Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Child Deaths Resulting From Inflicted Injuries: Household Risk Factors and Perpetrator Characteristics

Patricia G. Schnitzer, PhD and Bernard G. Ewigman, MD, MSPH

Additional article information

Abstract

Objective.

To determine the role of household composition as an independent risk factor for fatal inflicted injuries among young children and describe perpetrator characteristics.

Design, Setting, and Population.

A population-based, case-control study of all children <5 years of age who died in Missouri between January 1, 1992, and December 31, 1999. Missouri Child Fatality Review Program data were analyzed. Cases all involved children with injuries inflicted by a parent or caregiver. Two age-matched controls per case child were selected randomly from children who died of natural causes.

Main Outcome Measure.

Inflicted-injury death. Household composition of case and control children was compared by using multivariate logistic regression. We hypothesized that children residing in households with adults unrelated to them are at higher risk of inflicted-injury death than children residing in households with 2 biological parents.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm wondering if maybe LE has considered Lucas' father meeting with EG and pleading for information to find his son. Who knows, sometimes it works.

Could someone check out the area of Witchita State University? In one of EG's Facebook pictures, she is wearing a Witchita State University hoodie. On Google Maps there is water and field around the University.
I went to WSU--albeit in the early 90's...it's a busy campus. I wouldn't think that's a spot that she would choose.

You are very close to me then!!

I was thinking the same thing after reading where you have been looking. I’m in Bel Aire. I’ve heard a few drones flying over my house today, that very well could mean nothing but I’m listening intently for more just in case. I know the areas that have been searched like the back of my hand, I’ve walked those areas for years. They don’t seem to be checking the trails so much as the open fields around the parks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could someone check out the area of Witchita State University? In one of EG's Facebook pictures, she is wearing a Witchita State University hoodie. On Google Maps there is water and field around the University.

WSU is in a very urban area, not the best part of town. There’s a big police substation plus campus police, and tons of security cameras. The golf course is gone now so there is little chance anyone would go there in a situation like this. All you have to do is drive 3 miles north and you are outside of Wichita.

I was thinking the same thing after reading where you have been looking. I&#8217;m in Bel Aire. I&#8217;ve heard a few drones flying over my house today, that very well could mean nothing but I&#8217;m listening intently for more just in case. I know the areas that have been searched like the back of my hand, I&#8217;ve walked those areas for years. They don&#8217;t seem to be checking the trails so much as the open fields around the parks.

I am in Bel Aire, too.

We went out to KDot lakes and there were quite a few people at both lakes so I think if there was anything to be found, it would be. We also went down a side road north of Glen Dey park and were surprised within the wooded area there was a very deep ravine. I am assuming LE flew drones over the area because there were only a few spots where the dry brush was knocked down. Mr. Pink walked any that was knocked down and determined it was just animal activity.

I know EG has been arrested for endangerment but... what if...

She actually had nothing at all to do with Lucas' disappearance?

Is that possible?
Is that even realistic to assume?

Based on all I've read about her, she seems like the worst person in the world to be bringing up kids, but is it even possible she actually had nothing to do with Lucas going missing?

I just have to throw that out there. Just in case.

What you are seeing is what was the campus golf course until it closed a couple of years ago....now it is the Innovation Campus area with recently constructed buildings and multiple buildings under construction. The campus is an active and busy place most days and even nights with many more night classes than most universities have, as many students work a full normal work week and attend classes at night. There are also many sports events on campus at night with a 100% sell out crowd at the home basketball games, and baseball and softball have just started with games this weekend, also.

http://wsuinnovationcampus.org

Forgot to add that one of the new buildings is a law enforcement training center.

I know EG has been arrested for endangerment but... what if...

She actually had nothing at all to do with Lucas' disappearance?

Is that possible?
Is that even realistic to assume?

Based on all I've read about her, she seems like the worst person in the world to be bringing up kids, but is it even possible she actually had nothing to do with Lucas going missing?

I just have to throw that out there. Just in case.

You're not the only one. I've thought that also.

Do people actually garden in Kansas in mid-February? Even if there is a 70 degree day, is it normal for people to pull weeds or do other gardening? I can see possibly cleaning debris out of the yard just to be outdoors on a nice day but it sounds like EG and the little girl were on their knees in the flower bed. It sounds strange to me.

You're not the only one. I've thought that also.
I believe that if there was that much doubt she wouldn't be sitting in jail right now. LE knows more than we do.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

I believe that if there was that much doubt she wouldn't be sitting in jail right now. LE knows more than we do.

She's in jail for endangerment though, as she should be. Everything else is just a prayer and a hope at this point. If she's not involved in worse, or somehow clever enough to spar with LEOs, it could be a long wait for us. [emoji26]

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I can't shake the impression that I don't think she put him in water. I think he's going to be found somewhere more terrestrial. I'm really hoping the DA lays some serious charges on her tomorrow in order to open a plea negotiation that would include revealing where Lucas' is.

I agree. I don't think he's in the water, either. I think he's in bushes, brush, lots of trees type of area.

I can’t remember exactly where I read this but one of the reasons the focus has been on the Chisholm Creek Park is because that’s where the custody exchanges were made between EG and her children’s father. It’s half way between Park City and where they live so it would be a good place to do it.

It might be a good place to do it, but is she smarter than we think she is? If the police know that this was the location where she exchanged kiddos, then it seems that it would be OBVIOUS, no? I would think maybe she wants somewhere that is unfamiliar, because as far as LE is concerned, she would have no reason to be there, know what I mean?

Maybe I'm giving her more credit than I should.

The second part of your quote, I snipped out, but that's being said by a cousin of Emily who has been hardcore defending her.

So dad did NOT Facetime Lucas on the date mentioned? (I don't want to put it here if not true, I guess) Let me know, because I will need to edit my other post as well.

So that changes the timeline a bit, no?

Moved into new house 2/7.
Neighbors saw him on 2/11.
He was reported missing 2/17.

That only leaves a 36 to 48 hour window of when he ACTUALLY went missing. Wonder what her phone pings at that time frame.
Thanks to provide a link on FaceTime comment....or please delete. Thanks much.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I'm not from or familiar with the area. I've looked at the maps posted, but haven't seen all locations together and how far/close they are, so I was unsure.

No problem.....it is always frustrating to try to think out rationally how an irrational person might act! As far as a normal person would think, the turnpike would logically be the ONE road to absolutely avoid if they wanted to go somewhere untraceable and undetected.

Squirrel85 said:
She could have gone in the opposite direction and went into Kingman. There is a place off of Hwy 400 to drop a body into the water. Hwy 400 turns into E D Ave and then you turn onto Maine Street. And, you will see the river and the dam...

I read on the KAKE Facebook page that EG moved in their current residence on 02/07/18 and the neighbors had last seen Lucas on 02/11/18. Lucas had supposedly FaceTimed his dad two days before he was reported missing.

BBM

Where's the MSM report / LE update regarding the 15 February Face-Timing with Dad?

I haven't watched the interview w/ bioparents. I saw the picture of the two of them on the couch and my heart aches for Mom. Knowing that one of the few things she was able to convey on camera was that Lucas wanted to be like his daddy, just doesn't jive with the body language to me.

I wonder if it was a set up something similar to the Laura Wallen press conference. I wonder if EG was made aware if it or the search efforts from her jail cell.

Is it true that LE has ruled out abduction and they are calling it a criminal investigation (but not a homicide investigation)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic