NH NH - Allenstown, Adult Female & 3 Children, found Nov'85 & May'00

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All thou many years have passed one would think there would be some trace of DNA evidence of the A4 victims. LE only stated the ground was disturbed many things could have played a factor in the reason the ground was disturbed over a 30 year time span. But whom knows anything is possible

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You bring up a good point, Gardener. Let's say TR/RE buried & stored the bodies for any length of time in the cellar on Hayward St before putting them in the barrels, I imagine there would be dirt all through the plastic and maybe on the bodies.If they were stored in the barrels the whole time, it would be minimal, if non-existent. That's my line of thinking, anyway.

Possibly and perhaps forensics could tell the difference between dirt from the floor of the house and dirt from the park. However, from what I understand the barrels had rusted open when found. Being exposed to the elements rain and snow could have entered the barrels and deposited dirt on the plastic that way. We also don't know what extent the plastic might have degraded from the elements.

Possibly and perhaps forensics could tell the difference between dirt from the floor of the house and dirt from the park. However, from what I understand the barrels had rusted open when found. Being exposed to the elements rain and snow could have entered the barrels and deposited dirt on the plastic that way. We also don't know what extent the plastic might have degraded from the elements.

Pictures of the first barrel. In the second picture of the first barrel, it almost looks closed up, but I'm guessing the bottom is on the left hand side of the picture, the other end looks like a lid is on it. IMHO, the first barrel looks like it hasn't been outside for a long time. There's hardly any rust and it's still very shiny. I don't know what the composition of the drums are, or what the rate of oxidation would be for them.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Second barrel (below)
attachment.php

Attachments

• barrel.jpg
    barrel.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 247
  • barrel2.jpg
    barrel2.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 245
  • barrel1.jpg
    barrel1.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 250
Pictures of the first barrel. In the second picture of the first barrel, it almost looks closed up, but I'm guessing the bottom is on the left hand side of the picture, the other end looks like a lid is on it. IMHO, the first barrel looks like it hasn't been outside for a long time. There's hardly any rust and it's still very shiny. I don't know what the composition of the drums are, or what the rate of oxidation would be for them.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Second barrel (below)
attachment.php

The first does look like it is pretty good shape. I see spots that look like oxidation on the inside. Perhaps I have misunderstood something from reading about the discovery but was the end open when the hunter found it? I had assumed these barrels had some kind of lid that eroded in the elements revealing the contents but now that I see a clearer picture of the first one, it looks like they could have been open barrel drums all along?

The first does look like it is pretty good shape. I see spots that look like oxidation on the inside. Perhaps I have misunderstood something from reading about the discovery but was the end open when the hunter found it? I had assumed these barrels had some kind of lid that eroded in the elements revealing the contents but now that I see a clearer picture of the first one, it looks like they could have been open barrel drums all along?

This is from a 2013 article in the Union Leader:
http://www.unionleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130210/NEWS03/130219950&template=mobileart
[FONT=&amp]On Nov. 10, 1985, a hunter found an overturned 55-gallon metal drum in the woods near Bear Brook State Park. The remains of a woman aged 23 to 33 and a girl aged 5 to 11 - which could be her daughter or sister - wrapped together in plastic were spilled onto the ground. The victims had been beaten to death.[/FONT]
It sounds like he found it on its side, with the lid off, but who knows how long it could have been like that. The bottom appears a little rusty in the second picture, so I'm thinking it may have originally been upright.

ETA: I found this on another site from a 2009 WMUR article but the page is no longer available:
In November 1985, a hunter found a tipped-over, 55-gallon drum near Bear Brook State Park, not far from a burned-down convenience store.

Here is another bit from a 2015 Globe article posted on the Never Forget Me FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/WeWontForgetThem/photos/?tab=album&album_id=902901203057251
— Thirty years ago, children playing in the woods bordering Bear Brook State Park found the heavy steel drum and made a game of rolling it around the towering pine trees. They abandoned it when the cover popped off, dumping a trash bag onto the ground. Some days later, on Nov. 10, 1985, hunters stumbled upon the scene and discovered that the tattered plastic covered the naked, partially dismembered, and decomposing bodies of a young woman and little girl. Investigators learned the pair were beaten to death but were unable to identify them. By 2

Here is another bit from a 2015 Globe article posted on the Never Forget Me FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/WeWontForgetThem/photos/?tab=album&album_id=902901203057251

Wow! SO that explains how the lid came off. Thanks Alley, I've never read that before about the children. I had just read about the hunter finding it with the contents visible and it upset him so much he didn't go back in the woods for years. I'm sort of thankful those children didn't see what was in the barrels.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Second barrel (below)
attachment.php

That isn't hard to miss in picture one in its shiny condition. Even a quick search of the area would reveal the second one in that state. It would be interesting to see how long it would take to break one of those down. What's the likelihood the second on was dumped later? I just can't imagine LE missing that second big shiny barrel the first time around.

What I don't understand is that after finding the remains in 1985, there were still several barrels on the property in 1997:
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Town officials [/FONT]wanted the [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Bear [FONT=&quot]B[/FONT]rook Store[/FONT] [/FONT]property [FONT=&quot]cleaned up and there [FONT=&quot]was[/FONT] a[FONT=&quot] Danger Notice [/FONT]attached to the 1997 tax record for map 407, Lot 023 that stated "Posted Unfit." The following year[FONT=&quot], an assessment card states "mobile home uni[FONT=&quot]n[/FONT]habitable" and "vacant vandalized." It is chilling in hindsight to read the[FONT=&quot] accompanying[/FONT] dump site report[FONT=&quot] which [/FONT][FONT=&quot]lists[FONT=&quot]: [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]abandoned vehicle Chrysler 4 door sedan (rust), HTG appliance (illegible), enclosure falling down, with wires and pipes, several 55 gallon drums some with trash in them, construction debris, old machines (axles, lawnmowers) strewn about, approx. 30 feet in from the road.
http://oakhillresearch.blogspot.com/

What happened to the rest of the barrels on that property-- were they checked or were they just hauled off to a landfill?

That isn't hard to miss in picture one in its shiny condition. Even a quick search of the area would reveal the second one in that state. It would be interesting to see how long it would take to break one of those down. What's the likelihood the second on was dumped later? I just can't imagine LE missing that second big shiny barrel the first time around.

All I can conclude is that they must not have searched the other barrels in 1985. This is the picture I have always seen of the second barrel:

metal%2Bdrum%2B2000.png

By 2000, the barrel appears to have rusted quite a bit more than the first and lost the shine. I can believe it was out in the park for close to 20 years.

All I can conclude is that they must not have searched the other barrels in 1985. This is the picture I have always seen of the second barrel:

metal%2Bdrum%2B2000.png

By 2000, the barrel appears to have rusted quite a bit more than the first and lost the shine. I can believe it was out in the park for close to 20 years.
They searched a certain radius from where the first barrel was found, but the second barrel was outside that radius.

The photos make it look kind of open under the trees, but usually what you're seeing is several seasons of fallen leaves and branches and things are usually covered quite soon. It wouldn't have been buried completely but it probably wouldn't have been very obvious either.

I seem to remember press mentions that the condition of the barrels was one of the reasons they thought they hadn't been there that long, but the forensic evaluation gave earlier dates. I guess that would point to the bodies being elsewhere for a while.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I didn't see her missing children listed in NamUs. Interesting.

Whoa. Last seen with a boyfriend, 2 children, the year makes sense, and a tie to the name Elizabeth...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Additionally, she’s from Ohio and I know testing showed they were likely from the Midwest. I wonder if she was recently entered because of the recent publicity. Maybe all the recent coverage of Terry Rasmussen jogged someone’s memory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members