Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So would you be ok with SM turning the case over the Office of the Attorney General & Texas Rangers? Meek step completely out of it and turn all of the investigation over. This is what has happened with the case with Tom Brown and I am starting to wonder if turning it over is the only way progress will be made.
Yes, most definitely. And if he has nothing to hide, I would think at this point, he'd be OK with turning it over.
(Or so I hope).

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Yes, most definitely. And if he has nothing to hide, I would think at this point, he'd be OK with turning it over.
(Or so I hope).

I agree (about him doing it if he has nothing to hide).

At this point, I am sorta surprised Klein hasn't moved the family towards this like he did with Tom Browns family. Though, maybe thats because BC might have to be the one to make that call? Not sure.

I agree (about him doing it if he has nothing to hide).

At this point, I am sorta surprised Klein hasn't moved the family towards this like he did with Tom Browns family. Though, maybe thats because BC might have to be the one to make that call? Not sure.
Who knows? There may be a method to someone's madness here that we are totally unaware of. Good or bad.

Also, one would think, if they had found MC's body right away, BC could have had the money right away. If BC had planned this, surely they would have concocted a way to have the body found in a short amount of time. Unless, of course, he was injured by someone else's hand and discovery of his body would show that. (And I sincerely hope this is not the case).

I'm thinking aloud here: but if getting a death certificate is as easy as it was for BC to get one for MC, what's to keep other disenchanted married people from doing this too? Why have any time limits at all?

Who knows? There may be a method to someone's madness here that we are totally unaware of. Good or bad.

Also, one would think, if they had found MC's body right away, BC could have had the money right away. If BC had planned this, surely they would have concocted a way to have the body found in a short amount of time. Unless, of course, he was injured by someone else's hand and discovery of his body would show that. (And I sincerely hope this is not the case).

I'm thinking aloud here: but if getting a death certificate is as easy as it was for BC to get one for MC, what's to keep other disenchanted married people from doing this too? Why have any time limits at all?

Not everyone is friends with the sheriff whose office is leading the investigation into the disappearance who will testify for you.

I think if his death is a homicide it would be determined easier the quicker his body is found. Then there would have been a real homicide investigation. And no one really knows how urgent her finances were. It could have just been a good excuse to cancel the phone account (and the associated Google tracking account that goes with it), and have him declared dead. Could have been real, could have been part of a plan. It doesn't seem like SM or HCSO did much to find out for sure.

Not everyone is friends with the sheriff whose office is leading the investigation into the disappearance who will testify for you.

I think if his death is a homicide it would be determined easier the quicker his body is found. Then there would have been a real homicide investigation. And no one really knows how urgent her finances were. It could have just been a good excuse to cancel the phone account (and the associated Google tracking account that goes with it), and have him declared dead. Could have been real, could have been part of a plan. It doesn't seem like SM or HCSO did much to find out for sure.
I was looking at the HCSO and can't find the stats for how big the department is. I know they cover only Hunt County and local PD's do the towns. If the picture on the HCSO
FB page is the entirety of the entire HCSO, then I'm surprised they have the manpower to correctly investigate this case. That's not to say they aren't capable, however.

I would think SM would be more than happy to hand this case over. If nothing more than to clear his own name and some of those in his department. I agree with the Brain Scratch guy in that SM does have a conflict of interest. He is too closely involved with everyone in the case (through no fault of his own) to investigate all matters that may prove to be embarrassing or detrimental to MC, BC, and whoever else.

Does he really have the resources to continue on with this case? If he has done everything right, he has nothing to fear and those who have maligned him and his department unfairly will have to live with that.

So, he can make it a Win Win by giving it to the Rangers and let them take the heat. He can get on with other pressing matters of the county that need attending to and some day, retiring in peace.

I have felt this way from the beginning. My opinion is that there's no reason he shouldn't have turned it over initially. But that's just my opinion, without knowing what all goes on behind the scenes in cases like this.

I was looking at the HCSO and can't find the stats for how big the department is. I know they cover only Hunt County and local PD's do the towns. If the picture on the HCSO
FB page is the entirety of the entire HCSO, then I'm surprised they have the manpower to correctly investigate this case. That's not to say they aren't capable, however.

I would think SM would be more than happy to hand this case over. If nothing more than to clear his own name and some of those in his department. I agree with the Brain Scratch guy in that SM does have a conflict of interest. He is too closely involved with everyone in the case (through no fault of his own) to investigate all matters that may prove to be embarrassing or detrimental to MC, BC, and whoever else.

Does he really have the resources to continue on with this case? If he has done everything right, he has nothing to fear and those who have maligned him and his department unfairly will have to live with that.

So, he can make it a Win Win by giving it to the Rangers and let them take the heat. He can get on with other pressing matters of the county that need attending to and some day, retiring in peace.

I disagree - if BC planned this, then she would not want the body found soon, at all. Time destroys evidence and destroyed evidence helps guilty parties have reasonable doubt & less actual proof.

I'd LOVE to come to TX for a trial in this case, if it's in the winter.
I've 'met' some really awesome people working on this case and I'd love for all of us to be sitting in a courtroom the day that Michael Chambers receives justice, if this turns out to be the work of others.

Come on! The new house has two extra bedrooms!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So would you be ok with SM turning the case over the Office of the Attorney General & Texas Rangers? Meek step completely out of it and turn all of the investigation over. This is what has happened with the case with Tom Brown and I am starting to wonder if turning it over is the only way progress will be made.

That’s pretty much what is trying to be accomplished. RM has done nothing but hedge, lie, and misinform at what seems like every turn. I haven’t found one credible thing he’s said. Including the part about him being a “close family friend”.

Random thoughts:

The wooden dowel drives me nuts. If it had a blood smear/bloody hand print on it, then it seems MC was injured before he picked up the dowel. There was a long gun kept in the shop ( hanging on a wall, or above a door, or something like that), but if he was attacked, he obviously didn't have time to reach the gun. Did he grab the dowel as the nearest item to try to fend someone off? If so, why was the dowel found leaning up against a vehicle inside the shop ? ( per VI) If he became injured another way and was by himself, why did he pick up the dowel?

The driver's license: If MC removed his DL from his wallet himself, did he do so before he was injured- because VI reported there was no blood on the wallet( no blood anywhere except a smear on the dowel and the drops on the floor). Then there's the age-old problem of why? Why would he have taken just that, or why would an attacker? In researching, it doesn't seem like it's all that easy these days to use someone else's DL, but real documents like those are probably still stolen and sold to bad guys, and used in one way or another by those up to no good. Early on in the case, when I was leaning towards a walk-off, I was told that all Texas residents need to cross into Mexico was their DL. I don't think this is the case these days, but I'm not 100% sure.

We've talked a lot about both these things, but they've been swirling around my head a great deal lately and I keep trying to connect dots. I do have more thoughts about these things, but am looking at every possible angle I can come up with. Nothing makes sense to me and nothing fits entirely. Not murder, self-harm, or intentional walk-off.

If MC picked up the dowel to try to fend someone off, I'd lean toward that someone having a knife or something else sharp, and not a firearm. On the other hand, that dowel could have nothing to do with anything and was just something MC picked up and moved, for no particular reason. I don't believe that, but it's possible.

Random thoughts:

The wooden dowel drives me nuts. If it had a blood smear/bloody hand print on it, then it seems MC was injured before he picked up the dowel. There was a long gun kept in the shop ( hanging on a wall, or above a door, or something like that), but if he was attacked, he obviously didn't have time to reach the gun. Did he grab the dowel as the nearest item to try to fend someone off? If so, why was the dowel found leaning up against a vehicle inside the shop ? ( per VI) If he became injured another way and was by himself, why did he pick up the dowel?

The driver's license: If MC removed his DL from his wallet himself, did he do so before he was injured- because VI reported there was no blood on the wallet( no blood anywhere except a smear on the dowel and the drops on the floor). Then there's the age-old problem of why? Why would he have taken just that, or why would an attacker? In researching, it doesn't seem like it's all that easy these days to use someone else's DL, but real documents like those are probably still stolen and sold to bad guys, and used in one way or another by those up to no good. Early on in the case, when I was leaning towards a walk-off, I was told that all Texas residents need to cross into Mexico was their DL. I don't think this is the case these days, but I'm not 100% sure.

We've talked a lot about both these things, but they've been swirling around my head a great deal lately and I keep trying to connect dots. I do have more thoughts about these things, but am looking at every possible angle I can come up with. Nothing makes sense to me and nothing fits entirely. Not murder, self-harm, or intentional walk-off.

If MC picked up the dowel to try to fend someone off, I'd lean toward that someone having a knife or something else sharp, and not a firearm. On the other hand, that dowel could have nothing to do with anything and was just something MC picked up and moved, for no particular reason. I don't believe that, but it's possible.

A US resident has to have at least a passport card to cross into Mexico. This was put into force a few years ago.

The dowel is a puzzle piece that I’ve not found a piece for. Anywhere.

A US resident has to have at least a passport card to cross into Mexico. This was put into force a few years ago.

The dowel is a puzzle piece that I’ve not found a piece for. Anywhere.

I knew that passports were needed to cross into Mexico, but a Texas resident told me that wasn't the case for Texas residents. He was wrong. Perhaps that was the case some years ago?

Has anyone mentioned that he knew what he was going to do and the drivers license would provide identification of a body. Being a firefighter and possibly a first responder, he would know that

Sorry if that’s already discussed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone mentioned that he knew what he was going to do and the drivers license would provide identification of a body. Being a firefighter and possibly a first responder, he would know that

Sorry if that’s already discussed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True. It crossed my mind as well. But I can't help but think that if we can reason that out, wouldn't a perp think of that too?

If someone ( or more ) put their heads together and tried very hard to think of everything to make it appear that MC committed suicide, could this one of the things on their list?

Just has an overall feel of a 'frame-up' to me. As if it could have been set up that way so the casual observer could come to that conclusion too.

Myself, I don't believe for one minute that MC ever entertained the idea of suicide, and even if he did, he sure wouldn't do it the way it's been painted!

The whole thing screams behind-the-scenes manipulation to me...

JMO

I knew that passports were needed to cross into Mexico, but a Texas resident told me that wasn't the case for Texas residents. He was wrong. Perhaps that was the case some years ago?

It changed in 2005 (?), I believe. You can cross with a passport card, or a passport. You used to be able to cross with just your DL before that.

I apologize if I sound like a broken record but I think if MC committed suicide someone would’ve found him by now.
My first thought when I read about his disappearance was someone picked him up to go to lunch or to “go look at something” and MC grabbed his cap, cash, license and left.
I think the VI said the dowel wasn’t heavy enough to be a weapon and later told us MC kept a rifle/shotgun in a corner in his shop. In a desperate situation almost anything can be a weapon but wouldn’t it have made more sense to go for a rifle/shotgun-something heavy, to do actual damage-than a wooden dowel?
I don’t know anyone who keeps a gun in their shop; maybe by the front door of their home or on a night table but not an outbuilding.
I wonder if MC had a gun in his shop, where he spent a lot of time, because he felt or had been threatened or expected trouble.

True. It crossed my mind as well. But I can't help but think that if we can reason that out, wouldn't a perp think of that too?

If someone ( or more ) put their heads together and tried very hard to think of everything to make it appear that MC committed suicide, could this one of the things on their list?

Just has an overall feel of a 'frame-up' to me. As if it could have been set up that way so the casual observer could come to that conclusion too.

Myself, I don't believe for one minute that MC ever entertained the idea of suicide, and even if he did, he sure wouldn't do it the way it's been painted!

JMO
JazzTune, You hit the nail on the head as what I was thinking also! Could not share my feelings as I have my grandkids overnight an extremely busy and whipped tired. Justice will come!
Talk soon!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327AZ using Tapatalk

I apologize if I sound like a broken record but I think if MC committed suicide someone would’ve found him by now.
My first thought when I read about his disappearance was someone picked him up to go to lunch or to “go look at something” and MC grabbed his cap, cash, license and left.
I think the VI said the dowel wasn’t heavy enough to be a weapon and later told us MC kept a rifle/shotgun in a corner in his shop. In a desperate situation almost anything can be a weapon but wouldn’t it have made more sense to go for a rifle/shotgun-something heavy, to do actual damage-than a wooden dowel?
I don’t know anyone who keeps a gun in their shop; maybe by the front door of their home or on a night table but not an outbuilding.
I wonder if MC had a gun in his shop, where he spent a lot of time, because he felt or had been threatened or expected trouble.

Probably true about the dowel not being heavy enough to be a weapon, but if someone with a knife was between me and the door, or my gun, I'd grab anything nearby I could to at least try to knock the guy's hand or arm away from me. That's about the only thing I can come up with.

We have various shotguns here and there, and in Texas, it would seem to be a normal thing for him to have one in his shop. It probably wasn't loaded, though, which would have been another reason he may not have had time to go for it.

JMO

I so appreciate your thoughts, JazzTune. As for myself, I just don't see the careful manipulation or staging that others do. I tend to think the simpler explanations of things are more often correct- the Occam's Razor rule, if you will. If MC was harmed at his shop and taken away, whoever did it was pretty darn lucky, IMO. This was in broad daylight! I would grant that whoever did it would have known BC was not at home, but how could that person have also known the nearest next door neighbor's, who could see the Chambers' property, would not return to their home until 3PM that day? That's why I say any possible perp was just lucky. I still think it's a possibility that if foul play was involved, it wasn't planned ahead and happened unexpectedly. I still believe that if foul play, MC left his shop walking and got into a vehicle under his own power, after locking the things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bear_With_Me