Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In many ways, a boat makes more sense. MC didn't have a boat, so you have the problem of how to move either a live MC or deceased MC from the shop, to the ramp, to the boat. And no one seems to have seen anything like that, either.

Just hoping beyond hope we get much more info on the phone movement. I keep harping on that. If it did move from his home to the bridge, it certainly didn't get there by itself. I can't buy a theory that if foul play, perp 1 took MC by vehicle, while perp 2 walked fast/jogged/biked by him/herself for the sole reason of tossing MC's phone off the bridge.
That is true. I believe someone would have noticed something suspicious as well..which is why i always lean more towards the idea that he was attacked in his shop and his body is probably still on the property

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

The no-shoulder on the road is quite problematic. Truthfully, most people don't remember details well at all. Probably because I'm not that many years away from being 70, I don't see being 70 as necessarily being elderly, and I've seen lots of people @that age on bikes ( and walking, and jogging ) . I may well have seen someone on a bike or fast-walking last week, and wouldn't remember.

At least we know for a fact that there was at least one bike in that shop :) At some point.
Ok i can rephrase that. Someone would have noticed anyone on a bike riding in the street especially if they had to slow down for them. You are correct when you say a lot of people don't remember little details but some people get annoyed when they have to slow down for bicyclists, and i think that incident would stick out to them.

I believe she put the house on the market in early February of this year...and there is a huge flea market nearby that she could've bought the bike from... more than likely would have been a cash transaction
Well then, if she is staging, I trust she bought 2 bikes and threw one over the bridge.

Not really snarking here, but wouldn't divorce have been easier?

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

The no-shoulder on the road is quite problematic. Truthfully, most people don't remember details well at all. Probably because I'm not that many years away from being 70, I don't see being 70 as necessarily being elderly, and I've seen lots of people @that age on bikes ( and walking, and jogging ) . I may well have seen someone on a bike or fast-walking last week, and wouldn't remember.

At least we know for a fact that there was at least one bike in that shop :) At some point.
I wouldnt put too much stock in that bike. Those pictures appear to be taken well after the disappearance and it could easily have been planted there..besides whose bike do we think it is? It wouldnt make sense that it belonged to MC because his bike is supposedly at the bottom of the lake...unless he jumped in and the bike returned home on its own

Well then, if she is staging, I trust she bought 2 bikes and threw one over the bridge.

Big possibility...and I agree...a divorce would have been a much easier and better option!

But for greed.

I wouldnt put too much stock in that bike. Those pictures appear to be taken well after the disappearance and it could easily have been planted there..besides whose bike do we think it is? It wouldnt make sense that it belonged to MC because his bike is supposedly at the bottom of the lake...unless he jumped in and the bike returned home on its own

That certainly makes sense from our perspective. We know of all this. But my thoughts about staging were that BC was hoping the casual observer would not note anything unusual about the photos, related to them being taken after MC's disappearance.

In my opinion, she was trying to slide it under the radar of that casual observer. The only reaction she ( and others ) hoped for was, "Oh, look! There's the bike! SM is correct. There was a bike in that shop!"

Sort of a 'photo-shop' approach, so to speak, to insert a bike into the narrative. "See, there it is!"

She and the others were not counting on dealing with us. We're the monkey wrench in all of their narrative. I bet they hate the way we dissect every thing they say and do, while we constantly point out the absurdities of it all.

Sort of like someone trying to perform impromptu sleight-of-hand tricks in front of an audience, while a group off-stage is pointing out to everyone what the 'magician' is really doing.

Maybe I am reading too much into this, but I just think it's really strange that the photos show a bike when MC's family insist he didn't own a bike and had never ridden one...

JMO

In many ways, a boat makes more sense. MC didn't have a boat, so you have the problem of how to move either a live MC or deceased MC from the shop, to the ramp, to the boat. And no one seems to have seen anything like that, either.

Just hoping beyond hope we get much more info on the phone movement. I keep harping on that. If it did move from his home to the bridge, it certainly didn't get there by itself. I can't buy a theory that if foul play, perp 1 took MC by vehicle, while perp 2 walked fast/jogged/biked by him/herself for the sole reason of tossing MC's phone off the bridge.
Perhaps he never made it home. I will just throw out a possibility or 2, probably you'll be able to poke holes but that's ok, just speculating. If he were stopped on the way home, asked or forced to get in someone's vehicle and driven to their place or a private location which is not easily seen by passersby, then they could have shot him and loaded him into a boat and thrown a tarp over his body and gone down to the boat ramp. Or the same thing might have happened at his house, a vehicle pulling up to the shop would be visible from the road but less so to neighbors. If someone (s) were waiting in the shop for him when he got home they would have the jump on him and could have been able to force him into a vehicle quickly and again take him to a location where they would put his body in the boat.
I read some articles and forums on boating recently and sometimes people have a lot of unexpected difficulty with their boat speed when they have added too much weight for the motor. A boat carrying MC's body might also have 2 or 3 big guys and weights on his body as well. It may have been abnormally slow or intentionally slow so as to get to the chosen area after dark.
But my point is that if they were able to get him to another location they would not have to worry about being seen. Maybe even someone got in his vehicle and either at gunpoint or through a ruse of needing help or to see a car, they were able to get him to a secluded location.

Perhaps he never made it home. I will just throw out a possibility or 2, probably you'll be able to poke holes but that's ok, just speculating. If he were stopped on the way home, asked or forced to get in someone's vehicle and driven to their place or a private location which is not easily seen by passersby, then they could have shot him and loaded him into a boat and thrown a tarp over his body and gone down to the boat ramp. Or the same thing might have happened at his house, a vehicle pulling up to the shop would be visible from the road but less so to neighbors. If someone (s) were waiting in the shop for him when he got home they would have the jump on him and could have been able to force him into a vehicle quickly and again take him to a location where they would put his body in the boat.
I read some articles and forums on boating recently and sometimes people have a lot of unexpected difficulty with their boat speed when they have added too much weight for the motor. A boat carrying MC's body might also have 2 or 3 big guys and weights on his body as well. It may have been abnormally slow or intentionally slow so as to get to the chosen area after dark.
But my point is that if they were able to get him to another location they would not have to worry about being seen. Maybe even someone got in his vehicle and either at gunpoint or through a ruse of needing help or to see a car, they were able to get him to a secluded location.
My husband fishes that lake every weekend and when RM made his statement about the speed, he said that sounds more like the speed of a boat that is trolling than of someone riding a bike. If he was taken by boat, the route the boat would have taken doesn't match the GPS info that RM gave because he said they tracked him on the route he would have taken by road... I believe either scenario you mentioned is very likely. A year ago, I was convinced he was pulled over or flagged down on the way home, harmed elsewhere and that the blood was planted...but something nags at me about that idea...the trip between w almart and his house is pretty short... I just dont think there was enough time or opportunity to do anything on the side of the road..its too risky that someone would drive by. It's a frequently travelled road. The idea that he was attacked in his shop makes the most sense to me...im still not decided on whether i think he was taken elsewhere and killed, or killed on the property and buried there ...but I'm leaning more towards him still being there or close

The lean to attached to the garage is open in the back, away from the road on the opposite side of the house away from neighbors. Anything could happen back there and no one would see a thing even in daylight. If something happened there, forced into a vehicle, he probably couldn't have been bleeding at that point or the dogs would have hit on it. But we dont know what the dogs found and what they didn't only that they found a concentrated hit at the culvert. If he were lured and jumped back there it would be easy to cover up "signs of a struggle".

Exactly...if you are standing in the street and looking at the shop, to the left is a heavily wooded area...a perfect place for someone and their vehicle to stay out of sight from the street, neighbors, etc... The way his wallet and keys were found leads me to believe he entered the shop, set his stuff down as usual, and was snuck up on and attacked right there...

My husband fishes that lake every weekend and when RM made his statement about the speed, he said that sounds more like the speed of a boat that is trolling than of someone riding a bike. If he was taken by boat, the route the boat would have taken doesn't match the GPS info that RM gave because he said they tracked him on the route he would have taken by road... I believe either scenario you mentioned is very likely. A year ago, I was convinced he was pulled over or flagged down on the way home, harmed elsewhere and that the blood was planted...but something nags at me about that idea...the trip between w almart and his house is pretty short... I just dont think there was enough time or opportunity to do anything on the side of the road..its too risky that someone would drive by. It's a frequently travelled road. The idea that he was attacked in his shop makes the most sense to me...im still not decided on whether i think he was taken elsewhere and killed, or killed on the property and buried there ...but I'm leaning more towards him still being there or close

We don't know anything yet about the phone tracking. I believe GPS tracking is deleted when the account is deleted and not recoverable after a few days. I believe it can even be deleted before that by someone who knows your password. But I'm not an expert. Anyway, I don't believe they have GPS and that's why they had to take the ping data maybe along with cell tower dumps to an expert to track. Also it was the first PI the family hired who did that, I think if HCSO got GPS data in the first day he was missing they wouldnt have needed a PI 8 months later to get it. With that, if there were no way to travel but by roads then the ping data could be put to a route by an expert, through town for instance, but with an alt way to travel, across the lake, when plotting ping data would be the same as putting it cross-country. Would the expert have even thought of doing that?
ETA: I hadn't thought of him being there on the property. Dogs are pretty amazing to me but under a burn pile may be beyond their capabilities. Of course mainly the discussion of the lake is about where his phone went but after reading and thinking of how much weight a boat would have that was transporting his body makes me consider it being in the lake. If someone were to throw his cell there it wouldn't take them 4.5 mph to get there in boat or on land.
One thing I was just thinking of is the timing. SM said the phone left at 2:30, 4.5 mph would have it at the bridge at 6:30-6:45 depending on how long it stopped. Almost exactly when BC arrived home and started searching for him. It has always bothered me how quickly she searched and panicked and got the neighbor. My poor husband would have bled to death in the backyard if he waited for me to find him when I get home. I just assume he's ok and talking or messing with something. Gosh, MC had 10 acres to screw around on. Anyway, in an earlier statement the sheriff said they pinged his phone and only connected to 2 towers before it quit. That was after 7. I know he said he did that as soon as she called but then also a deputy was not dispatched until the 2nd call. Did they arrive there around 7:45?
Isn't it strange that her coming home and calling 911 was happening at almost the same time his phone was at or near the bridge?

Oh ok...gotcha...i dont know much about GPS or anything like that either...Its just that RM was so "specific" about the speed, times, knowing when he stopped for a break...etc.. that I assumed he had to to have some inside knowledge of the GPS history of that phone...it just sounds too exact not to be GPS info but who really knows anything except what were being fed by him at this point??
We don't know anything yet about the phone tracking. I believe GPS tracking is deleted when the account is deleted and not recoverable after a few days. I believe it can even be deleted before that by someone who knows your password. But I'm not an expert. Anyway, I don't believe they have GPS and that's why they had to take the ping data maybe along with cell tower dumps to an expert to track. Also it was the first PI the family hired who did that, I think if HCSO got GPS data in the first day he was missing they wouldnt have needed a PI 8 months later to get it. With that, if there were no way to travel but by roads then the ping data could be put to a route by an expert, through town for instance, but with an alt way to travel, across the lake, when plotting ping data would be the same as putting it cross-country. Would the expert have even thought of doing that?

I had another appointment in Quinlan this morning.. about 20 minutes ago, as I was heading home, I passed the house and noticed a flashing red light coming from a box that is attached to the side of the house that faces the shop...i think it was an alarm of some sorts...any ideas??

Something just occurred to me: this route the phone supposedly took...that’s coming from RM. No one outside of HCSO has seen proof of this route. So there’s a huge possibility that this route is just as fabricated as that bike is. Especially when you consider RM’s track record for transparency and honesty on this case.

OR, as I’ve said here more than once, and the guy in the Brain Scratch video said, RM just doesn’t know what he’s talking about. It’s obvious that he isn’t educated on cell phone technologies. He isn’t even using the correct words and terminology for what he’s trying to explain. So there’s a possibility that he’s misunderstanding what this cell phone information really says. This may not be the route at all. It could be a different route. Or it could mean something totally different, and it’s being misinterpreted.

I put as much stock in this alleged cell phone route as I do the mystery suicide bike. Which is nada.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ETA: I hadn't thought of him being there on the property. Dogs are pretty amazing to me but under a burn pile may be beyond their capabilities. Of course mainly the discussion of the lake is about where his phone went but after reading and thinking of how much weight a boat would have that was transporting his body makes me consider it being in the lake. If someone were to throw his cell there it wouldn't take them 4.5 mph to get there in boat or on land.
One thing I was just thinking of is the timing. SM said the phone left at 2:30, 4.5 mph would have it at the bridge at 6:30-6:45 depending on how long it stopped. Almost exactly when BC arrived home and started searching for him. It has always bothered me how quickly she searched and panicked and got the neighbor. My poor husband would have bled to death in the backyard if he waited for me to find him when I get home. I just assume he's ok and talking or messing with something. Gosh, MC had 10 acres to screw around on. Anyway, in an earlier statement the sheriff said they pinged his phone and only connected to 2 towers before it quit. That was after 7. I know he said he did that as soon as she called but then also a deputy was not dispatched until the 2nd call. Did they arrive there around 7:45?
Isn't it strange that her coming home and calling 911 was happening at almost the same time his phone was at or near the bridge?

From what I understand, have read, and have been told by a law enforcement family member that does phone forensics, what RM is saying that they have as far as phone tracking can’t be done with a “dead” phone. Once the battery is gone, then the GPS is gone. And the only information that they can get is from the towers. And the towers can only provide that a particular phone was in a particular vicinity. It’s not exact at all. All of this “The phone was traveling at 4.867536 mph, turned right on First Street, and stopped at the top of the hill to take a breath before swan diving off the exact middle of Two Mile Bridge” nonsense is just that. Nonsense.

Something just occurred to me: this route the phone supposedly took...that’s coming from RM. No one outside of HCSO has seen proof of this route. So there’s a huge possibility that this route is just as fabricated as that bike is. Especially when you consider RM’s track record for transparency and honesty on this case.

OR, as I’ve said here more than once, and the guy in the Brain Scratch video said, RM just doesn’t know what he’s talking about. It’s obvious that he isn’t educated on cell phone technologies. He isn’t even using the correct words and terminology for what he’s trying to explain. So there’s a possibility that he’s misunderstanding what this cell phone information really says. This may not be the route at all. It could be a different route. Or it could mean something totally different, and it’s being misinterpreted.

I put as much stock in this alleged cell phone route as I do the mystery suicide bike. Which is nada.

I agree with everything you said, SQ, and this is why I haven’t said much about the suicide theory.

When Meeks first announced it, it made no sense to me, but thought to myself, “OK, I will believe this only if they can produce a map showing where the phone was at these times and at these locations (e.g., 1. 2:30 pm: The phone leaves the house; 2. 3:30 pm: The phone makes a stop at such-and-such location, etc.).

But from changing the supposed speed from 2.5 mph to 4.5 mph in just a few days’ time to the fact that he hasn’t even conducted a search of the lake a month after he shared this theory, his words and actions (or a lack thereof), nothing he has said or done makes sense to me, so at this point, personally, I just cannot believe anything that comes out of his mouth.

For example, the bike speed. He says the phone made a stop, but he has never said how long the phone was stationary. Was it for 5 minutes, 50 minutes or 5 hours? However long it was, did he or the PI even take that into consideration when calculating the bike speed? I know this is very basic stuff, but whatever he says, he so rarely makes any sense that I question everything he says anymore.

I’m sorry: Rant over.

ETA: If this was his way of saying to the public, “See, he did kill himself, and this is how he did it. Now move on. Case closed,” he failed miserably, IMO.

From what I understand, have read, and have been told by a law enforcement family member that does phone forensics, what RM is saying that they have as far as phone tracking can’t be done with a “dead” phone. Once the battery is gone, then the GPS is gone. And the only information that they can get is from the towers. And the towers can only provide that a particular phone was in a particular vicinity. It’s not exact at all. All of this “The phone was traveling at 4.867536 mph, turned right on First Street, and stopped at the top of the hill to take a breath before swan diving off the exact middle of Two Mile Bridge” nonsense is just that. Nonsense.

I agree. It isn't easy to find information on how LE uses GPS because in most of the articles people want the person found and the person is generally unable, injured or worse, to delete their GPS tracking nor would those searching for them cancel their phone while the search is active. Cancelling the account definitely deleted the GPS tracking. You or someone who can access your account can delete the tracking history and you can get it back if you act fast. And as I understand it if you had it you wouldn't need an expert to interpret it.

I agree with everything you said, SQ, and this is why I haven’t said much about the suicide theory.

When Meeks first announced it, it made no sense to me, but thought to myself, “OK, I will believe this only if they can produce a map showing where the phone was at these times and at these locations (e.g., 1. 2:30 pm: The phone leaves the house; 2. 3:30 pm: The phone makes a stop at such-and-such location, etc.).

But from changing the supposed speed from 2.5 mph to 4.5 mph in just a few days’ time to the fact that he hasn’t even conducted a search of the lake a month after he shared this theory, his words and actions (or a lack thereof), nothing he has said or done makes sense to me, so at this point, personally, I just cannot believe anything that comes out of his mouth.

For example, the bike speed. He says the phone made a stop, but he has never said how long the phone was stationary. Was it for 5 minutes, 50 minutes or 5 hours? However long it was, did he or the PI even take that into consideration when calculating the bike speed? I know this is very basic stuff, but whatever he says, he so rarely makes any sense that I question everything he says anymore.

I’m sorry: Rant over.

ETA: If this was his way of saying to the public, “See, he did kill himself, and this is how he did it. Now move on. Case closed,” he failed miserably, IMO.

They’ve had this phone information for over 8 months now. And they’ve searched the area at the bridge awhile back. RM talked about the TDPS dive team (which is one of the best). He spoke in his interview with HCTR that they were able to find a gun in the lake that was used in the murder of a court official. But they can’t find a bike???? Hmmmmm. Probably because it’s not there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member