‘Mother hen’ to media villain: The life of Debbie Bradley - Kansas City Star 11/5/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that goes back to the word cooperate. What stops LE from visiting them, asking them a question or two and leaving? I don't think LE is completely blacked out from the family is the point I'm making.

Their lawyer is what stops them.

So you think they may still be talking to LE, just not co-operating when they do? :waitasec: Well, I GUESS that's possible, but why would they talk to them at all if they are not going to co-operate?

They are talking to LE, they are just not allowing formal interrogation of them. They are answering questions. They have been in contact (no search was ever declined, etc). There is just a huge breakdown of trust between parents and LE, and parents are presumably refusing to continue to defend themselves in interrogation.

"Young claims the parents have cooperated and answered other questions, but they have not sufficiently satisfied police demands."
http://m.ibtimes.com/missing-baby-l...pearance-yougn-tacopina-short-dia-237490.html

That's not good either, but at least let's call it like it is, right?

Their lawyer is what stops them.

Right, but LE themselves are not saying they are not talking to the family at all. Don't you think LE would specifically say there is no communication at all between the two if that really was the case?

Yes, let's do call it like it is. That article is dated Oct.25th, do we have ANYTHING recent saying the parents are talking to LE at all? All I have seen is the on again off again interview with the boys and that LE STILL wants to interview the parents again. If they were talking at ALL......I don't think LE would publicly say that risking pushing them away again...............

They are talking to LE, they are just not allowing formal interrogation of them. They are answering questions. They have been in contact (no search was ever declined, etc). There is just a huge breakdown of trust between parents and LE, and parents are presumably refusing to continue to defend themselves in interrogation.

"Young claims the parents have cooperated and answered other questions, but they have not sufficiently satisfied police demands."
http://m.ibtimes.com/missing-baby-l...pearance-yougn-tacopina-short-dia-237490.html

That's not good either, but at least let's call it like it is, right?

Look at it this way- if they are guilty, they are not going to incriminate themselves, and frankly we have laws allowing them to remain silent and not incriminate themselves.

If they are innocent, they allowed 3 interrogations of themselves, and one of the boys. It got hostile. "Being cleared" seems impossible. They don't believe LE will find Lisa unless they are forced to look. They certainly won't continue investigating if they manage to get a false confession made in weakness.

So either way- they want to talk about other possibilities, and not themselves.

Yes, let's do call it like it is. That article is dated Oct.25th, do we have ANYTHING recent saying the parents are talking to LE at all? All I have seen is the on again off again interview with the boys and that LE STILL wants to interview the parents again. If they were talking at ALL......I don't think LE would publicly say that risking pushing them away again...............
I don't think we have anything recent period. LE has even stopped saying that they are "moving on" from potential POI's.

Everything recent is mostly speculation or character pieces.

The first time they were claimed "uncooperative" was October 6. It was been ongoing, off and on ever since. It's not like this statement came out BEFORE they got accused of being uncooperative. No, the statement that came out before the uncooperative stuff started said their story had no holes.

Look at it this way- if they are guilty, they are not going to incriminate themselves, and frankly we have laws allowing them to remain silent and not incriminate themselves.

If they are innocent, they allowed 3 interrogations of themselves, and one of the boys. It got hostile. "Being cleared" seems impossible. They don't believe LE will find Lisa unless they are forced to look. They certainly won't continue investigating if they manage to get a false confession made in weakness.

So either way- they want to talk about other possibilities, and not themselves.

ITA with the bolded bit..........and that's where I have the problem. The PARENTS nor their ATTORNEY are running this investigation, LE are.

We don't have anything recent period, from either side. I'm just going off the recent comments by LE saying they have been cooperative. I'd take that to mean there is some dialogue there.

I hope ya'll are right. I just feel like they shut the door and we are in the middle of a stand off and the only one paying for it is LISA.

ITA with the bolded bit..........and that's where I have the problem. The PARENTS nor their ATTORNEY are running this investigation, LE are.

YUP, agreed!

With probable cause they can (and SHOULD) pick the parents up and hold them for so many hours and interrogate them. That's how our system works. If there is probable cause you don't get to choose if you're going to be interrogated or not. Don't whine to the media, run the investigation.

If they don't have probable cause, after 3 interrogations and a 17 hour search... well... then they probably do need to find something more.

We don't have anything recent period, from either side. I'm just going off the recent comments by LE saying they have been cooperative. I'd take that to mean there is some dialogue there.

Has LE actually stated anywhere that the parents have been cooperative?

Most every article I've seen says that LE will not confirm the parents are UNcooperative. That's not the same thing as saying they are cooperating. A minor difference in wording pehaps, but an important one, IMO.

By my calculation, right about now would be a good time to start camping in front of the police station and beg every passing investigator to tell them, please please PLEASE tell us that you didn't find any evidence of a dead Lisa in the home search besides the cadaver dog hit, please say that it's possible she could still be alive and the intruder didn't kill her then and there.

Some of the tests should have come back by now I think.

OMG,if I had been given any chance of saving my son I would have endured torture to save his life.I was never given the chance.

I don't think that makes me an unusual mother.Quite the contrary ,it's what parents do when their child's life is threatened.

To not put themselves through another LE interview when that is their only hope of finding their daughter???:waitasec:That's unimaginable to me .

Analyzing the families actions should start in one place ,PANIC! DISTRESS,DISBELIEF,GRIEF,SHOCK,PLEASE HELP US ,WHAT DO WE DO TO SAVE OUR BABY?

We don't know what was said during the LE interview,but I just can't fathom blowing LE off if my baby was kidnapped. Let them say what they want about me,think what they want,as long as they also keep looking for her !
What is wrong with these parents :banghead:

Why should it be the only chance they have of finding their daughter? If they are innocent, there is nothing else they can say that will help them find Lisa if someone else is responsible and they have no idea who it is or what happened to her.
It seems to me that LE should be out looking for the baby instead of focusing on putting the parents through more grilling. You can't tell the 'truth' if you don't know what that truth is.

Why should it be the only chance they have of finding their daughter? If they are innocent, there is nothing else they can say that will help them find Lisa if someone else is responsible and they have no idea who it is or what happened to her.
It seems to me that LE should be out looking for the baby instead of focusing on putting the parents through more grilling. You can't tell the 'truth' if you don't know what that truth is.

How does that even begin to justify not allowing the boys to be questioned? How do the parents know for a fact that Lisa's brothers won't offer some seemingly meaningless bit of information that could assist LE in finding her?

Of course LE is "out looking" for Lisa. But look at all the man hours and tax dollars spent in the search for Caylee when all along, her mother knew precisely where she was. I don't blame LE one bit for focusing on Mom and Dad, given their inconsistent stories and evasiveness.

Has LE actually stated anywhere that the parents have been cooperative?

Most every article I've seen says that LE will not confirm the parents are UNcooperative. That's not the same thing as saying they are cooperating. A minor difference in wording pehaps, but an important one, IMO.

look at my post above, they have said it. "Young claims the parents have cooperated and answered other questions, but they have not sufficiently satisfied police demands." link a few posts up.

Another
Young said he did not dispute reports that the family had cooperated and answered questions, but the police department detectives still had unanswered questions.
http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...ave-refused-separate-interviews#ixzz1d7ulL7f1

They've probably attempted to rack their brains of anything they know but I think the parents might know something they don't know they know, something they don't realize might be significant. A brilliant questioner might ask the right questions to get it out but only if they talk to LE

How does that even begin to justify not allowing the boys to be questioned? How do the parents know for a fact that Lisa's brothers won't offer some seemingly meaningless bit of information that could assist LE in finding her?

Of course LE is "out looking" for Lisa. But look at all the man hours and tax dollars spent in the search for Caylee when all along, her mother knew precisely where she was. I don't blame LE one bit for focusing on Mom and Dad, given their inconsistent stories and evasiveness.

*questioned again

I agree, the boys need to be questioned. No excuses.

If they are guilty it's obvious why they would say no. If they are innocent, it's probably a trust issue. IMO Steve Young shot the department in the foot when announcing that they were no longer cooperating on Oct 6 after 2 days of lengthy interrogations. Guilty or innocent, it was too soon to jump on that ship when they had been cooperative until 10:00 the previous night.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/15925815/deborahs-brother-leaves-with-detectives

Police say they still want to re-interview Irwin and Bradley. Police last interviewed them on Oct. 8 and restrictions have been placed on all interviews since Oct. 5, authorities told KCTV5.

These are my opinions only....

This is the only thing I have found. I have been looking because, I think the stalemate on both sides is ridiculous. I take this and the fact that LE doesn't deny what attorney had to say about it to mean that unrestricted is w/o attorney. The thing that stands out to me in this article is that on Oct 8 interview is when law professor was acting as counsel. So, if he (counsel) was there on Oct 8 and Oct 5 was last interview w/o restrictions according to police...that makes me think that attorney present would be a restriction.

I hope that came across more clearly than I think it did. I was just headed off to bed, so there you go. That is what I have. I respect your opinion about the parents. I am still very on the fence. I am hopeful that Lisa is returned safely, I'm praying for that as I think we all are. Good night...:seeya:

LE doesn't need to address every accusation made by the defense attorney. Defense attorneys make a lot of accusations and spin stories to make LE the bad guys (some more than others) when things don't look good for their clients. They want to create doubt and it appears to be working.Where's THEIR proof?
The defense attorneys want the public to take sides against LE. With nothing to back up their accusations they want the public to make the parents ,who aren't behaving like a family desperate to get their baby back,victims of LE.

What is LE supposed to do when the only witnesses won't talk? Where do they go from here?

And as a final thought to ponder ,wasn't Joe T. the lawyer / spokesman advocating for Joran Van Der Sloot? :waitasec: Great job there. JVS went on to brutally kill again. :furious:

They've probably attempted to rack their brains of anything they know but I think the parents might know something they don't know they know, something they don't realize might be significant. A brilliant questioner might ask the right questions to get it out but only if they talk to LE
That's exactly why they've said they would talk to investigators who haven't presumed their guilt- so it will be a full scope questioning and not just pressure about their guilt.

I personally think it would be advantageous to get them talking with new investigators. Someone else already on case, not NEW to the case, just not the same interrogators. The last ones weren't successful at getting a confession or incriminating information anyhow.

BEM: The defense lawyers count on the public believing everything they say, and they say just about anything to sway the court of public opinion - especially when it comes to making LE look like the big bad boogey men/women out to get their fearful, innocent clients. Defense attorneys say a heck of a lot more than LE says in media interviews - something the lawyers know and use. They also, apparently, count on a good portion of that public to lack even a remedial knowledge of the law.

Once Miranda rights are read, and the suspect/detainee invokes his right to an attorney, LE must, by law, respect their request and all further interviews must be conducted with suspect/detainee's lawyer present. Remedial. To believe the KCPD demanded interviews with the Bradwins sans representation is to believe they would blatantly violate their Miranda rights and therefore obtain information that would not even be admissable in a court of law.

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2011/11/07/baby-lisa%e2%80%99s-grandfather-says-birthday-will-be-tough/?hpt=ng_bn3
"Police have told HLN that the parents have not agreed to sit down for separate, unrestricted interviews with detectives since October 8. Their attorney said to ABC that they are being cooperative but they do not want to be questioned by investigators who they feel have already concluded that they are guilty."

BEM: Here we have the real truth of the matter, IMO. As for interviewing them in their living room, it's not tea and crumpets, there has to be a controlled environment. Phillip was taken to the station for his interview, they could have sat on the stoop and chatted, but that's just not how questioning works.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a divorce in progress - followed shortly thereafter, by a marriage.

They did the initial interrogation in this 'controlled environment'... in the police interrogation room. There is no reason to keep on questioning them in that environment unless they have sufficient evidence to support their suspicion that one or both of them is guilty of a crime. Any new questions that arise can be handled in the living room of wherever they are staying WITH their attorney present.
LE is trying to sway public opinion, which will help their case if it ever goes to court. By insisting that the parents are not 'cooperating'... which in cop speak means they aren't giving them the answers they want... and by insisting that they come down to the station for more questioning instead of sitting down with them in their home only serves one purpose, and that is to intimidate them and to convince the public that they have something to hide.
Maybe they do... I don't know. I'm just saying that once the parents of a missing child have given LE everything they know, and there is nothing else they can possibly say that would help, there is no legal reason to keep treating them like suspects unless they have evidence to point to them as being guilty. And I hope to heck that they have more than one hit by one dog in the bedroom, because that alone would not sway a judge to sign an arrest warrant. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx