Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a picture. There are hundreds of these trees on both sides of the bridge you were talking about.
701e87e82a8358a7f43139c71f4adeb0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been fishing right there a billion times. Fish like to gather around those trees. I’ve also lost a billion lures there too lol.

I’ve been fishing right there a billion times. Fish like to gather around those trees. I’ve also lost a billion lures there too lol.

They sure do. There is a lot of brush to get caught on under the surface. Makes me queasy thinking about what could be snagged under there [emoji21]

Remember, everyone, if a post violates WS rules - like sleuthing someone who is not a POI - alert a mod by clicking on the triangle under the post. Don't "reply" to the post because that makes harder work for the mods to clean it all up and puts the thread at risk for closing.

I'm not telling anyone how to post, but reminding everyone what Tricia has asked of us.

Alert!

Inmyhumbleopinion...

Lucas’s mom’s is not a POI. I was under the impression that sleuthing couldn’t be done on people who aren’t persons of interest. Am I wrong?

You are correct.

She is not a POI and nothing about her should be sleuthed (made public anyway). People can do all the searching they want, but nothing can be posted here regarding what she may or may have not had to do with this situation.

I will not verify the actual reasons that Lucas’s mom doesn’t have 50/50 custody. I will say that she didn’t “lose custody” ever at any point. They have joint legal custody with visitations at the discretion of Lucas’s dad.

Drugs were not a reason for their custody agreement.

I also think it's important to note, JO (Lucas's mom) is a victim in all of this. Let's remember that when we are posting about her at all.

I am so sorry if I upset you in any way, FLA, or anyone, for that matter. I have edited my post.

And I am so sorry, FLA, that you and your loved ones are going through this.

I just wanted to say I do not suspect Lucas’ mom at all. Not only is there zero evidence of her being involved, I could tell from the interview that she is truly and genuinely upset that Lucas hasn’t been found, just as any caring, loving parent would be under the circumstances.

Also, I am not interested in finding out why Lucas’ mom doesn’t have 50/50 custody, as it is not relevant whatsoever to his disappearance, IMO. Plus, none of us know “the whole story.” I have had people judge me because my children do not live with me full-time: They don’t know the whole story, and I don’t care to advertise it, because I know in my heart I am doing the very best I can for my own children.

I don’t want to take any attention away from Lucas, so I will stop now. Again, I am so sorry.

That depends on what the child endangerment charges entail. The charges are being presented to the DA tomorrow. We will see if anything gets added onto her current charges.

I’m not sure that she would have a trial with these charges.. I’m guessing just a sentencing?

Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

I wonder if her previous charges related to past violence would have made it a heftier charge, if this were the case. IIRC family has repeatedly said that these charges are not related to the disappearance. This is why I'm wondering about the reason they came about.

I'm anxious to hear more about these charges tomorrow!

MOD NOTE

STOP sleuthing the bio mom and bio dad of Lucas. As of right now, they have not been named POIs or suspects in their son's disappearance.

You may comment on their interview(s) and what they said in those interview(s), but you may not sleuth their backgrounds at this time on the forum.

And someone had better show me some proof that one or both of them are drug users before this thread gets shut down again. I've read nothing but speculation about Lucas' father and/or bio mother using drugs. I have seen no concrete evidence of that.

Thank you for your cooperation and please try to stay on topic of figuring out where little Lucas is.

But I'm not sure it's accurate. Or there are two 26 year old EG's who lived in Andover. It's confusing because our VI confirmed EG lived in Andover. But there is another EG same age that lived in Andover and Manhatten, KS and went to school in NY and is currently an instructor at Kansas State. If you look you can find her linked in (we can't link to it here). She looks very similar to the EG in this case but I don't think it is her. Maybe our VI was mistaken about Andover?

She did live in Andover-and went to high school there- I can post a screenshot but it does have her or her parents address on there- is this permissible?

Have you had to cross it before or is it just the picture of the bridge that you hate? I've never been across it myself but this photo makes me queasy, it just looks like a highway deck with no barriers seperating the road surface from the water.

This bridge is on the turnpike and it would be very difficult to pull over, especially on this part. The shoulders are shallow and there is always traffic, at all hours of the day and night.

Have you had to cross it before or is it just the picture of the bridge that you hate? I've never been across it myself but this photo makes me queasy, it just looks like a highway deck with no barriers seperating the road surface from the water.

There are barriers.....and the water level is MUCH lower now than in the photo. Traffic is also zooming along right there at 75 mph (or more, in many cases) with a huge amount of truck traffic at that speed frequently pulling two and sometimes three semi trailers on one rig. I have traveled that road often and have NEVER once seen any type of vehicle stopped on the bridge. There is also traffic both day and night. It is a heavily traveled road.

There are barriers.....and the water level is MUCH lower now than in the photo. Traffic is also zooming along right there at 75 mph (or more, in many cases) with a huge amount of truck traffic at that speed frequently pulling two and sometimes three semi trailers on one rig. I have traveled that road often and have NEVER once seen any type of vehicle stopped on the bridge. There is also traffic both day and night. It is a heavily traveled road.

Is there another way to get to the water without crossing the bridge? Somewhere that might be a bit more hidden?

She did live in Andover-and went to high school there- I can post a screenshot but it does have her or her parents address on there- is this permissible?

No, please don't post screen shots. The VI cleared it up. I believe there is a mistake on some address/data websites and it is mixing up her records with another EG. I think we got it clear now so we won't post any data/links on the wrong person. Thanks.

I've never been across it and I generally have no problems with bridges. It just makes me feel uneasy and I don't know why.
jmo
ETA I just have had an odd feeling concerning a bridge being involved in this case. It means nothing. Probably remnants of a dream. This turnpike bridge would be way too busy for such a horrible purpose, I realize that.

Is there another way to get to the water without crossing the bridge? Somewhere that might be a bit more hidden?

There are, but it’s almost an hour away from the middle of Wichita and the entrances to the lake are locked at night. It’s possible to get close but it would be difficult. Wichita has so many other lakes, ponds and the Arkansas river running thru it that would be closer and easier to get to.

Both of the parks LE was searching have fishing ponds close by that are open 24/7 to the public. We have done a lot of night fishing at both.

This is the one by Glen Dey I took this summer
11ae7847bd1d6a373a25ebd7d0595dcc.jpg

And this is the one by Chisholm Creek during the day and at night.
f61d02f3998834291a3f370ad425c3c1.jpg
6ce12e7522babf18d989fbce27714ea4.jpg

I can't shake the impression that I don't think she put him in water. I think he's going to be found somewhere more terrestrial. I'm really hoping the DA lays some serious charges on her tomorrow in order to open a plea negotiation that would include revealing where Lucas' is.

I can't shake the impression that I don't think she put him in water. I think he's going to be found somewhere more terrestrial. I'm really hoping the DA lays some serious charges on her tomorrow in order to open a plea negotiation that would include revealing where Lucas' is.

Probably hidden in plain sight.

I just don't think he is that far away, 5 or 10 miles.

Such a large area to search...for such a small little boy :(. If only someone would remember seeing something, anything.

Hi will it be released to media what they present to DA or only if DA agrees to more charges.
Is it possible they just present evidence of endangerment to keep her locked up while still investigating further ? Obviously we are hoping for way more serious charge but just wondering ? US always seem to be a lot more open with criminal investigations. I'm worried she won't talk.

A more solid timeline from LE would be so helpful in attempting to establish how close or far away Lucas may be and whether someone was very panicked and rushed or if they had more time to spare to think, plan and travel a further distance out.

I don’t want to derail the discussion or put the focus on this thought because it’s just my sleep deprived brain grasping for whatever it can but...

For some reason I keep coming back to Gypsum Creek near Cessna when I obsessively comb over satellite images of Wichita. Do any locals know if that area is easily accessible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlitedragon