Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how MC could have put himself in the tank. Obviously, he couldn't have replaced the lid over the tank afterwards.

An open tank would have been quickly noticed too on the same day he disappeared.

I tend to think though that maybe you were being facetious. If so, I apologize for taking your comment literally. Sometimes I can miss the intended irony in other people's posts... :eek:

JMO
JazzTune, please know I was not directing it at you or anybody else for that matter. I am trying my best to stay unsnarky and serious but this case has gone far beyond bizarre imo. I need to take a vacation from it and wait until we have some facts.

Truth is often times stranger than fiction. But I'm having a hard time suspending logic and reason. And no, I do not believe MC put himself there or that anyone else did either for that matter.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Beyond bizarre is, I believe, the most accurate description of this case yet. Please stick around, you always have points for us to ponder. :)

JazzTune, please know I was not directing it at you or anybody else for that matter. I am trying my best to stay unsnarky and serious but this case has gone far beyond bizarre imo. I need to take a vacation from it and wait until we have some facts.

Truth is often times stranger than fiction. But I'm having a hard time suspending logic and reason. And no, I do not believe MC put himself there or that anyone else did either for that matter.

I am so sorry! I did not intend my post to come across as snarky at all!

Please don't leave, as you really DO have much to offer.

Promise I will not be an irritation to you again. I will be the one to step back from this thread. I'm the bull in the china shop here, not you.

Please know it was never intentional...

I am so sorry! I did not intend my post to come across as snarky at all!

Please don't leave, as you really DO have much to offer.

Promise I will not be an irritation to you again. I will be the one to step back from this thread. I'm the bull in the china shop here, not you.

Please know it was never intentional...
Your post was in no way snarky! I felt bad that you actually believed I thought MC threw himself in there. I was trying to be funny and it wasn't funny. And somehow I can't imagine you as a bull in a china shop. [emoji3][emoji243]

Your post was in no way snarky! I felt bad that you actually believed I thought MC threw himself in there. I was trying to be funny and it wasn't funny. And somehow I can't imagine you as a bull in a china shop. [emoji3][emoji243]

Thanks. I did say I often miss the intended irony in other people's posts. :facepalm: Which I obviously did with yours. Again, very sorry for making you feel that way...

At any rate, I do need to take a breather here anyway. Not because of you or anyone else.

Just some personal things that need my attention right now.

Thanks again...

I'm not sure about the chemicals that are used for maintaining the system, but lye could be used to help break it down faster. And the only thing that would be pumped out it the liquids..anything solid and heavy would probably stay at the very bottom of the tank and wouldn't be seen until the tank was drained low enough. I'm not sure what has or is going through BC head, but sometimes the best place to hide something is in plain sight

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

“sometimes the best place to hide something is in plain sight”
That’s why I don’t believe that there’s some brilliant hiding place. He was a large man. Disposing of him had to be cumbersome. And NO ONE saw anything out of the ordinary that hasn’t been explained. That’s why I think BC is in such a hurry to ditch that house/property. And why she moved away from there as quickly as possible. My money is on her getting payment for that house, and going on the run if she isn’t arrested first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

As for being in the septic system, and it being searched....
1) It would have been searched by HCSO, so enough said about that.
2) He would have sank, and remained at the bottom for the first couple of days I’m thinking, just as a body does in a larger body of water. He probably would have came to the surface after that. A year later, he would already be back at the bottom.

Take care of yourself & do what you need to. We're keeping your seat warm till you get back!
Thanks. I did say I often miss the intended irony in other people's posts. :facepalm: Which I obviously did with yours. Again, very sorry for making you feel that way...

At any rate, I do need to take a breather here anyway. Not because of you or anyone else.

Just some personal things that need my attention right now.

Thanks again...

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Wow! Great catch. But is it a woman's bike?! It does lend a little credence to
MC having a bike.

Those pictures of the inside of the shop are new. I don't think I saw those the first time the house was put on the market......interesting tho.

I realize that most here have a hard time believing what SM says and that those of you live there have no trust in the HCSO. I get that.

It may be easier for me to see both sides because I'm not there. I don't know any of the personalities. But I feel/think whether justified or not, anger toward BC and SM is not
helping.

I don't think looking at the possibility
of suicide is unreasonable.
And I don't mean in any way to disrespect the family. I just want to
vet that theory, as unpopular as it is.
If he did (and I am not saying he did)
it seems he'd be easier to find. Have we
completely considered where he'd be if we considered suicide?

This may sound like a stupid question, but does MC swim? I can't imagine that he doesn't but just thought I'd ask.

So let's consider suicide. IF he jumped in the lake, wouldn't his body have surfaced by now?

They have used sonar at the lake. In another case, they found a pistol by sonar....I would think they would find a bike by now.

The jump would not have killed him, but he could have drowned trying to swim.......but wouldn't someone on the bridge see him jump or in the water? It's a busy road at that time of day....

I have not ruled suicide out completely, I just don't think as a first responder he would make it where his family could not find him.......

IF he committed suicide, how else might he have done it?

Where is he?

This isn’t any nuttier than riding a bicycle to jump off a bridge but if MC had a separate checking account he could’ve rented a car (missing driver’s license) tossed his phone (no tracking him) and drove to wherever he put an end to his misery. I don’t believe he committed suicide, btw.

No body, no crime. And if a tooth or any DNA IS discovered, there will be no way to determine a cause of death and someone will be in the clear
“sometimes the best place to hide something is in plain sight”
That’s why I don’t believe that there’s some brilliant hiding place. He was a large man. Disposing of him had to be cumbersome. And NO ONE saw anything out of the ordinary that hasn’t been explained. That’s why I think BC is in such a hurry to ditch that house/property. And why she moved away from there as quickly as possible. My money is on her getting payment for that house, and going on the run if she isn’t arrested first.

As for being in the septic system, and it being searched....
1) It would have been searched by HCSO, so enough said about that.
2) He would have sank, and remained at the bottom for the first couple of days I’m thinking, just as a body does in a larger body of water. He probably would have came to the surface after that. A year later, he would already be back at the bottom.

There are also chemicals you can add to speed up the decomposition process

This isn’t any nuttier than riding a bicycle to jump off a bridge but if MC had a separate checking account he could’ve rented a car (missing driver’s license) tossed his phone (no tracking him) and drove to wherever he put an end to his misery. I don’t believe he committed suicide, btw.

My 2nd most thought about theory is that he just ditched life and responsibilities. A lot more believable at this point than biking to his death off the bridge.

No body, no crime. And if a tooth or any DNA IS discovered, there will be no way to determine a cause of death and someone will be in the clear

Sent from my SM-J727P using 5Tapatalk
If his body is found someplace like that, it will have to be ruled a homicide and a proper investigation will ensue with phone and financial records gone through with a fine toothed comb. I'm not sure but it may even allow freezes on accounts like the DROP. Many crimes are solved through digital records. I don't think there can be an argument that he pit himself in the septic tank.

If his body is found someplace like that, it will have to be ruled a homicide and a proper investigation will ensue with phone and financial records gone through with a fine toothed comb. I'm not sure but it may even allow freezes on accounts like the DROP. Many crimes are solved through digital records. I don't think there can be an argument that he pit himself in the septic tank.

I also came across this case (it’s important to point out, IMO, that I’ve read several articles on the case, and none of them specify the type of septic system involved: Aerobic or conventional):

“Skeletal remains discovered in a southern Texas septic tank have been identified as a woman reported missing more than a decade ago, reports CBS affiliate KGBT.

Leona Marie Tollett Johnson was 21 when she vanished in 2004. The remains, which were found on July 26 in a tank in Weslaco, were positively identified as Johnson through DNA, according to the Hidalgo County Sheriff's Office.

KRGV reports a murder warrant has been issued for 40-year-old Aristeo Cervantes Jr., the owner of the home where the remains were found. Cervantes' daughter and her boyfriend reportedly found a woman's boot in the tank near the home and called authorities, who discovered bones.

Cervantes is already serving a 12-year sentence in state prison for stabbing his wife in 2015, the station reports. Investigators say he has admitted that he stabbed a woman after a dispute in 2004 and hid her remains in the septic tank, but said he didn't know her.

[SBM]

Investigators say Johnson's cause of death is consistent with Cervantes' confession.” (BBM)
https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/sk...eptic-tank-idd-as-woman-who-vanished-in-2004/

“Human remains that turned up in July when a septic tank was being serviced at a south Texas home have unraveled a murder mystery — one that went unsolved for more than a decade.

[SBM]

“[Hidalgo County Sheriff Eddie] Guerra told KRGV that Johnson was known to run away from home often when she was a teenager. But the last time she ran away, Guerra said, her family could tell that it wasn’t the same as when she’d run away before.

But investigators said they weren’t sure who had done it until they received a call on July 26 reporting something odd — human remains lodged in a septic tank.

Authorities went to the residence near Edcouch, Texas, and heard about how the couple who lived there had been having problems with their septic tank. When they tried to fix it, they discovered a boot inside the tank. And inside the boot was a large bone, according to KGBT.

The woman who lived at the home was the daughter of Aristeo Garcia Cervantes, 40, who authorities quickly interrogated, and ultimately confessed to killing Johnson more than a decade ago and hiding her remains in his septic tank.

[SBM]

He confessed to killing Johnson — whose name he did not remember — after luring her into his car with the promise of drugs, according to CBS News. Cervantes then stabbed her to death.

Guerra told KRGV that Cervantes could have gotten away with murder, but that putting the remains in his septic tank always risked them being found.

‘You know eventually septic tanks have to be serviced,’ Guerra said. ‘Things do have to be serviced, so I'm sure that he had that in the back of his mind, all this time, that it's just a matter of when that tank was going to get serviced that he would be discovered. But if they had abandoned the house he could have easily gotten away with murder.’”
http://amp.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article175823211.html

I was wondering why poor Ms. Johnson wasn’t found sooner, but then realized until he was sent to prison, Cervantes could have been cleaning the system himself, having friend (whom he might have scared into not telling anyone) or adding extra chemicals, etc.

I wonder if the buyer(s) of BC’s house has any idea what kind of mess they may be walking into.

“Body” can also more generally mean “body of evidence,” not strictly a corpse.

WOW!
I also came across this case (it’s important to point out, IMO, that I’ve read several articles on the case, and none of them specify the type of septic system involved: Aerobic or conventional):

“Skeletal remains discovered in a southern Texas septic tank have been identified as a woman reported missing more than a decade ago, reports CBS affiliate KGBT.

Leona Marie Tollett Johnson was 21 when she vanished in 2004. The remains, which were found on July 26 in a tank in Weslaco, were positively identified as Johnson through DNA, according to the Hidalgo County Sheriff's Office.

KRGV reports a murder warrant has been issued for 40-year-old Aristeo Cervantes Jr., the owner of the home where the remains were found. Cervantes' daughter and her boyfriend reportedly found a woman's boot in the tank near the home and called authorities, who discovered bones.

Cervantes is already serving a 12-year sentence in state prison for stabbing his wife in 2015, the station reports. Investigators say he has admitted that he stabbed a woman after a dispute in 2004 and hid her remains in the septic tank, but said he didn't know her.

[SBM]

Investigators say Johnson's cause of death is consistent with Cervantes' confession.” (BBM)
https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/sk...eptic-tank-idd-as-woman-who-vanished-in-2004/

“Human remains that turned up in July when a septic tank was being serviced at a south Texas home have unraveled a murder mystery — one that went unsolved for more than a decade.

[SBM]

“[Hidalgo County Sheriff Eddie] Guerra told KRGV that Johnson was known to run away from home often when she was a teenager. But the last time she ran away, Guerra said, her family could tell that it wasn’t the same as when she’d run away before.

But investigators said they weren’t sure who had done it until they received a call on July 26 reporting something odd — human remains lodged in a septic tank.

Authorities went to the residence near Edcouch, Texas, and heard about how the couple who lived there had been having problems with their septic tank. When they tried to fix it, they discovered a boot inside the tank. And inside the boot was a large bone, according to KGBT.

The woman who lived at the home was the daughter of Aristeo Garcia Cervantes, 40, who authorities quickly interrogated, and ultimately confessed to killing Johnson more than a decade ago and hiding her remains in his septic tank.

[SBM]

He confessed to killing Johnson — whose name he did not remember — after luring her into his car with the promise of drugs, according to CBS News. Cervantes then stabbed her to death.

Guerra told KRGV that Cervantes could have gotten away with murder, but that putting the remains in his septic tank always risked them being found.

‘You know eventually septic tanks have to be serviced,’ Guerra said. ‘Things do have to be serviced, so I'm sure that he had that in the back of his mind, all this time, that it's just a matter of when that tank was going to get serviced that he would be discovered. But if they had abandoned the house he could have easily gotten away with murder.’”
http://amp.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article175823211.html

I was wondering why poor Ms. Johnson wasn’t found sooner, but then realized until he was sent to prison, Cervantes could have been cleaning the system himself, having friend (whom he might have scared into not telling anyone) or adding extra chemicals, etc.

I wonder if the buyer(s) of BC’s house has any idea what kind of mess they may be walking into.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member