TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #43

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

-I lean more and more toward he. The way he moves, like when he opens up the bottom half of the Dutch door is a motion more typical of a man.

I truly appreciate your entire post, but when I read these two sentences, I thought YES, YES, YES! The very first time I watched the video, I immediately noticed his mannerism when opening the bottom half of that Dutch door, and knew it was a he. I have seen men, including my brother-in-law, use the exact movement/gesture when opening a door, but I've never seen a woman do it that way.
Thanks for validating my opinion on that.

I grappled with that wording myself for a day or so. Sent it to a few trusted folks to get their interpretation. The consensus - and it could be wrong but it was a consensus - is that the writer was referring to N as a direction rather than a location, and that he certainly advanced beyond the area just inside the SW entrance, and that the most important language in the sentence was the "into the main foyer" part.

So if I was translating it out of LE-speak and into everyday-speak, it would be something like, "We walked thru the S doors and then went into that main foyer that is to the north of where we came in."

And the fact that he said he walked INTO the foyer is telling to me. If she wasn't IN the foyer, then no need for him to walk INTO it. But that is just my interpretation and there is room for debate.

"We walked through the south breezeway doors into the main foyer to the north side of the church."

Two things:
1 If it's vague (and it definitely is), then we can't say we have any actual knowledge of where the body was. Which is my point.
2 All LE needed to offer was something that was somehow true within the vagueness -- iow, the actual doesn't have to line up with what "most" of a certain group think it probably might be saying, but all that is needed is that the truth can fit some interpretation of those words. Which could be all kinds of different ideas of places, actually.

As for what I personally see in the wording, to me the phrase "the main foyer to the north side of the church" is his description of a place, not a stroll. IOW the writer is telling us that the "main foyer" stretches from just past the innermost SW doors (where he stepped through them) all the way to the innermost doors at the NW corner. And his phraseology is describing that expanse, rather than any particular traversing of it. So if I was giving an amplified version of what was written per my best understanding, I would reword it like this: "We walked through the south breezeway doors into the main foyer [that extended all the way] to the north side of the church."

In support of that, if you enter the church through the grand entrance on the W side, it's all a sort of "main foyer" for meeting and greeting those who enter, extending from your far left (which would be the NW corner) to your far right (SW).

But again, that's just one view. And to be clear, it doesn't argue (or rule out) MB from being almost anywhere that could be seen from that foyer, subject to the descriptions given in other statements of course. It's just too broad to define any spot, in saying, "I was somewhere in that huge foyer and then I saw a body."

Instead of snippets from that report, can't we see the entire thing?

I haven't followed this case in a while. Just a couple of questions-
Is there still a reward being offered and did that reward increase? Last I heard, the dollar amount was fairly small, IMO.
Also, any information on what BB has done since MB's death to search for and identify the killer?

Is there still a reward being offered and did that reward increase? Last I heard, the dollar amount was fairly small, IMO.
Also, any information on what BB has done since MB's death to search for and identify the killer?

Haven't heard any news about either--but have to say, would be surprised to hear news about the latter ('what BB has done since MB's death to search for and identify the killer.')

My guess would be he has his hands full being a single parent and wage earner, and is leaving the search and apprehension of her killer in professional hands. Likely still contacting them for updates, though.

I believe the reward is still at $50,000. BB has said that he is done with the hunt for her killer, and is moving on.

Husband says he is done searching for wife's killer _ Daily Mail Online

Thank you.

From the article-

"The children are not terribly fond of apprehending this person."

Interesting. Why would that be? I'm not in their shoes, but I would think I couldn't feel safe again unless the killer were to be apprehended. What am I missing here?

You are missing the fact that there has never been any perceived threat to the family. The theories are that either MB happened upon a burglar, and was at the wrong place at the wrong time, or that she was targeted personally for reasons unknown. But other than the impact of the bereavement itself, none of that would likely pose any sort of continuing threat to them. So they have no reason to obsess over it.

Is there the possibility of a deranged killer out there who is on a murder spree in Midlothian? In theory yes, but for practical purposes, that's simply part of "normal life" everywhere in 2018, and the children of MB would have no reason to be cowering in a corner every day, any more than any others.

You are missing the fact that there has never been any perceived threat to the family. The theories are that either MB happened upon a burglar, and was at the wrong place at the wrong time, or that she was targeted personally for reasons unknown. But other than the impact of the bereavement itself, none of that would likely pose any sort of continuing threat to them. So they have no reason to obsess over it.

Is there the possibility of a deranged killer out there who is on a murder spree in Midlothian? In theory yes, but for practical purposes, that's simply part of "normal life" everywhere in 2018, and the children of MB would have no reason to be cowering in a corner every day, any more than any others.

IDK. When I was in 6th grade, my best friend's mom died of a sudden massive heart attack at age 33. My best friend obsessed about a lot of things after that.
Besides, I never said they were "cowering in a corner every day" so that's a bit of an exaggeration, but to have your own mother bludgeoned to death, with no answer - that has to instill some fear into those girls that other children don't have to live with.

"The children are not terribly fond of apprehending this person."

I would add that while these are indeed BB's words, imo they are a poor choice of words in that I don't think they actually reflect what he was trying to say. As I read it in his note, the kids aren't saying they want the killer to go free, but rather that they don't want to have the entire existence of their family be focused going forward on that tragic event of the past. They want to live their lives, and have their dad live his, and leave LE with the job (if it's even doable) of figuring out, chasing, and apprehending that killer. The killer already took 1 life, and they don't want to let him take away 4 more. Since they really don't have any particular insight on the killing anyhow, it's kinda wise imo.

Besides, I never said they were "cowering in a corner every day" so that's a bit of an exaggeration, but to have your own mother bludgeoned to death, with no answer - that has to instill some fear into those girls that other children don't have to live with.

"...that has to instill some fear into those girls that other children don't have to live with"

It doesn't have to. They are no more likely to be at risk than any other kid in town, and they do have the capacity to know, understand, and act accordingly without such fear. In fact, their very actions say they have NOT succumbed to the baseless fear you are demanding they need to have.

Didn't you ever think that maybe your 6th grade friend was overreacting, and living in fear that was not normal?

I believe the reward is still at $50,000. BB has said that he is done with the hunt for her killer, and is moving on.

I have no idea of what Brandon is going through - or his daughters. Or what it is like to raise 3 daughters who are as young as they are. Even if Missy died of cancer or a car accident, it is going to weigh heavy on them. He has to remain strong and in a proper frame of mind for them. He's all they have left now and they know it. The fear of what might happen to him - health or otherwise - might out weigh their desire to obsess over revenge or justice. If it were me in Brandon's situation, I don't how could deal with having to move from revenge onto finding justice.

I would add that while these are indeed BB's words, imo they are a poor choice of words in that I don't think they actually reflect what he was trying to say. As I read it in his note, the kids aren't saying they want the killer to go free, but rather that they don't want to have the entire existence of their family be focused going forward on that tragic event of the past. They want to live their lives, and have their dad live his, and leave LE with the job (if it's even doable) of figuring out, chasing, and apprehending that killer. The killer already took 1 life, and they don't want to let him take away 4 more. Since they really don't have any particular insight on the killing anyhow, it's kinda wise imo.

or a Freudian slip of his own feelings.
How can they go forward with this hanging over their heads? I could not.

If the family isn't actively pushing to find the killer, will the case go cold?

That's another reason I asked about BB and what he has been doing to find the killer. We had a local double murder where two brothers were brutally murdered in their home, and like the MB case, there were no substantial clues to work with and local LE got nowhere fast and was basically a cold case. The parents and extended family members got organized, hired a private detective, used billboards, blogs, reward funds, newspaper ads, fliers, and finally got answers a couple of years later - on their own, without LE. So when BB says he's going to stop looking for the killer, then that makes me wonder what efforts he's taken to find the killer. Not accusing him of anything - just curious about steps/measures he's taken to find the perp on his own. I'd like to know what methods he's been using that will now stop.

In fairness, he and the two older girls went on national television in the upcoming days and did an interview. I am not really sure that we have any better idea of what BB is or is not doing.

or a Freudian slip of his own feelings.
How can they go forward with this hanging over their heads? I could not.

I guess it's more important for those who are still here to move on and have a "normal" life than to have justice for a murdered loved one. I cannot pretend that I will ever understand that reasoning. I have said for the past several months that not a single person in this case has demanded justice for MB. However, people don't seem to flinch at just moving on. It's so sad and heartbreaking.

On a related note, I am sad to see that CB is now a former member of WS. I am not sure if he left of his own accord or was removed, but he has brought much new information to MB's case in the recent months. I applaud his efforts to bring her case to light and hopefully one day reach a resolution. Missy's thread certainly won't be the same.

Obviously, families of murder victims must deal with their situation in the way that helps them most. Brandon Bevers (admittedly just from the media he has done) has always struck me as maybe a depressive personality and could be seeking to protect himself and his children by distancing himself from the investigation. He looked to me very haunted and exhausted. But it is, just from watching other cases, certainly an unusual reaction from a spouse, relatively early on from the event. This was a very brutal murder in which his wife, the mother of his daughters, likely suffered great terror and pain before dying and he seems to be almost giving permission for the investigation to go cold, to be given up on.

I also find it unusual for a parent to involve their children in media appearances, to back up and to be cited as the reason for why he is pulling away from the investigation. The comment "the children are not terribly fond of apprehending this person" scores 10/10 for strangeness in my view. Surely most parents would not involve their children as a justification in this way? Why come out and state all this publicly, when you could just move on privately, it seems the father feels he has to find a reason to justify why he is not pushing for this murder to be solved?
And why are the girls more frightened that the killer will be caught than that he is still free? Are they being told that trying to find him will place the rest of their family at risk? Do the family feel that Missy was killed as part of some sort of vendetta and that is how they are explaining things to the children? The girls must have asked why their mother was murdered.

Maybe people in the community are criticising him for not pushing LE more, I don't know? Are not people in that area, let alone the family, kicking up about the fact that this has not been solved? I know if a woman had been murdered in my local church in this way, there would be huge pressure on the police. It sometimes seems like there is a "Stepford Wives" type of silence here, why?

In fairness, he and the two older girls went on national television in the upcoming days and did an interview. I am not really sure that we have any better idea of what BB is or is not doing.

I guess it's more important for those who are still here to move on and have a "normal" life than to have justice for a murdered loved one. I cannot pretend that I will ever understand that reasoning. I have said for the past several months that not a single person in this case has demanded justice for MB. However, people don't seem to flinch at just moving on. It's so sad and heartbreaking.

On a related note, I am sad to see that CB is now a former member of WS. I am not sure if he left of his own accord or was removed, but he has brought much new information to MB's case in the recent months. I applaud his efforts to bring her case to light and hopefully one day reach a resolution. Missy's thread certainly won't be the same.
Hey GA_Peach. I don't know how to snip for brevity (Tapatalk does it for me) but What?! CB has left WB?!
How do you know this?

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

Obviously, families of murder victims must deal with their situation in the way that helps them most. Brandon Bevers (admittedly just from the media he has done) has always struck me as maybe a depressive personality and could be seeking to protect himself and his children by distancing himself from the investigation. He looked to me very haunted and exhausted. But it is, just from watching other cases, certainly an unusual reaction from a spouse, relatively early on from the event. This was a very brutal murder in which his wife, the mother of his daughters, likely suffered great terror and pain before dying and he seems to be almost giving permission for the investigation to go cold, to be given up on.

I also find it unusual for a parent to involve their children in media appearances, to back up and to be cited as the reason for why he is pulling away from the investigation. The comment "the children are not terribly fond of apprehending this person" scores 10/10 for strangeness in my view. Surely most parents would not involve their children as a justification in this way? Why come out and state all this publicly, when you could just move on privately, it seems the father feels he has to find a reason to justify why he is not pushing for this murder to be solved?
And why are the girls more frightened that the killer will be caught than that he is still free? Are they being told that trying to find him will place the rest of their family at risk? Do the family feel that Missy was killed as part of some sort of vendetta and that is how they are explaining things to the children? The girls must have asked why their mother was murdered.

Maybe people in the community are criticising him for not pushing LE more, I don't know? Are not people in that area, let alone the family, kicking up about the fact that this has not been solved? I know if a woman had been murdered in my local church in this way, there would be huge pressure on the police. It sometimes seems like there is a "Stepford Wives" type of silence here, why?

I've felt the same way since the beginning! A lot of shifty eyes and move-along-folks-there's-nothing-to-see-here vibe. Why? I keep getting the feeling there's a lot more to this than we're being told.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState