Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why hasnt there been a plea... "If you saw a white haired man with glasses walking his bike, like a Flintstone car, on *advertiser censored* date, please contact us. His gps shows him in the vicinity of *advertiser censored* at x:xx and yyy at y:yy. It ends at 11:11 in the middle of 2 mile bridge. If you think you might have seen this man or seen an abandoned red bike, please contact us". No? No plea for info?

Also, where did they have Texas eq search? Was it the water? I think that's very telling if they did not have them search the water, the place they now claim he is. I mean, we only head of land searches. I think he said they did 2 or 3 searches in the time frame (maybe 10 months at the time?) So when were the water searches done. No one knew? The media reports on every case I follow when searches are being done. Yet, nothing? And didn't call Texas eq back? I don't get it.

This is the oddest case EVER! !!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It was so illogical i keep wondering if it was orchestrated. The 2.5 mph comment was on KRLD radio, not a huge media outlet but picked up by NBC affiliate and so on from there. (Strangely that comment was not included in most media articles so no corrections were needed.) Did he know he would be asked to correct himself? He was prepared for that question on the FB interview so he was definitely aware of what everyone was saying. But even then gave a bogus answer. If he really had 2.5 mph why not just develop a theory that MC walked off. Would he really have done the KRLD interview without notes? Only if he were so closely involved in the investigation he didn't need them, then 2.5 vs 4.5 isn't a mistake you would make. If he were going to make up a number why not make up one that could be legit? If he isn't too involved was he fed a line of bull by an investigator who is trying to slant the investigation? Or by a deputy who wanted to make him look bad? If there is any truth to his statement I believe the mph is an average of when the phone left his residence and when it went in the water. I question if the phone expert was even able to get GPS data months after BC cancelled the line, so they had to extrapolate from the limited data they had. If that is the case and it did not connect to 3 or more towers they cannot plot an actual course the phone took with a body of water nearby. Or was it all just a message planted to attempt to make someone relax? Maybe he only wanted to say, "Suicide not homicide, so don't worry about being investigated just go on with your lives", but got caught giving too many details and it backfired.
JazzTune, it's possible someone walked or ran with the phone to set up the idea of suicide at the bridge but that isn't an area where someone walking or running would blend in. A person walking on that road would stand out. It's not done there. Someone may even pull over and offer them a ride. They could not predict who would pass them and take note like a LE vehicle, since they would be on the road several hours. Being in a boat is much more discreet.
I feel the blood in the shop was planted and what was left was disposed of down in the culvert. I'm not sure he ever made it home but if he did there were folks waiting on him there.

Thank you, ocgrad for your terrific explanation! It sounds like I may have been giving SM far more credit than he deserved. You are making me wonder now, is the dog wagging the tail, or is the tail actually wagging the dog?!

Orchestrated?? Was SM set up by his own team to look bad? ( If so, it worked! ) Never thought about that. I just thought SM was clueless.

Thanks for filling in all the blanks. You've thought through every scenario and your answers make a lot of sense.

Was SM just a pawn, a mouthpiece in all this? Or could SM actually be sending a message to certain others? ( 'Relax, we've got it covered. Suicide for the official record.' ) But then flubbed the details when he tried to wing it?

I never thought of that.

I too wonder about the phone data. According to the VI, BC had MC's phone turned off about ten days after his disappearance. Yet, this complex information was supposedly obtained 8 months later.

It seems too pat, too tidy. As if SM is saying, "There you have it folks. Suicide it is. Move on along now. Nothing more to see here."

As for my jogger guy, perhaps you're right. I don't know the area at all. Most people don't pay attention to joggers, but it would be a risk that someone could see and remember.

I hadn't thought either of someone stopping and offering a ride. Yeah, that would sure put a damper on trying to get rid of evidence. As you say, a boat would be much more discreet IF the information given to us IS correct.

I questioned many of SM's answers but I didn't really question the key elements of the narrative. Your post has opened my eyes, and made me realize I'm far more gullible than I thought. :rolleyes:

Thank you for that! I'm thinking about this case differently now.

We need you to stick around here, for sure...

JMO

Why hasnt there been a plea... "If you saw a white haired man with glasses walking his bike, like a Flintstone car, on *advertiser censored* date, please contact us. His gps shows him in the vicinity of *advertiser censored* at x:xx and yyy at y:yy. It ends at 11:11 in the middle of 2 mile bridge. If you think you might have seen this man or seen an abandoned red bike, please contact us". No? No plea for info?

Also, where did they have Texas eq search? Was it the water? I think that's very telling if they did not have them search the water, the place they now claim he is. I mean, we only head of land searches. I think he said they did 2 or 3 searches in the time frame (maybe 10 months at the time?) So when were the water searches done. No one knew? The media reports on every case I follow when searches are being done. Yet, nothing? And didn't call Texas eq back? I don't get it.

