‘Mother hen’ to media villain: The life of Debbie Bradley - Kansas City Star 11/5/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by tehcloser View Post
I'm wondering........WHY would LE tell JI that DB said the baby wasn't his? PERHAPS....DB admitted to it and now she has no choice but to say "OH Those Mean LE".......hhhmmmmmmmmmmm.......................... .........

If it is true that LE said that to her, why would it really be motivation for her to harm or kill Lisa? :waitasec:

*puts tomato down on desk*

That's a very interesting thought, Teh.

Not sure I'm getting the point here. I'm still lagging behind. First, we only know that JI and DB said LE told him that LI wasn't his. Ok, Ok, I'm following that so far. But IF, LE told JI that, it was only in hopes of...if he did help cover up DB hurting LI or he did have knowledge of it, then LE thinks telling him that would cause him to turn on DB and tell what really happened, IF he knew what really happened at the hand of DB. Wait, what? So my point....I think...is, this tactic had nothing to do with scenario of DB knowing LI didn't belong to JI, Right. I mean, this has nothing to do with a motive for DB. It only means LE wanted to see if telling JI that LI isn't his, he may turn on DB. Am I coming across clearly. I'm sorry. Maybe somebody will understand what I'm trying to clarify. And maybe I just need to keep my mouf shut and continue to read and catch the heck up. My apologies in advance...:innocent:

It's a third-hand comment from someone being interrogated by police. Do I believe police engaged in racist name-calling? No. It is no different than a cop using the "n" word. Didn't happen, imo. DB may or may not have harmed her daughter but I have no problem believing she would lie about what was said to her. Blaming police seems to be a pattern in this case.

JMO
But almost all of the articles that have anything bad about her have only said their info came from 'sources'. No verifiable name at all. This one was at least comfortable enough with their information to state their sources.

I am sure people who read it would know it was MSM and the sources close to DB ,,So I would still say the story was put out about DB by the family.

Respectfully, my beau is an author & a recovering journalist who has written for LA Times, The New Yorker, SF Chronicle, and has contributed to many other publications. Good journalists have integrity & write about what the public wants to hear after careful investigation & composition.

I cannot see this award winning Journalist (Lee Hill Kavanaugh) writing a piece JUST for this family. And I am a bit sore that posters would think the KC Star would do something like that!

<modsnip>

Children whose parents abuse alcohol and other drugs are three times more likely to be abused and more than four times more likely to be neglected than children from non-abusing families.

http://www.childhelp.org/pages/statistics

<modsnip>.

I didn't say it was insignificant. But, is there anything that has been reported that these children were abused? Was child services ever called to their home either before Lisa was born or afterward? I don't know the answer to this, do you or anyone? Seems to me there is no history of anything prior to Lisa's disappearance. jmo

re Phil being around to see that Deb was passed out, it seems there was an article that mentioned that right after he interviewed with police the last time. He stated she was passed out and that he was too. I'm sure I read that article. I will search for it.

Here is one article from after his conversation with LE:

http://www.kspr.com/news/local/kspr...o-kansas-city-police-20111101,0,6422838.story

It says he confirmed that she drank enough to have passed out, not that he actually saw her pass out. Maybe he did see her pass out, or it might just refer to (1) what he saw her drink in the half hour he was there, (2) the amount he knows her to drink on a regular basis, (3) what she told him, or (4) how much alcohol he knew her to have available when he left.

Also, it mentions he was asleep (not passed out) during the time Lisa is thought to have disappeared, but does not say he was in the Irwin home at the time, though perhaps that is implied by mentioning it in reference to the kidnapping.

Respectfully, my beau is an author & a recovering journalist who has written for LA Times, The New Yorker, SF Chronicle, and has contributed to many other publications. Good journalists have integrity & write about what the public wants to hear after careful investigation & composition.

I cannot see this award winning Journalist (Lee Hill Kavanaugh) writing a piece JUST for this family. And I am a bit sore that posters would think the KC Star would do something like that!

<Modsnip>

Wait -I am NOT placing fault on ANYONE and NONE of my post said so either-- I was pointing out to other poster that people who read this story would know it was from MSM- This story was written by KCS.-I assume if it was allowed on WS it was consider MSM..I did not post this story...Please do not say I am placing fault with someone,b/c I don't think I have ever done that intenionally!!! My post had nothing do with certain journalists or reporters and nothing to do with your reply..<Modsnip>

I think that the investigators should be taking a long hard look at Phil Netz and his and Debbi's father, David Netz.

David Netz is acting very very defensive. I read his Facebook before he took it down. He's a handyman and home improvement guy. I wonder if he has any ongoing concrete projects around his house, like a walkway or patio or retaining wall? Great place to hide a little baby's body, to coverup the wrongdoing of your favorite child. And to have the child's grave nearby.

We now know that Phil hung around at the Irwin residence long after Debbi supposedly went to bed. Why? Was she really awake all that time, and was she transferring a dead baby Lisa to Phil's car to be taken to Independence MO. (only 13 miles away) for an unofficial burial?

These people are a really creepy family. Makes me even wonder exactly how Debbi's mom died. Maybe the PA police should look into that occurence.

Link please to "we now know that Phil hung around at the Irwin residence ...."

We know no such a thing. KC media has reported the opposite, he was gone by 5:30 p.m. The one report otherwise has been discredited.

I wonder where Lisa got her blonde hair?

The Hair Store of course :floorlaugh: Actually so many blonde hair babies turn out to have darker hair later in life. And LI hair may turn out to have a reddish look like DB's. Hard to tell when they are so young with the sweet little baby hars on their precious little noggins. :crazy:

The article humanizes Deborah, draws you in and gives an intimate glimpse of the dynamics of this family. Whether it was instigated to tug at the hearts of the public by family or the law team or simply a current event human interest story, the writer hit his mark admirably.

This is from an attorney who at least observed the Oct. 8 interview. Not sure about the Oct. 4-6 interviews.

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/20/3220223/baby-lisas-lawyers-say-police.html

BBM

Thanks, had missed that one..

from that article:

During the Oct. 8 interview, O’Brien said, police advanced theories that perhaps Lisa had died in a simple accident at the home, or that one of the parents had shaken the baby to death in a fit of irritation or anger.

“I’m sure if I wouldn’t have been there, it would have been more heavy-handed,” O’Brien said.

I didn't say it was insignificant. But, is there anything that has been reported that these children were abused? Was child services ever called to their home either before Lisa was born or afterward? I don't know the answer to this, do you or anyone? Seems to me there is no history of anything prior to Lisa's disappearance. jmo

Great questions! The people who would know if CPS has ever been involved were interviewed by the Star & could have stated as such IF they had chose to or IF there had been any history . . . but there is NO record that CPS has ever been involved with DB or JI (I sleuthed it through MO).

Thanks!!!

I think that the investigators should be taking a long hard look at Phil Netz and his and Debbi's father, David Netz.

David Netz is acting very very defensive. I read his Facebook before he took it down. He's a handyman and home improvement guy. I wonder if he has any ongoing concrete projects around his house, like a walkway or patio or retaining wall? Great place to hide a little baby's body, to coverup the wrongdoing of your favorite child. And to have the child's grave nearby.

We now know that Phil hung around at the Irwin residence long after Debbi supposedly went to bed. Why? Was she really awake all that time, and was she transferring a dead baby Lisa to Phil's car to be taken to Independence MO. (only 13 miles away) for an unofficial burial?

These people are a really creepy family. Makes me even wonder exactly how Debbi's mom died. Maybe the PA police should look into that occurence.

I haven't seen anything about Phil hanging around the Irwins house until long after Deb went to bed???

Great questions! The people who would know if CPS has ever been involved were interviewed by the Star & could have stated as such IF they had chose to or IF there had been any history . . . but there is NO record that CPS has ever been involved with DB or JI (I sleuthed it through MO).

Thanks!!!

But is the fact that CPS was never called proof that a mother couldn't have harmed her child, either accidently or on purpose? :waitasec:

Here is one article from after his conversation with LE:

http://www.kspr.com/news/local/kspr...o-kansas-city-police-20111101,0,6422838.story

It says he confirmed that she drank enough to have passed out, not that he actually saw her pass out. Maybe he did see her pass out, or it might just refer to (1) what he saw her drink in the half hour he was there, (2) the amount he knows her to drink on a regular basis, (3) what she told him, or (4) how much alcohol he knew her to have available when he left.

Also, it mentions he was asleep (not passed out) during the time Lisa is thought to have disappeared, but does not say he was in the Irwin home at the time, though perhaps that is implied by mentioning it in reference to the kidnapping.

This was a freaking SPRINGFIELD TELEVISION STATION. Three hours from here. They know NOTHING about this case. It's one sentence in a three-paragraph story. Jim Spellman of CNN says this has been discredited. It was a misunderstanding by the Springfield station.

All the national media in KANSAS CITY and THE KANSAS CITY MEDIA says he was gone shortly after arriving at Festival Foods. If he returned, it has not become part of the public discourse by the media.

Let me state this unequivocably. If Phil Netz was passed out drunk in the home when baby Lisa went missing and it was just coming out....it would be the lead story right now. Period.

He is 20 years old. Why wouldn't he be able to rent a tiny little house?:waitasec:

I meant no offense and can only speak to what I know from personal experience. I don't know anything about this young man or housing/rental costs in your area. If PN is paying rent, I would assume he is employed. I don't know how much rent would be, but most 20-year-olds that I know can't afford to rent a house. Depending on their individual circumstances, most are attending college part-time while living at home, working part-time while going to school, are full-time college students whose parents have the means to provide a college education, or they're working some type of low-paying job. Renting even a very small home anywhere in this area would be prohibitive for a 20-year-old. jmo

Know wonder reporters can't get it straight, can't blame them. The parents have changed their story how many times??

Also alot of people are blaming media - WHO called them and made a deal with them on what? Day 2 or 3 of Lisa missing??

Thanks!!!

How can you sleuth it in Missouri? Those records are closed in Missouri unless charges are filed or the case workers' actions become part of civil litigation.

Illegal to drink on your own front porch??? Yikes!!! I couldn't imagine that! People enjoy a cold beverage adult or otherwise on their own front porch, no

Just back reading but if we were to drink on our porch it would be a problem for LE here.. I'm guessing it would be dumped out and we'd be told to go inside.. We don't drink but our area is not the best...

Know wonder reporters can't get it straight, can't blame them. The parents have changed their story how many times??

Also alot of people are blaming media - WHO called them and made a deal with them on what? Day 2 or 3 of Lisa missing??

What deal?

How can you sleuth it in Missouri? Those records are closed in Missouri unless charges are filed or the case workers' actions become part of civil litigation.

If there had been any previous history of any investigation of DB or LI, I am sure it would have come out one way or another. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx