GUILTY UT - Breezy Otteson, 17, & Riley Powell, 18, found deceased, Tooele, 30 Dec 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just watched presser on KUTV 2 Facebook page. So tragic, and his father kept repeating to close all the mines.

Early in the investigation, police focused on Riley's mother, Mistie Carlson, and her boyfriend, Lee Shepherd, who live in the small Tooele County town of Lofgreen with Riley's grandmother, Linda Powell, and her boyfriend.
When asked Wednesday about the investigation’s apparent shift from Carlson and Shepherd, Cannon kept quiet.
“There are some things we know that we can’t release yet,” he said.
https://www.sltrib.com/news/2018/0...of-missing-teens-were-pulled-from-mine-shaft/

I wonder what that means.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Early in the investigation, police focused on Riley's mother, Mistie Carlson, and her boyfriend, Lee Shepherd, who live in the small Tooele County town of Lofgreen with Riley's grandmother, Linda Powell, and her boyfriend.
When asked Wednesday about the investigation’s apparent shift from Carlson and Shepherd, Cannon kept quiet.
“There are some things we know that we can’t release yet,” he said.
https://www.sltrib.com/news/2018/0...of-missing-teens-were-pulled-from-mine-shaft/

I wonder what that means.

I wonder if Baum pointed the finger at Lee when he said he heard Riley got into a fight with a man on New Years Eve ?

I don't trust Henderson. Imo, she lured Riley up to her house. For a "drug deal gone bad". I think the whole thing was set up by her and Baum. I wish the media would release the arrest affidavit. Iirc, there was some back and foth and took some convincing to get Riley up there so late at night.

I wonder if Baum pointed the finger at Lee when he said he heard Riley got into a fight with a man on New Years Eve ?

That’s possible. Early in the investigation it was mentioned that they had received a tip about the kids being sighted at a party on New Years Eve at Mistie’s place. I wonder if that came from Baum or Henderson as well. And the tie down strap in the bed of Lee’s truck? Maybe camo tie downs are popular, idk.

I don't trust Henderson. Imo, she lured Riley up to her house. For a "drug deal gone bad". I think the whole thing was set up by her and Baum. I wish the media would release the arrest affidavit. Iirc, there was some back and foth and took some convincing to get Riley up there so late at night.

That’s exactly what I think. Maybe expecting the kids to have some cash on them? NY Eve was the next night, I doubt either of these felons had legit jobs/source of income, and drugs and booze aren’t free. I find it hard to believe that Baum was able to keep them quiet and in one place while he rounded up some rope and duct tape and immobilized them. I think she helped him. I don’t believe her wonky story about him being jealous. How does that make sense Riley and Breezy were a couple.

I hope we get the arrest warrant soon. I’m also curious about what Baum’s account will be. It doesn’t make sense to me that he’d hunt the teens down once they left, or that they’d hide the bodies, then return to dump evidence in a nearby barrel.

He has been in prison since the end of January. It’s interesting that a traffic stop (and what a stop it was with a vehicle full of weapons, drugs & alcohol) is what it took to wring at least the location of the bodies from her.

I sure hope her son is with caring adults.

My opinion/speculation only is that there is a drug connection between the arrested subjects and the bio mom/boyfriend.

Check out the way she describes herself. So she’s moody, unstable/volatile, loyal and a great storyteller? Hmmmm. ..
8bdad2e0ff7498ac5c4432c0d9a2e04b.jpg

I've got pics of the affidavit!!!! Busy morning here i will upload as soon as I can.

I've asked elementalaura for help uploading the affidavit. My tablet won't cooperate this morning. I want to give a shout out to Jeremy Harris from KUTV news for kindly sharing the affidavit with us.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0465.jpg
    IMG_0465.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 649
  • IMG_0466.jpg
    IMG_0466.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 654
I've asked elementalaura for help uploading the affidavit. My tablet won't cooperate this morning. I want to give a shout out to Jeremy Harris from KUTV news for kindly sharing the affidavit with us.

You are amazing!

This struck me:

We are a small town and somebody comes into town, and they have murderers all of a sudden,” said Kathy Garbett, Eureka resident. "That's scary; it's very scary."

Neighbors said Baum and Henderson were living with his dad in a Mammoth home, but that he hadn't lived there that long, and they don't know much about him.

http://kutv.com/news/local/who-is-j...s-criminal-history-including-attempted-murder

I am totally in agreement with the idea of closing all of the mine shafts.
Just PLEASE search them FIRST to make sure there are no other bodies.
I was so hoping Susan would be found during the search for Breezy and Riley.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
learningtolive616
Back