IMO, HCSO would just like this to quietly go away (like they've tried to do with other cases). Meeks is set on his suicide theory and that's that.

On Brainscratch video John made several good points. One especially resonated with me, he said, SM is playing a game with the media on this case. He had new info supposedly months ago like cell phone data tracking him to the bridge, depression, a bike was missing. If he believes there is no one to prosecute then why not release information to the public to aid in finding him.

Thank you, ocgrad for your terrific explanation! It sounds like I may have been giving SM far more credit than he deserved. You are making me wonder now, is the dog wagging the tail, or is the tail actually wagging the dog?!

Orchestrated?? Was SM set up by his own team to look bad? ( If so, it worked! ) Never thought about that. I just thought SM was clueless.

Thanks for filling in all the blanks. You've thought through every scenario and your answers make a lot of sense.

Was SM just a pawn, a mouthpiece in all this? Or could SM actually be sending a message to certain others? ( 'Relax, we've got it covered. Suicide for the official record.' ) But then flubbed the details when he tried to wing it?

I never thought of that.

I too wonder about the phone data. According to the VI, BC had MC's phone turned off about ten days after his disappearance. Yet, this complex information was supposedly obtained 8 months later.

It seems too pat, too tidy. As if SM is saying, "There you have it folks. Suicide it is. Move on along now. Nothing more to see here."

As for my jogger guy, perhaps you're right. I don't know the area at all. Most people don't pay attention to joggers, but it would be a risk that someone could see and remember.

I hadn't thought either of someone stopping and offering a ride. Yeah, that would sure put a damper on trying to get rid of evidence. As you say, a boat would be much more discreet IF the information given to us IS correct.

I questioned many of SM's answers but I didn't really question the key elements of the narrative. Your post has opened my eyes, and made me realize I'm far more gullible than I thought. :rolleyes:

JMO
JazzTune you are too kind.
I just don't trust something that stupid. Other answer is corruption and a Boss Hog assumption that they are the law, case closed. Maybe. John in this Brainscratch video said it well, it doesn't stand up to ANY scrutiny. SM and his investigator are mature LE officers. They cannot truly believe that theory themselves. If we can poke it full of holes and the commenters in Hunt County can shred it, well there is something else going on. But what? Would he float a false theory to get a reaction from someone? I think LE does that sometime.

I just don't trust something that stupid. Other answer is corruption and a Boss Hog assumption that they are the law, case closed. Maybe. John in this Brainscratch video said it well, it doesn't stand up to ANY scrutiny. SM and his investigator are mature LE officers. They cannot truly believe that theory themselves. If we can poke it full of holes and the commenters in Hunt County can shred it, well there is something else going on. But what? Would he float a false theory to get a reaction from someone? I think LE does that sometime.
How do I say this without getting in trouble....

Sometimes, things aren't always the way they appear. Say, for example, someone rings your doorbell selling vacuums. You yell "no way, buster" & slam the door in his face. He thinks "ok, well I guess they don't want a vacuum" and crosses the address off his list. While it's true that you don't really want a vacuum, the real reason you don't want him to come in is the housefull of pets that, if discovered, will violate the terms of your lease and leave you homeless.

My hypothetical MOOOOOO only!

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

I never thought of that.

JMO

Re: SM being a pawn -

Ok, let's go with that thought for a moment and ASSUME SM is completely on the up & up. Does the deputy working this case have a motive? Does he know BC and MC? Why would he want to throw shade on the case?

I recall a quick little snippet of an interview with the deputy back at the beginning of April. About the time the sheriff was making his grand announcement about MC killing himself. The reporter walked up to the lead deputy and asked what he thought of the Sheriffs announcement and did he have anything to add to it. The lead deputy declined to comment (of course) but I recall seeing a look of disbelief on his face. Does anyone else recall that video interview? I would like to rewatch it.

Re: SM being a pawn -

Ok, let's go with that thought for a moment and ASSUME SM is completely on the up & up. Does the deputy working this case have a motive? Does he know BC and MC? Why would he want to throw shade on the case?

I recall a quick little snippet of an interview with the deputy back at the beginning of April. About the time the sheriff was making his grand announcement about MC killing himself. The reporter walked up to the lead deputy and asked what he thought of the Sheriffs announcement and did he have anything to add to it. The lead deputy declined to comment (of course) but I recall seeing a look of disbelief on his face. Does anyone else recall that video interview? I would like to rewatch it.
Is it this interview with Haines? He confirmed the 2.5 mph, even though SM was correcting his statement to 4.5. Odd that the investigator wouldn't know that.
"Haines did confirm that investigators tracked Chambers' cell phone from his home northeast of Quinlan to the bridge over Lake Tawakoni, at a speed just over two miles per hour."
​http://www.wfaa.com/article/news/lo...las-firefighter-not-a-done-deal/287-534725166

I wish Sgt. Haines had elaborated on their other theories. :thinking:

Is it this interview with Haines? He confirmed the 2.5 mph, even though SM was correcting his statement to 4.5. Odd that the investigator wouldn't know that.
"Haines did confirm that investigators tracked Chambers' cell phone from his home northeast of Quinlan to the bridge over Lake Tawakoni, at a speed just over two miles per hour."
​http://www.wfaa.com/article/news/lo...las-firefighter-not-a-done-deal/287-534725166

No...its not that wfaa story. Let me try and find it tonight.

I believe various ponds and the big lakes shoreline were definitely searched relatively early on, and reported on- at least by our first VI. Fish and game folks patrolled land around and I think in at least part of Lake Tawakoni, and I also remember a specialized water search and rescue outfit was brought in, at least once. I can't recall their name. This info was probably in thread 1. We now know from the sheriff's statements that dive teams searched near that bridge at least twice.

One thing I think we do not know and I'd very much like to know, is what was the approximate time MC's phone made that one stop, and what time did it arrive, at the 2-mile bridge. I really can't speculate much more about the phone data analysis because we don't know enough about it yet. I do not think SM or the HCSO made any of that up and believe it's the info they got from an expert and what they have to go on. So, that's all I have to go on, at such point Klein or the HCSO provide further evidence and explanation.

IF that phone data analysis is approximately correct- that phone traveled by one of only a very, very few means. A motor vehicle isn't one of them.

I hope the family is getting answers.
I am so frustrated right now.....I really can't imagine what the family is going through. I just hope (like everyone else here) that Klein's investigation will provide the answers needed to find MC, and answers to just what the heck happened. I really don't want to come to Texas for any trials, but if it comes to that, I'll rent the car and pick you up at the airport.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

I'll start saving my pennies, Razz!

I'd LOVE to come to TX for a trial in this case, if it's in the winter.
I've 'met' some really awesome people working on this case and I'd love for all of us to be sitting in a courtroom the day that Michael Chambers receives justice, if this turns out to be the work of others.

I've 'met' some really awesome people working on this case and I'd love for all of us to be sitting in a courtroom the day that Michael Chambers receives justice, if this turns out to be the work of others.
I live in Dallas and will pick you up at the airport!

I just listened to Brainscratch. My feeling is (hopefully) Meeks is not "in charge of the investigation" but, feels that need to be the one upfront because he is a family friend and because he is the SO and he does like being the figurehead. (Even though not very well informed imo) I cant blame him for being upset about some of the comments made on the Hunt County FB page. Many people's character is being assassinated with no proof other than they can write what they want.

So imo, Meeks needs to back out, and keep his mouth closed. Releasing the info re the GPS and suicide by bridge was a huge mistake. Haines says they are working several theories. So I hope he keeps working them and keeps the info to only a few. (Sans SM)

And Klein needs to keep working and keep his info close to the chest. I do hope they update a small circle of the family but keep it limited to the public.

I feel like the family is unnecessarily being jerked in all directions. I would like to see (if possible) cooperation between the SO (excluding Meeks) and Klein.

I'd love to visit Texas and hop over to Midlothian to see what's really going on in the MB case as well!

I could definitely get behind a power play scenario theory. I also agree with everything else you said here.

I just listened to Brainscratch. My feeling is (hopefully) Meeks is not "in charge of the investigation" but, feels that need to be the one upfront because he is a family friend and because he is the SO and he does like being the figurehead. (Even though not very well informed imo) I cant blame him for being upset about some of the comments made on the Hunt County FB page. Many people's character is being assassinated with no proof other than they can write what they want.

So imo, Meeks needs to back out, and keep his mouth closed. Releasing the info re the GPS and suicide by bridge was a huge mistake. Haines says they are working several theories. So I hope he keeps working them and keeps the info to only a few. (Sans SM)

And Klein needs to keep working and keep his info close to the chest. I do hope they update a small circle of the family but keep it limited to the public.

I feel like the family is unnecessarily being jerked in all directions. I would like to see (if possible) cooperation between the SO (excluding Meeks) and Klein.

So would you be ok with SM turning the case over the Office of the Attorney General & Texas Rangers? Meek step completely out of it and turn all of the investigation over. This is what has happened with the case with Tom Brown and I am starting to wonder if turning it over is the only way progress will be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo