Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I so appreciate your thoughts, JazzTune. As for myself, I just don't see the careful manipulation or staging that others do. I tend to think the simpler explanations of things are more often correct- the Occam's Razor rule, if you will. If MC was harmed at his shop and taken away, whoever did it was pretty darn lucky, IMO. This was in broad daylight! I would grant that whoever did it would have known BC was not at home, but how could that person have also known the nearest next door neighbor's, who could see the Chambers' property, would not return to their home until 3PM that day? That's why I say any possible perp was just lucky. I still think it's a possibility that if foul play was involved, it wasn't planned ahead and happened unexpectedly. I still believe that if foul play, MC left his shop walking and got into a vehicle under his own power, after locking the things up.

This works for me for the most part, but how many men leave their wallet behind when they are going somewhere with someone.......

and who locks up and leaves their keys in the building they locked up?

I can see someone coming by, him getting in the vehicle to go with them.......

Whoever came and got him takes him and does harm to him, returns quietly and leaves the blood, keys and wallet to make it look like he walked away.

And then talks a little jog with his phone to the 2 mile bridge!

I believe the Walmart run was a setup by BC. I think when MC got home and put items away from Walmart, he headed out to his shop and possibly someone was there waiting for him. I can’t really believe anything that BC said was one way when she returned, really was the way it was left. She could have said whatever after she manipulated the situation. Her DNA and fingerprints would be on everything in that home anyways- she lives there!

I do think whoever was waiting for MC in the shop was not a family member or best friend but definitely an “acquitance” that this person didn’t completely startle him, caught him off guard yes. Maybe made him a little nervous or scared that something was wrong with a mutual friend, family member or BC.

Now after this, I’m not really sure what happened. Many theories have ran through my head but as of now, I haven’t been set on how the crime all went down.

..... how is it someone simply vanishes!

Hopefully one of the LE agencies or the PI has a phone cell dump and they can run down who was in the vicinity. Hoping for a miracle here!

This works for me for the most part, but how many men leave their wallet behind when they are going somewhere with someone.......

Someone who is not coming back.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

I so appreciate your thoughts, JazzTune. As for myself, I just don't see the careful manipulation or staging that others do. I tend to think the simpler explanations of things are more often correct- the Occam's Razor rule, if you will. If MC was harmed at his shop and taken away, whoever did it was pretty darn lucky, IMO. This was in broad daylight! I would grant that whoever did it would have known BC was not at home, but how could that person have also known the nearest next door neighbor's, who could see the Chambers' property, would not return to their home until 3PM that day? That's why I say any possible perp was just lucky. I still think it's a possibility that if foul play was involved, it wasn't planned ahead and happened unexpectedly. I still believe that if foul play, MC left his shop walking and got into a vehicle under his own power, after locking the things up.

Thanks Tripod, I really like your thoughts too. You always make good points and help me clarify my own thoughts.

You mentioned Occam's Razor. That's the very reason I feel MC was abducted, because of Occam's Razor theory. ( Please know when I'm trying to explain my reasoning I'm not intending any sarcasm with it. )

My thoughts about the blood and the staging are a little different from some of the others here. I believe MC was present in the shop when the bleeding occurred. I don't believe he was alone though, because of the pattern of blood spatters and drips.

The VI told us the blood was inside the shop only, and in a small area. Yet not a drop leading toward the sink where MC would have naturally walked toward to clean himself up if he had been by himself.

Blood was on the wooden dowel, which I believe MC was using to try to defend himself, when he was cut by one of the perps ( with a knife? )

Was probably given a towel to wrap around the cut, and then forced out of the shop. Walking under his own power to a waiting vehicle.

Had he been alone, I do not see how he could have locked up the shop without more blood drips. Having a fresh cut like that, would have required him having to lock up practically one-handed while trying to hold a towel wrapped around a cut arm, hand, etc.

Therefore, there would have been more blood drips on the outside near the door. There were none at all.

However, the door was locked in the usual manner that he did. Which makes me believe that not only was he with others but someone familiar with how he locks up his shop.

