07/23/10 Terri not completely cooperative -- per LE

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I still think they can hang their hat on her being not cooperative based upon her walking out of 3rd LD test, or whichever one it was, if she did. And by saying she has not been completely cooperative, maybe they hope to rile her up to talk some more, who knows.

And has anyone besides D&K said that Dede won't cooperate?
I must be the only one who does not take everything these grieving parents say as gospel.
BBM

Apparently LE has told Desiree and Kaine this. That is what they said in their written statement. I'm pretty certain they wouldn't release this kind of statement to the media without it being true.

my opinion

He would not comment on whether Terri Horman is a person of interest, but said she hasn't been uncooperative with investigators.

"The requests that have been made to her by detectives to her, she has not refused at this point in time, as has been reported. As to what level the family is referring to, I can’t comment on that," Staton said.

July 22, 2010

http://www.kptv.com/news/24355297/detail.html

So, the refusal to cooperate reported by Kaine and Desiree is not accurate?

ETA: If anybody comes across a video of Staton saying this, would you please post? I'd like to see him say it for inflection etc.

Thank you for finding that, Bean E. I have been wondering about D&K and their assertions and have never believed that LE was egging them on. I understand D&K's frustration level must be out of this world, but am not so sure they are rational about the investigation, Tony or no Tony.

I'm not believing anything that does not come from LE in this case. I think D&K are making a mistake by naming names, as nothing will make a person feel they need a lawyer more than being accused and threatened with a lawsuit, in the media.

"The requests that have been made to her by detectives to her, she has not refused at this point in time, as has been reported. As to what level the family is referring to, I can’t comment on that," Staton said.

July 22, 2010

ETA: If anybody comes across a video of Staton saying this, would you please post? I'd like to see him say it for inflection etc.

OK, I read that quote differently, and I would also like to see a tape. I took the first sentence to mean that, just as we have been saying all along, she has not refused any requests. The second sentence I took to mean, the family is referring to a higher level of cooperation, such as answering the questions truthfully and telling everything she knows. To me they are not saying anything new here, but I would really like to see the tape.

Thank you for finding that, Bean E. I have been wondering about D&K and their assertions and have never believed that LE was egging them on. I understand D&K's frustration level must be out of this world, but am not so sure they are rational about the investigation, Tony or no Tony.

I'm not believing anything that does not come from LE in this case. I think D&K are making a mistake by naming names, as nothing will make a person feel they need a lawyer more than being accused and threatened with a lawsuit, in the media.

I posted two other similar denials by LE earlier today. God knows what thread I posted them in. They're in this Staton interview though:

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_horman_investigation_tra.html

There have been additional denials on the MCSO press release page, saying the info didn't come from MCSO, such as this one:

Multnomah County Sheriff's Office has no comments regarding the July 8, 2010 Young/Horman press conferences - 07/08/10
There will be no comment from the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office regarding the information reported during the Horman/Young July 8, 2010 press conferences. The information released in during these conferences did NOT come from the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office. This is an ongoing investigation.

http://www.flashalert.net/news.html?id=1276

I posted two other similar denials by LE earlier today. God knows what thread I posted them in. They're in this Staton interview though:

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_horman_investigation_tra.html

There have been additional denials on the MCSO press release page, saying the info didn't come from MCSO, such as this one:

Multnomah County Sheriff's Office has no comments regarding the July 8, 2010 Young/Horman press conferences - 07/08/10
There will be no comment from the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office regarding the information reported during the Horman/Young July 8, 2010 press conferences. The information released in during these conferences did NOT come from the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office. This is an ongoing investigation.

http://www.flashalert.net/news.html?id=1276

I remember these, and discussing them. BeanE, why do you think so many people believe LE is encouraging this? I admit, I am on the fence on this one.

Just my opinion, but I think LE is saying that she isn't cooperating now that she has an attorney. Seeing as how they haven't spoken to her since.

Moo, moo, and more moo :)

Mel

I remember these, and discussing them. BeanE, why do you think so many people believe LE is encouraging this? I admit, I am on the fence on this one.

I don't think it's that many people. I think it's a few very vocal people across the net, and talking heads on the crimetainment shows etc.

I have no idea why they believe it, or if they actually do.

There seems to be a lot of posters here who believe that LE is endorsing all of D&K's words. Maybe they are, but I doubt it. It would be highly unprofessional and they (LE) seem to be trying to keep a tight control over everything. I can't see them farming out the dirty work to the family. Also I do not believe that D&K are being kept informed as to every little thing. LE just does not do that. Regardless of LE in the family. How many times have we heard from or about frustrated families who plead for information from LE? I do think that D&K hear things in every word that LE may tell them and interpret it for themselves, with the best intentions perhaps.

Still, LE is not even forthcoming when allegedly trying to clear something up :( Every syllable uttered has more than more meaning.

I'm not BeanE, but I think people believe LE is leaking info through the parents because 1. TY is LE and I think he would not do anything to tick off his fellow LE by putting out info they shouldn't, 2. the parents are desperate and would not do anything to purposely jeopardize the investigation, 3. TH has been profiled extensively and LE is "using" the parents to the best effect to elicit a response from TH, 4. Obviously, TH is the prime POI, and local LE has not announced that yet. They are allowing the parents to say all the things they would like to, but cannot because of various reasons that the public doesn't know about. Part of that reason is $$. They had to get additional funding before they formally named the suspect. Otherwise, the additional funding would not have come. I expect a formal announcement of a suspect this week.

JMO and all that.

I don't see why they would name a suspect. They have nothing to gain by doing that. They can just continue to investigate as they are doing. Unless they are ready to charge her, I don't see how it benefits LE to name a suspect.

:blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss:
I'm not BeanE, but I think people believe LE is leaking info through the parents because 1. TY is LE and I think he would not do anything to tick off his fellow LE by putting out info they shouldn't, 2. the parents are desperate and would not do anything to purposely jeopardize the investigation, 3. TH has been profiled extensively and LE is "using" the parents to the best effect to elicit a response from TH, 4. Obviously, TH is the prime POI, and local LE has not announced that yet. They are allowing the parents to say all the things they would like to, but cannot because of various reasons that the public doesn't know about. Part of that reason is $$. They had to get additional funding before they formally named the suspect. Otherwise, the additional funding would not have come. I expect a formal announcement of a suspect this week.

JMO and all that.

Bless your heart Gwenabob! I was just trying to say all of that but I couldn't come up with the words. Thank you!!!!:blowkiss:

The HOTTEST PLACES IN HELL are reserved for those who in times of utter crisis vacillated....".i don't understand ... I cooperated last time".....FLAMES!!!:furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:The ten commandments.....Thou shall not bear false witness!!!
THOU SHALL NOT KILL!!!!:banghead:

I think they will go straight to charging a person/persons, and skip the in-between part of having an uncharged suspect. They have a suspect, everyone knows it, but once they name one, it appears as though they are not looking at any other possibilities or following up on tips (or defense can make it appear that way). I can't imagine that if they were to name Terri a suspect, it could add any pressure than is already on her.

He would not comment on whether Terri Horman is a person of interest, but said she hasn't been uncooperative with investigators.

July 22, 2010

Maybe you're worrying it to death. Sheriff answers your question in #7 of the OP's linked article.

Maybe you're worrying it to death. Sheriff answers your question in #7 of the OP's linked article.

Yes, I think you may be right. I think maybe Terri has indeed been cooperative in this (Kyron's) investigation, and that what Kaine and Desiree stated was inaccurate.

Thanks.

Maybe but would they have a clue about who is being interviewed and what they're saying in their interviews unless they talk to that person or if LE shares it with them?

I agree, and I'd like to take it a step further. Maybe LE is telling them things KNOWING how they will react to them, and what conclusions they'll probably draw. Maybe it's not that they're directly encouraging them, but they know if they give them certain information, most likely they will draw certain conclusions and take it to the media. LE can then say they didn't tell them to go talk to the media about it because they didn't. They just shared information and then let them do what they wanted with it. I think that is what is going on here. LE can distance themselves while at the same time keep giving them certain info and letting that info get out into the media through the parents while not telling them to go to the media and release that information.

Thus they get extra pressure but also get to say they didn't tell them to do that or agree with what they say since they let them draw their own conclusions and go to the media. I think it's a case of here's what we have, now you think about it and decide what you want to do about it. LE can wash their hands of it, and Kyron's parents are the ones who get the flack for going to the media, not LE. And since it's been mostly DY and KH at the forefront, even TY probably knows what LE is doing, and he is keeping quiet and staying in the background just like LE is.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back