TX - Austin Package Bombs #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been to Bible camp and none of those activities were ever offered. The camp sounds a bit off RIOT? Is it an extremist survivalist camp or like Boy Scot Scouts I wonder.

Yeah - I’m not a gambler, but I’m willing to bet that 99.9% of Bible Camps are not anything remotely similar to the video.

What are survivalists? And I can never understand Jesus and guns. Thou shalt not kill. Love one another. That kind of stuff. It is a mystery to me

Survivalists are people who build bunkers at their homes and stockpile food, water, weapons, etc. in anticipation of some kind of coming apocalypse, government takeover, etc. Most do the same kind of collecting and hiding, but the reasons that motivate them vary. It's sort of like the article gitana1 linked about "cosmic warfare".

JMO
After having time to process the news I wonder if

-He may have only blown up one package and the other one went off because of the first one exploding near it

-I do think he would have put more bombs out if not caught. Glad LE got to him and glad he is no longer a threat.

-I still dont understand why he got careless and went into the FEDEX store himself to ship a package. Wearing gloves no less. So many clues he gave away once he did that and video too.

Was he that stupid all this time or was he at his end game and wanted to finally get caught?
I almost feel like he wanted suicide by cop where he wanted a final confrontation.

I think he wanted to get caught.

From the interview with his friend at the link, it sounds like his parents were survivalists. In the area where I live, that's not uncommon in some fundamentalist Christian families who home school. That may not be the norm, but its similar to quite a few families I know and have encountered. I don't discriminate or judge people like that, but, it's not my thing. These are mostly families I've met who my kids befriended when they were young.

I don’t know if you live in the UP, but maybe 15 years ago or maybe it was more, there were a lot of survivalists up there. My husband had business in the area and would be there at least once a month.

He got to know them. They truly believed that POC from Detroit were coming for their women so they were preparing for the war.

I may be wrong, but I think a lot of survivalists are preparing against POC.

JMO

-He may have only blown up one package and the other one went off because of the first one exploding near it

-I do think he would have put more bombs out if not caught. Glad LE got to him and glad he is no longer a threat.

-I still dont understand why he got careless and went into the FEDEX store himself to ship a package. Wearing gloves no less. So many clues he gave away once he did that and video too.

Was he that stupid all this time or was he at his end game and wanted to finally get caught?
I almost feel like he wanted suicide by cop where he wanted a final confrontation.
SABBM

If he just wanted to die... what a pity he didn't just take himself out and leave others alone !
If he'd killed only himself-- it would have been the best case scenario.

And Anthony and Draylen would be alive !! :( :cry:
:moo:

JMO

I agree. I still holding out thoughts that there may be more involved in some way than just him. Just from reading ..

Those "exotic batteries from Asia". They figured that out and got Customs records of who ordered/purchased them.

ETA: maybe why they are now saying this

0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes
Reply Retweet Like Direct message

Balaji Sridharan
‏Verified account @indianguytweets
11m11 minutes ago
More
#BREAKING: Federal official: "Reasonable level of certainty" no more #Austin package bombs "out in the public," but awareness urged. - vi @AP #AustinBombings #AustinStrong #AustinSerialBomber

He can be, and is, all of those things: quiet, well-behaved, went to church, criminal, terrorist. This guy is also a son, neighbor, friend, community member. He’s also a murderer.

IMO, “othering” him to the point that he’s solely an evil monster — a hump-backed, googly-eyed character or trope — inhibits anyone from understanding why it happened or how to prevent it in the future. It might makes us feel safer in the short term, but it doesn’t actually protect us from anything.

Exactly. Hopefully, his social media presence, dating history, and medical records will explain his mindset.

Was he angry at the world and, after losing financial interests, trying to prove he was the smartest guy in the room like the Las Vegas shooter and Kazinski did? Was he angry at the world because he thought he didn’t fit in like Elliott Rodgers felt? Was he radicalized and felt he had a mission to accomplish like Dylan Roof did? Was he a paranoid schizophrenic whose budding paranoia rose up like James Holmes’ organic brain disease did? Was he a mentally damaged person who had privacy and access to weapons like Cruz and Lanza did?

Guess we will find out soon. Hopefully people will want to learn about his mindset and not just turn things around to fit their agenda.

Survivalists are people who build bunkers at their homes and stockpile food, water, weapons, etc. in anticipation of some kind of coming apocalypse, government takeover, etc. Most do the same kind of collecting and hiding, but the reasons that motivate them vary. It's sort of like the article gitana1 linked about "cosmic warfare".

the above kind of survivalist frenzied post-apocalyptic mixed with the normal stresses of life -being out of a job, about to lose your place- is a really dangerous mix for some people. what makes a few people so vulnerable to lashing out violently.

idk how to feel on the "wait til all the facts are in to call him a terrorist" he made bombs and sent them out into the world. people were afraid. that's terrorism.

Those "exotic batteries from Asia". They figured that out and got Customs records of who ordered/purchased them.

RSBM

That money trail should be interesting... esp. if anyone else ordered bomb-making supplies for the murderer.

Could be, but on his social media he said he likes biking, and that kind of thing. Bomb # 4 was at an entrance to a biking, hiking trail. ( not a for sale sign)
I bet dollars to donuts he knew who he was targeting, possibly knows them through such activities, although may not have ever had direct contact with them, but knows who they are and where they live, bike, hike, walk, and what time etc.
It's so horrific, how one can hold so much hate, and poisonous bile for anyone who is not homgonous. So much that they turn into terrorist.
This is why I love quilting. When things get dark, and ugly, I can make beautiful,happy, snuggly quilts. Flawed,and imperfect, but those I make them for love them.

The young male victims were his age group. He might have known them and knew their schedule.

Exactly. Hopefully, his social media presence, dating history, and medical records will explain his mindset.

Was he angry at the world and, after losing financial interests, trying to prove he was the smartest guy in the room like the Las Vegas shooter and Kazinski did? Was he angry at the world because he thought he didn’t fit in like Elliott Rodgers felt? Was he radicalized and felt he had a mission to accomplish like Dylan Roof did? Was he a paranoid schizophrenic whose budding paranoia rose up like James Holmes’ organic brain disease did? Was he a mentally damaged person who had privacy and access to weapons like Cruz and Lanza did?

Guess we will find out soon. Hopefully people will want to learn about his mindset and not just turn things around to fit their agenda.

I couldn't possibly agree with you and EuTuCroquet even more than I already do. Society needs to stop othering domestic terrorists/mass shooters. We'll never understand anything about them if we make them out to be a boogey man. The "othering" of people like the bomber is a natural, human self-protective thing -to separate us from "the monsters" -but it needs to be overcome if we ever hope to stop the trend.

Destiny Chance
‏@DestinyonFOX7
6m6 minutes ago
More
#BREAKING There is no record of the bombing suspect Mark Anthony Conditt of ever staying at the Red Roof Inn in Round Rock - according to the general manager and surveillance video. @fox7austin #AustinBombings #atx #austin #news

Lots of info here : https://www.buzzfeed.com/tasneemnas...hony-conditt?utm_term=.vp2r5KwPZL#.laKz7J2pMr

snip

Schultz 21, told BuzzFeed News that she ran in the same conservative survivalist circles in high school as Conditt.

Schultz said they were both involved in a group called Righteous Invasion of Truth (RIOT), a Bible study and outdoors group for homeschooled kids that included monthly activities such as archery, gun skills, and water balloon fights. Conditt and his younger sister would usually attend the activities along with 15 to 20 other kids, according to Schultz.

“A lot of us were very into science; we would discuss chemicals and how to mix them and which ones were dangerous,” said Schultz, who is now a house painter. “We were into weapons and stuff. A lot of us did role-playing, and RPG [role-playing games]; we’d have foam weapons and act out a battle.”

Schultz described Conditt as a "pretty normal kid." She said that a lot of children who were part of RIOT carried knives and learned how to shoot guns at gun ranges, but she didn't recall bombs or bomb-making being a specific topic of discussion at RIOT.

RIOT events also included 30 minutes to an hour of Bible study, Schultz said.

She said she attended Bible study at Conditt’s parents' home, where they would study a Bible passage and talk about how it applied to their daily lives. She described the family as “more conservative, strictly religious.”

“[Mark Conditt] always had deep and interesting insights, from what I remember," Schultz said. "He thought really deeply about stuff."

It doesn't sound like average people to me. Also, I think survivalist stuff as religion are a bad mix for people with a tendency to be "off" (criminal or crazy or both).

Well the 'new' pot on the street is laced with PCP or fentanyl both of which WILL make you violent. See the recent news of the college kid in Michigan who shot his parents in his dorm after Oding on laced pot.

None of that allows for the kind of methodical planning these crimes required.

24 is still young and its a good chance that he always spent their money and not his own.

Jmo

No job, needed income to eat so where was he getting his money from? Most likely parents, odd jobs.

Destiny Chance
‏@DestinyonFOX7
6m6 minutes ago
More
#BREAKING There is no record of the bombing suspect Mark Anthony Conditt of ever staying at the Red Roof Inn in Round Rock - according to the general manager and surveillance video. @fox7austin #AustinBombings #atx #austin #news

How bizarre. I wonder what he was doing there!

Austin Police Dept
‏
Verified account

@Austin_Police
Following Following @Austin_Police
More
Media: APD, local, state and federal partners will host a news conference today at 6 p.m. to provide an update on the Austin package bomb murder investigation.

MAC APD 1.JPG

MAC APD presser 1.JPG

OK, I'm LOL'ing here at "survivalists" and "Pflugerville" in the same sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3