‘Mother hen’ to media villain: The life of Debbie Bradley - Kansas City Star 11/5/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
True. Anyone heard of Theodore 'Ted' Bundy? A serial rapist-killer? He wouldn't confess and went as far as representing himself at one of his trials.

Adolf Hitler killed millions directly and indirectly-----------he never confessed. Took his misdeeds and psycho self to the grave.

And the comparisons between JI/DB and Hitler and Bundy are appropriate based on?????

Bundy was a serial killer, guilty of raping and murdering many people. JI/DB are two lower-middle class kids who may or may not have accidentally or purposely injured, killed, or disposed of their baby . . . once.

I'm sorry, but the level of criminal sophistication between Bundy and JI/DB isn't even close. Much less using a genocidal maniac as an example.

I don't know what university you got this textbook from, but at the one I work at, nothing like that is used. BLET students are taught interrogation by in service detectives. I have NEVER seen any of them tell the students to call anyone "white trash" or anything derogatory. Yes, they antagonize suspects and many times this does lead to confessions or to lawyers. Anyone that has ever followed a missing child case knows that the parents will come under suspicion if a suspect is not found rather quickly. Even DB admitted she knew that.

I would hope the people teaching those classes wouldn't teach that one should go be derogatory for any reason.

I'm pretty sure the cop who once called me a "f*cking *****head" was never taught to practice that technique either. Doesn't mean he didn't do it.

My friend is a detective here. He's told me what he's said, done, and what's worked. In some of those cases, calling him "Derogatory" would be charitable.

Just saying.

I would hope the people teaching those classes wouldn't teach that one should go be derogatory for any reason.

I'm pretty sure the cop who once called me a "f*cking *****head" was never taught to practice that technique either. Doesn't mean he didn't do it.

My friend is a detective here. He's told me what he's said, done, and what's worked. In some of those cases, calling him "Derogatory" would be charitable.

Just saying.

A police officer called you a "f*cking *****head" during a criminal interview? Was it taped? I would think that would be grounds for a reprimand. Police officers are humans too and I'm sure there are occasions when their tempers get the best of them. But now days most everything they do is taped. Even the patrol officers cars are monitored as to speed. So I find it hard to believe any officer/detective called DB white trash when she was being questioned. In fact unless I see a tape of it, I will never believe she was called that.

Well one truth they know and aren't telling LE is related to the cadavar dog hit. It hit in DB's bedrrom. The bedroom she was allegedly in. So why isn't she in interviews with LE saying I don't know why, or yes the intruder laid my baby down there, or anything else. Because LE cannot get a response to that question, they can't rule it out and move past it.

What if the answer is (was) that she had no explanation for how the dog 'hit' in the bedroom? The response may have been such a non answer (true or not).

If you were truly innocent and a dog had a hit in your bedroom, what would be your explanation?

A police officer called you a "f*cking *****head" during a criminal interview? Was it taped? I would think that would be grounds for a reprimand. Police officers are humans too and I'm sure there are occasions when their tempers get the best of them. But now days most everything they do is taped. Even the patrol officers cars are monitored as to speed. So I find it hard to believe any officer/detective called DB white trash when she was being questioned. In fact unless I see a tape of it, I will never believe she was called that.

What if it wasn't said directly to her, like perhaps one LE officer saying it to another and it was overheard?

I believe LE denied calling DB white trash. I'll take their word for it. I think there were links posted yesterday?

What if the answer is (was) that she had no explanation for how the dog 'hit' in the bedroom? The response may have been such a non answer (true or not).

If you were truly innocent and a dog had a hit in your bedroom, what would be your explanation?

IF you were truly innocent, I believe you would FREAK out, demand answers, ask questions, and BEG LE to help you find out what happened in that bedroom. You couldn't "explain" it if you were innocent, but I would certainly freak out if there was a "hit" in the bedroom and my baby was missing. JMO

IF you were truly innocent, I believe you would FREAK out, demand answers, ask questions, and BEG LE to help you find out what happened in that bedroom. You couldn't "explain" it if you were innocent, but I would certainly freak out if there was a "hit" in the bedroom and my baby was missing. JMO

How do you know she didn't do this when she heard that news from LE?

The hit in the bedroom could have come from vomit. DB was drunk. Maybe she threw up.
It does not mean a dead body was there for sure.

My daughter used to play that game of What If with me when she was young, so..

WHAT IF: Debbi had never made that liquor run to the store that night with her brother

WHAT IF: Debbi had been a responsible mother that night to her three children, especially knowing that Baby Lisa was sick

WHAT IF: She hadn't put Baby Lisa down so early in the night

WHAT IF: Debbi did put Baby Lisa down early to try and calm her, and then did check on her every so often like I did my children, and still do with my grandchildren

WHAT IF: Everyone would tell the whole truth without regard to protecting themselves and just worry about the real victim here. Her name is not Debbi, nor Jeremy but Lisa!

WHAT IF: Jeremy wasn't such a wimp (MOO) and would stand up and demand Debbi be completely honest with LE, without leaving out the parts where she claims she blacked out.

WHAT IF: Debbi didn't start talking to LE about everything, Jeremy would take his child and get the heck out of there and stop supporting Debbi

WHAT IF: Debbi's family stepped outside of her box, truly looked at what is happening and decided to stand up for Baby Lisa instead of Debbi

WHAT IF: Whoever is funding the attorney and the circus he's brings (MOO again) pulls out and decided the right thing to do is stand behind Baby Lisa

WHAT IF

MOO

LE has addressed that the family has answered questions. So your comment about 'the only witnesses won't talk' is incorrect. Also, if we're going to start condemning defense lawyers based on who they represented in the past, then there isn't going to be a whole lot left for representation.

Sorry,I guess I assumed we were talking about NOW and not the ONE 13 hour interview a month ago.

My point is,the parents don't seem to want to do everything they can to get their baby back. As a mom whose child died,I don't understand that. I'm suspicious.JMO
Defense lawyers have a job to do. I am not condemning them. Yes,the parents sat for an initial interview,but questions come up ,timelines need to be firmed up ,information from others needs to be confirmed or denied. Are they talking now? We don't really know for sure but it doesn't seem that they are.

There needs to be a relationship between LE and the parents.They should want the same thing;to find baby Lisa and whoever caused her disappearance.

The only info we are getting from either group is finger pointing.

Who's trying to find baby Lisa?

I bet LE is building a case against the parents and that will include ruling out the involvement of anyone else. But that's just a guess.

How do you know she didn't do this when she heard that news from LE?

You asked what would others do, or how they would explain. I gave you MY answer.

We don't know what DB said or did when she heard the news of a "hit" by a dog in her bedroom, if anything at all. She's all lawyered up and "grieving." :innocent:

:seeya: I can't see the link 1&2&3. Can somebody describe the car...Thanks.

It is an older model big Lincoln, 4-door white. No idea year, back when cars were big and really gas guzzlers.

The following thread is where my information came from. Sorry you had problems.

Pictures from Lisa Irwin Case - No Discussion
#4 10-12-2011, 11:54 PM
Kat

Pictures posted elsewhere on Lisa's subforum by our member Nursebeeme.

http://images.scribblelive.com/2011/...fc459f_400.jpg

Picture of family car and Jeremy's work truck.

source of Nursebeeme's pictures are:
http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_...nth-Old?Page=3

This quote still cracks me up. It is so delusional.

“My God, Debbie and Jeremy can’t even relax and smoke on the back porch without seeing hidden cameras popping out of brush. It’s horrible.”

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/11/0...lain.html#.TrYDcX3KlkE.facebook#ixzz1d39GInrz

Who thinks about relaxing when your baby is missing?

Those dang cameras keep reminding me of Lisa when I am just trying to relax.

I really wonder too if they are seeing real cameras or is it in their heads?

I read this yesterday and dismissed it as a typical grandparent/parent article. Scared, disbeliving their child could do something bad like this, being supportive to their child.

But evidently the article made more of an impression than I thought, at least peripherally because I am still thinking of it.

Points I have been thinking of.

He gave his interview to local media, not national media. A sign of dissension within the family? Immediate family has been refusing to talk to local media since soon after Lisa went missing. When Short scheduled interviews with local media she got fired. Now when he decides to give an interview it is with the locals. Is that a sign that he disagrees with the local media ban?

He indicates most family is saying "trust nobody" but he seems to think that is making things worse. So he is going public, and with the locals.

He shows an awareness of what is being said about the parents. So they aren't just playing video games in the house, they are actually following the public perceptions of the case. I have wondered about that.

He mentioned all the family's problems over the years, even discusses alcoholism, yet stops short of any comments about DB's drinking. BTW was he talking about DB's mom having alcoholism or does he? He doesn't mention if he believes she inherited anything related to the alcoholism. Was he trying introduce mitigating factors here?

To me, the incident with the dog doesn't even make sense. It doesn't give any indication of what DB would do if an accident would happen to her daughter. Only what happened when someone else brought her a living child that had been involved in an accident that she had no involvement with.

As a father and a grandfather I think he sounds like a very nice man. A man who loves he daughter and a man who loved his granddaughter. A man who fears for both. But the way he talks about DB's early family life, besides mitigating factors he almost lays out how it could have happened. A girl who grew up in a dysfunctional family, who had an alcoholic mother. A "Daddy's girl" who fought with her father when she had to live with him. Could she be an alcoholoic herself, who did love her children but who didn't have early responsibile parental role models to help guide her decisions with her own children?

Another interesting note on the mother in law. She obviously cares a lot for DB. And she speaks highly of her as a mother and as a person. But considering that this woman she loves as a person left her home and never kept in contact, never offered to allow her to spend time with her grandson it just sounds like there is something missing there.

You asked what would others do, or how they would explain. I gave you MY answer.

We don't know what DB said or did when she heard the news of a "hit" by a dog in her bedroom, if anything at all. She's all lawyered up and "grieving." :innocent:

But yet everyone is making judgements on DB based on what they think she is or is not doing? Nobody was there when LE told her these facts, nobody is with them NOW to know how they are dealing with this day in and day out.

The first time LE was at the house with the dog, DB & JI gave verbal consent on what rooms they could search. The master bedroom was off limits! This info was on WS early on and I do not know how to track past info like our long time sleuthers.

If my child was missing, I was innocent and I heard that a cadavar dog had hit in my bedroom? I would be in LE's face demanding an explanation, that they explain to me how that could happen. That they explain what it means. That they tell me about false positives and what could have made that happen.

Because if I was innocent I would be worried about the fact that while I was asleep (with one of my children) that it could mean that an intruder stood in my bedroom holding the body of my daughter (apparently who was dead), looking at me and another of my children sleeping in my bed. That would be badly freaking me out and I would be wanting to speak to LE about it!

The first time LE was at the house with the dog, DB & JI gave verbal consent on what rooms they could search. The master bedroom was off limits! This info was on WS early on and I do not know how to track past info like our long time sleuthers.

They can actually do that, dictate where a dog can search and not search? I've never heard of that before. Even so, once they got the hit, couldn't they just search again with the warrant?

If my child was missing, I was innocent and I heard that a cadavar dog had hit in my bedroom? I would be in LE's face demanding an explanation, that they explain to me how that could happen. That they explain what it means. That they tell me about false positives and what could have made that happen.

Because if I was innocent I would be worried about the fact that while I was asleep (with one of my children) that it could mean that an intruder stood in my bedroom holding the body of my daughter (apparently who was dead), looking at me and another of my children sleeping in my bed. That would be badly freaking me out and I would be wanting to speak to LE about it!

That's great but does anyone know if DB did what you are describing when LE told her this? I'm getting the impression people don't and I don't know how you would know otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member