Again, appearances...

As for Occam's Razor and the HCSO's suicide theory, simplest explanation? Don't even get me started again on that circus act bike joke. Even fiction has to be believable.

The perps were lucky. We still don't know where MC is. But they may have had a hand in boosting their luck.

My scenario is several of them may have been dropped off at MC"s home by their 'look-out' guy in a vehicle. Might not have been strangers to MC, and could have even shot the breeze with him for awhile.

When they got the 'coast is clear,' text from their look-out guy, their plan sprang into action.

MC was going with them by force, but being a big guy, he wasn't going easily. ( The reason why I believe there was more than one perp. One person would not have had an easy time taking MC alone. )

So, yes, they were lucky. Someone could still have come along and seen them, but apparently it was a risk they were willing to take.

I keep asking myself, why? Who stood to benefit from MC disappearing? Who had the motive? An axe to grind?

JMO

I believe the Walmart run was a setup by BC. I think when MC got home and put items away from Walmart, he headed out to his shop and possibly someone was there waiting for him. I can’t really believe anything that BC said was one way when she returned, really was the way it was left. She could have said whatever after she manipulated the situation. Her DNA and fingerprints would be on everything in that home anyways- she lives there!

I do think whoever was waiting for MC in the shop was not a family member or best friend but definitely an “acquitance” that this person didn’t completely startle him, caught him off guard yes. Maybe made him a little nervous or scared that something was wrong with a mutual friend, family member or BC.

Now after this, I’m not really sure what happened. Many theories have ran through my head but as of now, I haven’t been set on how the crime all went down.

..... how is it someone simply vanishes!

I haven't decided if it was a set-up, ( could have been, ) or just ended up being a convenient luck of the draw thing for the perps.

In my mind I can see BC casually mentioning to someone in a small talk type of way that MC was going to go get her make-up that day. Helping her out.

The perp ( with help ) may have planned it for a long time, but was just waiting for the perfect moment.

I do think though BC may have discovered more information after MC's disappearance, but I'm not completely convinced she knew ahead of time.

Could have been someone who felt MC was an obstacle to a happily ever after with BC. Maybe even someone jealous of BC because they may have had the perception that she had it all. And that she had it unfairly.

People sometimes think they have the right to balance the scales the way they see fit.

So many possible motives. I do think it was someone with clout. I believe they had, and continue to have help with concealing their actions.

I agree with the rest of your post. So sad to think too that MC could have been worried that the person's presence meant something had happened to a friend or family member...

JMO

I can see someone coming by, him getting in the vehicle to go with them.......

Whoever came and got him takes him and does harm to him, returns quietly and leaves the blood, keys and wallet to make it look like he walked away.

And then talks a little jog with his phone to the 2 mile bridge!

Good theory! Goes along with much of what I too, believe could have happened...

JMO

Someone who is not coming back.

Or someone else who wants to make it appear that the person is not coming back...

It really can go either way, in my opinion...

JMO

I apologize if I sound like a broken record but I think if MC committed suicide someone would’ve found him by now.
My first thought when I read about his disappearance was someone picked him up to go to lunch or to “go look at something” and MC grabbed his cap, cash, license and left.
I think the VI said the dowel wasn’t heavy enough to be a weapon and later told us MC kept a rifle/shotgun in a corner in his shop. In a desperate situation almost anything can be a weapon but wouldn’t it have made more sense to go for a rifle/shotgun-something heavy, to do actual damage-than a wooden dowel?
I don’t know anyone who keeps a gun in their shop; maybe by the front door of their home or on a night table but not an outbuilding.
I wonder if MC had a gun in his shop, where he spent a lot of time, because he felt or had been threatened or expected trouble.

Keep being a broken record, Talullah! I'm one for sure too. I completely agree with you. This was not suicide.

The person who killed him knows it wasn't suicide either!

As for the dowel being a poor choice of a weapon, I believe MC was completely blind-sided and taken off guard. The wooden dowel was the nearest thing to him at that time, in my opinion...

I wish so badly he could come back and tell us what happened.

It is my fervent wish that MC will be found and justice will be served. His family does not deserve this continuing torture...

JMO

I had to take time away because this case made me so angry that nothing was getting resolved when certain things seemed so obvious. I regularly came back to catch up on everything. After all this time and all these theories I keep coming to the same conclusion.

This was NOT a suicide. I am so disgusted with HCSO and how they’ve handled this entire case. So many lies. So many inconsistencies. Why? People lie when they have something to hide. The liars are the ones who truly need to be investigated.

My heart aches for this family. God I pray that soon the truth will come out. This poor man. His poor children and grandchildren. They need justice. They need peace. God bless them all.

MOO

Probably true about the dowel not being heavy enough to be a weapon, but if someone with a knife was between me and the door, or my gun, I'd grab anything nearby I could to at least try to knock the guy's hand or arm away from me. That's about the only thing I can come up with.

We have various shotguns here and there, and in Texas, it would seem to be a normal thing for him to have one in his shop. It probably wasn't loaded, though, which would have been another reason he may not have had time to go for it.
It's odd that at the beginning of the investigation they had blood and a gun but did not take it into evidence to see if it had been fired. Odd that in the press they stated they suspected foul play but in reality did not treat the garage as a crime scene allowing anyone to come and go as they pleased.

It's odd that at the beginning of the investigation they had blood and a gun but did not take it into evidence to see if it had been fired. Odd that in the press they stated they suspected foul play but in reality did not treat the garage as a crime scene allowing anyone to come and go as they pleased.
I'm afraid I don't recall anything about a gun being mentioned at all on this thread. I do remember vaguely that on the Family FB, one of the daughters answered a question re some form of firearm found in the shop and where it was located.

I read something on the FB

I'm afraid I don't recall anything about a gun being mentioned at all on this thread. I do remember vaguely that on the Family FB, one of the daughters answered a question re some form of firearm found in the shop and where it was located.

I read something on the FB

I would have only read it here. She said it was either a rifle or shotgun. She saw it there so it wasn't taken into evidence.
Here it is #462.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...ounty-10-March-2017-4&p=13670221#post13670221

I would have only read it here. She said it was either a rifle or shotgun. She saw it there so it wasn't taken into evidence.
Here it is #462.

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...ounty-10-March-2017-4&p=13670221#post13670221

Thanks for always being able to bring these posts forwards! You say something and always have proof to back up what you said. I say crap that I think I remember and hopefully no one asks me to back it up!!! Lol! Too honest there maybe.

But yes nothing forensically was done correctly so everything was lost that day in my opinion! Sucks! But obviously that’s how someone... or maybe a few ppl wanted it...

Here it is #462.

Thank you. When I first read about it somewhere else, I remember thinking he may have been spooked for some reason. However, now I wonder if maybe he had something else in
mind and decided not to use it. [emoji17]

Thanks for always being able to bring these posts forwards! You say something and always have proof to back up what you said. I say crap that I think I remember and hopefully no one asks me to back it up!!! Lol! Too honest there maybe.

But yes nothing forensically was done correctly so everything was lost that day in my opinion! Sucks! But obviously that’s how someone... or maybe a few ppl wanted it...

I'm going to purely speculate re: forensics on the gun. I'd bet that police did look at it and they could easily tell right away if it had been fired very recently. I believe that gun was hung exactly in it's place and nothing at all was disturbed in that shop, so investigators deemed it not necessary to take. I do think they took initial blood samples from the floor and do think they bagged and took the wooden dowel.

I also very strongly agree they should have done a whole lot more from the get-go, forensically.

Someone who knows he isn't coming back. Those small things alone leave a message behind. Exactly what the message is, remains to be seen.

Someone who runs or walks won’t usually carry a wallet. He had bad knees but is described as physically fit and looks fit in pictures. Diet alone won’t cut it after a certain age. I wonder how he exercised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste