CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else question why parents are held on 9 counts of torture and 10 counts of ?abuse? I'm thinking they were
only torturing 9 of the children and maybe doing something else to 10 of them.
I also wonder if the older 9or 10 weren't getting the worst of the abuse and maltreatment and the younger 3 or 4 were
still being fed and treated decently. But the parents HATED the older ones who were harder to control.

Is it too far fetched to think maybe the parents were going to take out (KILL) all the older ones and just keep a couple young ones? Maybe some of the kids knew about this plan and told the others. So maybe the 17 yr. old wasn't exxagerating whern she said her parents would "KILL" her if they caught her escaping.

Sounds to me like David Turpin's mother is in denial and has been in denial about her son for a very, very long time.

But there's also the fact that you can't be in denial about what you don't see. Six years ago (even 3 yrs ago) those kids didn't look as bad as they probably do now. Photos were in circulation that were not immediately alarming then--even the Elvis impersonator, who saw the kids in person as late as 2015, said they were skinny, but he had no inkling or sense of abuse concerning them. (Sad that the Elvis impersonator saw more if her grandkids than she did.)

It's probably good to remember, too, that she's 81. That puts some of her comments about family appearances ('good Christian family') into perspective (for me, at least). She speaks from the era in which she's lived.

Let's hope the 17 yr old who fled is kept away from her siblings who may be angry or resentful. Seems they didn't talk to anyone outside the family. I think the parents would go after this youngster too.

Sadly so many abused children still love and long for their abusers. It’s all they know. It’s gonna take a long, long time, if ever, for some of these children to recover.

But there's also the fact that you can't be in denial about what you don't see. Six years ago (even 3 yrs ago) those kids didn't look as bad as they probably do now. Photos were in circulation that were not immediately alarming then--even the Elvis impersonator, who saw the kids in person as late as 2015, said they were skinny, but he had no inkling or sense of abuse concerning them. (Sad that the Elvis impersonator saw more if her grandkids than she did.)

It's probably good to remember, too, that she's 81. That puts some of her comments about family appearances ('good Christian family') into perspective (for me, at least). She speaks from the era in which she's lived.

They looked bad at least eight years ago, probably longer.

I wonder which one it was? Wonder what happened when he/she was returned.

...probably beaten within a hair of her life and then probably starved for a week and then forced to eat dog food and then forced to clean up the feces and urine her chained siblings couldn't help but leave on the floors and on and on.
I believe when all facts come out, the details will be unimaginably horrid.

Can you imagine how overwhelming Las Vegas would be to those kids after basically having very little interaction with other people and having had minimal sensory input in their home?

What were the parents doing with a burner phone?

Separately, can you imagine how cruel to be throwing out food with kids looking on starving? They had to have known there was food in the dumpster.

It boggles the mind, too, that neighbors saw the kids getting at the dumpster and didn’t call CPS.

Did I see that the parents had 4 cars? Where were they going in them?

Separately, can you imagine how cruel to be throwing out food with kids looking on starving? They had to have known there was food in the dumpster.

It boggles the mind, too, that neighbors saw the kids getting at the dumpster and didn’t call CPS.

There are no dumpsters in that neighborhood. The neighbors rarely saw them, except when they were outside late at night.

Can you imagine how overwhelming Las Vegas would be to those kids after basically having very little interaction with other people and having had minimal sensory input in their home?

As would Disney, imo. An assault on their senses.

Does anyone have any idea why Disneyland seems to surface in cases with twisted people?

We saw it in the Heather Elvis case where the family that is suspected of killing Heather had an obsession with everything Disney.

And we are seeing it in this case. There may be other cases.

Is there something about the way Disney makes everyone feel they are in a fantasy land that it would attract people living in their own fantasy?

Another question that has been bugging me is what was with all the names starting with "J"? The Duggars did the same thing. Is that to keep them from being independent and having an identity of their own or something?

Just some things I have been wondering about and wondering if there is something more deep about it?

Bump...

Fabulous questions....

Any of the children could watch Cinderella and KNOW that they were being treated even worse.

I don’t know......... Housekeeping, luckily and unluckily, for the kids, didn’t seem high on their to do lists.

Maybe a burner phone so creditors couldn't call them? My guess is they were racking up credit card debt all over again.
I still wonder what they were living on for income. Was David working?
Why were there 3 fairly new VW's in the driveway? Was this David's fetish? His fantasy to have certain cars?
Maybe the neighbor that thought she saw the daughter driving really saw Louise driving, who is short and from a
distance could be mistaken for a teen girl.
I think LE has solid grounds for arresting both parents so let's not all blame Louise for this mess, the father is
complicit also, we just don't know how yet.

Disney Land opens 1955
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/disneyland-opens

Bbm: Good Q. I am not sure...

I had no idea the original Disney Land, CA has been around for this long. But I do know from growing up in that era that children were not marketed to like they are in the last few decades especially. I never even heard of it until it opened in Florida! I never knew anyone growing up who went to DL.

On the north east coast, we went to the shore for entertainment. Trips were national park oriented in the 50's-70's...

So my guess is with the explosion of children's entertainment, 80's and on, huge marketing, and now social media to record everything, it has become the ultimate destination for kids & families?

Ironic really, with a family of this size, and living in the natural beauty of CA and the wonder of the West, with all the teaching opportunities that abound, that they travelled repeatedly to the artificial fantasylands of Vegas with Elvis, and Disney Land. --In this case, it was not for the kids, either, just for the image. Imo
-Really sad.

DisneyLand was very well known in the ‘50s. It was a fantasy trip. A worldwide novelty. Post-war Leave It To Beaver fun. Even I knew about it and I didn’t grow up in the US.

To me, DL sounded totally bizarre. Disney films were frightening, animated, very alien. Not fantasy at all when you lived in a world of real castles, ancient villages, big mountains, pop-up fairs and circuses, and Big Ben.

Last I heard 11AM PST. Not sure if it is still on or not.

For any in UK (or European countries) PST is - 8 hours of GMT. So if I'm correct presser due at 7 pm GMT then?.

It look like cable ties IMO.

bc71cca74d2ff9271cd088104e953740.jpg
673bf7de8fb71bcb9cfbbacb57d871d5.jpg

In case they are known by a different name in the US.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We call those zip ties here.

From what I've observed, hoarding of anything whether it's animals, kids, houseful of furniture, elaborate hobby collections, etc. fills a deep emotional need. Similar to how a shopaholic is never satisfied with one major shopping spree, they must go out and do it again and again and again. There is a brief respite of that emotional void when
procuring the excess but then it becomes a nagging need again and they start over again. More shopping, more
furniture, another baby, another car, another trinket in the hobby collection.

BBM
I have observed the same. Then, after procuring the "item", there is sometimes even a let down period. When mom got pregnant, like most all other expectant mothers know, there was the excitement of learning, for sure, a baby is on the way, the months of anticipation, the grand event, a new, sweet, baby, and, in this mom's case, past infants, who were old enough to help "nanny" new infants. She's 49 and he's 57. Wonder what kind of mood mom would be in, if she decided it was time for another baby, but mom's body said, "Nope" ? Maybe even Dad's body said, "Nopers".

On the nanny line of thought, I wonder if the parents went to Disney, (or other places), alone, for the day, and left everyone else behind, with the older siblings?. With adult siblings, forced to live there, I'd not find it surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV