CA - 13 victims, ages 2 to 29, shackled in home by parents, Perris, 15 Jan 2018 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m at a total loss as well margarita. I’m trying to find some reason. I can’t.
How or why would you keep your 29 yr old living at home!! I’m an empty nester and am loving it.
I even thought possibly the kids staged the tying up then I gave myself an uppercut to wake myself up.
I just dunno!! It’s the craziest thing I’ve seen yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BBM
My 26 year old brother still lives at home.
Granted, he has a job and isn't shackled to his bed all day.
And if my mom and stepdad hadn't moved to a different city, I'd probably still be living at home, too.

I don’t recall hugs either. I just noticed in the Thing 1-13 photo all the kids are standing or sitting without touching...no arms around shoulders or anything. But Thing Sperm has his arm around the shoulder of Thing Uterus. :mad:

The arms are behind the backs so no one can see the emaciation. This has to have been deliberate. The only arms visible belong to kids who aren’t emaciated. I bet they were told exactly how to stand to hide all this.

These were kids that were maybe told or convinced not to look like they were closely bonded,mor they hid that fact for survival. No way these kids weren’t attached to each other.

I can see 3 or 4 girls the same height as the mother in fact 2 look slightly taller.

cache.php

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Take a look at the Dr. Seuss, Thing 1, 2, etc.. photo. The elder children are as tall, or taller than, mom. Mom's not very tall.

https://www.forumdaily.com/v-kalifornii-para-derzhala-na-cepi-13-detej/

BBM
I have observed the same. Then, after procuring the "item", there is sometimes even a let down period. When mom got pregnant, like most all other expectant mothers know, there was the excitement of learning, for sure, a baby is on the way, the months of anticipation, the grand event, a new, sweet, baby, and, in this mom's case, past infants, who were old enough to help "nanny" new infants. She's 49 and he's 57. Wonder what kind of mood mom would be in, if she decided it was time for another baby, but mom's body said, "Nope" ? Maybe even Dad's body said, "Nopers".

On the nanny line of thought, I wonder if the parents went to Disney, (or other places), alone, for the day, and left everyone else behind, with the older siblings?. With adult siblings, forced to live there, I'd not find it surprising.
Christmas Eve vs Christmas Day. Anticipation vs reality.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

For any in UK (or European countries) PST is - 8 hours of GMT. So if I'm correct presser due at 7 pm GMT then?.

Thank you for this, I get so confused with the different times across the pond!
I will be out at 7pm, hope I have a wifi signal!

And those marks are typically greasy because dogs build up grease in their fur, particularly where their collars and harnesses are. And that's why this makes me want to hurl, because it does look like the marks dogs and cats make, and so it makes me wonder what kind of hygiene they even allowed the kids to have. Imagine 15 showers a day. You would need at least two hot water heaters and either huge water tanks (if you are pumping well water in out in the country), or multiple water tanks. Then there's the issue of water pressure with these tanks. If they lived out in the country, they were dealing with this. And I bet they did not have it set up to actually accommodate proper hygiene for all those people.

I’m sure cold water would have been just fine if they couldn’t afford a second water heater, and although Americans think this is gross deprivation, in many countries 2-3 good washes a week are plenty. In the very poorest parts of Africa, people are often spotless, and hot water is rare for most of the world.

Besides, did I read these people had 4 cars?

Hi everyone! I’ve seen lots of questions about the 4th son missing in pics, is it possible he is the cameraman?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Less than 12 hours before they were arrested, David Turpin, 57, and Louise Turpin, 49, told friends they were 'getting ready to leave town'.
A source said: "I saw them about 7 or 8pm on Saturday. “They said they needed to say 'goodbye' because they were getting ready to leave town.”
“They didn't say where or when they were going.” “I couldn't believe it when I saw their pictures on the TV two nights later."

~snip

Another source said: "It raises the question of whether the Turpins were saying 'goodbye' for another city, or whether they were plotting to end their lives entirely."

The Riverside County Sheriff's Department declined to comment when asked by the Mirror if a murder-suicide plot is a line of inquiry.
~snip
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/revealed-turpins-said-goodbyes-just-11870542

Yikes!
Thank goodness the 17 year old escaped when she did!
What a brave girl!

Trying to keep up so this may have been posted already, but an interesting article and possibly relevant .
I'm just trying to gain some understanding of all this :facepalm: :-

https://hubpages.com/health/Mothers...ncy-Dont-Know-That-They-Have-A-Mental-Disease

There are women who are in love with the theoretical idea of pregnancy and the novelty of newborns. However, when the newborn becomes a toddler, they tire of him/her and want to get pregnant again and have another newborn, often neglecting the children they already have.

Hi everyone! I’ve seen lots of questions about the 4th son missing in pics, is it possible he is the cameraman?

I don't think there was a 4th son, just a typo in the bankruptcy papers. They were filed Aug 2011 and in Apr 2011 an obit message written by DT only names 3 sons.

Trying to keep up so this may have been posted already, but an interesting article and possibly relevant .
I'm just trying to gain some understanding of all this :facepalm: :-

There are women who are in love with the theoretical idea of pregnancy and the novelty of newborns. However, when the newborn becomes a toddler, they tire of him/her and want to get pregnant again and have another newborn, often neglecting the children they already have.

Michelle Duggar is a prime example of this!

I'm thinking of your Octomum with the gaggle of kids.

What would be the Government benefits for a family like this? Could this free ride be their intention? :thinking:
Would it be their intention to have all those children for Government funding?
I know in Australia they would be getting $1,000's per week, a house, furniture and free medical and utilities.

He was an engineer with a substantial salary. No need for subsidy. However, if there was an issue about feeding the kids, there would have been plenty of help. Keeping kids out of school is a way to avoid scrutiny, so uncared for children can be noticed.

What were the parents doing with a burner phone?

Separately, can you imagine how cruel to be throwing out food with kids looking on starving? They had to have known there was food in the dumpster.

It boggles the mind, too, that neighbors saw the kids getting at the dumpster and didn’t call CPS.

I thought it was an old phone that was no longer connected to service?

Where did you read that the neighbors saw the kids getting into the garbage cans? Can you post the link, I don’t remember reading that.

I’m sure cold water would have been just fine if they couldn’t afford a second water heater, and although Americans think this is gross deprivation, in many countries 2-3 good washes a week are plenty. In the very poorest parts of Africa, people are often spotless, and hot water is rare for most of the world.

Besides, did I read these people had 4 cars?
Information has come out that they were allowed to shower only twice a year.

Hi!
First time poster, from New Zealand. I often follow cases here in NZ and Aus, and this one has captured my attention. I would like to discuss, please forgive me if I do anything wrong! I thought I would share some of my thoughts:

The renewals are really interesting to me. If you were to take the children out of the equation, David and Louise seemed to be very in love in the way the really, really gaze at each other. Oddballs for sure, but in love. Perhaps a little too caught up in each other for 30 years of marriage. This makes me wonder if they were obsessive about each other and if the children became an inconvenience that got in the way of them being devoted to each other?

The photos of Louise with the youngest baby makes me feel like she was motherly to the youngest, but less interested in the children as they got older. My own mother was in love with babies, and always said she felt an urge to have another one. She stopped at five though!

The 2013 wedding seems the most relaxed. They joke a bit, the children are much more involved and she does engage with them a little – like dancing with the girls and smiling at them. They all laughed when Elvis got the name of the boy wrong, and I was surprised to hear the boy saying “that’s ok!” from the back when Elvis apologised. Side note, the 2015 wedding was completely different and Louise really looked quite grumpy throughout.

I read an article that said Elvis stated that the children were present at each wedding.

I agree that it looks like some of the children have a disability or syndrome of some sort. But it may just be the malnutrition. The boy I referred to above looks really impaired during the video (particularly his cross eyes) but his response to Elvis seemed less cognitively impaired. I do wonder if the cross eyed look is due to not having the right glasses or not having eye health looked after (my boy has a focusing issue that we do exercises to help).

If there is some sort of syndrome, it might explain why the parents failed to cope with the kids. They may have felt compelled for whatever reason (religion, Louise loving having babies etc) to keep having more kids, but not been able to bond with the children because of the issues. Just a theory – sorry I obviously don’t have anything to back this up.

There are comments about the lack of breasts in the girls. I agree they are underdeveloped and it looks horrid in their plaid dresses. But there are signs of breast development in some of the Disneyland pictures (look at the one in particular where they are posing with the red car (the older girls are wearing Minnie Mouse). As an aside, it feels horrific that the boys, who must all be late teens, early twenties, are wearing TOY STORY tshirts! If they had any social awareness, that must have been humiliating.

Welcome! Great first post!

Agree, about the losing interest after babies got to a certain age. I also noticed the "grumpy" wedding. There is not another renewal after that one, either, fwiw. If it went along the same timeline, there should have been one sometime in 2017.
I keep getting surprised by their ages in these photos. I know they are older but it's hard to remember that when you look at the pictures. The shirts for both the adult boys, and girls, if, as you say, they had any social awareness would have been tremendously embarrassing. I kinda doubt they had much social awareness though. I'm picturing television as being ministry programs, and the Disney Channel, with very little, if any, interaction with peers outside their household.

I would guess those 2 showers a year were before Disney/ Vegas photo ops. Were it not for those outings, they may have had no showers at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett