04/22/2013 - waiting for rebuttal to continue

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for bringing that law of attraction good energy to WS today!!!!!! I'm laughing so hard I had to wipe the coffee spray from my monitor. :jail:

I had a thought while trying to sleep last night that might help keep us laughing no matter what happens today. Remember when JA testified tearfully on cross that visiting RB was just an alibi? How does planning an alibi weeks before you leave jive with either self defense or crime of passion?

She's toast. Can you photoshop that?????????? :floorlaugh:

Just for you friend, to help us laugh today, NO MATTER WHAT the defense dreams up to try.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/04/22/arias-spoof-video-viral-hit

Here is a (creepy) playlist for JA... http://rateyourmusic.com/list/TheScientist/the_greatest_stalking_songs
All of them suit her far too well.
Also on the album with "Every Breath You Take" by the Police , is "Murder by Numbers"~ a terribly appropriate song for this crazy murderess.
http://www.lyricsfreak.com/s/sting+police/murder+by+numbers_20132243.html
Sure does make me want to pay closer attention to lyrics. I do NOT want to listen to this sort of carp!

Alfred Hitchcock show. One episode was an evil doll. The doll said" my name is Tina, and you better be nice to me."

last night it occured to me that I can't imagine even thinking about going out to buy a 9mm gun and some good fighting knives...

And if Jodi was in such a "fog" why would she think to bring knives and a gun along with her on her prospecting for gold trip with a group of men?

Trilogy with Karen Black.

Do you realize how many years I have tried to forget that movie? I was a kid sneaking tv time and was terrified for DAYS. My adult memory makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

The 3rd story of the voo doo doll and Karen Black sitting spread eagled with that knife and those voo doo warrior teeth. I could cry right now.

Thanks for that.
:mad: :mad:

lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many posters are from England?

Does England have any nuts like JA, or is the USA the only one that is so graced?

Commonwealth but not England here :seeya: We brought the world Karla H and Luka M and have 1/10 your population. :blushing:

IMO there will never be justice for ANY victims when defendants and their defense attorney are allowed to say whatever they want about victims or other players without ANY proof. The defense seems to ALWAYS be held to a lower standard than the prosecution. It seems ANYTHING the prosecution may want to bring forth is "prejudicial" to the defendant. But it is OK for the defense to say ANYTHING they want about a victim and that is NOT considered "prejudicial' to the victim???

Look at the Anthony case. (And I am not comparing these two cases-they ar completely different type crimes). The defense was able to bring up Roy Kronk, George Anthony etc. without any corroborating evidence. And defense attorneys cannot be held liable for sullying anyone's name. Just like, Arias and her attorney will never be held liable for trashing the victim's name without any corroborating evidence.

It’s really maddening, I agree. She already tried the most common defense tactics and they didn’t work. She wasn’t able to maintain her innocence because of the DNA and camera evidence, and her alibi was shredded as well. She had no other defense tactic left other than to flip the roles by playing the victim and claiming self-defense. Very common and sleazy, but psychos don’t care about tarnishing the reputation of their victims. What’s even sleazier is when defense attorneys know their client is telling shifting, unreasonable stories but yet they allow themselves to enter a delusional world of make-believe so they can continue to fatten their wallets by selling their myths to a jury.

Having said all that, I can’t think of any remedy that would prevent a defendant from putting forth an outrageous defense just because there is no corroborating evidence. As much as I hate that guilty defendants may use the system to their benefit and / or to trash victims, that same system is what protects innocent people from being unfairly prosecuted by overzealous government officials.

There are times when absolutely no corroborating evidence is available to support a defendant’s claim; so what is a truly innocent person to do if they are arrested of a crime they didn’t commit and / or if they actually did kill a person in self-defense if their testimony is thrown out by the court because there is no evidence to back it up? Just one scenario I can think of is this: Say a true domestic violence victim lived in the boonies with her husband or live-in boyfriend, and he repeatedly battered this woman – beat her to a pulp over and over again – and wouldn’t allow her to leave the home over the course of one year, and so on. Say if one night it became a “kill or be killed” situation, and she killed him in self-defense. What corroborating evidence would she have if she was essentially a shut-in? It would be highly unjust and scary to live in a country where our rules of evidence prevented her from telling the truth just because she had no corroborating evidence to substantiate her defense and even though the dead man’s family may see her accounts of abuse as trashing him unfairly. Perhaps he never displayed those violent behaviors around them.

So even though I too get sick of the Casey Anthony and Jodi Arias’ of the world – I wouldn’t know of any fair way to resolve it. The hope is that we will never see a jury as unintelligent (and that’s putting it mildly) as the Pinellas 12 again. I think most juries tend to get it right and in this instance, it’s a no-brainer.

And it's what makes her potentially dangerous too. If someone is taking what LaViolette stated as evidence of an abusive relationship instead of putting into perspective abusive behaviors that could be part of an abusive relationship - whole swathes of people are suddenly victimized (trying to figure out why they never felt victimized) while actual people living in abuse aren't seeing the pattern that emerges in nearly every one. A pattern that often exists even if the victim is never stricken nor openly called a single name - the most covert of psychological abuse that can be so difficult for so many to identify as abuse. The flip side: if Jodi's extreme actions are seen as acceptable or warranted, despite them being characteristic of abuse in and of themselves, it helps along a perception that female perpetrators are justified in those behaviors.

And I'm not even gonna get started on abuse victims as helpless, wholesome storybook creations; the validity of anger management as a therapeutic treatment when an abuser is disordered; the success, or lack of, court-mandated batterer intervention programs she advocates and conducts; her enlightened essay entitled 'Battered Husbands And Other Myths'; and the outmoded philosophy that anger is what causes domestic violence. Nope, not even going to go there. ;)

(It's good to have you here, NIN, and thank you for your insight. You should post more often! I'll say please in advance to avoid accusations. :biggrin:)

For me, the defense witness Samuel and then ALV were the game changers, that could put the jury past the beyond a reasonable doubt mark. My top one would be the testimony of the Medical Examiner. What did it for you? http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/04/19/jodi-arias-murder-trial-top-10-game-changers

Good morning all wonderful WSers! I'm thanking you in advance for getting me up to speed when I get back here after work.... :)
Wish I could reschedule today to see it all in real time, but thank heavens for the work :)
Wishing you all peace and sending you all some love :)

'Morning kaRN! :seeya: These pics are funny, nothing like a bit of humour to start the day.

BIhLnYGCYAAGyH-.jpg:medium

This is a riot.

Alfred Hitchcock show. One episode was an evil doll. The doll said" my name is Tina, and you better be nice to me."

I remember that episode. Real creepy. Could be JA reincarnated, yes?

Gosh folks- I worked yesterday and all kinds of things happened!

What I was wondering and may have missed-

Could this new Psych doc being asked to testify to support PTSD since so much was made of Samuels testing methods? Maybe that is what you all were saying but I was confused with the discussion on arguing about the BPD.
I like all of you, am over these people already- I may have to employ the Vodka in the morning therapy- and let me tell you- it wont be pretty! :scared:

I am renaming the ME. His new name is Dr. McYummy. His hotness distracted me from listening closely to his testimony.

In a previous case, the trial court said Geffner was a hired gun, and also sanctioned him. The trial court's decision was upheld on appeal.

Snort. That tidbit should be on Geffner's CV ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver