TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they determined light skin from the video and not through DNA. Imo

I wonder if MPD has seen Batbrat"s
green men? The height Batbrat came up with is significantly off from what MPD came up with.

I was surprised to read Cody Moon was back in patrol after being an investigator. I wonder if he got demoted.....and if so, why.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

Now that I’ve had a chance to reread the article I think you’re probably right that the little bit of physical evidence did not yield the light skin determination.

Maybe if they hadn’t cleared the crime scene so quickly they could have had a better sample to submit.

Frustrating and would be good if MPD would answer questions as to why they want the public’s help but refuse to give the public anymore info to work with. I suppose the pesky overly involved w the case social media entities are to blame.
JMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that I’ve had a chance to reread the article I think you’re probably right that the little bit of physical evidence did not yield the light skin determination.

Maybe if they hadn’t cleared the crime scene so quickly they could have had a better sample to submit.

Frustrating and would be good if MPD would answer questions as to why they want the public’s help but refuse to give the public anymore info to work with. I suppose the pesky overly involved w the case social media entities are to blame.
JMHO

Yes, serious bummer. I wonder if that "little bit of evidence" even though not enough to complete a visual profile,
is enough to match a Suspect's DNA?

The article also stated that none of the external cameras were working.

Also, he described the vest SP was wearing as heavy. Is there any way to lighten the weight of the vest? It's hard to imagine a slight, short person walking around in that. Or is that a stupid assumption? How much do those weigh?

<Politely Snipped by Me>

attachment.php

Coming back to the map again, the single exterior metal door on the Northside that SP breached enters into Room 7.

Room 7, the Kitchen, has two interior Doors in the Hallway marked by a 7. There are also two interior Doors in the Hallway marked with an 8. We'll call it the dining area.

Hence, SP breaks into the single metal door that leads into the interior room for Door 7. By using the connecting interior Door between 7 (the Kitchen) and 8 (a dining area), SP exits past the Kitchen area by using the first Door 8, in order, to enter the North hallway, turns to the right and proceeds toward the NorthWest corner while tapping along the wall with SPs gloved hand.

So, my question is, how does SP get from the SW corner, where Missy was found, that includes half of the main entrance in the Western Hallway, so SP can leave the way SP entered the building at the single metal door without being seen again on camera?

Screenshot (189).jpg

SS Source: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-video-timeline-released-in-terri-bevers-death-at-texas-church/

Coming back to the map again, the single exterior metal door on the Northside that SP breached enters into Room 7.

Room 7, the Kitchen, has two interior Doors in the Hallway marked by a 7. There are also two interior Doors in the Hallway marked with an 8. We'll call it the dining area.

Hence, SP breaks into the single metal door that leads into the interior room for Door 7. By using the connecting interior Door between 7 (the Kitchen) and 8 (a dining area), SP exits past the Kitchen area by using the first Door 8, in order, to enter the North hallway, turns to the right and proceeds toward the NorthWest corner while tapping along the wall with SPs gloved hand.

So, my question is, how does SP get from the SW corner, where Missy was found, that includes half of the main entrance in the Western Hallway, so SP can leave the way SP entered the building at the single metal door without being seen again on camera?

attachment.php

Personally, I don't have an issue with SP not being picked up by camera(s) on the kitchen hallway. I think after the murder, he was running flat out. He came around the corner and flew into the kitchen, and the camera was just too slow to activate.

<modsnip>

I think it’s good to have fresh eyes. I’m pro LEO..I think of course there’s corrupt people that’s the world we live in..but, I do truly believe MPD wants this solved. I don’t think they’re stalling on this purposely...JMO

View attachment 129299

I do think it's possible he returned to the kitchen by exiting from the center main hallway doors, running around the outside and into the kitchen, the way he came in originally. Maybe that's what they meant by he returned the way he came in.

Back to the white box-thingy in SP's hand:

I don't recall anyone mentioning a stun gun/taser like device, but I'm sure someone has, its as logical a wild guess as anything, especially in this situation.
I spent just a minute or two searching images. The one I have pictured isn't the object in SP's hand, but there are a wide variety of these types of devices "out there." Even in a white color.

attachment.php

https://cdn.thehomesecuritysuperstore-img1.com/content/product/large/24720_xl.jpg

Attachments

• stungun.PNG
    stungun.PNG
    165.5 KB · Views: 245
Now that I&#8217;ve had a chance to reread the article I think you&#8217;re probably right that the little bit of physical evidence did not yield the light skin determination.

Maybe if they hadn&#8217;t cleared the crime scene so quickly they could have had a better sample to submit.

Frustrating and would be good if MPD would answer questions as to why they want the public&#8217;s help but refuse to give the public anymore info to work with. I suppose the pesky overly involved w the case social media entities are to blame.
JMHO

100% this. I don't understand this, and I don't recall any other care where the local PD told the public to go pound sand. I wish that I could find the exact quote, but MPD said that they would reach out to the public when they needed there help. Until that time, the public should not get in their way. How strange.

Along the same lines, there have been so few articles relating to the MB case, but there was an entire article dedicated to "armchair detectives" hindering the investigation. Once again, the article implied that the public was getting in their way. The police are responsible for sorting through tips to figure out which ones are credible and which ones are not. If there are a small handful of people messing up the investigation, the professionals should be able to tune out that noise. Who really cares what is being said on social media, especially if it is not true? I am so turned off by the disdain with which the police have treated the public in this particular case, and as a general rule, I am extremely supportive of LE. It's likely that a member of the public holds the key to solving this case.

I have to wonder if LE has received credible tips that were not investigated because LE assumed that they were just a hindrance to the investigation.

It's interesting that they were able to collect a small sample to send off to the lab. I am not sure whether to be encouraged or not.

Also, if everyone doesn't mind, I would like to revisit a question that I asked a few weeks ago. If MB was killed in an area where she was not trapped or cornered, does that tell us anything about SP? Does it point away from a random encounter and toward a targeted murder? Also, aside from the restrooms, where could MB have been cornered (specifically in the SW corner of the building)?

ETA - I noticed that the most recent article reiterates a height range of 5'2" to 5'7" for SP. If that is the case, why was a SW executed for someone over 6'? It doesn't make any sense. If this case ever sees a courtroom, the prosecution is going to have an uphill battle.

Thanks to whoever posted the Midlothian article. I see this change in lead investigator as a significant development. Calling it "fresh eyes" seems like a polite way of describing the situation. Reading between the lines, it sounds more like the previous lead investigator was removed from the case. I assume that someone in authority was, at minimum, frustrated with the investigation status and progress. (I could be wrong. Hope there's nothing scandalous behind any of it.)

This is a fantastic find, and it answers my biggest question. Thank you so much!

If MB was found in the main foyer, what does this tell us? It tells me that SP was not cornered. He had plenty of room to run to safety, but instead he chose to kill MB. I am more firmly in the targeted the camp than I than I ever been. Plus, the main foyer seems like the perfect place to wait and ambush an unsuspecting victim. Were the light switches located there?

One more question - did you redact the information before sharing it, or was that information redacted before it was sent to you?

This is a fantastic find, and it answers my biggest question. Thank you so much!

If MB was found in the main foyer, what does this tell us? It tells me that SP was not cornered. He had plenty of room to run to safety, but instead he chose to kill MB. I am more firmly in the targeted the camp than I than I ever been. Plus, the main foyer seems like the perfect place to wait and ambush an unsuspecting victim. Were the light switches located there?

One more question - did you redact the information before sharing it, or was that information redacted before it was sent to you?

It was redacted by LE except for one sentence I redacted myself out of respect for the family.

Does this mean she wasn't killed at the SW corner?

I'm not arguing against what some think they see in that snippet, but for future reference I would caution that it isn't nearly as definitive as some are reading it to be.

It says, "We walked through the south breezeway doors into the main foyer to the north side of the church." So the writer of that sentence has located himself and whomever he was with, and his location was not that precise either. If you look closely, he was speaking of being SOMEWHERE past the "south breezeway doors" in that westside N-S main foyer, but he doesn't specify at what point. It was from there when he observed further. Nor does it say when he abserved - ie, whether it was at a split second later, or minute(s) later - that he observed the following: "I saw a white female laying on her back."

Notice also: It does NOT say MB's body was in that foyer. Only that he was in it, when she was seen by him.

So from what is said here, MB's body could have been lying absolutely anywhere in the building that could be seen from somewhere in that westside hallway.

It may seem like I am nitpicking. But making a statement that seems to say one thing, but is actually less precise than you first realize, is a game the police play all the time in SWs.

So maybe this snippet is revealing. But, perhaps it's not at all revealing, and maybe even a bit deceptive, in letting us know the exact spot where MB was found.

And if we take it one step further, this doesn't even tell us where the initial confrontation happened. It only kinda sorta tells us where MB ended up. We don't know but what there was a chase, a struggle, or more that started in one spot and ended in another - and indeed, the reports of the presence of broken glass around and under her body would imply exactly that.

I'm not arguing against what some think they see in that snippet, but for future reference I would caution that it isn't nearly as definitive as some are reading it to be.

It says, "We walked through the south breezeway doors into the main foyer to the north side of the church." So the writer of that sentence has located himself and whomever he was with, and his location was not that precise either. If you look closely, he was speaking of being SOMEWHERE past the "south breezeway doors" in that westside N-S main foyer, but he doesn't specify at what point. It was from there when he observed further. Nor does it say when he abserved - ie, whether it was at a split second later, or minute(s) later - that he observed the following: "I saw a white female laying on her back."

Notice also: It does NOT say MB's body was in that foyer. Only that he was in it, when she was seen by him.

So from what is said here, MB's body could have been lying absolutely anywhere in the building that could be seen from somewhere in that westside hallway.

It may seem like I am nitpicking. But making a statement that seems to say one thing, but is actually less precise than you first realize, is a game the police play all the time in SWs.

So maybe this snippet is revealing. But, perhaps it's not at all revealing, and maybe even a bit deceptive, in letting us know the exact spot where MB was found.

And if we take it one step further, this doesn't even tell us where the initial confrontation happened. It only kinda sorta tells us where MB ended up. We don't know but what there was a chase, a struggle, or more that started in one spot and ended in another - and indeed, the reports of the presence of broken glass around and under her body would imply exactly that.

I grappled with that wording myself for a day or so. Sent it to a few trusted folks to get their interpretation. The consensus - and it could be wrong but it was a consensus - is that the writer was referring to N as a direction rather than a location, and that he certainly advanced beyond the area just inside the SW entrance, and that the most important language in the sentence was the "into the main foyer" part.

So if I was translating it out of LE-speak and into everyday-speak, it would be something like, "We walked thru the S doors and then went into that main foyer that is to the north of where we came in."

And the fact that he said he walked INTO the foyer is telling to me. If she wasn't IN the foyer, then no need for him to walk INTO it. But that is just my interpretation and there is room for debate.

BBM

You're right. It doesn't tell us exactly where MB was found. However, I think that based on the information that CB shared it's safe to assume that MB was not killed in the restrooms or in the auditorium. She's appears to have been killed out in the open. IMO, that is extrememly telling. If SP could have run and escaped, why didn't he? IMO, it's because he was never there to rob the church; he was there to kill MB.

As for your thoughts on where MB was killed versus where her body ended up, I understand. However, none of MB's murder was caught on camera according to the SWs. Is it reasonable to assume that SP chased MB down a hallway and none of that was caught on camera? Is it reasonable to assume that SP and MB had a prolonged struggle but none of that movement triggered the cameras? According to the SWs, MB was seen entering the building. The cameras tracked her until she was out of range, and then there is nothing else on video. That is a huge CLUE about what happened.

There are a number of reasons that the glass could have broken.

With respect to the exact place of MB's body, it doesn't really matter to me. She was found in the open in an area around the main foyer (or at least seen from the main foyer). She wasn't cornered in a bathroom. She wasn't cornered in the auditorium. SP could have run, but he didn't.

ETA - One more thing. IMO it is noteworthy that members of Ellis County PD were part of the original "processing" of the scene. From CB's linked document, "As I drove onto the property Ellis Country Sergeant AS [my abbreviations] and Corporal JO [my abbreviations] were blocking incoming traffic..."

Fresh eyes are good. One thing I did tonight is put my two computer screens side by side, one showing the video and the other the map/schematic.
And then played the video enough times so I wouldn&#8217;t be able to get to sleep tonight.
Lol.

-I lean more and more toward he. The way he moves, like when he opens up the bottom half of the Dutch door is a motion more typical of a man. BUT when he stops toward the beginning of the video (before he takes the long walk across the squared pattern flooring), he points his toes out and shifts his weight, much more like a woman would.

This is NOTa big person. From the waist down, theyare shorter and not bulky. The outfit attempts to make them look larger but they are not, esp from the thigh down.

The shorter strides would lean to a little bit older person. 40+. I don&#8217;t think they&#8217;re faking their stride. They obviously have an injury to their right foot.

He doesn&#8217;t have an over-dominant hand. He seems to vacillate between the two.

I think the jacket is somewhat real. Someone making a fake probably wouldn&#8217;t go through all the trouble of creating a matching and scaled FRONT and BACK &#8220;Police&#8221; Those are probably original.

The hammer is NOT a standard-issue nailing hammer. It is a breeching or geological, differently shaped. And the effort put forth is not that of a determined male, whose objective it is to get those doors open. It was not that important to them. They were merely staging, or passing time. And WHAT are they doing in the church the whole time.

We have 2 minutes of video and he was in the building for what? 20mins? 30 mins? Was he walking around? Sitting? Standing? That&#8217;s a LONG time to &#8220;hangout&#8221; in a dark, cold, quiet building, theoretically by himself. He was on a mission.

In his lefthand, I believe the object is silver (metal), not (painted) white; because ofthe amount of light that is being reflected off of it. It almost looks like a small portable 3-holepunch or a stapler/small staple gun. Another potential weapon that he found along the way.

He is for sure wearing a head lamp. And not a toy one. On Inside Edition, the NYC detective said this is not a burglary. The timing is off (among other things). She was targeted; he felt the details will all come out eventually.

I believe this will be solved thru someone talking or someone recognizing that quite distinctg ate/mannerisms. SP&#8217;s mother/brother/co-worker/spouse will know it&#8217;s him. We need to get the clip out at a new fresh pace. How about showing it in the previews at area movie theaters (public service announcement). Esp. before horror/murder/scary movies. Additional effect. Lol but could work.

I think right now LE is methodically eliminating POI. And see who they&#8217;re left with. I think local LE is striving for justice. I was encouraged that some of the different agencies work together in solving some of the more involved crimes, and some ofthe forums that were available. I just don&#8217;t get a sense of urgency. Personally, if it were my family member I&#8217;d lay out some cash to bring someone in from the outside that had expertise in this area, and be on the phone trying to generate interest and coverage, but I don&#8217;t have all the facts. It seems like we should have enough information by now. Whoever solves this should be a hero and get a nice reward that would recognize their efforts.

Okay folks, doing a turnaround here.

Normally documents are not allowed without a link to the original source. Decisions at Websleuths are not always black and white and can be case specific. In this case, Tricia and I have discussed the dropbox doc/link that was removed and Tricia has decided to allow it. I will reinstate the OP and all responses to it.

:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member