CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the Dr Seuss/ Disney connection, I'm speculating that Louise perceived herself as having a limited childhood ("when I grow up, I'll go to Disneyland!") plus she has limited intelligence and individuality, so she probably associates herself with brands/ products to achieve her own identity. One of the sisters claimed to have suffered abuse from a close family member, so perhaps Louise did too and she closed in on herself, and retreated into this dream of a perfect childhood, perfect identity based on the limited cultural references she'd picked up on as a little girl.

She sees herself as "the sort of person" who loves Dr Seuss and loves Disney, and she's still stuck in the daydream of being a mother with a bouncing baby on her lap. It's like her dreams didn't develop with her life, she's stunted at the point she wanted when she was a little girl "When I grow up, I'll visit Disneyland all the time, and I'll get married in Vegas with Elvis singing to me, and we'll have a baby." Rather than progressing from the daydream, she put it on a loop and kept getting married, kept having babies, kept visiting Disneyland.

Except babies get hungry, they grow up, lose their cuteness, answer back, the house doesn't look like a Disney castle and birds don't fly in to do the housework... so Louise retreats further into her fantasy loop, repeating it over and over again. All we can see of their life is what is recorded on social media - it's possible the Vegas charade went on every few years from the very beginning.

I'm not clearing David of any responsibility here - I just can't get a clear picture of his motivations and responses, except that he was a very accommodating husband and not a father at all. Elvis, the princessy side of Disney, the constant white weddings are all feminine fantasies, played out on a juvenile feminine level, so I don't think he's the driving force behind that. I think he played along with Louise's fantasies and denials, at the cost of his children's freedom and well-being. He also looks extremely unhealthy with a strange weight distribution. Apart from that, I've got no insight into him.
Great post!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This may sound bizarre, but everything is in cases like this. Mom was pregnant all the time and the girls were prepubescent. Maybe a menstruation fetish?

Well there's our reason for why the 17 year old escaped at that moment in time.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yessiree, I agree. I think this story is about to get MUCH MORE GRUESOME and twisted.

Less than 12 hours before they were arrested, David Turpin, 57, and Louise Turpin, 49, told friends they were 'getting ready to leave town'.
A source said: "I saw them about 7 or 8pm on Saturday. “They said they needed to say 'goodbye' because they were getting ready to leave town.”
“They didn't say where or when they were going.” “I couldn't believe it when I saw their pictures on the TV two nights later."

~snip

Another source said: "It raises the question of whether the Turpins were saying 'goodbye' for another city, or whether they were plotting to end their lives entirely."

The Riverside County Sheriff's Department declined to comment when asked by the Mirror if a murder-suicide plot is a line of inquiry.
~snip
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/revealed-turpins-said-goodbyes-just-11870542

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This girl has become even more of a hero (if that is possible) in my eyes considering the timeline. Who knows where they would have ended up. Or even if they would have stayed alive.

“They were just like any ordinary family,” said Betty Turpin, the 81-year-old mother of David Turpin. “And they had such good relationships. I’m not just saying this stuff. These kids — we were amazed. They were ‘sweetie’ this and ‘sweetie’ that to each other.”

Betty Turpin told another outlet her son told her he had so many kids because God wanted him to, and that he shared her Pentecostal Christian faith but was not affiliated with a church in California.
“I feel they were model Christians,” she told the Southern California News Group on Wednesday. “It’s hard to believe all of this. Over the years, the Lord knows what happened.”
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...-shower-n838671?icid=today_hp_NBCtopheadlines

Oh hellfire. Someone shut this woman up.

There are four boys in this one... wearing a matching shirt... someone tell me if I'm just seeing things?

The bigger boy in the back far left is wearing a different (similar) shirt ... notice the bright pink and darker green areas on his shirt? Most likely he is a cousin

And I've called CPS on my own family. Zero/zip/ziltch. CPS is a joke UNTIL something like this is unearthed. Now, who is held responsible? Not CPS I'm sure, they made their "appointment" with the family (like they did in our case) giving the perps ample time to clean up and indoctrinate the kiddies, and everything is honkey dorey when CPS comes driving up. In our case, it took a couple of years and multitudinous police reports to get any action.

There has to be a better way, maybe a committee tasked with checking up on home schoolers, mandated by the Feds? OK, the state? Someone, please God, to protect our children?

We have called CPS on ours too. Nothing. Not a damn thing was done. We didn't get any action at all and now we are left behind to grieve. :rose:

Less than 12 hours before they were arrested, David Turpin, 57, and Louise Turpin, 49, told friends they were 'getting ready to leave town'.
A source said: "I saw them about 7 or 8pm on Saturday. “They said they needed to say 'goodbye' because they were getting ready to leave town.”
“They didn't say where or when they were going.” “I couldn't believe it when I saw their pictures on the TV two nights later."

~snip

Another source said: "It raises the question of whether the Turpins were saying 'goodbye' for another city, or whether they were plotting to end their lives entirely."

The Riverside County Sheriff's Department declined to comment when asked by the Mirror if a murder-suicide plot is a line of inquiry.
~snip
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/revealed-turpins-said-goodbyes-just-11870542

This sounds ominous to me especially given that it was just hours before their daughter escaped. I'm having a hard time picturing the parents close enough to anyone to feel the need to say goodbye before a vacation. My gut says they were planning to bail the area again... or worse. Perhaps they knew one of their children was getting too frail (oldest daughter) and the other kids were getting antsy. Or maybe the daughter that escaped spoke up to them and they felt their secrecy threatened. Or both. I get the feeling tensions were building in the home. I noticed in one of the pictures, I think the Disney picture with extended family, that the daughter who escaped (I think) had her hands on her hips. That doesn't stand out to me in a normal family but in this family it does. I believe she's probably strong-willed with some confidence beyond her age and circumstances. Thank God for her.

All speculation.

This may sound bizarre, but everything is in cases like this. Mom was pregnant all the time and the girls were prepubescent. Maybe a menstruation fetish?

Not saying you're wrong, but I've never heard of that. Do you have a link?

I take my earlier post back. This is *worse* than a creepy V.C. Andrews book!!!
This is closer to P.O.W.
No offense to Vets, but I can’t help but draw the comparison.

Are we absolutely sure that it was the Turpin's pig who ate the neighbor's dog food in Texas? I'd hate to think it, but if the kids were that hungry...

Just saw the end of a report on the Today Show where they said the kids were fed once a day and had showers twice a year.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...-shower-n838671?icid=today_hp_NBCtopheadlines

I'm so glad they've been rescued and can have normal lives again. Doctors said they were concerned the kids would go into shock from being malnourished.

I worry about how many other of these large home schooling families are out there with kids being abused.

From the article:

“The secret of the house on Muir Woods Road began to spill out on Sunday when the Turpins' 17-year-old daughter escaped through a window and called 911 with a cellphone she took from the home, the Riverside County Sheriff's Department said. She is believed to have a mental capacity below her age, the law enforcement official said.”

That makes what the 17 year old did even more impressive.

~snip

~snip

Cold shivers reading this.

I rolled my eyes so hard I saw my brain. I hope the grandparents have zero access to the victims. Actually any of the family members for that matter.

This is actually an improvement over her previous comments. At least she’s acknowledging that something happened now. Sigh.

Crazy though that one of the older daughters was seen driving one of the cars. The brainwashing that must have gone on in that house is so scary.

I wonder about this, when did she learn to drive and does she have a drivers license? I'm just not sure if this is true.

And the claim of a neighbour saying the amount of screams coming from the home caused him to call CPS on more than one occasion but was told unless he sees anything, there's nothing they can do.
How can he see them if they can't leave the house? :(

I knew that at some point there had to be someone that heard something. The older kids were probably horribly tortured until they were broken and then they in turn taught the younger ones how to act and survive. That's why I think the older kids are going to have a very tough recovery from this.

David Turpin wrote a message in his grandmother's obituary guestbook in 2011, listing the children. It looks like he put them in order by age. (The youngest would not have been born yet then) (and there is no "Elizabeth Jane", as the aunt claimed)

http://www.engleshookfuneralhome.com/guestbook/1146841

BBM - I call BS on what that sister says. She couldn't wait to publicly interject herself into this. If she really cared about those kids she would have been on the first flight to California she could find and met with LE. But she elected to get herself on TV.

PSBM + BBM

I suppose we must treat some MSM reports with suspicion? But they had "friends" ??

BBM For real!

Looking at the Dr Seuss/ Disney connection, I'm speculating that Louise perceived herself as having a limited childhood ("when I grow up, I'll go to Disneyland!") plus she has limited intelligence and individuality, so she probably associates herself with brands/ products to achieve her own identity. One of the sisters claimed to have suffered abuse from a close family member, so perhaps Louise did too and she closed in on herself, and retreated into this dream of a perfect childhood, perfect identity based on the limited cultural references she'd picked up on as a little girl.

She sees herself as "the sort of person" who loves Dr Seuss and loves Disney, and she's still stuck in the daydream of being a mother with a bouncing baby on her lap. It's like her dreams didn't develop with her life, she's stunted at the point she wanted when she was a little girl "When I grow up, I'll visit Disneyland all the time, and I'll get married in Vegas with Elvis singing to me, and we'll have a baby." Rather than progressing from the daydream, she put it on a loop and kept getting married, kept having babies, kept visiting Disneyland.

Except babies get hungry, they grow up, lose their cuteness, answer back, the house doesn't look like a Disney castle and birds don't fly in to do the housework... so Louise retreats further into her fantasy loop, repeating it over and over again. All we can see of their life is what is recorded on social media - it's possible the Vegas charade went on every few years from the very beginning.

I'm not clearing David of any responsibility here - I just can't get a clear picture of his motivations and responses, except that he was a very accommodating husband and not a father at all. Elvis, the princessy side of Disney, the constant white weddings are all feminine fantasies, played out on a juvenile feminine level, so I don't think he's the driving force behind that. I think he played along with Louise's fantasies and denials, at the cost of his children's freedom and well-being. He also looks extremely unhealthy with a strange weight distribution. Apart from that, I've got no insight into him.
Genius assessment IMO

What time is arraignment? Live stream? ty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members