Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don’t get from RM is that if suicide was one of many theories, why go public with just that one? I feel confident that they/he knows a lot more about this situation than they want anyone to know. Ever. I still see that entire interview as a warning to just stop asking questions. It was a gut punch to the family, and a disrespectful spit in the face to the public that anyone would believe one word of that garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What I don’t get from RM is that if suicide was one of many theories, why go public with just that one? I feel confident that they/he knows a lot more about this situation than they want anyone to know. Ever. I still see that entire interview as a warning to just stop asking questions. It was a gut punch to the family, and a disrespectful spit in the face to the public that anyone would believe one word of that garbage.

I was trying to think of the words to express this same feeling. If the sheriff feels this is not a criminal case, why not share info with the public to help find MC?

Why share just the suicide theory? Let the public in on the other theories. Unless he is afraid for the public to know what might have happened?

I agree. If he really has evidence it was suicide he should have left the methods and details alone instead of stating something he can't really even believe himself. It does seem like he was trying to say, Stop asking case closed. I wonder if his reason for that is that he realizes he was manipulated, trusting the wrong people in the early part of the investigation which caused them to ignore getting key evidence and now it's too late. He was played and that's embarrassing and worse since now evidence is gone.

Agreed! I had an appointment in Quinlan today and as I drove by the Chambers residence, something crossed my mind... Does anyone know if there is an aerobic water system on the property??

I think SM threw out the suicide nonsense to get ahead of the story Disappeared will show. I hope I’m wrong but they probably did more of an investigation than HCSO.

Agreed! I had an appointment in Quinlan today and as I drove by the Chambers residence, something crossed my mind... Does anyone know if there is an aerobic water system on the property??
The House is listed on Realtor.com and it does state it has an aerobic waste system.

I appreciate your comments. ( In fact, if I should ever end up accused of anything gruesome here on WS, I want you in my corner! )

However, if there truly are other theories, what could they be? I see only two categories. Suicide or criminal.

Now, if criminal? Wow. Wide open for investigative theories! Just reading here turns up a multitude of well-thought out methods and motives.

But no. HCSO ran with the suicide theory.

Why? Why suicide instead of the criminal theory?

Oh, that's right. They never investigated it as a criminal case. So that was off the board right away. Scratch that.

Well, there you go then. Suicide won out. No competition.

With all due respect, I wouldn't term HCSO's behavior as mishandling.

Mishandling is the postman putting a neighbor's letter in my mailbox by mistake. Not trashing his entire delivery load in a dumpster somewhere!

That is effectively what HCSO has done to MC's disappearance, in my opinion. The damage is irrevocable. The clock can't be turned back. Timely evidence was lost.

Such a gross dereliction of duty to MC and his family.

A rat is a rat! Not a misguided mouse.

The most optimal outcome now would be for MC's disappearance to be turned over, and managed under a new competent LE jurisdiction.

MC's family is owed nothing less.

( ETA: Obviously, I have been somewhat sarcastic here, but it's not directed at you at all. Only the situation...)

JMO

For sure, I'd be in your corner, JT! No question. I was as frustrated and angry as everyone else when some family members were not getting responses from HCSO, especially when there was quite an effort by a whole bunch of peeps to try to pressure them to get more friggin' help from at least the Texas Rangers!

I try hard to think things through logically, yet never rule anything out. For example, the whole bicycle thing. Parts of that theory certainly do seem to be ridiculous, on the face of it, but if I had more detail re: the phone analysis, more info from more family members about whether there was, or could have been, a bike ( yes, Klein and some family def say there wasn't- but we don't know what other family or friends may have said) and also about the possibility of the phone being transported via a boat, I could more clearly form a better opinion.

For another example- I agree it seems very unlikely MC took a slow bike ride, but I also believe it's NOT an impossibility. I know that folks with problematic knees can and do ride bikes. I don't know just how bad MC's knees were, or if they were better on some days than on others. Now, if a boat transport could fit in with the phone analysis, I'd think that would look more like foul play to me, but not an absolute.

I do sometimes like to be a contrarian. It helps keep me on my toes, lol.

For sure, I'd be in your corner, JT! No question. I was as frustrated and angry as everyone else when some family members were not getting responses from HCSO, especially when there was quite an effort by a whole bunch of peeps to try to pressure them to get more friggin' help from at least the Texas Rangers!

I try hard to think things through logically, yet never rule anything out. For example, the whole bicycle thing. Parts of that theory certainly do seem to be ridiculous, on the face of it, but if I had more detail re: the phone analysis, more info from more family members about whether there was, or could have been, a bike ( yes, Klein and some family def say there wasn't- but we don't know what other family or friends may have said) and also about the possibility of the phone being transported via a boat, I could more clearly form a better opinion.

For another example- I agree it seems very unlikely MC took a slow bike ride, but I also believe it's NOT an impossibility. I know that folks with problematic knees can and do ride bikes. I don't know just how bad MC's knees were, or if they were better on some days than on others. Now, if a boat transport could fit in with the phone analysis, I'd think that would look more like foul play to me, but not an absolute.

I don't think you're being a contrarian. I think you like to see facts and explore all possibilities. It keeps everyone on their toes.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

I think we can all appreciate a contrarian in a discussion such as this. That being said, if you actually follow the exact same route as MC is said to have traveled, you will see there are many houses, churches, businesses, a very popular boat ramp, and schools along the way...and that's just on fm rd 2101...before you get into town. That is only about 1/4 of the trip....SOMEBODY would have seen him. No question about it. The whole bicycle theory is about as close to impossible as you can get. The boat theory, however, makes a lot of sense. The speed is more consistent with a boat and as I said before, there is a popular boat ramp about 5 minutes up the road from the house.

Thank You! I did find the listing on century 21 last night after I had already posted. I wonder if the aerobic water system has been searched? If not I believe it should be.

What are you thinking, if you don’t mind sharing?

What are you thinking, if you don’t mind

Of course I don't mind:) Honestly as I drove by yesterday and got a lay of the land, I got to thinking... its really hard to imagine that he either left the property on his own, or was taken by by force without someone seeing SOMETHING. It occurred to me that maybe he is still there on the property somewhere. An aerobic water system would be an ideal place to put something you never want found.

Off to Google "aerobic water system", lol.

ETA: Okay, would this have been called their septic tank by others, possibly? I believe the septic tank was searched. MOO

I think we can all appreciate a contrarian in a discussion such as this. That being said, if you actually follow the exact same route as MC is said to have traveled, you will see there are many houses, churches, businesses, a very popular boat ramp, and schools along the way...and that's just on fm rd 2101...before you get into town. That is only about 1/4 of the trip....SOMEBODY would have seen him. No question about it. The whole bicycle theory is about as close to impossible as you can get. The boat theory, however, makes a lot of sense. The speed is more consistent with a boat and as I said before, there is a popular boat ramp about 5 minutes up the road from the house.
At the end of the road they lived on, is that where you see entry into the lake?
It is pretty much, a direct line.

I googled the bike trip and they put it at 1 hour and 20min approx and 1 hour and 34 min. the other way:

Shared route
From 7086 FM2101 to Tawaconi Bridge in Texas via FM2101 and TX-276 E/E Quinlan Pkwy.

1 hr 25 min (18*mi)

1. Head south on FM2101 toward Hideaway Rd
2. Turn left toward Joy
3. Turn right onto Joy
4. Turn left toward Humility
5. Turn right onto Humility
6. Turn left onto TX-34 S
7. Turn left onto Co Rd 3602
8. Turn left onto TX-276 E/E Quinlan Pkwy
9. Arrive at location: Bridge across Lake Tawakoni

To see this route visit https://goo.gl/maps/iNBLefJ9eP72

I googled the bike trip and they put it at 1 hour and 20min approx and 1 hour and 34 min. the other way:

Shared route
From 7086 FM2101 to Tawaconi Bridge in Texas via FM2101 and TX-276 E/E Quinlan Pkwy.

1 hr 25 min (18*mi)

2. Turn left toward Joy
3. Turn right onto Joy

I just did a terrain drive going both ways (via Google maps). The 1 hour and 36 min ride doesn't go through towns but it goes by neighborhoods and ranches. A more desolate way to go IF he was on a bike and IF he wanted to go unnoticed somewhat and IF he went to the bridge. The times listed on Google for bikes is not undoable. He could have left at 2:00 and arrived there by 3:30 or 4:00.

Is this what you are talking about (screenshot of their listing page)?

f5a269f04e29150f835ab3f4add440b2.jpg

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/7044-Fm-2101_Quinlan_TX_75474_M74030-86352

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shared route

1 hr 25 min (18*mi)

2. Turn left toward Joy
3. Turn right onto Joy

I just did a terrain drive going both ways (via Google maps). The 1 hour and 36 min ride doesn't go through towns but it goes by neighborhoods and ranches. A more desolate way to go IF he was on a bike and IF he wanted to go unnoticed somewhat and IF he went to the bridge. The times listed on Google for bikes is not undoable. He could have left at 2:00 and arrived there by 3:30 or 4:00.

If I'm reading this correctly, you're saying he went 18 miles in 1 hour and 25 minutes?

Didn't SM say the phone traveled at a ( corrected ) rate of 4.5 - 4.9 mph? That would mean it would have taken around 3.6 - 4 hours. Not 1 hour, 25 minutes.

Now I agree that the 1 hour, 25 minutes would be average for a normal bike ride. That was in the link I provided up-thread about the average rate of speed for a beginner. Somewhere around 10 to 11 miles per hour if I remember correctly.

However, this phone didn't travel that quickly. Remember, this was a very slow-moving bike ( that would have barely stayed upright at that slow of a speed. )

Still, that's what we were told by SM. ( Which is the reason I believe the whole bike story is ridiculous! )

If I'm misunderstanding your stats here, please feel free to correct me...

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member