GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her room mate won't allow us to, need the local police to go over there, but its been a week now and they still have not nor spoken to the room mate (according to them friday)

This makes me very suspicious of the roommate. Is he into drugs, scared you'd find something he doesn't want you to see? Might also explain the missing tapestry, maybe he wanted to sell it, even if it's not worth much.

Whose name is on the lease? Jenna's or the roommate's? Maybe you should take the PI or a lawyer with you to talk to that guy.

This is very worrying imo.

Definitely looking at this now from a trafficking stand point

She had a job back in Feb at the pet store but we found out through a friend she had been fired for theft at the store. Which is really not like her.
We found out large sums of money had been taken in total from various times from her register. She was arrested, and through the court case, we were able to have the sentence reduced to a misdemeanor. She would not tell us where the money went and that she was "framed" by a manager.
I am starting to think that maybe she did do this and paid one of these guys with the money.

She had been seeing a career coach / counselor every week as well to help get her on track to finding a new job and working with her mental illness / minor autism to help with work skills

Time line wise.
We know she left a friends place at 11pm friday to go home according to him
At 2 am (saturday) she sent a text to a friend saying she was laying down

I called at around 9:30 am and showed up at the house approx 10:30 am with the lights and tv still on

bolded by me (bbm)
So she was accused of theft at her workplace and now this tapestry is missing. I think either someone is putting pressure on her to give them money/valuables, or she (sorry to say) has developed a drug habit herself.

Is she romantically involved with someone?

If running down the trafficker angle, I could see someone overseeing that type of operation to have a sense of entitlement in all areas. If they're going to snatch someone's daughter out of thin air, they're not going to hesitate to take something off the wall if it happens to appeal to them.

They could've decided they simply liked this tapestry's design and it's now hanging in their living room. Either that or it was brought to that person as an additional offering. That level of criminal is probably not out there trying to sell art. They make enough money selling people. There is a modern day slave trade taking place on the Internet for all to see and nothing is being done to shut it down.

Also, from what I've read, these people are master manipulators so there's no telling what promises they make and lies they tell to get vulnerable girls involved. She might've been threatened not to tell family/friends and maybe she was scared once she realized what was going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I, too, am feeling very anxious about the roommate. That place needs to be searched ASAP. I would be beating that door down.

Is Jenna the type that could be manipulated by this roommate? The theft was very unlike her...could he have forced her into it?

bolded by me (bbm)
So she was accused of theft at her workplace and now this tapestry is missing. I think either someone is putting pressure on her to give them money/valuables, or she (sorry to say) has developed a drug habit herself.

Is she romantically involved with someone?
She would never tell us. All we really know is that she had a friend that she saw last Friday the one she left at 11pm to go home . He claims she wanted a relationship but he did not knowing the theft issue.

A friend was able to confirm that she back in Feb was on and off with another guy who was violent , but again she would not tell us who and that it was done and never happening again .

We tracked this phone no I found on metro to a.number that showed up a lot jan - March and then died off around when she said it was finished . Was also was around the time of the supposed theft

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Yes, I, too, am feeling very anxious about the roommate. That place needs to be searched ASAP. I would be beating that door down.

Is Jenna the type that could be manipulated by this roommate? The theft was very unlike her...could he have forced her into it?
Potentially yes, with her type of minor autism she can easily be manipulated and doesn't realize what she is doing is bad. However she always always said that she would never do drugs and would say it in a pretty big tone

Her room mate won't allow us to, need the local police to go over there, but its been a week now and they still have not nor spoken to the room mate (according to them friday)
So she's been missing a week and no one (friends nor family nor LE) have checked or visited her home?

Male roommate that won't allow a search? Huge red flag. HUGE. There should be a warrant to search immediately.

Male roommate that won't allow a search? Huge red flag. HUGE. There should be a warrant to search immediately.

When did she move in with this roommate? I may have missed it, but does it coincide with the thefts, 2nd mobile number??

Is the person she went out with up to March a former workmate? Is the roommate a different person to that. How long has Jenna lived at this latest address? E.g. did she move in after she lost her job?
It sounds to me like she is vulnerable especially since she lost her job and may have little income. IMO LE should be able to visit the apartment to check this out. What is the name of the investigating officer and missing persons case number (if there is one). Have LE made any official statements? So sorry for all these questions, but locating Jenna is a priority and it needs to be eliminated whether she is in her apartment against her will or not. I hope LE can do that for you.

ETA Adot0902 . Just noticed I have similar questions as yours.

Is the person she went out with up to March a former workmate? Is the roommate a different person to that. How long has Jenna lived at this latest address? E.g. did she move in after she lost her job?
It sounds to me like she is vulnerable especially since she lost her job and may have little income. IMO LE should be able to visit the apartment to check this out. What is the name of the investigating officer and missing persons case number (if there is one). Have LE made any official statements? So sorry for all these questions, but locating Jenna is a priority and it needs to be eliminated whether she is in her apartment against her will or not. I hope LE can do that for you.

ETA Adot0902 . Just noticed I have similar questions as yours.

No worries, that is just confirmation it's a good question. I'm wondering if she didn't have some financial help, the job coach, keeping her apartment after she was fired months ago, sounds like she had a private attorney to get the charges plead down..... I just don't get the theft if she had access to financial help from friends and family. Maybe I'm wrong, but it just seems odd that someone who worked as a cashier at a Pet Store had enough savings for a lawyer,months of rent in what seems to be a more affluent area and was paying bills (the 2nd phone line).....

Jumping in here late but this is so bizarre. I hope that she is found soon!

I do have an Instagram account tied to the number I found last night just not sure if it is wise to post it publicly

Nope not yet :/

It sounds as if Jenna is involved with someone who is taking advantage of her. The roommate def has something to hide, otherwise he would have allowed a search. It may not be something directly linked to Jenna's disappearance. Maybe drugs were being sold or some other illegal activity. Bet whatever it is, he's real busy getting rid of evidence.

Is LE taking this case seriously in your opinion?

It sounds as if Jenna is involved with someone who is taking advantage of her. The roommate def has something to hide, otherwise he would have allowed a search. It may not be something directly linked to Jenna's disappearance. Maybe drugs were being sold or some other illegal activity. Bet whatever it is, he's real busy getting rid of evidence.

Is LE taking this case seriously in your opinion?
This morning with this new info it seems so now they are taking it more seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member