Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone noticed the bike in the 35th picture on realtor.com ?!!?

Off to Google "aerobic water system", lol.

ETA: Okay, would this have been called their septic tank by others, possibly? I believe the septic tank was searched. MOO

Thanks! Do you remember reading who searched it? If it was done by the HCSO, I'd be inclined to question the results. Their track record here has not been exactly stellar.

I hope it was more in depth than just an eyeball, visual check...

JMO

If I'm reading this correctly, you're saying he went 18 miles in 1 hour and 25 minutes?

Didn't SM say the phone traveled at a ( corrected ) rate of 4.5 - 4.9 mph? That would mean it would have taken around 3.6 - 4 hours. Not 1 hour, 25 minutes.

Now I agree that the 1 hour, 25 minutes would be average for a normal bike ride. That was in the link I provided up-thread about the average rate of speed for a beginner. Somewhere around 10 to 11 miles per hour if I remember correctly.

However, this phone didn't travel that quickly. Remember, this was a very slow-moving bike ( that would have barely stayed upright at that slow of a speed. )

Still, that's what we were told by SM. ( Which is the reason I believe the whole bike story is ridiculous! )

If I'm misunderstanding your stats here, please feel free to correct me...

JMO
I'm thinking he MAY have gone the other way. And no, I don't think he did it in an hour and 36min. But....he could have done it faster than what SM said he did. After all, SM got it wrong the first time he mentioned it.

Which is WHY I wish someone could
either get a hold of the report of that travel or the GPS itself. SM may be wrong about a few things.

Or, I wish someone would do a bike ride going in both directions. If I was there, I would gladly do it. I just want to know if it was/is possible. Both ways.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Of course I don't mind:) Honestly as I drove by yesterday and got a lay of the land, I got to thinking... its really hard to imagine that he either left the property on his own, or was taken by by force without someone seeing SOMETHING. It occurred to me that maybe he is still there on the property somewhere. An aerobic water system would be an ideal place to put something you never want found.

I think he’s buried in the yard. Under the burn pile. I don’t think he ever left the property, either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If I'm reading this correctly, you're saying he went 18 miles in 1 hour and 25 minutes?

Didn't SM say the phone traveled at a ( corrected ) rate of 4.5 - 4.9 mph? That would mean it would have taken around 3.6 - 4 hours. Not 1 hour, 25 minutes.

Now I agree that the 1 hour, 25 minutes would be average for a normal bike ride. That was in the link I provided up-thread about the average rate of speed for a beginner. Somewhere around 10 to 11 miles per hour if I remember correctly.

However, this phone didn't travel that quickly. Remember, this was a very slow-moving bike ( that would have barely stayed upright at that slow of a speed. )

Still, that's what we were told by SM. ( Which is the reason I believe the whole bike story is ridiculous! )

If I'm misunderstanding your stats here, please feel free to correct me...

JMO

Even by RM’s laughable “facts”, it would have taken over 4 hours. Others have scouted it out in person at the speed RM put out, and it took longer than that.

I think he’s buried in the yard. Under the burn pile. I don’t think he ever left the property, either.

Actually, I don’t think he ever made it home from WalMart. But if he did, I think he’s buried on the property.

For sure, I'd be in your corner, JT! No question. I was as frustrated and angry as everyone else when some family members were not getting responses from HCSO, especially when there was quite an effort by a whole bunch of peeps to try to pressure them to get more friggin' help from at least the Texas Rangers!

I try hard to think things through logically, yet never rule anything out. For example, the whole bicycle thing. Parts of that theory certainly do seem to be ridiculous, on the face of it, but if I had more detail re: the phone analysis, more info from more family members about whether there was, or could have been, a bike ( yes, Klein and some family def say there wasn't- but we don't know what other family or friends may have said) and also about the possibility of the phone being transported via a boat, I could more clearly form a better opinion.

For another example- I agree it seems very unlikely MC took a slow bike ride, but I also believe it's NOT an impossibility. I know that folks with problematic knees can and do ride bikes. I don't know just how bad MC's knees were, or if they were better on some days than on others. Now, if a boat transport could fit in with the phone analysis, I'd think that would look more like foul play to me, but not an absolute.

I do sometimes like to be a contrarian. It helps keep me on my toes, lol.

Thanks Tripod, we always have 'job openings' here for contrarians! Every case should have some, in fact. It's good to bounce ideas and opinions off each other.

I know I have a tendency to wear blinders at times, so I really appreciate you and others who keep me on my toes too - who make me examine my own reasoning and logic.

I admit though I do have a very hard time dealing with scenarios that don't make a lick of a sense. Like SM's bike theory. IF there was a bike, it didn't go 4.5 - 4.9 mph!

That's my tipping point. When my intelligence is insulted as he has done, I have difficulty even discussing it.

I DO want to have an open mind too, but I draw the line at ridiculous...

( But honestly, I'm glad you can see the possible, where I see the impossible. Keep talking to me! Lol...)

JMO

Anyone noticed the bike in the 35th picture on realtor.com ?!!?
Wow! Great catch. But is it a woman's bike?! It does lend a little credence to
MC having a bike.

Even by RM’s laughable “facts”, it would have taken over 4 hours. Others have scouted it out in person at the speed RM put out, and it took longer than that.

It was laughable at 2 mph. I believe SM is confused.

So forget SM for a minute.

Who did the bike ride? IE: how long did it take? Did they attempt both ways? Was it on the same day of the week that MC disappeared? (I'm asking that for traffic purposes). TIA

WTX here. And I have one within reach at any given location at the house. Snakes, tarantulas, methheads... Shoot first, and ask questions later. Should be our State motto.

LOL, I totally agree Savethequeen!! We are about an hour or so NW of Fort Worth and you are so right, shoot first ask questions later, we have a fence for a reason :)

I'm thinking he MAY have gone the other way. And no, I don't think he did it in an hour and 36min. But....he could have done it faster than what SM said he did. After all, SM got it wrong the first time he mentioned it.

either get a hold of the report of that travel or the GPS itself. SM may be wrong about a few things.

Or, I wish someone would do a bike ride going in both directions. If I was there, I would gladly do it. I just want to know if it was/is possible. Both ways.

To be honest, I don't believe much of anything SM says, but for MC to have got there, ( either route, ) in about an hour and a half, he would have had to have traveled at approximately double the rate of speed that SM reported!

SM seemed very confident that his new 'corrected' speed was on the money.

You wondered though about whether the other route would be quicker? Is the other route shorter in total distance or just an alternate way of getting through? ( Bypassing towns, etc. )

I guess it sounds as if I'm stating the obvious, but if it's still roughly 18 miles, it doesn't seem like it could have been much shorter in time. Remember too, the phone only stopped one time. Yet SM insisted the phone traveled at 4.5 - 4.9 mph.

I agree with you about wishing I could be there to bike ride the route myself. To have that first-hand knowledge of all it involved. A really good idea!

Thanks for explaining your thoughts...

JMO

At the end of the road they lived on, is that where you see entry into the lake?
It is pretty much, a direct line.

The boat ramp is not at the end of the road but it is about 5 minutes down the road on the route he would have taken to from his house to the 2 mile bridge.. i will upload a map a lil later

Wow! Great catch. But is it a woman's bike?! It does lend a little credence to
MC having a bike.

Yep. That model has been on sale at WalMart the past few weeks. Seriously. [emoji605]

Credence? Or staging AFTER the fact? Was it there all along?

Wonder when the photos were taken?

Very skeptical...

I'm with SavetheQueen on this. That WalMart sale probably came along, right at the perfect time...

( However, it does look like a woman's bike. WalMart must have sold out of the men's...)

JMO

I just did a terrain drive going both ways (via Google maps). The 1 hour and 36 min ride doesn't go through towns but it goes by neighborhoods and ranches. A more desolate way to go IF he was on a bike and IF he wanted to go unnoticed somewhat and IF he went to the bridge. The times listed on Google for bikes is not undoable. He could have left at 2:00 and arrived there by 3:30 or 4:00.

I live in the area and i drove the exact route he would have taken.... the ONLY route he would have been able to go logically. It is definitely country living out there, but it is not as desolate as you would think and the road is frequently travelled. At some point along the way someone would have seen him. I passed countless homes, some less than 20 feet away from the street, an auto salvage yard, a boat ramp entrance, 2 churches, and a school/orphanage that is located on the corner of 2101 and the main hwy 34 that runs through quinlan..also part of his route. Not to mention once he got into town he would have passed by a dairy queen, dollar tree, walmart, sonic, a fruitstand, several gas stations and another church...and too many more to name. Another interesting fact is that there is no shoulder on 2101...he would have to have ridden in the street...and nobody remembers having to slow down for some elderly man riding a bike on a very long country road? That would stick out to me.

Is this what you are talking about (screenshot of their listing page)?

f5a269f04e29150f835ab3f4add440b2.jpg

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/7044-Fm-2101_Quinlan_TX_75474_M74030-86352

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes! Thank you:)

The route they said he took is the shortest way to get to the 2 mile bridge. If he would have went the other direction he would have wound up in greenville...the opposite direction of the lake

Credence? Or staging AFTER the fact? Was it there all along?

Wonder when the photos were taken?

Very skeptical...

I'm with SavetheQueen on this. That WalMart sale probably came along, right at the perfect time...

( However, it does look like a woman's bike. WalMart must have sold out of the men's...)

JMO
Forgive me JazzTune, but I feel the shark is being jumped a bit. [emoji226] [emoji4]

I know you and many others have made up your mind on this. And I'm all for proving or disproving your theory but I'd like to prove or disprove the suicide theory too. I don't know what MY theory is yet because so much is unknown. But what's wrong with exploring ALL theories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members