Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t want to derail the discussion or put the focus on this thought because it’s just my sleep deprived brain grasping for whatever it can but...

For some reason I keep coming back to Gypsum Creek near Cessna when I obsessively comb over satellite images of Wichita. Do any locals know if that area is easily accessible?

Are you referring to the mt Vernon area between Woodlawn and Oliver?

If so, yes it is very easily accessible. It is also very close to their new home (~2 miles). My only issue is mt Vernon is a pretty busy street. I would imagine she would want to pull off into a close by neighborhood the creek runs through in order to do something under the radar. That may be pretty risky.

She could have gone in the opposite direction and went into Kingman. There is a place off of Hwy 400 to drop a body into the water. Hwy 400 turns into E D Ave and then you turn onto Maine Street. And, you will see the river and the dam...

I read on the KAKE Facebook page that EG moved in their current residence on 02/07/18 and the neighbors had last seen Lucas on 02/11/18. Lucas had supposedly FaceTimed his dad two days before he was reported missing.

Are there any junkyards or abandoned cars on a rural road nearby?

There is a salvage yard 5-6 miles away - Schmid Salvage Yard (31st and Broadway). I would go out on a limb and say it is more organized than your typical junk yard.

For no solid, explainable reason my mind keeps going to South Wichita, particularly the Emery BMX Park or the bridge right near there on MacArthur over the Arkansas river between Hydraulic and K-15.

That area in general, not a great area, high crime area, people keep to themselves/turn a blind eye to things. Both areas, easy water access, and because it's a BMX Park (and small remote controlled car course, as well as a playground) perhaps it's somewhere that has been visited before or at least known about. Right off tollway exit of Interstate 35 as well. Easy access to water, even with a vehicle. Somewhat secluded. The park closes at sunset, however access to it is not closed/un-gated

If EG has grandparents or elderly relatives close by, she could have used their property without them knowing.

Are you referring to the mt Vernon area between Woodlawn and Oliver?

If so, yes it is very easily accessible. It is also very close to their new home (~2 miles). My only issue is mt Vernon is a pretty busy street. I would imagine she would want to pull off into a close by neighborhood the creek runs through in order to do something under the radar. That may be pretty risky.

Yes, but also the Kinkaid and Edgemoor area. Or Drollinger and Skinner. Or just south of Valor Martial Arts where Woodlawn crosses (it looks like there's a little sideroad that runs next to Gypsum).

She could have gone in the opposite direction and went into Kingman. There is a place off of Hwy 400 to drop a body into the water. Hwy 400 turns into E D Ave and then you turn onto Maine Street. And, you will see the river and the dam...

The second part of your quote, I snipped out, but that's being said by a cousin of Emily who has been hardcore defending her.

For no solid, explainable reason my mind keeps going to South Wichita, particularly the Emery BMX Park or the bridge right near there on MacArthur over the Arkansas river between Hydraulic and K-15.

That area in general, not a great area, high crime area, people keep to themselves/turn a blind eye to things. Both areas, easy water access, and because it's a BMX Park (and small remote controlled car course, as well as a playground) perhaps it's somewhere that has been visited before or at least known about. Right off tollway exit of Interstate 35 as well. Easy access to water, even with a vehicle. Somewhat secluded. The park closes at sunset, however access to it is not closed/un-gated

I thought about those areas around the drive in. Emery Park entrance is easily mistaken for an entrance to one of the trailer parks down there. If you don’t know what you are looking for, it’s easy to miss. But you are right in that it does have easy access to the ‘big ditch’ and the river. It’s pretty low tho right now, you can almost see the bottom of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She could have also driven down to Udall, KS which is another possible place to drop a body into the water. It is also within the mileage and time range of the 3-hour window. I was sleuthing EG and her name pulled up a relative (possibly a parent) who lives in Udall, KS. ( I am not sleuthing her family members. They just come up during background searches)

Does anyone know if EG attended college? Where their past residence was located? And, where she possibly lived prior to meeting Lucas' dad?

Yes, but also the Kinkaid and Edgemoor area. Or Drollinger and Skinner. Or just south of Valor Martial Arts where Woodlawn crosses (it looks like there's a little sideroad that runs next to Gypsum).

Also, the parking lot of Mt. Vernon United Methodist Church.

Put yourself in EG's shoes. What would you have done with a little body? Personally, I would think deep water. It's quick. However, with the knowledge of her digging in the flower garden it makes me wonder if she wanted to make sure and have a valid reason for dirt in the crevices of her shoes and in her fingernails which causes me to wonder if she buried him somewhere.

I thought about those areas around the drive in. Emery Park entrance is easily mistaken for an entrance to one of the trailer parks down there. If you don’t know what you are looking for, it’s easy to miss. But you are right in that it does have easy access to the ‘big ditch’ and the river. It’s pretty low tho right now, you can almost see the bottom of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chapin dog park is another area just across though it's more wide open space since it's for dogs to run & play, but it also has an area with a lot of trees and places close to the water with high grasses to simply hide something, even if not in the water, just like how Emery Park does. However, the parking area being so far off as well as higher up on the hill/easier visibility, makes me think this would be less likely, but perhaps still worth a mention.

Ugh I hate speculating about what we would do.....I so want want Lucas to be found safe and sound somewhere.

I know, I know, the odds are against that, but miracles happen every day. I've seen a few happen myself.

What do I think she did, if she did it?

I do not think the ground was frozen enough to make digging super hard, but I think it would have been more energy than she would have wanted to exert.

Going to a pond or some sort of water in the city would have been too risky...someone could have seen something.

I don't think I would have picked anywhere in Wichita.

I would choose to drive somewhere very rural.

A field.

Out in the middle of nowhere that has a thick tree line. I'd place a body in the tree line.

While dirt cover-up may be a possible reason for her being in the garden, I'm thinking it was probably just gardening. She had been living in an apartment for three years. I remember moving into my first home after an apartment and being so anxious to take care of my own yard finally. Do we know if it appeared she was seen digging/planting or just clearing out old weeds? I have a feeling the college kids that rented the house previously may not have done much in the way of yard maintenance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousNelly61