CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!
First time poster, from New Zealand. I often follow cases here in NZ and Aus, and this one has captured my attention. I would like to discuss, please forgive me if I do anything wrong! I thought I would share some of my thoughts:

The renewals are really interesting to me. If you were to take the children out of the equation, David and Louise seemed to be very in love in the way the really, really gaze at each other. Oddballs for sure, but in love. Perhaps a little too caught up in each other for 30 years of marriage. This makes me wonder if they were obsessive about each other and if the children became an inconvenience that got in the way of them being devoted to each other?

The photos of Louise with the youngest baby makes me feel like she was motherly to the youngest, but less interested in the children as they got older. My own mother was in love with babies, and always said she felt an urge to have another one. She stopped at five though!

The 2013 wedding seems the most relaxed. They joke a bit, the children are much more involved and she does engage with them a little – like dancing with the girls and smiling at them. They all laughed when Elvis got the name of the boy wrong, and I was surprised to hear the boy saying “that’s ok!” from the back when Elvis apologised. Side note, the 2015 wedding was completely different and Louise really looked quite grumpy throughout.

I read an article that said Elvis stated that the children were present at each wedding.

I agree that it looks like some of the children have a disability or syndrome of some sort. But it may just be the malnutrition. The boy I referred to above looks really impaired during the video (particularly his cross eyes) but his response to Elvis seemed less cognitively impaired. I do wonder if the cross eyed look is due to not having the right glasses or not having eye health looked after (my boy has a focusing issue that we do exercises to help).

If there is some sort of syndrome, it might explain why the parents failed to cope with the kids. They may have felt compelled for whatever reason (religion, Louise loving having babies etc) to keep having more kids, but not been able to bond with the children because of the issues. Just a theory – sorry I obviously don’t have anything to back this up.

There are comments about the lack of breasts in the girls. I agree they are underdeveloped and it looks horrid in their plaid dresses. But there are signs of breast development in some of the Disneyland pictures (look at the one in particular where they are posing with the red car (the older girls are wearing Minnie Mouse). As an aside, it feels horrific that the boys, who must all be late teens, early twenties, are wearing TOY STORY tshirts! If they had any social awareness, that must have been humiliating.

Anyway, it's clear the abuse has been going on for years and I strongly believe there hasn't been a recent spiral. You can't have a 29 year old regress, so she's been being stunted probably for over 15 years. It just doesn't bear thinking about. Those poor children.

Hi!
First time poster, from New Zealand. I often follow cases here in NZ and Aus, and this one has captured my attention. I would like to discuss, please forgive me if I do anything wrong! I thought I would share some of my thoughts:

The renewals are really interesting to me. If you were to take the children out of the equation, David and Louise seemed to be very in love in the way the really, really gaze at each other. Oddballs for sure, but in love. Perhaps a little too caught up in each other for 30 years of marriage. This makes me wonder if they were obsessive about each other and if the children became an inconvenience that got in the way of them being devoted to each other?

The photos of Louise with the youngest baby makes me feel like she was motherly to the youngest, but less interested in the children as they got older. My own mother was in love with babies, and always said she felt an urge to have another one. She stopped at five though!

The 2013 wedding seems the most relaxed. They joke a bit, the children are much more involved and she does engage with them a little – like dancing with the girls and smiling at them. They all laughed when Elvis got the name of the boy wrong, and I was surprised to hear the boy saying “that’s ok!” from the back when Elvis apologised. Side note, the 2015 wedding was completely different and Louise really looked quite grumpy throughout.

I read an article that said Elvis stated that the children were present at each wedding.

I agree that it looks like some of the children have a disability or syndrome of some sort. But it may just be the malnutrition. The boy I referred to above looks really impaired during the video (particularly his cross eyes) but his response to Elvis seemed less cognitively impaired. I do wonder if the cross eyed look is due to not having the right glasses or not having eye health looked after (my boy has a focusing issue that we do exercises to help).

If there is some sort of syndrome, it might explain why the parents failed to cope with the kids. They may have felt compelled for whatever reason (religion, Louise loving having babies etc) to keep having more kids, but not been able to bond with the children because of the issues. Just a theory – sorry I obviously don’t have anything to back this up.

There are comments about the lack of breasts in the girls. I agree they are underdeveloped and it looks horrid in their plaid dresses. But there are signs of breast development in some of the Disneyland pictures (look at the one in particular where they are posing with the red car (the older girls are wearing Minnie Mouse). As an aside, it feels horrific that the boys, who must all be late teens, early twenties, are wearing TOY STORY tshirts! If they had any social awareness, that must have been humiliating.

:balloons: :greetings: :balloons:​

Hi!
First time poster, from New Zealand. I often follow cases here in NZ and Aus, and this one has captured my attention. I would like to discuss, please forgive me if I do anything wrong! I thought I would share some of my thoughts.

RSBM.

The baby thing is scary to me. While I appreciate that this baby appears to be healthy (much healthier than her unfortunate siblings, and I hope it stayed that way) it seems as if Mom & Dad became disconnect from their children once they are no longer babies. Also, the way they spoke about future children over SM seems that new babies are their main concern.

Looking at the Dr Seuss/ Disney connection, I'm speculating that Louise perceived herself as having a limited childhood ("when I grow up, I'll go to Disneyland!") plus she has limited intelligence and individuality, so she probably associates herself with brands/ products to achieve her own identity. One of the sisters claimed to have suffered abuse from a close family member, so perhaps Louise did too and she closed in on herself, and retreated into this dream of a perfect childhood, perfect identity based on the limited cultural references she'd picked up on as a little girl.

She sees herself as "the sort of person" who loves Dr Seuss and loves Disney, and she's still stuck in the daydream of being a mother with a bouncing baby on her lap. It's like her dreams didn't develop with her life, she's stunted at the point she wanted when she was a little girl "When I grow up, I'll visit Disneyland all the time, and I'll get married in Vegas with Elvis singing to me, and we'll have a baby." Rather than progressing from the daydream, she put it on a loop and kept getting married, kept having babies, kept visiting Disneyland.

Except babies get hungry, they grow up, lose their cuteness, answer back, the house doesn't look like a Disney castle and birds don't fly in to do the housework... so Louise retreats further into her fantasy loop, repeating it over and over again. All we can see of their life is what is recorded on social media - it's possible the Vegas charade went on every few years from the very beginning.

I'm not clearing David of any responsibility here - I just can't get a clear picture of his motivations and responses, except that he was a very accommodating husband and not a father at all. Elvis, the princessy side of Disney, the constant white weddings are all feminine fantasies, played out on a juvenile feminine level, so I don't think he's the driving force behind that. I think he played along with Louise's fantasies and denials, at the cost of his children's freedom and well-being. He also looks extremely unhealthy with a strange weight distribution. Apart from that, I've got no insight into him.

Anyway, it's clear the abuse has been going on for years and I strongly believe there hasn't been a recent spiral. You can't have a 29 year old regress, so she's been being stunted probably for over 15 years. It just doesn't bear thinking about. Those poor children.

I agree, it's been going on a long time. My gut feeling is that it's been going on since they had their first child, but probably getting progressively worse. Until the one girl, decided she just couldn't take it anymore, and decided to escape.

Just saw the end of a report on the Today Show where they said the kids were fed once a day and had showers twice a year.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...-shower-n838671?icid=today_hp_NBCtopheadlines

I'm so glad they've been rescued and can have normal lives again. Doctors said they were concerned the kids would go into shock from being malnourished.

I worry about how many other of these large home schooling families are out there with kids being abused.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/13-siblings-allegedly-starved-held-captive-parents-home/story?id=52410581

The agency also listed the clothes that are needed for the adult patients, which are almost all in children's sizes, a graphic released by Corona Chamber of Commerce showed. The adult siblings are in need of pajamas, sweatpants and sweatshirts, long-sleeve crew-neck tops, lightweight jackets, underwear and socks.

CPS said it is receiving calls from around the world from people who want to help the siblings financially. Because the agency does not want the siblings to be taxed for the money they receive, they are setting up a fund for them to go through the Riverside County Regional Medical Center Foundation.

All campaigns that claim they benefit the siblings are fake, CPS said.

Thank you for this information!!

Just saw the end of a report on the Today Show where they said the kids were fed once a day and had showers twice a year.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...-shower-n838671?icid=today_hp_NBCtopheadlines

I'm so glad they've been rescued and can have normal lives again. Doctors said they were concerned the kids would go into shock from being malnourished.

I worry about how many other of these large home schooling families are out there with kids being abused.

I suspect we will gradually have more trickles of evidence of horrid neglect and abuse. I wonder if the older children
were kept separate from the younger children and maybe even fed separately and differently.
So was mom a lazy, unkempt housekeeper, served her chidren packaged, prepared food? Seems she was very
unprepared to run a household.

Send them money, let them buy new clothes of their own choice.

Good Morning America just reported the Turpin's 2 dogs are up for adoption and they seemed to be in good condition.

So they were feeding the dogs but not the kids. OK....

Less than 12 hours before they were arrested, David Turpin, 57, and Louise Turpin, 49, told friends they were 'getting ready to leave town'.
A source said: "I saw them about 7 or 8pm on Saturday. “They said they needed to say 'goodbye' because they were getting ready to leave town.”
“They didn't say where or when they were going.” “I couldn't believe it when I saw their pictures on the TV two nights later."

~snip

Another source said: "It raises the question of whether the Turpins were saying 'goodbye' for another city, or whether they were plotting to end their lives entirely."

The Riverside County Sheriff's Department declined to comment when asked by the Mirror if a murder-suicide plot is a line of inquiry.
~snip
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/revealed-turpins-said-goodbyes-just-11870542

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Less than 12 hours before they were arrested, David Turpin, 57, and Louise Turpin, 49, told friends they were 'getting ready to leave town'.
A source said: "I saw them about 7 or 8pm on Saturday. “They said they needed to say 'goodbye' because they were getting ready to leave town.”
“They didn't say where or when they were going.” “I couldn't believe it when I saw their pictures on the TV two nights later."

~snip

Another source said: "It raises the question of whether the Turpins were saying 'goodbye' for another city, or whether they were plotting to end their lives entirely."

The Riverside County Sheriff's Department declined to comment when asked by the Mirror if a murder-suicide plot is a line of inquiry.
~snip
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/revealed-turpins-said-goodbyes-just-11870542

Whatever they were planning, this may have been why the 17 yo girl escaped. They knew something was about to happen and it was bad enough it freed them from the psychological control to seek help. Parents may have been talking about it for a while. It took some time for the girl to plan the escape as she had to get access to the cell phone and take photos.

After all this, I would really like to see tv and cable get rid of the shows about these large religious families. I've never watched them, but they seem to spur some people to mimic them. It's unhealthy and unsafe.

First post, had to register to comment on this.
Watching the longer Elvis wedding renewal, if you skip to 38.20 and watch, does it look like D hurts L after she put her hand up to his shoulder?

~snip

~snip

Sounds to me like they knew the jig was up and they were planning to get away. Maybe they knew the 17 year old was missing.

“They were just like any ordinary family,” said Betty Turpin, the 81-year-old mother of David Turpin. “And they had such good relationships. I’m not just saying this stuff. These kids — we were amazed. They were ‘sweetie’ this and ‘sweetie’ that to each other.”

Betty Turpin told another outlet her son told her he had so many kids because God wanted him to, and that he shared her Pentecostal Christian faith but was not affiliated with a church in California.
“I feel they were model Christians,” she told the Southern California News Group on Wednesday. “It’s hard to believe all of this. Over the years, the Lord knows what happened.”

Definitely something "odd" going on there.
Gynecomastia too?
The possibilities are endless!
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

bdcefb46d0d52bd76d5835651da7eb68.jpg

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/2310274/

“They were just like any ordinary family,” said Betty Turpin, the 81-year-old mother of David Turpin. “And they had such good relationships. I’m not just saying this stuff. These kids — we were amazed. They were ‘sweetie’ this and ‘sweetie’ that to each other.”

Betty Turpin told another outlet her son told her he had so many kids because God wanted him to, and that he shared her Pentecostal Christian faith but was not affiliated with a church in California.
“I feel they were model Christians,” she told the Southern California News Group on Wednesday. “It’s hard to believe all of this. Over the years, the Lord knows what happened.”

I rolled my eyes so hard I saw my brain. I hope the grandparents have zero access to the victims. Actually any of the family members for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8