Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is very strange..
Is that strange that no one has lived there for over a year for the system to be pumped? Even if not living there, is maintenance still required even though there's no one using the bathrooms?

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

That's what I was thinking... what about heavy rain? Would it flood the tank causing it to need to be pumped?

I wouldn’t think so. It’s not open and the tops are tightly sealed. I accidentally left the top open where I put bleach in when we had a big rain. Didn’t even notice for at least a week. Nothing happened. The tube for the bleach didn’t even fill up much less overflow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I was told, if no one is using it then it shouldn’t need to be pumped. When I first got mine I thought they had to be pumped every year. I asked a septic company and they said no. Depending on the size of the family using the septic it can be four years before the septic needs to be pumped. The four years is based on my family of three.

Here are some common problems that may cause the light to flash in an aerobic system.

https://www.vdwws.com/2014/01/common-aerobic-system-problems/

Here are some common problems that may cause the light to flash in an aerobic system.

https://www.vdwws.com/2014/01/common-aerobic-system-problems/

Mine has two lights. From what the septic guy told me, the orange light means system problems and to check all those things that video showed, and red means call the septic company. If orange is flashing and I can’t find the problem then I can call them to come check it out. Mine has two switches also set up to silence the two different alarms.

a3ae608ebecd06afc3a44e1d7b4efc13.jpg

This is my septic tank. Ignore the bird bath that hasn’t been put together yet. The lights at the top are orange and red. There are three of those green tops and one white one sticking up from the ground. The white one you put bleach in. I know one of the green ones is for when they pump the waste out. The other two just cover the tank. And my friend who used to install them said that in his opinion a body would fit.

Moo

The gray box with the light on top is similar to what I saw!..except it was up against the house.

Are the green round things access ports to septic tank? If So, are they big enough for someone to get inside? Big as a regular -sized metal sewer hole cover?

Thing-a-ma-jigs! LoL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

cache.php

This is my septic tank. Ignore the bird bath that hasn’t been put together yet. The lights at the top are orange and red. There are three of those green tops and one white one sticking up from the ground. The white one you put bleach in. I know one of the green ones is for when they pump the waste out. The other two just cover the tank. And my friend who used to install them said that in his opinion a body would fit.

Moo

So no dirt needs to be disturbed. Do you feel that a person could fit through one of the green ones? I wonder how they would have checked it. And when. I agree that someone should call Klein and let him know the light is on. I wonder where the one is at their house.

The gray box with the light on top is similar to what I saw!..except it was up against the house.

For some reason my septic guy started installing mine before the house was put up. He even told me it’s usually the last thing done. So now I have a septic in a very awkward spot.

Are the green round things access ports to septic tank? If So, are they big enough for someone to get inside? Big as a regular -sized metal sewer hole cover?

Thing-a-ma-jigs! LoL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Yes, they are big enough to fit a person in. Two just cover the septic and one is used for pumping. I’m glad y’all made me think to ask my friend about it. He did look at me with a little fear in his eyes when I asked if a body could fit.

So no dirt needs to be disturbed. Do you feel that a person could fit through one of the green ones? I wonder how they would have checked it. And when. I agree that someone should call Klein and let him know the light is on. I wonder where the one is at their house.

Left a message on Detective Gear’s voicemail :).

No dirt would have to be disturbed. I have only had this system for a little over a year. I hate it! I never really looked at it until someone mentioned aerobic systems. I’ve been following from the beginning but usually don’t say anything. I also live in Texas and don’t think Mr. Chambers committed suicide.

No dirt would have to be disturbed. I have only had this system for a little over a year. I hate it! I never really looked at it until someone mentioned aerobic systems. I’ve been following from the beginning but usually don’t say anything. I also live in Texas and don’t think Mr. Chambers committed suicide.

What’s the difference in this, and a regular old septic tank? When I was a kid out on the ranch, you just had a big hole with a concrete tank in it, and a huge cement lid. A pump truck came every few years, and dug up the lid, and pumped it out. I’d never heard of this new fangled stuff until here. How does it work, and what’s the difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What’s the difference in this, and a regular old septic tank? When I was a kid out on the ranch, you just had a big hole with a concrete tank in it, and a huge cement lid. A pump truck came every few years, and dug up the lid, and pumped it out. I’d never heard of this new fangled stuff until here. How does it work, and what’s the difference?

Sprinklers? Lol! The aerobic system cleans the water and sprays it over the yard. I had a flat field before. No pumping, no sprinklers, and no fees. It did have a concrete pad with a metal lid that I couldn’t open. This one seems way too easy to access. Seems like a safety hazard to me. I’ve seen the stories about kids being found in septic tanks and couldn’t figure out how until now. I’m glad my kids are older and have no interest in it.

Thanks for posting the picture Totesmagoat and for sharing your thoughts.

Thanks for posting the picture Totesmagoat and for sharing your thoughts.

You’re welcome! Glad I could help. I’m really hoping that he isn’t in there. I would love to think that he just walked away but that’s not a possibility in my mind either.

Sprinklers? Lol! The aerobic system cleans the water and sprays it over the yard. I had a flat field before. No pumping, no sprinklers, and no fees. It did have a concrete pad with a metal lid that I couldn’t open. This one seems way too easy to access. Seems like a safety hazard to me. I’ve seen the stories about kids being found in septic tanks and couldn’t figure out how until now. I’m glad my kids are older and have no interest in it.

Thank you! [emoji5]

I don't see any sign of it in the Realtor pictures. I wonder how far away from the house and ship it is.

Speaking of the Realtor pictures, there was sure a lot of expensive stuff still left in the shop. The 2 post lift, air compressor, engine and transmission lifts, sandblaster. Those were all expensive items! $$$ If I needed money that's the first stuff I would sell.

I don't see any sign of it in the Realtor pictures. I wonder how far away from the house and ship it is.

Speaking of the Realtor pictures, there was sure a lot of expensive stuff still left in the shop. The 2 post lift, air compressor, engine and transmission lifts, sandblaster. Those were all expensive items! $$$ If I needed money that's the first stuff I would sell.

It shouldn’t be too far from the house. I’ve looked at many houses on realtor before and they usually don’t have pics of the septic system. They aren’t pretty and require maintenance. Realtors don’t want you thinking about maintenance.

I don’t know what to think about all the things in the shop. Maybe she did sell it but it hadn’t been picked up at the time of the photos. Or maybe that’s why the asking price is higher than the assessment.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members