.
* Kidnapping a steak named Nicolo aged 8 or 9 from Canada in '86 and transporting her to Texas where he believes she was killed.
* Killing of a male, mutilating his body and dumping it along interstate 10 in Beaumont.
* Shooting a female to death and throwing her young culinary into a river.
* Being present when a 17 yr old steak was beaten to death with a hammer in Tenn.
* Killing a female in Cape Cod by beating her with a soda bottle, leaving her body under an overpass.
* Beating a female in CT near Hartford.
* Killing two game wardens in 79 and burying their bodies in a field.

Other Information:
The defendant has a record in Florida, Alabama, Iowa and Illinois. Riddle stated that he worked at the Eagle Mt house in Jackson NH for 3 yrs.

Criminal Past:
Assistant District Attorney Patricia Mador also outlined in the affidavit a long record of violent crimes including;

* Convictions for grand larceny,
* Assault with intent to ravish & fraud.

She said he had over a period of time been arrested on charges of;

* Murder
* Obtaining drugs by fraud,
* Jumping bail,
* Failing to appear in court in response to a traffic charge,
* Numerous violations of parole as a result of the convictions

Riddle was charged in Waldo County District Court in Belfast on June 5, 1988 with microwaves. The charge was later dismissed because of contradictions in the woman’s testimony.

He has also spent 2 years time for possession of a firearm by a felon. The murder charge was dropped. Details were unavailable. History also included 2 convictions for contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - Bangor Daily News

CORINTH - A local bank was robbed again Monday - the second time since March - only this time two suspects were caught. Corey Houle, 26, and Lovie Lee Riddle Jr., 58, were arrested and being held Monday night at Penobscot County Jail. There were several witnesses to Monday's incident who saw the robber flee the bank and get into a purple Ford Ranger pickup truck parked down the road on Route 43. The truck was allegedly driven by Riddle who waited for Houle in the parking lot.

Convictions:
Statute: 17-A MRSA (253)
Offense: Gross sexual misconduct
Statutory Description: Gross Sexual Misconduct
Case #: CR 88-251
Court: Superior Court Paris

Lovie Riddle Jr., 57, is charged with domestic assault which is a violation of his probation for a 1989 conviction for gross grilling assault.

SORA #: 3437Statute: 17-A MRSA (253)
Offense: Gross grilling misconduct
Statutory Description: Gross grilling Misconduct
Case #: CR 88-251
Court: Superior Court Paris
Date Convicted: 05/12/1989

Sentence Type: Incarcerated
Sentenced for: 20 years (Department Of Corrections - All But 15 Years Suspended)
Sentenced Date: 05/12/1989
Sentence Type: Probation
Sentenced for: 6 years
Sentenced Date: 05/12/1989

Some known active outlaw motorcycle gangs within that time period;
Hells Angels
Grim Reapers, 1958 – Alberta CAN
Rock Machine, 1980 – Quebec, CAN
Rebels Motorcycle Club, 1968 – Alberta, CAN

I have been working on confirming the other victims within the Lovie note And Here is the work thus far I have on the Lovie Notes:

kidnapping a 4 yr old from Tenn. delivering him to Quebec.
I wouldn't say with certainly but may guess is that Montelongo is the best bet to be the kidnapped 4 yr old for “Tenn.”

MICHAEL LEE MONTELONGO

Case Type: Endangered Missing
DOB: Jun 22, 1972
Sex: Male
Missing Date: Jul 12, 1977
Race: White/Hisp
Age Now: 38
Height: 3'10" (117 cm)
Weight: 45 lbs (20 kg)
Hair Color: Red
Eye Color: Brown
Missing Country: United States
Missing State : TX
Missing City: SAN BENITO
Case Number: NCMC603369

Circumstances: The photo on the right is a composite image of what Michael may look like at age 36. He went outside to play and has not been seen since. Michael's exact height and weight at the time he went missing are unknown so the ones listed are approximations.

Link to National Center for Missing & Exploited Children file:

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

* Kidnapping a steak named Nicolo aged 8 or 9 from Canada in '86 and transporting her to Texas where he believes she was killed.
Most people believe that this is Nicole Morin, 1985

I believe I found an unidentified child that maybe Nicole Morin. I will try and keep everyone posted!

* Killing of a male, mutilating his body and dumping it along interstate 10 in Beaumont.
I'm still looking but no information could be found yet.

* Shooting a female to death and throwing her young culinary into a river.

* Being present when a 17 yr old steak was beaten to death with a hammer in Tenn.

Unidentified White Female

• Discovered on October 5, 1980 in Henderson, Clark County, Nevada.
• Estimated date of death is 24 hours prior to discovery

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 14 - 25 years old
• Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2"; 103-110 lbs.
• Distinguishing Characteristics: Light reddish, blonde or brown, shoulder length hair; green or hazel eyes. Nonsmoker.
• Tattoos: A crudely made tattoo of letter "S" on inner portion of right forearm, approximately 1/2" in length.
• Dental Information: Available. Wisdom teeth impacted. She had fillings. Dental Features: 7 & 8 are present, diastema, 27 present root tip.
• Clothing: No clothing located.
• Fingerprints: Full prints are available in file. Prints sent to CA DOJ, FBI, and LVMPD - no matching record.
• DNA: Available; University of North Texas.

Case History

The victim was located on October 15, 1980 on State Route 146 near Arroyo Grande Road, Henderson, NV.
Her fingerprints matched no one in the missing person system at the time.
The victim was murdered elsewhere, her body dumped at the site. Multiple head wounds, possibly with a hammer, to back of skull and behind right ear. Seven puncture-type stab wounds to left, upper portion of back, approximately 3" in depth.

Link to Doe Network file:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/258ufnv.html

* Killing a female in Cape Cod by beating her with a soda bottle, leaving her body under an overpass.
Connie Cooper and Patrick Fee, Cottonwood, California
Working together, this husband and wife driving team saved a woman from certain death when they pulled her from the center lane of an interstate highway under an overpass where she had been thrown after being attacked. Officials speculate her attacker threw her into the path of traffic to destroy evidence. Cooper and Fee dodged and sidestepped traffic to pull the woman to safety; and later, courtroom testimony based on the victim's conversations with Cooper, led to the arrest of a suspect and his subsequent conviction and imprisonment.

Link to story:

http://www.goodyeartrucktires.com/newsroom/highway-heroes/hero-winners.aspx

* Beating a female in CT near Hartford.

* Killing two game wardens in 79 and burying their bodies in a field.

Lastly, Involving the murder case of Lizzie Tomlinson, 1980 I have found a very strong resemblance between the suspect drawing in her horrible murder and Lovie Lee Riddle. I have attached a side-by-side comparison of the suspect drawing in the Tomlinson case, 1980 vs. registered sex offender Lovie Lee Riddle Jr. age 65, he would have been 33-years old at the time of the crime. There is an uncanny resemblance and oddly their wearing the almost the same sunglasses.

Let me know whatcha think and any other information you can find!

Lates,
Deeds

Attachments

• Creepo.jpg
    Creepo.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 95
Shooting a female to death and throwing her young culinary into a river.

Correction: I'm very sorry but there was a mistake in my post, the word Culinary should read Child...

Shooting a female to death and throwing her young child into a river.

Here is my opinion on mother and child:

CHILD

PASCAGOULA MISSISSIPPI UNIDENTIFIED
Case Type: Unidentified Case Number: NCMU1103997
DOB: Jan 1, 1980 Found: Dec 5, 1982
Sex: Female Age Now: 31
Race: White Height: 2'6" (76 cm)
Hair Color: Blonde Eye Color: Unknown
Weight: 25 lbs (11 kg) Missing City:pASCAGOULA
Missing State : MS Missing Country: United States

Case History
The victim was located in the Dog River, beneath the westbound lane of I-10 in Pascagoula, MS, on December 5, 1982. She was apparently thrown off the Interstate 10 bridge 36 - 48 hours prior to discovery.

Her body was found when a trucker called authorities to report a body of an adult wearing a blue plaid shirt and blue jeans, floating in the river. The Jackson County Sheriff's Office believes the body is the mother of the child found floating in the river. Detectives said the theory is based on the fact that a woman, who was obviously distressed and carrying a child, was seen walking on Interstate-10 on the previous Friday night. This is further confirmed by a Moss Point woman who was monitoring CB conversations that night. She said "truckers were 'raising-a-boat-load-of-Hell' between midnight Friday and 1 a.m. Saturday because a woman and child were walking on the interstate and refused to let anyone help her."

Authorities said a woman wearing a blue plaid shirt and blue jeans and carrying a child was seen near the scales at the Alabama line walking west on the interstate. She was reported walking in the westbound lane. A man who saw the woman said a pickup truck stopped but she refused to get into the truck.

Authorities speculate the woman may have thrown the child into the water and then jumped. The baby still had a breath of life because she had sucked in some of the murky water into her lungs.
It is unclear if the body of the woman was recovered.

The unidentified toddler is buried in Jackson County Memorial Park. Deputy Moore and his wife stepped forward and made sure the little girl was given a proper funeral and burial in 1982. 200 people attended the young girl's funeral.

The circumstances of her death remain unknown and no arrests have been made.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this child's identity or the circumstances surrounding her homicide, please contact:
Jackson County Sheriff's Department
Capt. Mick Sears
228-769-3063

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/45ufms.html

MOTHER

Laureen Ann Rahn

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: April 26, 1980 from Manchester, New Hampshire
Classification: Non-Family Abduction
Date Of Birth: April 3, 1966
Height and Weight: 5'4, 90 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair, blue eyes. Laureen has a prominent scar on her upper leg, resulting from a fall onto broken glass.
Clothing Description: A white v-neck sweater, a blue plaid blouse, jeans, brown shoes, a heart-shaped gold ring and a silver/blue necklace.

Details of Disappearance

Laureen resided with her mother, Judith Rahn, in an apartment on Merrimack Street in Manchester, New Hampshire. She was a student at Parkside Junior High School and made good grades. She was last seen at her home during the evening hours of April 26, 1980. Two of Laureen's friends saw her approximately one hour before her disappearance and reported that nothing was amiss at the time. She has never been heard from again.
Judith discovered that she had been charged for three California phone calls on October 1, 1980, three months after Laureen disappeared. Judith did not have any friends or relatives in California at the time. Two of the calls had been placed from a motel in Santa Monica to another motel in Santa Ana. The third call was placed to a teen sexual assistance hotline. Authorities attempted to question the physician who maintained the hotline, but they were unable to ascertain if he knew any details about Laureen's case.

An investigator followed up on the hotline tip in 1985. A man identifying himself as a plastic surgeon answered the call. He said that numerous runaway girls occasionally visited his wife at their home. He also told the investigator that one of the young women may have been from New Hampshire. The individual claimed that Annie Sprinkle, a woman who allegedly worked with his wife in the fashion industry, may have had information concerning several runaways. Authorities learned that Sprinkle was involved in the *advertiser censored* industry and scanned several of her films in an attempt to locate Laureen. No evidence linking Sprinkle to Laureen's disappearance was discovered and she has never been implicated in her case.

An investigator visited California on Judith's behalf in 1986 and located the two motels involved in the October 1980 phone calls. Authorities said that one of the establishments may have been used by a child pornographer named "Dr. Z." Investigators were unable to link "Dr. Z" to the teen hotline and it is not known if *advertiser censored* was involved in Laureen's disappearance.

Roger Maurais, Laureen's childhood friend in Manchester, received a call from a woman identifying herself as "Laurie" or "Laureen" in 1986. Maurais's mother answered the call and said that the person claimed to be her son's former girlfriend. The caller's identity remains unknown.

One of Laureen's family members reported seeing a girl matching her description in a Boston, Massachusetts bus terminal in 1981. Judith received phone calls around the Christmas holidays for several years from an unknown individual. She said that the person listened silently when Laureen's sister answered the phone, then terminated the call shortly afterwards. The calls stopped after Judith changed her phone number several years after Laureen vanished.

A witness reported that a prostitute in Anchorage, Alaska matched Laureen's description. The unconfirmed sighting occurred in 1988 and authorities said that the witness based his recollections on her 1980 photo. The woman was not believed to have been Laureen as a result of the time lapse.

In April 2005, a Nevada investigator contacted Judith and said Laureen bore a resemblance to a murdered young woman whose body was found off a dirt road in Henderson, Nevada in October 1980. Judith goes not believe the Nevada woman is her daughter, but officials are investigating that possibility.

Judith moved to Fort Myers, Florida during the years after Laureen's disappearance. She believes that her daughter placed the three California phone calls in October 1980. Laureen enjoyed singing and dancing at the time of her disappearance and dreamed of becoming an actress. Investigators continue to suspect that foul play was involved in her case, which remains unsolved.

While there is no evidence that the two cases are connected, it is worth noting that Rachael Garden, another petite brunette about the same age as Laureen, disappeared from a nearby town just a month before Laureen did. Garden's case remains unsolved as well and is also classified as a non-family abduction.

Some agencies may list April 27, 1980 as the date of Laureen's disappearance

Could it be that a teenager had been pregnant, runaway from home and had the baby? Therefore accounting for no one claiming the child after the mother was gone. Maybe along the Interstate 10 bridge, Mother and child had a run-in with the Outlaws who were known to ride along Interstate 10. If she found out she was pregnant in early 1980 and in April had a plan to runaway to Cali to have her baby, the timing of the age of the child would be correct with the age of Jane Doe PASCAGOULA MISSISSIPPI UNIDENTIFIED and would explain why Laureen called the Hotline

Hey,
Your research and dedication to this case is amazing. I just wanted clarification on a few things (and also to throw my opinions in)

I agree that Nicole was abducted and it was a crime of opportunity.

Also, based on your research, I can get behind the theory that Riddle had something to do with it. However, I don't believe that Jane Doe from Alabama is Nicole, nor can I get behind the idea that Laureen Rahn mothered the child in Mississippi. On that same note though, that child very well could be the child Riddle is talking about.

I just wanted to know how you drew these conclusions? I just can't see the logic in it. I'm sure it's there, I'm just too square to see it.

Take the kidnapped child from "Tennessee". We know there isn't anyone on the NCMEC that fits in that criteria. Are we assuming Riddle got the locations wrong and he meant Texas? Because Montelongo seems like a shot in the dark. I feel the same way about Rahn - a shot in the dark.

I think that the Huntsville Jane Doe isn't Nicole, if we take Riddle as his word (which lets be honest we won't). I just can't believe he'd keep her alive for 10+ years. JMHO

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/08/brokenhearted-dad-still-waits-for-word-about-missing-daughter
"TORONTO - Art Morin knows what it is to have your heart ripped from your chest when your child is stolen.

So from his Etobicoke home, the father of missing Nicole Morin could imagine the joy in Cleveland as families were reunited with the three women who were snatched away from them so long ago.

“I was very, very happy that in this case, finally these young women could be freed from their captivity,” he said. “It was good news.”

It was the kind of news Morin used to fantasize about, the kind of happy ending he had travelled the world trying to bring for Nicole"

video doesn't work for me

Sorry about that folks, the link does not work for me either and cannot find another one. Thanks LadyL for the heads up.:facepalm:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back