CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It look like cable ties IMO.

bc71cca74d2ff9271cd088104e953740.jpg
673bf7de8fb71bcb9cfbbacb57d871d5.jpg

In case they are known by a different name in the US.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...ts-Perris-15-Jan-2018&p=13868442#post13868442 The wedding photo is mislabeled if ancestry.com is correct.

Wedding photo from the father going to the right (perhaps lined up by height):
Thing#5 (Joy now age 20)
Thing#3 (Jessica now age 24)
Thing#6 (now age 19)
Thing#7 (now age 18)

inset box:
Thing #1 (Jennifer now age 29)

front row left to right:
Thing#4 (Jonathan now age 22)
Thing#2 (Joshua now age 25 almost 26)

And we know Thing#8 is now age 17.

David Turpin wrote a message in his grandmother's obituary guestbook in 2011, listing the children. It looks like he put them in order by age. (The youngest would not have been born yet then) (and there is no "Elizabeth Jane", as the aunt claimed)

http://www.engleshookfuneralhome.com/guestbook/1146841

There are 13 children in both phots but one baby is a boy and one is a girl.

One baby is a girl here
4625b1db056604d1e3a7b19e804db439.jpg

This one is a boy
afa7253f7f589e69e8e9158142d62aae.jpg

How can you tell the second pic is of a boy? Just curious.

Well, as mentioned, he sure doesn't look like he's missing any meals (#@$/":.......)

:(

I just don't get it... :( How could they?

I’m at a total loss as well margarita. I’m trying to find some reason. I can’t.
How or why would you keep your 29 yr old living at home!! I’m an empty nester and am loving it.
I even thought possibly the kids staged the tying up then I gave myself an uppercut to wake myself up.
I just dunno!! It’s the craziest thing I’ve seen yet.

I think the clothes might have been Sound of Music style? (Nothing wrong with this in itself, of course)

Or ‘The Jackson 13’. Didn’t the Jacksons come from an abusive religious family like this.

Just to say, the Thing teeshirts are from Dr. Seuss's Cat and the Hat and don't strike me as being evil, especially since the parents are wearing them as well. Same with Disney, millions of families love going there.

It's possible they were always overcontrolling parents and the situation had recently become extreme, as some grown children may have wanted to move out and maybe the parents didn't want to lose them.

I'd have thought, since his parents describe them as Pentacostals, they'd have gone to church.

I find myself wondering things like did those asshoes eat in front of the kids? Did those poor kids have to smell the stuff the parents cooked and ate for themselves? Did "some" of the kids get "some" of the "real food" "some" of the time?

I'm learning starvation is indeed a method used by abusive parents...had no idea until WS and seeing all these horrific cases.
Yeah, everything is a mystery right now. The baby looked healthy and plump enough, at least in photos and there wasn't anything so alarming, but I wonder what happened to her, and how did their approach to nourishment change as the kids got older.

I'm thinking of your Octomum with the gaggle of kids.

What would be the Government benefits for a family like this? Could this free ride be their intention? :thinking:
Would it be their intention to have all those children for Government funding?
I know in Australia they would be getting $1,000's per week, a house, furniture and free medical and utilities.

Idk, I don't see them as wanting gov't. in their lives. They remind me of folks who live off grid, even though they lived on "the grid", they were doing so as quietly as possible. I'm almost positive that the 18+ y.o. children would have only qualified to get gov't. housing assistance, to be allowed to live in the same home with their parents, if, I think, they had proof, that the adult children were either on disability, or, were approved as necessary caregivers. I doubt they had either because that would mean doctor visits.

They were managing to stay in that home somehow though. CCs again? Their property taxes were being paid twice annually from what I could tell, on the pva site, and they were current, to date. People with large families hand clothing down and it doesn't seem that they spent a lot on their kids, not for clothing, toys, food, nor daycare.

Cost to Support Family in Riverside County, CA
http://calbudgetcenter.org/resources/making-ends-meet-much-cost-support-family-california/

Food Stamp Qualifications
https://mydss.mo.gov/food-assistance/food-stamp-program/income-limits

HUD Limits
http://www.ahtcsonline.com/wordpress/adult-child-definition-for-a-hud-section-2028-property/

I read that the Elvis impersonator said that the dad acted very caring toward his wife and their children. I'll try and find that link, if I can.

As I mentioned before, IME abusive parents are usually good actors about how they treat their children when in front of others. They have a public face, seeming to be caring, kind, protective and then there's the private face, mean and nasty, hurtful to children and is their normal behind closed doors. Behind closed doors, where outsiders are not privvy
to the real family dynamics. When you see parents so secretive trying to keep prying eyes out of their family, there's
usually a good reason. the parents know their treatment of the children is wrong which is why their lives become
more and more off the grid.

Great find. Very interesting regarding the aunt and her claim.

Yes, I agree RE the aunt. If she lived in their home, why would she be misunderstood about their names especially HER name?

Also RE the "fourth son" who is listed on the bankruptcy documents (filed in August 2011). There is no "fourth" son listed in the Obituary from David (posted in April 2011). Presumably typo on the form?

As I mentioned before, IME abusive parents are usually good actors about how they treat their children when in front of others. They have a public face, seeming to be caring, kind, protective and then there's the private face, mean and nasty, hurtful to children and is their normal behind closed doors. Behind closed doors, where outsiders are not privvy
to the real family dynamics. When you see parents so secretive trying to keep prying eyes out of their family, there's
usually a good reason. the parents know their treatment of the children is wrong which is why their lives become
more and more off the grid.

Yes, I think there is also a negative spiral the parent could get trapped into, because the grown children have the power to leave, reject their parents and tell other people about their home life, so then the abuse gets more extreme, controlling and threatening, to try to prevent that.

I’m at a total loss as well margarita. I’m trying to find some reason. I can’t.
How or why would you keep your 29 yr old living at home!! I’m an empty nester and am loving it.
I even thought possibly the kids staged the tying up then I gave myself an uppercut to wake myself up.
I just dunno!! It’s the craziest thing I’ve seen yet.

One theory that I have. As odd as it sounds, I tend to agree with a couple OPs, and think it may have been hoarding. I was thinking about the animal hoarding cases. A good majority of the time, the whole animal hoarding thing starts innocently enough. They love animals, they want to take care of them, and give them a safe home, Then they just keep taking on more critters, until the critters' food, vet needs, and supplies begin to mount up and become difficult to afford, and to properly care for all of them. It goes on until it starts to get out of control and the animals that they claim to love, are sitting in squalor, the hoarder's home is in shambles, their bank account is drained, and some have even chosen the animals over their spouse and/or families. Then someone finally makes that call and they the animals they claimed to love, along with everything else. We've all seen at least one of those shows. Replace the animals in crates, with kids chained to beds. Only I think that after the children reached a certain age, she lost interest, and wanted another infant.

Yes, I think there is also a negative spiral the parent could get trapped into, because the grown children have the power to leave, reject their parents and tell other people about their home life, so then the abuse gets more extreme, controlling and threatening, to try to prevent that.

Exactly, Satchie. maintaining the SECRECY of bad parental behavior becomes the overriding factor in so much of the
parents' daily behavior. Every outsider is a potential witness to their secrets, neighbors, children's fellow students,
children's playmates, church people, doctors, dentists, school teachers, EVERYONE.

Just to say, the Thing teeshirts are from Dr. Seuss's Cat and the Hat and don't strike me as being evil, especially since the parents are wearing them as well. Same with Disney, millions of families love going there.

It's possible they were always overcontrolling parents and the situation had recently become extreme, as some grown children may have wanted to move out and maybe the parents didn't want to lose them.

I'd have thought, since his parents describe them as Pentacostals, they'd have gone to church.
I agree that Dr. Seuss and Disney not necessarily being malicious, but it's interesting how David and Louise (presumably) used them to shore up their public perception (license plates, Facebook photos).

I'd be wondering though about the grown children. I wonder what their conception is of the world outside of their immediate surroundings and their siblings. Some may have a curiosity of the world outside whatever their experience was, but given what appears to be their social isolation and insularity that they've assumed to be normal, I'd be skeptical of their abilities to even envision the idea of "moving out."

If the parents were indeed this afraid of losing them, I wonder how it got to the level of padlocks and chains, and how that even began.

One theory that I have. As odd as it sounds, I tend to agree with a couple OPs, and think it may have been hoarding. I was thinking about the animal hoarding cases. A good majority of the time, the whole animal hoarding thing starts innocently enough. They love animals, they want to take care of them, and give them a safe home, Then they just keep taking on more critters, until the critters' food, vet needs, and supplies begin to mount up and become difficult to afford, and to properly care for all of them. It goes on until it starts to get out of control and the animals that they claim to love, are sitting in squalor, the hoarder's home is in shambles, their bank account is drained, and some have even chosen the animals over their spouse and/or families. Then someone finally makes that call and they the animals they claimed to love, along with everything else. We've all seen at least one of those shows. Replace the animals in crates, with kids chained to beds. Only I think that after the children reached a certain age, she lost interest, and wanted another infant.

From what I've observed, hoarding of anything whether it's animals, kids, houseful of furniture, elaborate hobby collections, etc. fills a deep emotional need. Similar to how a shopaholic is never satisfied with one major shopping spree, they must go out and do it again and again and again. There is a brief respite of that emotional void when
procuring the excess but then it becomes a nagging need again and they start over again. More shopping, more
furniture, another baby, another car, another trinket in the hobby collection.

I agree that Dr. Seuss and Disney not necessarily being malicious, but it's interesting how David and Louise (presumably) used them to shore up their public perception (license plates, Facebook photos).

I'd be wondering though about the grown children. I wonder what their conception is of the world outside of their immediate surroundings and their siblings. Some may have a curiosity of the world outside whatever their experience was, but given what appears to be their social isolation and insularity that they've assumed to be normal, I'd be skeptical of their abilities to even envision the idea of "moving out."

If the parents were indeed this afraid of losing them, I wonder how it got to the level of padlocks and chains, and how that even began.

IMO, the chain and padlocks probably started as punishment for not obeying. Obeying some order from a parent.
Could be something simple like "Don't go outside, don't pick on your sister, don't talk to neighbor, don't eat the bag of cookies, don't open the refrigerator door, don't wear your brother's clothes, etc.
Then the confinement became a habit and an easy way to enforce parent's will. Better than beating, in parent's mind,
and beatings no longer work anyway. It's sick, and pervasive, just keeps getting worse.
But the bottom line is CONTROL.

I can see 3 or 4 girls the same height as the mother in fact 2 look slightly taller.

ba3319e2c79a96cb096346c20adf02bb.jpg

Yeah I imagine that there would be a range of reactions from all of the children.

IIRC, one of the kids from the Fritzl house of horrors (Felix – again, IIRC) was so excited to be travelling by car and seeing everything go by. I always imagined that he would integrate well into his new life of freedom. But (again, IIRC) he was one of the youngest, if not the youngest, so he had been exposed to that life for a lesser period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8